Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami
900 South Miami Avenue
Miami, FL 33130Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 3053728862x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kareem Anguin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Outdoor Patio Dining available daily
- Special Events: Special Events For special events inquiries please contact Kelly Griffin, our Sales & Events Coordiantor, at 305.372.8862, or at OAMIEvents@ldry.com.
- Cross Street: SW 10th Street
- Public Transit: Miami Metro Rail/ People Mover- Brickell Station & 10th Street Promenade People Mover.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Mary Brickell Village offers valet parking for $15 per car. Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday 9:00am to 1:00am, Wednesday -Saturday 9:00am to 4:00 am. There is a paid parking lot west of The Oceanaire entrance on 10th Street for $2 per hour up to a maximum of 4 hours. Metered parking surrounds the Mary Brickell complex, as well.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire. See you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (24)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (21)notable wine list (16)hot spot (14)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- One complaintASHdaFOODMONSTERDined on 8/23/2014The main dishes have no sides you have to order them separately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food. Our customer even was made very special. Our waiter Mattias was outstanding.Special Features:
- OceanaireOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2014It was my second time here and it was not worth the money; very expensive but the food was not excellent as the price may suggest. Not interested in visiting again.
- Very Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Very attentive server! Energetic ambiance! Great for special occasions and/or groups.Special Features:
- crab cakesmiamispiceDined on 8/16/2014We went off the miami spice menu and had the crab cakes which we well worth the ml money. I never knew that that was how crab was to taste. It was AMAZING and Hugo our waiter was great. Even waiters that were not in our section constantly cared for us. The service was great and speedy. It is pricey without the miami spice deal but it was sooooo worth it because we got what we paid for! Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceRichardDined on 8/16/2014Some of the people in our group used Miami Spice and ordered Chirasco Steak. The waiter served short ribs and said we are out of Chirasco steak. They weren't advised that the restaurant ran out of the thing they ordered they just unilaterally substituted without asking anyone what they wanted in lieu of their order.Special Features:
- I love the restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I celebrated my birthday there, nice abience, food was delicious!Special Features:
- Probably a bad idea to sit outsideGwaMBVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the food and wine at Oceanaire. They had a miami spice menu, but clearly the choices had lower priced ingredients that were meant to go with the lower cost menu. In some places, the spice menu is a great deal whereas in others such as here, you end up getting what you pay for. We sat outside on the patio as one of us had a dog, and there was perhaps one or two other tables of people also outside. So perhaps 10% or less of the restaurant was sitting outside. Usually not a good indicator for stellar service, and this instance proved to be the case. Our server was pleasant but very harried, with very long waits (20+ min) between interactions. Our dinner took over 2 hours to complete! Skip the outdoor patio in summer for sure.
- Great food. Conversation possible!JoanKDined on 8/14/2014Lovely decor, great food, and a quiet/moderate noise level, enabling our group to enjoy a convivial dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating AnniversaryHoustonVisitorsDined on 8/9/2014Dinner at Oceanaire was excellent!! My wife and I enjoyed everything, the food and ambience was great, when we are in town again, we will definitely dine at Oceanaire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedklynnDined on 8/9/2014Lobster bisque was watery & sweet- terrible. Stuffed shrimp & pasta too salty & crab stuffing in shrimp more bread than crab. My husbands tuna was not great. We will not return
- Friday night dinnerAviddinerDined on 8/8/2014The food was mediocre. As well as the service, the manager was not helpful at all, in fact, he was quite annoyed with us, when we asked him why they were out of mussels and lobster, he said they serve fresh fish, so they can't always have all items on the menu available, he said he would comp the dessert, but we had Miami spice, so that didnt happen. Additionally, when we ordered dessert they were also out of brownies....really?? We asked for cheese cake...out of cheesecake also....someone needs to train management in ensuring they have enough food to feed thier customers.
- SheepherderGoldfingerDined on 8/8/2014The service at Oceanaire was fantastic.they were very attentive,explain everything in detail.answered every question. Food was very fresh.The spinach was outstanding.hands up to the chef on the Jerk Grouper,fried shrimp and crab cake.great selection of Wine .overall outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it butLovedDined on 8/1/2014Our waiter seemed too busy toward the end of our meal. Couldn't find him to pick up the checkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely MealDumbdudeVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was my birthday dinner. There were five of us. I was the fish person-excellent Bronzino; two were stuffed shrimp eaters - also excellent; and, two were steak folks -ribeye and filet. All well prepared as were the shrimp cocktails and salad appetizers. The big surprise was the birthday baked Alaska. Nicely presented and well received. service was friendly and knowledgeable. The wine and cocktails were also good. All around a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appetizers ruleFamilyof5Dined on 7/25/2014We came die to the Alaska weekend they advertised. Unfortunately, we did not like 2 of the 4 dishes. We asked if the chef was willing to make a dish of the scallops. We never had sushi scallops, words cannot describe how delicious this dish is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeraDined on 7/19/2014The Fried Whole Fish is Amazing! I went with my family and all the dishes we ordered were great. I had a shrimp platter with pasta, it was yummy!Special Features:
- Always goodcyberenzDined on 7/18/2014This is the best seafood restaurant in Miami and South Florida by far. The food and ambiance are second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedgrumpyflyDined on 7/14/2014Oceanaire was recommended and it was a disappointment. I had the Mahi and it was very tough and chewy. However, the flavor was very good. I thought it was possibly frozen but was told not and that Mahi was sometimes chewy. Really? I've never had chewy Mahi. The service was extremely slow but we were not in a rush so that wasn't a big deal. The server came back with our coffees after 15 minutes of ordering and was then told the dessert we ordered was all out (this was on the house due to the Mahi so we ordered something else). Perhaps it was an off night.
- Worth trying!betterthancookingDined on 7/13/2014Our party of 8 was seated promptly upon arrival. Our server was attentive, and made some good suggestions. Most of us started with the chopped salad or the wedge. Both were plentiful and delicious. We all had fish entrees. The tuna was made to perfection, as were all the other dishes! The portions were large, leaving us little room for dessert. We all shared one delicious dessert with our coffee. It was a terrific meal. We will definitely be returning in the near future to sample some more of Oceanaire's offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FREEZERGarcia55bdayDined on 7/12/2014Its a nice place to eat sea food. But expect to freeze your behind off!!!!! Air condition was blasting. The oyster Rockefeller was excellent!!! Waiter was not familiar with the menu so he had to continuously ask either the Chef or another waiter. It's located in a very trendy vibrant location but parking is not convenient and we could not find the valet so we had to park down the block in a parking garage walk thru a shopping mall.Special Features:
- ButterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014We asked about the 'butter' taste when served it with our Happy Hour glasses of wine and a complimentary relish dish, as it tasted, well, different. Our waiter said it was butter, however, later while eating dinner, our waitress said it was a spread. She promptly brought us a dish of real butter and all was exceptionally well there after.Special Features:
- Awesome Seafood!firsttimerDined on 7/3/2014First time dining at Oceanaire. Was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. Staff was very professional and attentive. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Anniversary HighlightGreatExpectationsDined on 6/28/2014I enjoyed my 12th Anniversary at The Oceanaire Seafood Room! The food, service and ambience was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SergioLiseridanDined on 6/26/2014... I had much better seafood for way less. Overrated. My Maine 5 scallops (36$) totally tasteless and poorly prepared. Rest of dishes basic in taste and presentation.
- Great locationKevinGVIPDined on 6/13/2014The restaurant was located conveniently. The bar scene was busier than the restaurant.Special Features:
- wonderful eveningfuudieDined on 6/12/2014This was a delightful find. We only wish it was closer to home so we could return routinely! The service, food and atmosphere were all top-knotch. The chef prepared a special vegan dish for my husband which he loved, and the seafood options were some of the best I've seen in South Florida. It was hard to choose but the Black and Blue Swordfish was mouth-watering and perfectly prepared. We will find reason to travel down from Fort Lauderdale to come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MONEY WASTED!KimberleyDined on 6/1/2014I visit upscale restaurants very frequently and I must say that this was by far the worst meal I've had thus far. The waiter was great! The chef was completely off. The seafood was really over cooked (fisherman's platter), and the presentation was Denny's level at best. The prices were about what I expect from an upscale restaurant, however I left feeling robbed of $105. We gave the waiter what he deserved (20%), but if we were tipping the chef, he would have been disappointed for sure. I drove a long way for what I expected to be a treat...not! I had to send the oyster rockerfeller back; it was far too cheesy and the rock salt got inside somehow. The best thing going was the shrimp and grits, but minus the grits! Very disappointed.
- Excellent food but bad serviceGoguifVIPDined on 5/31/2014The service this time was terrible. The soup never came. The server never came to ask about another drink and never came to bring more water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceILMtoMIADined on 5/31/2014Several friends and I dined here & had an amazing time. Food and service were on point, I'd definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceJamaDined on 5/25/2014the person who was providing service upfront was an outstanding profesionalSpecial Features:
- Great food, great experience.JcgirlVIPDined on 5/25/2014They have a notable wine list, their new manager is a sommelier. The sangria prosecco was perfect. Their Jamaican cook made the Swordfish so delicious with tropical flavors as well as the salmon (it's the season so I would definitely recommend ordering this-cooked medium is best). Hugo our waiter was the best. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceSavorTheFlavorDined on 5/25/2014Service was outstanding. Food came out fresh and piping hot. We wanted for nothing. Our wait staff was extra attentive. Couldn't ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner @ The OceanaireSharptonAJ3Dined on 5/13/2014Had another great dinner, the menu is always changing and all the options are fresh and terrific! It was a great dinner out on the walk, great people watching and a great meal, a very fun evening!Special Features:
- Great spot in downtownIteachall04Dined on 5/11/2014Started with a party of 12 for Mother's Day and ended the day with 30!! The staff was accommodating and very polite! Excellent experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceAgonzaDined on 5/10/2014We have been going to oceannaire for many years. This is the first time we encountered terrible service and sub par food. It is a shame that this happened. Hopefully they can rectify
- OVERALL, EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014Great experience, great service and great food. Two thumbs up!!!Special Features:
- The following 740 reviews are from the Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami reviews archive.
- AmazinghotspotDined on 5/1/2014I will go a million times amazing food amazing service loved everything about it try the filet mignon with shrimp super good make sure to have your birthday there everything they do is very uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service!GourmetSeekerVIPDined on 4/26/2014Everything was delicious and fresh. Large selection of all the seafood. Pricey but worth it. Nice location as well to walk around and enjoy the street fair with shops and many restaurants around. Will be back.Special Features:
- not a good experiencewineguyVIPDined on 4/25/2014we have eaten here since the day it opened. we brought someone from out of town because we knew the fish was always tops. our server had a problem communicating and was not very good. most of the food was prepare well but many of the dishes were inundated with salt. I had the scallops with wilted spinach. the spinach and sauce were so salty. Landry runs good restaurants and this one needs to improve .... I was disappointed.