Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
1201 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 2023472277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sean Sanders
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire. See you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
353 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (224)fit for foodies (134)romantic (114)good for groups (112)notable wine list (91)great for lunch (79)hot spot (44)neighborhood gem (40)vibrant bar scene (36)late-night find (26)great for brunch (21)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Nice Dinner With FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Food was great! Service was a bit slow. When the valet pulled my car up though, it was making some kind of loud noise (loud enough for everyone on the sidewalk to hear). When I asked the valet what the sound was, his reply was "I don't know...bad transmission??) I got into my car and saw that he had my emergency parking brake on. I figured given the restaurant, he had driven a Maserati before. Or at leas knew to check for a parking brake. That made me feel very uncomfortable simply because I knew then that he had driven it all the way from the garage with the electronic parking brake on! Wasn't the worst that could happen but enough to end the night on a bit of a low point. Oceanaire is wonderful! Valet, not so much that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood RestrauntOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Made our reservation in the afternoon on Open Table app for 20:30. We arrived at 20:20 and were seated immediately. Our waitress took plenty of time to explain the night's specials, what was fresh, and how each dish was prepared. We don't drink wine but I noticed that she did the same with regard to the wine list for the party seated near us. She presented herself in a kind and patient manner. The food came promptly and everything was delicious. My wife and daughter were both very pleased, as was I. The prices reflect that you are in the nation's capitol, and in a very nice seafood establishment, meaning quite high. However, the atmosphere and most people's dress was casual. It was very nice overall. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- ExtraordinaryTomasVIPDined on 9/27/2014Just a delightful experience. If you want seafood, this is the place to go. My wife had the mixed seafood grill and I had the halibut. Just extraordinary. Wonderful food and service. Quality. Quality. Quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014This is one of my favorite DC dining spots because of the excellent quality of the seafood, the ambiance, and the attention to detail you receive from the wait staff. I have always been please with there recommendations of side dishes and main courses and their suggestions on wine paring has always suited my taste. The portion sizes are more than ample and I always leave feeling quite satisfied with a full belly and a quality meal. I would recommend this restaurant for a date night, friends meeting, even a family event as I believe they have space for larger groups. The restaurant also offers valet parking and that is nice plus. You can't go wrong with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great place to dine!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I hadn't dined at Oceanaire in several years. We celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary there. The food is still delicious and the atmosphere is romantic for couples. I'm glad to say we will be including Oceanaire in our rotation of restaurants again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neither Impressed nor DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014For fine dining, Oceanaire is overall acceptable but not stellar. We ordered the following: Tuna Poke - 4 stars; Mussels - 2.5 stars (arrived lukewarm and overcooked); Crab cake - 3.5 stars; Lobster Mac & Cheese - 3 stars (not my choice as it is expensive ingredients wasted); Escargots in Puff Pastry - 2 stars (a novelty but bland); wine selection - 4 stars; waiter Pino - 3 stars (jovial but checked back in on us only when we were nearly finished); noise - 3 stars (fine in the evening when it's half-empty); decor (3 stars); lighting - 4 stars (one of few restaurants where it doesn't seem like they don't want me to see what I am eating); ambiance - 3 stars (would be nice to have votive candles on the table for evening dining).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice timepwashingtonDined on 9/23/2014The food was excellent, service good; the bar area was a bit noisy for a Tuesday night. But all in all a very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014The seafood was great quality and very fresh! The fish are caught daily, according to the waiter.Special Features:
- Oceanaire DCtommyvDined on 9/22/2014Very good seafood restaurant. Fresh fish daily with interesting specials. Great selection of shellfish. White table ambiance and elegant for couples or groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014The experience was great went for my wifes birthday and she had a wonderful time and enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable meal, not stellarEllenPDined on 9/20/2014Some items were very good. The oyster selection was terrific, and we appreciated the waiter giving us a list of what we ordered and pointing out which variety was which--a nice touch. My roasted beet salad was delicious, as was my mojito. My husband enjoyed his halibut, but I found my rockfish a bit oversalted. Very good waiter--the only odd thing is that he convinced us to change our wine order to a cheaper bottle (!) which turned out to be pretty forgettable. If you choose carefully from the menu, you can have a great meal here; the service is quite good. I didn't care for some of the background music--seems to me the retro decor would be better suited to jazz instead of pop. My guess is they are trying to appeal to a younger crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedkeepingitrealDined on 9/20/2014I had early dinner reservations 6 pm so the restuarant was fairly empty at the time but still got sat in small seat near waiters work station. Ask to be moved was told these were seats for 2 while other couples were clearly sitting in booths.. Maybe they were regulars beats me.. that kinda killed my mood and probably should have left after that.. the food was good not great.. my wife order came out 10 min before mine so I ended up full off my side of mash potatoes before my porkchop came out. .I'll pass next time.Special Features:
- 73onarollDined on 9/20/2014As usual, everything was simply fantastic. You can search around if you like, but if you are looking for a great experience, look no further.Special Features:
- Went early on Friday eve. Great!GigiDined on 9/19/2014Had an early dinner before a meeting. Got our choice of table, service was quick and pleasant and no issues about splitting an entree. Great Sancerre. Chilean Sea Bass was good--shrimp ceviche delicious. Great choice!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Always great food, lively scene and impeccable service!!Special Features:
- Great fishAussieDined on 9/14/2014We always love the quality of the food at Oceanaire. It has become quite expensive so now we only go when it is a business dinner. Given the price factor, some of the dining tables are poorly located and you can feel underwhelmed by the overall experience. I don't want to pay top dollar and be seated literally next to a bus station. Our waiter on this occasion seemed new and had to ask fellow staff for answers to our questions. He failed to provide a pen to sign the credit card and it took 10 minutes to get someone's attention. For this reason we found it necessary to reflect the service with an appropriate tip.Special Features:
- Always a good choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014A little pricey, but definitely worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- BD dinnerDisappointedDined on 9/13/2014Don't know if it was that particular or not, as first time diner, however we all (4 people) were not happy with the service and especially the food. We found it mediocre or less: overcooked shrimp, nondescript sauces, etc. Very overrated in our opinions.
- Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I took my mom to celebrate her belated birthday at Oceanaire. We had a very enjoyable dinning experience. The service was superb and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Good ChoiceCaptainKirkUKDined on 9/12/2014We chose to go to this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was a last minute booking but we were still given a nice table and then were surprised to be given a scroll menu as a momento and a free dessert - what a nice touch. Good wine list, pleasant service. The food was good not great and it is expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, expensive, poor servicemmmmDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant had a lively feel to it. The service was slow and disjointed. Our ice water took 15 minutes to come then our appetizers came almost immediately before the menus were cleared. I would have rated the experience as very good if the bill was 150-200 but it was closer to 300 with tip (no wine ordered just one beer and 3 sodas). The food was very good.Special Features:
- President & CEOVicBDined on 9/12/2014Great service and food - very pleased with my experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKFBCIHDined on 9/10/2014Very nice and in walking distance to downtown hotels. I brought first timers and they had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- terrible experienceluv2dineDined on 9/9/2014I was celebrating my birthday and expected to be seated when I arrived because I made reservations. I was told that a reservation does not guarantee you a table by your selected time.
- Review of the StewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I had the fish stew when I was there. The roux had very little taste. If I went back, i would try something else. My father had the mixed grill and liked it very much. I wish I had tried something different.Special Features:
- Absolutely delish!LivetoysdteDined on 9/8/2014From the simply made BLT salad to the baked stuff shrimp, the food is fantastic! A bit pricey but you pay for quality, a definite favorite place of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was good. It could have been hotter. It was luke warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 9/6/2014Excellent menu and attentive service combine for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great FooddelightfulDined on 9/4/2014delightfulMixed Seafood. Scallops were delicious. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dionbnesbitt2DCDined on 9/3/2014I took my wife there for her Birthday and we had a wonders time. This was not our first time and we have always enjoyed the food, service and drinks and wine We both had fish and two sides. Always cooked perfect and portion are great. The price is always right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NLizDined on 9/3/2014Has over time consistently been an excellent seafood restaurant. Service is excellent and wait staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:
- Bar to Table service needs work.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014Food, from appetizers to all four main courses was totally delicious and flawlessly prepared. Drinks at the bar were perfect. Drinks, however, when ordered at the table were inconsistent in size and quality with one martini being totally wrong and undrinkable. We switched to a bottle of wine but never received the ice bucket. The superb food made it a good experience, but, at $14 a drink, they should also be correct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpricedRespondrVIPDined on 8/30/2014Best dish was the relish tray and bread ( both excellent). The main course was pedestrian. Not bad; but not up to the exorbitant prices for what you get.
- zoddDined on 8/29/2014Not very impressed by the food compared to the price.Special Features:
- Excellent!YaniDined on 8/27/2014This was my first time dining at Oceanaire and it was AMAZING! The service, The food and the decor of the restaurant was great! It takes quite a bit to impress me and Oceanaire is the place that did it.Special Features:
- Just Nice4daluvofoodVIPDined on 8/26/2014The fried seafood platter was nice and so were the crab cakes. The oysters were delicious but overall the food was average.
- Service is the charmCandylish5VIPDined on 8/24/2014I would definitely recommend Oceanaire Seafood Restaurant to those who want more than good food when they dine out. Yes, the food was good too. I had scallops that were succulent, fresh as could be, and grilled to perfection. My husband had the Chilean Sea Bass--scrumptious! But it was the A+ service that will bring us back again. Not just our server, but the entire staff understood how important friendliness and helpfulness are to the dining experience. Our server recommended a bottle of Cabernet that was not very expensive but still delivered the depth we were looking for. Oceanaire is located in Baltimore's hottest trendy new neighborhood, the East Harbor, not far from the new Four Seasons Hotel. The experience was pretty nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood at its' BestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I've dined here in business settings but recently grabbed a late night 9:45pm seating and while the restaurant not that busy, the staff was outstanding and not in a hurry...and the food was exquisitely prepared. Raw oysters were perfect and the lump crab cocktail is well worth it. My waiter recommended another fish from the one on the menu (sea bass instead of tile) but with the same preparation, and I cleaned the plate. Oceanaire is definitely worth a revisit.Special Features:
- Must Trydlm41Dined on 8/22/2014I visited this location on August 21, 2014 and the food and service was first class. I cannot think of one negative aspect of my visit. The waiter was knowledgeable, courteous and attentive. The food was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffDined on 8/22/2014Oceanaire always delivers great food, great service .Special Features: