Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis
50 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 6123332277
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Wholfiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
435 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (321)fit for foodies (196)romantic (159)notable wine list (124)good for groups (101)hot spot (83)vibrant bar scene (60)great for lunch (35)late-night find (34)neighborhood gem (31)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- Pretttty, pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2014We had an 8:30 reservation, but didn't get sat until a little after 9. It was restaurant week, so that was understandable. It was also a lot nosier then I expected, but again: restaurant week. Beyond those two things, it was fantastic. Food was good, staff was friendly, knowledgeable, prompt and overall it's a trendy looking spot in the heart of downtown. I'd go back in a heart beat - curious to see what it's like on a standard Wednesday night.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014They do not seem to have the capacity to participate in the Restaurant Week. We waited 45 min and were sent to the bar the whole time at our own cost. The waitress seemed to be overworked and was not patient to accommodate our needs. We waited a long time to get our food.
- Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014My wife and I have always enjoyed our visits to Oceanaire. This year we celebrated her birthday here and were surprised to find a flaming Baked Alaska on our table at the end of the meal courtesy of the restaurant. Excellent food and service - we highly recommend.Special Features:
- Wonder NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014First time for us at Oceanaire. Chose Restaruant Week to try them. Wonderful food and service. The restaurant was packed so noise level was elevated. I'm sure other weeks the ambiance would be different. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So unimpressedstim0018Dined on 10/22/2014I realize that we went during restaurant week, which is probably their least favorite week. And it showed. We waited twenty minutes for our reserved table. Our server didn't discuss the menu with us at all. We weren't even interested in the Restaurant Week menu, but she never went over anything so we just ordered off of it and added some sides, an app, and a bottle of wine. Our server did a typical wine service, but never returned to pour the wine, check on us, etc. When the main course was delivered I just sat there without a fork for five minutes until I flagged her down and asked. The food...not at all what I've experienced in the past. Bland, mushy, and just overall bad. The best part was dessert which isn't saying much.
- Don't Eat Here for Restaurant WeekbassoonbonnieDined on 10/22/2014As you would expect from Oceanaire, the food was amazing, particularly the crab cake, swordfish and desserts included with the Restaurant Week menu. The staff tried to take our plates several times while we were still eating and without asking if we were finished. They brought the main course while one member of our party was still eating her salad. They forgot to bring us mashed potatoes ordered off the regular menu and instead brought us hash browns after we were almost done with our entrees, only after I asked. Desserts were brought out while one member of our party was still eating her entree. Since the dessert included ice cream, I suggested she eat the dessert before finishing her entree. Clearly, they were trying to get us out fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerLizerDined on 10/21/2014Excellent apps and entrees. Wonderful server with great recommendations. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014With the restaurant week event, it was great to try a restaurant I wouldn't typically go to for a special date night. I got the crab cake appetizer and scallop carbonara entree, and he ordered the ceasar salad and swordfish. All four dishes were amazing. I will be ordering the carbonara as my final meal whenever my time comes! SO DELICIOUS! The best part of the pumpkin cake dessert was the cream cheese frosting in the middle, but otherwise it wasn't anything special. My only negative feedback would be that we had to reorder our G&Ts because there wasn't any gin in them and that the server looked like a jersey shore cast member. But overall a wonderful experience with amazing food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BankerBankerVIPDined on 10/21/2014We celebrated Restaurant Week ... the food, service and atmosphere were all wonderful ... delicious meal !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Went for restaurant week and the place was packed on a Tuesday night. Our service was wonderful. In a place specializing in seafood I was disappointed that my salmon and scallops were over cooked. The oysters were excellent though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy restaurant/DennyVIPDined on 10/20/2014When one makes a reservation at a restaurant on a Monday night, one expects that a table would be ready at the reserved time, instead of having to wait around for 15 minutes. It may have been the result of their"restaurant week" promotion, but the ambient noise was so loud that it was very difficult to converse with others at our table. The crabcakes were very good and the rest of the fish wasn't much better than average, certainly not as good as we have come to expect from this restaurant. The pumpkin puree was very tasty. The dessert was so-so.Special Features:
- Anniversary nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Best dinner we have had in a long time! Best service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceNickDined on 10/20/2014My newly wed wife and I went here during restaurant week and we had a wonderful time. Great food very fresh seafood, superb service. It was kind of loud due to it being restaurant week but $30 for a three course dinner for one was well worth it! The host was also willing to move us from a table to a booth which was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- getting2knowu says the food was a1getting2knowuDined on 10/20/2014Best seafood place downtown crabcake was amazing the company was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swordfish was way overcookedmiddleclassDined on 10/19/2014the swordfish was way overcooked and dry as day old turkey breast , the staff attempted to serve the main course before the clam chowder first course had arrived = sent back then waited another 5 minutes for soup to arrive. Soup was very good. I paid extra for a bowl. Worth the size. Then for desert the restaurant week menu said coffee was included but, oops, I was charged. Too embarrassed to contest the bill at a classy restaurant so I just paid and left!
- Outstanding!TucsonDined on 10/19/2014Delicious food and great service. Went for restaurant week, and Oceanaire had the best menu by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cfoodloverDined on 10/19/2014Crabcakes are my favorite. I ordered swordfish, which has a good texture but not enough seasoning. Also just luke warm, not as goog as if they can be brought out right from the grilll. The Kale for the Alaska Cod is a bit too salty. Deserts are tasty, but will like them if they are warmer.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Great place for seafood. A little too crowded during restaurant week.Special Features:
- OceanairefredDined on 10/19/2014Food was good, and servers were excellent. It was the first day of Restaurant Week, and kitchen had a hard time keeping up with the crowd. It took much too long to get our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014had the restaurant week special dinner for $30 each and was a very nice selection of appetizer,entree and desertSpecial Features:
- RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Went there with friends during restaurant week. Been there before and it was a lovely experience great service, great food and experience. This time Felt very rushed to eat and get out and not the experience we were expecting. Wait staff was standing by table waiting for us to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Went for restaurant week - bad idea on their part. We had not been to Oceanaire in several years and thought we would give it a shot for restaurant week. It was terrible. The clam chowder was gritty and like it came out of a can. The crab cakes were flavorless. The carbonara did not have the egg on it. The only white fish that was offered was cod (which in my opinion should only ever be fried). The desserts were also disappointing. The apple cake was drier than dry. Again, very disappointing!! The server was very unattached to our table and was not interested in helping us or being a part of the experience, which usually is part of higher end dining. Apparently not at Oceanaire. We will NOT be back.
- Food good, very long wait for foodTheresaDined on 10/18/2014The oysters were incredible, entrees were fair and it took forever to get them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Ambiance could be better but very good food. We made our reservations for the wrong night and they accommodated us anyways. Very nice and helpful staff.Special Features:
- Pretty good...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Restaurant was decorated well, ambiance was very nice. Service was better than good, not outstanding. Apps were delicious... highly recommend the crab cakes. I ordered their monthly special two 6 oz. lobster tails. They were served to me cold. Yuck... server never asked how our food was.. side dishes were typical in flavor nothing exceptional. I had been looking forward to seafood and dinner at this restaurant all week and it was slightly disappointing for the prices we paid.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Even though we had a reservation we waited about 30 minutes and then it took forever to get our order placed. We had nowhere else to go, but every once in awhile we seemed forgotten.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Outstanding meal! Amy was a wonderful server and the Manager on Duty went over and above to help us with out Landrys Select card.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Birthday and OceanairemicberryDined on 10/17/2014The food and dining was fantastic, so much to choose from and it was all delicious. My table was often overlooked, and our waiter gave us little attention due to larger party dining near us. I felt often my table was forgotten due to the demands of the larger table. Our waiter was very apologetic, but often we could not find our waiter, and had another waiter help us take care of the bill so we could be on our way. However, still worth the fine cooked food, and dressy occasion.Special Features:
- Top food and serviceTroetseDined on 10/16/2014We were welcomed with a smile by Lisa and Maria. We had shrimps and grits and then the scallops and tuna. Everything outstanding. Definitely one of the finer restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- we've been away too longSmoothVIPDined on 10/16/2014we had not visited Oceanaire since they moved a couple of years ago. That was definitely a mistake. we had an excellent, knowledgeable server in Lisa; very nice surroundings and an excellent food/wine list. We were treated well from beginning to end and will not "stay away so long" again.
- SteveVIPDined on 10/15/2014Best seafood restaurant in the Twin Cities! Wait staff was superior as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group event...DSdinerVIPDined on 10/15/2014Oceanaire has several tables perfect for 6-10 people...well set up for that!
- Took a while to get the billCrampedVIPDined on 10/15/2014Waited quite a while to get the bill. Otherwise service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client Dinner - YUMIsabellaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Took a few customers here for dinner while in town for the conference - the food was great. Oyster selection was great.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodgreatseafoodDined on 10/14/2014If you love Good food and especially excellent Seafood this is the place to go. Great Service and Great Food. I am sure the things beside seafood are good also.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I surprised my husband on his 65th birthday. Our two sons and their wives joined us for dinner at Oceanaire. We had a lovely evening. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. Taking our family to very nice restaurants has been a special treat for all of us over the years. Introducing them to fine dining has been a real pleasure to my husband and me. Thanks for making my husband's birthday a truly great celebrationSpecial Features:
- Always fantasticOutoftownerDined on 10/11/2014My friend and I were in town for our annual shopping and football trip. We simply adore the Oceanaire. We look forward to this treat all year long! Once again we had a fantastic dinner with awesome service from Aaron. He was very knowledgeable and fun. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excrllent as always!!GregDined on 10/11/2014Never anything but an excellent meal here. Service is without equal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightmflanDined on 10/10/2014Food was fantastic, service was incredible. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good ServiceanniversaryVIPDined on 10/8/2014Nice menu, I find new things on the menu but there are also some other items you can get if your server tells you!Special Features: