Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami
900 South Miami Avenue
Miami, FL 33130Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 3053728862x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kareem Anguin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Outdoor Patio Dining available daily
- Special Events: Special Events For special events inquiries please contact Kelly Griffin, our Sales & Events Coordiantor, at 305.372.8862, or at OAMIEvents@ldry.com.
- Cross Street: SW 10th Street
- Public Transit: Miami Metro Rail/ People Mover- Brickell Station & 10th Street Promenade People Mover.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Mary Brickell Village offers valet parking for $15 per car. Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday 9:00am to 1:00am, Wednesday -Saturday 9:00am to 4:00 am. There is a paid parking lot west of The Oceanaire entrance on 10th Street for $2 per hour up to a maximum of 4 hours. Metered parking surrounds the Mary Brickell complex, as well.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire. See you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (25)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (22)hot spot (15)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Oceanaire MiamiLoveagreatmealDined on 10/17/2014The food was excellent! They have a Peruvian Chef that can really knock it out of the park, with composition, taste and presentation. Try the Cerviche!Special Features:
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014Our waiter did not know the difference between the fish on our menu -- "Um, they are all white fish, so they are pretty much the same." He had no knowledge of any of the red wines on our list -- "Um, I don't drink Merlot, so I don't know." The food was *extremely* salty -- the salad, the scallops, everything.
- Bad experienceKamrynJ03Dined on 10/10/2014I chose this place to have dinner for my birthday with a few friends. Our waiter took our orders, left and then 30 minutes later came back to tell us they were out of all the ingredients to prepare 3 of our meals. We ordered something else. About 20 minutes later he comes back to tell us they're out of Salmon, which was what the fourth member of our party ordered. Beautiful restaurant, but I was hoping for a better experience.Special Features:
- Delicious fresh seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Very friendly & accomodating service. Delicious drinks & seafood cooked perfectly. Hubby had filet mignon & I had Panamanian Mahi Mahi Louie style. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff trainingbuckVIPDined on 9/27/2014An excellent, beautiful restaurant. Food was excellent, fresh and tasty. Service was slow and inattentive. I even could not find the waiter to correct an error on the bill and had to chase down the restaurant manager, who did willingly correct it. Otherwise, a pleasant and enjoyable evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- zuridynasty2013Dined on 9/20/2014had a great time! we really enjoyed the service! Food was delicious! will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed for SpiceWannabeFoodieDined on 9/20/2014Had great food and great service . Went for Miami Spice and got a nice sampling of what is here. Long list of wines as well. After dinner enjoy the local hot spots. Next time will try the oyster bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oceanaireluv2dineVIPDined on 9/13/2014excellent.great menu.great Miami Spice menu. wonderful service.food excellent. lovely evening.Special Features:
- Ok food. Ok serviceMiamifoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014I was disappointed. Service was not great. The waiter made us feel rushed -- or completely ignored us at times. We even had to ask for bread! The food was ok -- just ok. My clam chowder was very watery. Overall, a let down.
- OceanaireLuv2dineoutDined on 9/3/2014Good restaurant atmosphere and great service. The food was surprisily not that great. For those prices I was expecting something way better.Special Features:
- Miami spicefluffynfine1Dined on 9/3/2014menu was excellent!!!! I truly enjoyed my meal. Its doesn't hurt that the chef is attractive!Special Features:
- What happenedSs1955VIPDined on 9/1/2014Food quality and quantity has gone down. Service too
- amazing dinnergreatseafoodDined on 8/30/2014everything was amazing. ambiance, food, drinks, service, and value. would return again and again.Special Features:
- touristDined on 8/29/2014The food was not properly prepared, cooked or served. We each had to send our dish back twice.
- One complaintASHdaFOODMONSTERDined on 8/23/2014The main dishes have no sides you have to order them separately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food. Our customer even was made very special. Our waiter Mattias was outstanding.Special Features:
- OceanaireOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2014It was my second time here and it was not worth the money; very expensive but the food was not excellent as the price may suggest. Not interested in visiting again.
- Very Good ServiceAstridDined on 8/16/2014Very attentive server! Energetic ambiance! Great for special occasions and/or groups.Special Features:
- crab cakesmiamispiceDined on 8/16/2014We went off the miami spice menu and had the crab cakes which we well worth the ml money. I never knew that that was how crab was to taste. It was AMAZING and Hugo our waiter was great. Even waiters that were not in our section constantly cared for us. The service was great and speedy. It is pricey without the miami spice deal but it was sooooo worth it because we got what we paid for! Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceRichardDined on 8/16/2014Some of the people in our group used Miami Spice and ordered Chirasco Steak. The waiter served short ribs and said we are out of Chirasco steak. They weren't advised that the restaurant ran out of the thing they ordered they just unilaterally substituted without asking anyone what they wanted in lieu of their order.Special Features:
- I love the restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I celebrated my birthday there, nice abience, food was delicious!Special Features:
- Probably a bad idea to sit outsideGwaMBVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the food and wine at Oceanaire. They had a miami spice menu, but clearly the choices had lower priced ingredients that were meant to go with the lower cost menu. In some places, the spice menu is a great deal whereas in others such as here, you end up getting what you pay for. We sat outside on the patio as one of us had a dog, and there was perhaps one or two other tables of people also outside. So perhaps 10% or less of the restaurant was sitting outside. Usually not a good indicator for stellar service, and this instance proved to be the case. Our server was pleasant but very harried, with very long waits (20+ min) between interactions. Our dinner took over 2 hours to complete! Skip the outdoor patio in summer for sure.
- Great food. Conversation possible!JoanKDined on 8/14/2014Lovely decor, great food, and a quiet/moderate noise level, enabling our group to enjoy a convivial dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating AnniversaryHoustonVisitorsDined on 8/9/2014Dinner at Oceanaire was excellent!! My wife and I enjoyed everything, the food and ambience was great, when we are in town again, we will definitely dine at Oceanaire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedklynnDined on 8/9/2014Lobster bisque was watery & sweet- terrible. Stuffed shrimp & pasta too salty & crab stuffing in shrimp more bread than crab. My husbands tuna was not great. We will not return
- Friday night dinnerAviddinerDined on 8/8/2014The food was mediocre. As well as the service, the manager was not helpful at all, in fact, he was quite annoyed with us, when we asked him why they were out of mussels and lobster, he said they serve fresh fish, so they can't always have all items on the menu available, he said he would comp the dessert, but we had Miami spice, so that didnt happen. Additionally, when we ordered dessert they were also out of brownies....really?? We asked for cheese cake...out of cheesecake also....someone needs to train management in ensuring they have enough food to feed thier customers.
- SheepherderGoldfingerDined on 8/8/2014The service at Oceanaire was fantastic.they were very attentive,explain everything in detail.answered every question. Food was very fresh.The spinach was outstanding.hands up to the chef on the Jerk Grouper,fried shrimp and crab cake.great selection of Wine .overall outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it butLovedDined on 8/1/2014Our waiter seemed too busy toward the end of our meal. Couldn't find him to pick up the checkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely MealDumbdudeVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was my birthday dinner. There were five of us. I was the fish person-excellent Bronzino; two were stuffed shrimp eaters - also excellent; and, two were steak folks -ribeye and filet. All well prepared as were the shrimp cocktails and salad appetizers. The big surprise was the birthday baked Alaska. Nicely presented and well received. service was friendly and knowledgeable. The wine and cocktails were also good. All around a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appetizers ruleFamilyof5Dined on 7/25/2014We came die to the Alaska weekend they advertised. Unfortunately, we did not like 2 of the 4 dishes. We asked if the chef was willing to make a dish of the scallops. We never had sushi scallops, words cannot describe how delicious this dish is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeraDined on 7/19/2014The Fried Whole Fish is Amazing! I went with my family and all the dishes we ordered were great. I had a shrimp platter with pasta, it was yummy!Special Features:
- Always goodcyberenzDined on 7/18/2014This is the best seafood restaurant in Miami and South Florida by far. The food and ambiance are second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedgrumpyflyVIPDined on 7/14/2014Oceanaire was recommended and it was a disappointment. I had the Mahi and it was very tough and chewy. However, the flavor was very good. I thought it was possibly frozen but was told not and that Mahi was sometimes chewy. Really? I've never had chewy Mahi. The service was extremely slow but we were not in a rush so that wasn't a big deal. The server came back with our coffees after 15 minutes of ordering and was then told the dessert we ordered was all out (this was on the house due to the Mahi so we ordered something else). Perhaps it was an off night.
- Worth trying!betterthancookingDined on 7/13/2014Our party of 8 was seated promptly upon arrival. Our server was attentive, and made some good suggestions. Most of us started with the chopped salad or the wedge. Both were plentiful and delicious. We all had fish entrees. The tuna was made to perfection, as were all the other dishes! The portions were large, leaving us little room for dessert. We all shared one delicious dessert with our coffee. It was a terrific meal. We will definitely be returning in the near future to sample some more of Oceanaire's offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FREEZERGarcia55bdayDined on 7/12/2014Its a nice place to eat sea food. But expect to freeze your behind off!!!!! Air condition was blasting. The oyster Rockefeller was excellent!!! Waiter was not familiar with the menu so he had to continuously ask either the Chef or another waiter. It's located in a very trendy vibrant location but parking is not convenient and we could not find the valet so we had to park down the block in a parking garage walk thru a shopping mall.Special Features:
- ButterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014We asked about the 'butter' taste when served it with our Happy Hour glasses of wine and a complimentary relish dish, as it tasted, well, different. Our waiter said it was butter, however, later while eating dinner, our waitress said it was a spread. She promptly brought us a dish of real butter and all was exceptionally well there after.Special Features:
- Awesome Seafood!firsttimerDined on 7/3/2014First time dining at Oceanaire. Was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. Staff was very professional and attentive. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Anniversary HighlightGreatExpectationsDined on 6/28/2014I enjoyed my 12th Anniversary at The Oceanaire Seafood Room! The food, service and ambience was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SergioLiseridanDined on 6/26/2014... I had much better seafood for way less. Overrated. My Maine 5 scallops (36$) totally tasteless and poorly prepared. Rest of dishes basic in taste and presentation.
- The following 752 reviews are from the Oceanaire Seafood Room - Miami reviews archive.
- Great locationKevinGVIPDined on 6/13/2014The restaurant was located conveniently. The bar scene was busier than the restaurant.Special Features: