Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis
50 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: (612) 333-2277
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Wholfiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Minneapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
412 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (297)fit for foodies (191)romantic (155)notable wine list (118)good for groups (103)hot spot (68)vibrant bar scene (54)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (30)late-night find (27)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (9)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Could not have been happier!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The Oceanaire went above and beyond my expectations! My girlfriend (now fiance) and I went after I popped the big question. I had let the staff know beforehand that I was going to purpose and they greeted us with congratulations and champagne! Our server was more than great and the food was even better! I would recommend the Oceanaire to anyone looking for a fantastic night full of spectacular food and fun! 5 out of 5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Touch!TJMUVADined on 11/22/2014Nice touch -- we were celebrating the send off of our good friends to Arizona and Oceanaire printed special menus for the occasion with a best wishes greeting for them at the top of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014My boyfriend and I went on a date to this restaurant and it was absolutely amazing! Our waiter was Ricardo and he was phenomenal, he really made the dinner fun. Next time we are in Minnesota we will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood selectionBmanDined on 11/20/2014Overall much happier with this experience than my other experience at this place. The new location has a lot more room and much better service. Still a wonderful seafood selection. We had the chilled shellfish tower for 2 people. Great appetizer as it has plenty of great quality shellfish. My only issue with this was the King crab on the plate was slightly frozen. Everything else was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Crab cakes!mpls5628VIPDined on 11/16/2014Always the best in food and service. The BEST crab cakes in the city,maybe the WORLD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated and too expensive for avg.quality foodJam69VIPDined on 11/15/2014I've been to Oceanaires all across the country and have had excellent service in all the other locations but this one. This particular restaurant seemed overwhelmed by the number of people attending the restaurant. The host and hostess were not very friendly and I had reservations at 830 and was seated at 9 pm. The waitstaff was friendly but seemed rushed and wanted to get us out of there. My sons dish the Australian Berimundi was very good, I had the Bone in ribeye, which was very average tasting and too salty. I also had the beat salad which was large enough to share and very good. I would definitely seek out one of the many fine local restaurants in this area and avoid this Oceanaire.
- Expected better.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014After being sold hard on the tuna, they ended up running out of it. Then the scallops with sweet potato gnocchi were highly recommended and ended up being very disappointing for one of the highest priced menu items. Service was only OK, especially given it was our anniversary. Would have expected better from them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and badenjoysnicemealsoutDined on 11/15/2014very nice facility, very good waiter but overcharged us on entre'. mussels gritty and should not have been on the menu in any item. Otherwise nice place to spend dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Food and service is exelelent . Don't like to wait 40 minutes for a table when you have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014Service was great - Food was excellent - great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great Service & FoodanniversaryVIPDined on 11/12/2014Always glad to eat here, good food, I would like to see some specials highlighted but what is on the menu is excellent. Costly meal, but good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantastickvervoortDined on 11/8/2014Great date night dinner! Amazing food! Left in a food coma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Had a date night with wife while in town. Had an awesome time, incredible food, and off the chart service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Saturday Night Blues Food was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014We like to go to Oceanaire and have been there many times this visit was the least favorite. We had reservations and they first sat us in the bar area. If you have a reservation on Saturday they will seat you in the bar so specify the dining area on your reservation. It was busy our server was ok she really didn't try to talk to us much. I ordered a few drinks from the bar one with club soda and the soda was flat after 2 attempts...they checked and also said it was flat wasn't going to charge me for the drink but didn't offer to give me another drink but could make me something else! I was disappointed at this visit. The food was great just disappointed with the service especially when we dropped $250 with a reservation of 2.Special Features:
- Oceanaire for lunchjimmyDined on 11/7/2014Very nice lunch. Great food. Great service. Great for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great for special occassions!nancyaajDined on 11/1/2014Great food and service. The ambience was definitely lively and energetic, I would've appreciate it if it werent so loud. Overall, my first time there and def going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was out 30th AnniversaryPayton86Dined on 11/1/2014We have not been to the new location in Mn. We went there for our 30th anniversary and loved the food, the staff and the ambiance. Great job. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid seafood and servicePackerfan1Dined on 11/1/2014If you like great seafood and great service, try Oceanaire. The selection is terrific and the chef offers several appealing preparations. The cream corn, yes, cream corn, is amazing though stay clear of the bitter Brussels sprouts. Our server Jim was helpful and funny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectmojoDined on 11/1/2014We have been to Oceanaire several times over the years. It is our 'go to' spot for special occasions. The food is always fabulous and the service is beyond excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshest Seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014The staff was very attentive and helpful. The fish was indeed the freshest we've had in the Twin Cities and prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itOceanaireDined on 10/30/2014We went here for my fiance's birthday. The wait-staff were amazing, and so professional. The food was to die for. I had the whitefish florentine, and he had the stuffed trout. We also had the calamari and clam chowder for appetizers. Everything was delicious and perfectly cooked. Nothing came out dry or bland. We had a chance to talk with the executive chef and had a rich conversation about how the restaurant purchased their fish. It was so fun, especially because my fiance is studying fisheries with a strong interest in marine life. We will definitely be back. This is one of few restaurants completely worth every dollar you spend. The Oceanaire is the perfect combination of great food, excellent staff, and comfortable seating.Special Features:
- really?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014Food was good, service impeccable, but it was our anniversary, the staff knew it, and they put us next to the kitchen.....really?I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodieDined on 10/27/2014Oceanaire had run out of lobster tail special over the weekend - and apologized for not having the it available. The relish dish had more ice in it than relish. Our food arrived within several minutes of placing the order. Prior to Landrys purchasing the restaurant, we dined on a similar meal. The waiter had gone out of his way to insure my mom enjoyed herself. This dining experience was nothing special. Food ordered, food arrived - they did provide a complementary baked Alaska for moms birthday - the waiter brought the dessert and was very aloof. The waiter seemed to go through the motions with us but nothing more. Having spent over $100 for the two of us, I left the restaurant with no desire to go back again.
- not worth itSteakLoverVIPDined on 10/25/2014food took 1 hour to get(they did buy us dessert), small food, semi good, expensive
- DougDined on 10/25/2014Good food but the noise level was pretty high, and we were seated close to the bar which made for heavy traffic the entire night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014the noise on a Saturday evening was breath taking ,need some refuge from music ,kitchen for those with mild hearing impairment'the rest room was quietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodFoodDined on 10/25/2014Great place for seafood. Excellent service. recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingccrowhurstDined on 10/25/2014This our third time visiting Oceanaire. It remains, in our minds, and the premiere sea food restaurant in the Twin Cities. You pay for it but we have never been disappointed. The Dover Sole and the Barramundi were both sensational. Our waitress Christine was attentive and well informed offering good advice. The birthday dessert they created was a very generous and delicious treat which was well received by the Birthday Girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corkdork44Dined on 10/24/2014Soggy fish, a dish that just didn't work together, thawed out frozen spinach and a boring wine list... And on top of that, a wait staff that just wasn't as cohesive and as professional as you'd think a downtown seafood room would have. The crab cakes were fine and the dessert was OK but chewy (overcooked bread pudding? The peanut butter mousse saved it), but it was all a strange enough experience that we don't feel like we need to go back.. Even if it was the end of restaurant week. Still no excuse for a confusing dining experience.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Great food. Great ambiance. Good service but felt a bit rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Fresh SeafoodTDForeverDined on 10/24/2014A vibrant and energetic crowd and staff. The food was very good, especially the fresh oysters why you waited for your table. We had the oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer later that was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good on Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014The food was good, appetizer was really small, but it was restaurant week so for the price it was fine.Special Features:
- Very loud but good foodRepeatcustomerDined on 10/24/2014The decor was nice and the staff was friendly. The food was very good. Our only complaint was the noise level,we had to yell to hear each other over the other tables and the loud music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISY, NOISY, NOISYtravelerDined on 10/24/2014No conversation possible. Food good but the worst sounds I have ever had there. Didn't remember it being this bad in the past.Special Features:
- DansDined on 10/24/2014Great for dinner. Very noisy for going with a group…can't hear each other. The food is wonderful! Well located downtown. Park in another ramp and walk a block
- what happened?UmK1Dined on 10/24/2014last went there when they were at the old location. The intimacy is gone. Now the focus is small portions and getting as many people thru the door. Last time we will be going.Special Features:
- the4oscarVIPDined on 10/24/2014Hadn't been there in years. Fun to try it again during Restaurant week. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my wife's birthdayrevdrdreDined on 10/23/2014great service from Anna. efficient host who was ready for us when we arrived. and they treated my wife very well, including a special dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We've had this restaurant on our wish list for quite a while, and took advantage of Restaurant Week prices to finally go. When making the reservation via OpenTable I wrote in "special requests" that we would be celebrating our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. When we got to the restaurant, the host made sure to wish us a happy anniversary, and when we were seated we were given customized menus that included "Happy 3rd Anniversary!!!" printed at the top - awesome souvenir! The server was exceedingly polite and gave great recommendations on menu items, even suggesting the restaurant week menu over some of their higher priced offerings we were considering. All in all, I would eat here again and recommend it to all!Special Features:
- BradyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014The new location is certainly much more convenient than their old location in the back of the Hyatt. What they've gained in convenience they've lost in ambiance, however. The new space is a little generic, whereas the old space felt as special as the food and service that Oceanaire consistently provides. Our server (Jim) was phenomenal and the food was as good as it's always been, so I can live with a slight down-tick in atmosphere.Special Features: