Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis
50 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 6123332277
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Wholfiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
411 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (307)fit for foodies (184)romantic (154)notable wine list (121)good for groups (94)hot spot (76)vibrant bar scene (55)great for lunch (33)late-night find (33)neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Lovely dinnerLizerDined on 10/21/2014Excellent apps and entrees. Wonderful server with great recommendations. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014With the restaurant week event, it was great to try a restaurant I wouldn't typically go to for a special date night. I got the crab cake appetizer and scallop carbonara entree, and he ordered the ceasar salad and swordfish. All four dishes were amazing. I will be ordering the carbonara as my final meal whenever my time comes! SO DELICIOUS! The best part of the pumpkin cake dessert was the cream cheese frosting in the middle, but otherwise it wasn't anything special. My only negative feedback would be that we had to reorder our G&Ts because there wasn't any gin in them and that the server looked like a jersey shore cast member. But overall a wonderful experience with amazing food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy restaurant/DennyVIPDined on 10/20/2014When one makes a reservation at a restaurant on a Monday night, one expects that a table would be ready at the reserved time, instead of having to wait around for 15 minutes. It may have been the result of their"restaurant week" promotion, but the ambient noise was so loud that it was very difficult to converse with others at our table. The crabcakes were very good and the rest of the fish wasn't much better than average, certainly not as good as we have come to expect from this restaurant. The pumpkin puree was very tasty. The dessert was so-so.Special Features:
- swordfish was way overcookedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014the swordfish was way overcooked and dry as day old turkey breast , the staff attempted to serve the main course before the clam chowder first course had arrived = sent back then waited another 5 minutes for soup to arrive. Soup was very good. I paid extra for a bowl. Worth the size. Then for desert the restaurant week menu said coffee was included but, oops, I was charged. Too embarrassed to contest the bill at a classy restaurant so I just paid and left!
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Delicious food and great service. Went for restaurant week, and Oceanaire had the best menu by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cfoodloverDined on 10/19/2014Crabcakes are my favorite. I ordered swordfish, which has a good texture but not enough seasoning. Also just luke warm, not as goog as if they can be brought out right from the grilll. The Kale for the Alaska Cod is a bit too salty. Deserts are tasty, but will like them if they are warmer.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Great place for seafood. A little too crowded during restaurant week.Special Features:
- OceanaireOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Food was good, and servers were excellent. It was the first day of Restaurant Week, and kitchen had a hard time keeping up with the crowd. It took much too long to get our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014had the restaurant week special dinner for $30 each and was a very nice selection of appetizer,entree and desertSpecial Features:
- RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Went there with friends during restaurant week. Been there before and it was a lovely experience great service, great food and experience. This time Felt very rushed to eat and get out and not the experience we were expecting. Wait staff was standing by table waiting for us to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, very long wait for foodTheresaDined on 10/18/2014The oysters were incredible, entrees were fair and it took forever to get them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Ambiance could be better but very good food. We made our reservations for the wrong night and they accommodated us anyways. Very nice and helpful staff.Special Features:
- Pretty good...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Restaurant was decorated well, ambiance was very nice. Service was better than good, not outstanding. Apps were delicious... highly recommend the crab cakes. I ordered their monthly special two 6 oz. lobster tails. They were served to me cold. Yuck... server never asked how our food was.. side dishes were typical in flavor nothing exceptional. I had been looking forward to seafood and dinner at this restaurant all week and it was slightly disappointing for the prices we paid.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Even though we had a reservation we waited about 30 minutes and then it took forever to get our order placed. We had nowhere else to go, but every once in awhile we seemed forgotten.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Outstanding meal! Amy was a wonderful server and the Manager on Duty went over and above to help us with out Landrys Select card.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Birthday and OceanairemicberryDined on 10/17/2014The food and dining was fantastic, so much to choose from and it was all delicious. My table was often overlooked, and our waiter gave us little attention due to larger party dining near us. I felt often my table was forgotten due to the demands of the larger table. Our waiter was very apologetic, but often we could not find our waiter, and had another waiter help us take care of the bill so we could be on our way. However, still worth the fine cooked food, and dressy occasion.Special Features:
- Top food and serviceTroetseDined on 10/16/2014We were welcomed with a smile by Lisa and Maria. We had shrimps and grits and then the scallops and tuna. Everything outstanding. Definitely one of the finer restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- we've been away too longSmoothVIPDined on 10/16/2014we had not visited Oceanaire since they moved a couple of years ago. That was definitely a mistake. we had an excellent, knowledgeable server in Lisa; very nice surroundings and an excellent food/wine list. We were treated well from beginning to end and will not "stay away so long" again.
- SteveVIPDined on 10/15/2014Best seafood restaurant in the Twin Cities! Wait staff was superior as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group event...DSdinerVIPDined on 10/15/2014Oceanaire has several tables perfect for 6-10 people...well set up for that!
- Took a while to get the billCrampedVIPDined on 10/15/2014Waited quite a while to get the bill. Otherwise service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client Dinner - YUMIsabellaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Took a few customers here for dinner while in town for the conference - the food was great. Oyster selection was great.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodgreatseafoodDined on 10/14/2014If you love Good food and especially excellent Seafood this is the place to go. Great Service and Great Food. I am sure the things beside seafood are good also.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I surprised my husband on his 65th birthday. Our two sons and their wives joined us for dinner at Oceanaire. We had a lovely evening. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. Taking our family to very nice restaurants has been a special treat for all of us over the years. Introducing them to fine dining has been a real pleasure to my husband and me. Thanks for making my husband's birthday a truly great celebrationSpecial Features:
- Excrllent as always!!GregDined on 10/11/2014Never anything but an excellent meal here. Service is without equal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightmflanDined on 10/10/2014Food was fantastic, service was incredible. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good ServiceanniversaryVIPDined on 10/8/2014Nice menu, I find new things on the menu but there are also some other items you can get if your server tells you!Special Features:
- Vice President-Wireless StrategyIknwfoodDined on 10/6/2014I have eaten at various Oceanaire locations around the country and for the most part have found the experience to be acceptable. However the food and service at the Minneapolis location was extremely disappointing. My seafood salad was poorly prepared and my dinner companion's surf and turf was an embarrassment ,the lobster was old and steak over cooked. We would have returned the dinners had we not sat for over an hour waiting for our food to be served.
- Awesome ServiceluvfreshfishDined on 10/6/2014Our waiter descriptively outlined the highlights of the featured dishes. He did not disappoint. The butternut squash was heaven in a bowl. The seafood salad, pecan/blue cheese salad, and the spinach salad offered delicious flavors. The lobster and scallops melted in your mouth. As always, every dish was perfect. Our server was extremely helpful while giving us space to enjoy our dining experience.Special Features:
- Top shelf seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014It had been many years since we had dined at the Oceanaire but we were NOT disappointed. All the food and drink we had from start to finish was exceptional. Our waiter was very professional and did a great job of answering our questions and making recommendations after gathering that information. Everything our group had was delicious but the group favorite was the Barramundi dynamite. Superb!
- Birthday delightPlymouthRocksVIPDined on 10/4/2014Visited for me birthday. Jamie provided great service and was very attentive. Food was terrific with baked Alaskan for dessert. Thanks for a great food experience!Special Features:
- TerrificNMFoodieDined on 10/4/2014One of the best dining experiences of my life. I have been to several fine dining establishments in Minnesota and around the country and Oceanaire is one of the best! The Shrimp and Grits is amazing! The steaks are very high quality comparable to Manny's or the Strip Club in St. Paul. I feel everyone who likes a good time and great service should try the Oveanaire!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnermercDined on 10/3/2014It was the best food I have had at a restaurant in a very long time and we go out to eat every Friday night. The booth was comfortable, the service was superb, the food was outstanding and the atmosphere was great. Thank you!!Special Features:
- A must tryBDDuckDined on 10/3/2014Without question the best seafood around. Would highly recommend for a special occasion and let them know what you are celebrating beforehand. It was my mom's 74 birthday and they customized her menu to emphasize the occasion. I recommend the chilled shellfish platter to start the night off.Special Features:
- fisheater2Dined on 9/30/2014I have eaten at this establishment several times. Probably a couple of the best meals I have ever had were here. However I had the Black and Blue Swordfish (I think) and it was terrible. the fish was way overcooked. It was swimming in the overbearing blue cheese and sauteed onions. Like a soup. Way too heavy for seafood dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner pre Fleetwood Mac concertSandikayebDined on 9/30/2014Food was good, wine choices and cocktails were good, service was very good--we appreciated our server giving us time to visit before dinner enjoy our cocktails before rushing us thru dinner--that is what we were looking for. Calamari was ok--more onions and peppers than calamari compared to other restaurants for the price, trout, scallops, salmon choices were good, side dishes salads good choices.Special Features:
- Don't go when events downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We went prior to a concert - with a reservation (took additional 10-15 to be seated). Kitchen was very backed up. It was estimated ~20 minutes when ordering, but took 45 minutes for our food to arrive. I understand that they were extremely busy, but some additional bread or something should have been offered while waiting an extraodinary length of time. Second, I ordered a small, 1.25 lb lobster, but ended up with a $85 lobster. A bit of a shock, especially when we received the bill. It was a beautiful lobster tail, but more than I wished for (and it was a bit chewy). Our server was very professional, but would've appreciated a bit of acknowledgement for the time delay which caused us to be late for the concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedHoosierDined on 9/30/2014We went to the restaurant prior to a downtown show. We arrived two hours before the show, informed the server that we had a show in two hours, and just barely made it to the show. It took almost 10 minutes to get the drink orders and another 15 before we ordered the entree, then it took 40 minutes to get the entree. Eventually we were asking the bus-person for service, and at one point my date grabbed our server as he rushed by in order to get another beverage. It was to be a great evening out, yet we had to give up on an appetizer, coffee, and a dessert (money out of the restaurant's pocket). The kicker is that this was a Tuesday evening...what gives? There are too many downtown restaurants to put up with this kind of nonsense.
- Too loudNorskyDined on 9/30/2014Dined at Oceanaire at 6 PM on a Tuesday prior to a concert. The place was crowded, tables are jammed together and the place is way too loud. The acoustics in this restaurant are terrible. Very difficult to hold a conversation. The bar tender screwed up a very basic cocktail. The food was just OK, not great, especially disappointing considering the premium prices charged. Really the only good thing about the experience was the server was nice.Special Features:
- Need to train the wait staffAVdinersDined on 9/27/2014They serve wine by bringing a fresh glass, then pouring the wine from individual decanters. My wife ordered a 2nd glass (different type) of wine. The waiter brought a fresh glass first, then returned with the decanter. He started to pour it into the dirty glass and we stopped him after he had poured about 1 oz of wine into the used glass. His response was to pour the wine from the dirty glass into the fresh glass! We were speechless as he then poured the remaining wine from the decanter. My wife told him she didn't think that was right and wanted a fresh pour. He gave attitude, took the glass away, and returned with a pre-poured glass of wine (maybe the same glass for all we know). For a $150 dinner I think it is OK to expect better.Special Features: