Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
30 South Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 3179552277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-5pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Marlar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (175)romantic (111)notable wine list (94)fit for foodies (89)good for groups (59)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (14)late-night find (8)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- As good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014I entertain guest at the Oceanaire at least twice a year when I'm in town. It's the perfect place to go for exceptional seafood (and good steaks) along with an extensive wine list. The fish is fresh and they offer a wide variety. They can accommodate large groups or you can find a cozy table for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014we had a party of 3 and had to wait approximately 5 min. or more for the 3rd meal to come out.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceWineAndCheeserDined on 10/18/2014This was an excellent experience for me and my family. It was my Dad's 68th Birthday, and they really made us feel welcome. The were attentive to every detail of the dinner. He got a Free Dessert for his birthday a Baked Alaska, and it was excellent. The food was outstanding. I especially liked the soba noodles with my Golden Snapper dinner.Special Features:
- Food issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The shrimp cocktail had very little flavor, the ice rug wedge was soaked with water and the dinner portions are extremely small for the price. Four small scallops for 40 bucks and the bread was hard. The service was excellent and was very knowledgeable about the menu. The atmosphere was very nice and romantic. My dinner tasted excellent but I felt it too was way overpriced. We had shrill cocktail, 2 entrees, 2 house salads, 2 ice teas, 1 order of green beans and the cost came to 220 with tip at 15%. Not enough bang for the buck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongMurphna1Dined on 10/10/2014I can't help but order the Hawaiian ahi tuna every time I go to the Oceanairre. It's amazing. The seaweed wasabi salad that comes with it, makes the dish. My boyfriend ordered the black and blue swordfish with caramelized onions. Though it would be hard to top the tuna, but it was equally as tasty. We had oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer and they had so much flavor. You just can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding seafoodEDNurseDined on 10/10/2014This was my first time in Indianapolis. The open table recommendation for Oceanaire was spot on. The food was amazing. Everytime someone (we had a group of 7) tried something different the comment was "the best I've ever tasted". The calamari was the best, the crab cake was the best, the lump crab cocktail was the best and on and on!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyPhoodiegirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was unimpressive and very over priced for the quality. Major disappointment. The food was not on par with the service and the setting, which were lovely. It was a HUGE disappointment. There are so many excellent restaurants in Indy, save some money, do yourself a favor and skip this one. You won't be missing anything.Special Features:
- A great experienceLynneDined on 10/9/2014The food was fantastic, the hostess and wait staff exceptional. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherelrbrexDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I spent a weekend enjoying downtown Indy....the Oceanaire provided a romantic end to our trip. The wait staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyLuv2eat13Dined on 10/4/2014The ambiance was great but when it takes 20 minutes just to get a drink then something is wrong. I should have left right then. The food was undercooked and expensive. The service was horrendous. I won't be back. Ever.Special Features:
- First time2ndtimeDined on 10/4/2014It was a lucky find. I was in town for a football game and found a reservation that fit. The food was excellent. The service could not have been better. Look forward to staying in Indy again and visiting the restaurant!Special Features:
- Food was great, but overpricedchrisDined on 9/27/2014Ordered seafood sampler , tasted great but overpriced at 36$. Lettuce wedge, great taste , large enough to share. Chefs entrees of salmon and scallops- again, great tasting, but overpriced at 37& 39$. Dessert chocolate cake, dry and not very good. Would not recommend only due to overpriced.Special Features:
- AndyAndyDined on 9/27/2014Best seafood place we go to hands down. Had the Hawaiian opah with blue cheese butter and scallops with the dynamite option. Unreal. if you like seafood go hereSpecial Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014I recently ate here with my parents for dinner and everything was Amazing! From the drinks to appetizers and main dishes it was an overall great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration Dinnerout4dinnerDined on 9/24/2014The food was fresh, prepared as described and delicious. We had Cobia and Grouper, both with the crab Louie topping, shared oysters and a Greek salad. Our waiter, Jeff and all his support staff were right on the mark. Plates and courses cleared promptly and the wine selection was perfect. With a convention in town, it got crowded after 7pm, but it was an enjoyable noise level. Thanks for the birthday dessert. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Celebrating Girlfriend's B-dayMy1WordDined on 9/23/2014The food and service were excellent. It was our 1st time at this restaurant. We really had a great time! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent!GregR27Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food and service. Brian, our waiter and bartender, was hands down the best server my fiancee and I have ever had. Outstanding knowledge of wines and the menu. Gracious and expedient. The food.. it was beyond expectations and beyond words. I have traveled the country for work and grew up on the Atlantic in Long Island and fully appreciated the excellent food quality and preparation. My fiancee and I extend our deepest gratitude for a most wonderful experience and can't wait to come there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceLongbowDined on 9/20/2014The food was awsome as was the service. I woulds Highly recomend to anyone. It was a little pricey but that's is somewhat expected in such a nice place.Special Features:
- Great restaurantAj4433Dined on 9/19/2014Outstanding restaurant the seafood was the best I've had in years. Jenny our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday bonusFannerDined on 9/16/2014My Dad, my aunt, my date, and myself enjoyed a special birthday dinner at the Oceanaire September 16 2014. My father is a huge critic of mediocre crab cakes because he grew up in Washington D.C. learning to appreciate the best. He loves the Oceanaire crab cakes and likens them to best he's ever had. I had the Panamanian Cobia. Terrific! My only complaint was the noise level. We were in a rectangular booth which seemed to draw noise from other diners rather than give us more privacy. Still, I'd go back to the Oceanaire in a heartbeat to watch my 92 year old Dad revel in the crabcakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShamrockDomer1968VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent , service very attentive from water to removing empty plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointed!!!DebbiSDined on 9/12/2014Worst shrimp cocktail that I've ever had!...and, I consider myself a connoisseur of shrimp cocktails. The shrimp was very tough...difficult to chew. The cocktail sauce had a terrible taste to it. I couldn't believe that this shrimp cocktail was served in what was supposed to be a top notch seafood restaurant! I would have complained to the waiter if he had made any attempt to check to see how our appetizers and salads were. I could not force myself to eat the shrimp. Also, our entrees were mediocre at best. Our service was absolutely terrible. After our waiter took our order, we barely saw him again. Other tables had bread baskets, ours did not. We will not return.
- SeedboyDined on 9/11/2014The fish is always the best here! Service level is great!Special Features:
- Best birthdaykarenDined on 9/11/2014it was my husbands birthday and I told them up front we were celebrating his birthday and he had a special menu, they made us an oyster appetizer that was delicious ( and I don't care for seafood) and dessert.. They took really good care of us even though it was only two of us. I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- In Town for a ConferenceRobLaurenDined on 9/9/2014My girlfriend and I were in Indy for a conference and chose Oceanaire sort of randomly. It was a tremendous experience. The waiter was very helpful with suggestions and explanation. The food was even better as he promised. We enjoyed our experience immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodieDined on 9/9/2014The food was wonderful, however our waiter didn't seem to think we could read the menu and really talked about it too much. Other than that it was truly a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningEightBallDined on 9/6/2014It was mine and my husband's 17th anniversary. The server was fabulous, food was great. Overall just a perfect evening! They gave us an unexpected free desert - Baked Alaska, which was great. I had the Panamanian Cobia, and hubby had the Rockfish. Crabcake appetizer was perfect.Special Features:
- Love this place!!HoosierMDDined on 9/5/2014We go to Indy a few times a year and The OCeanire Seafood Room is always on our list. The service is always impeccable, the food always fabulous, and always something new!! We love it!!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceAlanDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Oceanaire. The food and service was fabulous. They made us feel very special providing us with a souvenir menu and card signed by the staff. The crab cakes are delusional. Loved the Baked Alaska too. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuthrieDined on 9/4/2014The only problem I had was where we were seated. Our table was by the kitchen area. Our reservation was for seven o' clock. I am not saying we had to be upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- efficientOpeneaterDined on 9/3/2014had a spontaneous group that wanted a nice meal after day long meeting and this restaurant was ideal.Previous reviews suggested pricey though I felt for the quality and atmosphere it was right on.The waiter was thorough and honest and his helpers kept water glasses full and removed plates after courses.the waiter was not pushy and actually was responsive to our needs.The meal was not too heavy and was satisfying.Sides and salads could be shared family style.Menu was busy though could actually eat simple and be pleasedSpecial Features:
- made to feel specialedlarybethDined on 9/3/2014We came to the Oceanaire to celebrate our anniversary. It was a wonderful experience. My husband loves fish, I am not as much of a fan, but I feel its because I have had "bad" fish, and not enough kinds to truly give it a chance. I discussed it with our server who suffers the same kinds of concerns and based on her knowledge and the excellent chefs at the seafood room... WOW!!!!!! I had the corvina and my husband had the marlin, both tasted incredible. I had a sidecar that was to die for, and they gave us a baked alaska thats table side presentation is breathtaking! I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour IndyMunsonDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed Oceanaire on a Sunday night and the last night of Devour Indy. It helped cost wise to have the set menus at $35 a person. Service was great and the food was great (Shrimp Cerviche appetizer was great, Clam chowder was better than the raw oysters - but the raw oysters were oysters...... Salmon better than Sole - but both great....... Sticky pudding and mouse both satisfying for dessert). The restaurant does smell a little "fishy" which for a high-end seafood place was surprising.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!IUPUI2momDined on 8/31/2014Our dinner at Oceanaire in Indianapolis was amazing. Our server, Bryce was very attentive and explained the menu items and specials. The food was delicious. We enjoyed our dinner. Parking was very convenient in the parking garage just across the street.Special Features:
- Poor serviceSlownightDined on 8/30/2014Food was good but not outstanding. Service was extremely slow.Special Features:
- CulverDined on 8/30/2014Great experience!!!! It was a very relaxed, intimate dining occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspiring serviceAttorney33Dined on 8/30/2014Was anniversary weekend for wife and I. We figured good time to check out Oceanaire for the first time. "Devour downtown" was going on so we both chose to order from that menu. Waiter (guy with short blondish hair and glasses) seemed very inattentive after we ordered from Devour menu. Waiter did not bring bread to table and seemed like bread was brought to surrounding tables. Waiter's demeanor was somewhat patronizing and almost pompous. Just did not seem very welcoming at all. Table was also in a walkway and seemed somewhat cramped. Chowder was good, rest of food somewhat uninspiring.
- ExcellentnightoutDined on 8/30/2014It was our first time dining at the Oceanaire and we were not disappointed. Our waiter was very attentive and informative.Our food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014This meal was fine. It tasted good. The portions were small, which is actually nice at a restaurant, but it wasn't great. For the price, I expected something more interesting and unusual, or at least very yummy.Special Features:
- Very goodCoachDined on 8/29/2014Scallops were over cooked, but everything else was delicious as usual!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.