Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
30 South Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 3179552277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-5pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Marlar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
249 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (183)romantic (107)notable wine list (102)fit for foodies (87)good for groups (70)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (14)late-night find (10)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ShamrockDomer1968VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent , service very attentive from water to removing empty plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointed!!!DebbiSDined on 9/12/2014Worst shrimp cocktail that I've ever had!...and, I consider myself a connoisseur of shrimp cocktails. The shrimp was very tough...difficult to chew. The cocktail sauce had a terrible taste to it. I couldn't believe that this shrimp cocktail was served in what was supposed to be a top notch seafood restaurant! I would have complained to the waiter if he had made any attempt to check to see how our appetizers and salads were. I could not force myself to eat the shrimp. Also, our entrees were mediocre at best. Our service was absolutely terrible. After our waiter took our order, we barely saw him again. Other tables had bread baskets, ours did not. We will not return.
- SeedboyDined on 9/11/2014The fish is always the best here! Service level is great!Special Features:
- Best birthdaykarenDined on 9/11/2014it was my husbands birthday and I told them up front we were celebrating his birthday and he had a special menu, they made us an oyster appetizer that was delicious ( and I don't care for seafood) and dessert.. They took really good care of us even though it was only two of us. I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- In Town for a ConferenceRobLaurenDined on 9/9/2014My girlfriend and I were in Indy for a conference and chose Oceanaire sort of randomly. It was a tremendous experience. The waiter was very helpful with suggestions and explanation. The food was even better as he promised. We enjoyed our experience immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodieDined on 9/9/2014The food was wonderful, however our waiter didn't seem to think we could read the menu and really talked about it too much. Other than that it was truly a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningEightBallDined on 9/6/2014It was mine and my husband's 17th anniversary. The server was fabulous, food was great. Overall just a perfect evening! They gave us an unexpected free desert - Baked Alaska, which was great. I had the Panamanian Cobia, and hubby had the Rockfish. Crabcake appetizer was perfect.Special Features:
- Love this place!!HoosierMDDined on 9/5/2014We go to Indy a few times a year and The OCeanire Seafood Room is always on our list. The service is always impeccable, the food always fabulous, and always something new!! We love it!!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceAlanDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Oceanaire. The food and service was fabulous. They made us feel very special providing us with a souvenir menu and card signed by the staff. The crab cakes are delusional. Loved the Baked Alaska too. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuthrieDined on 9/4/2014The only problem I had was where we were seated. Our table was by the kitchen area. Our reservation was for seven o' clock. I am not saying we had to be upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- efficientOpeneaterDined on 9/3/2014had a spontaneous group that wanted a nice meal after day long meeting and this restaurant was ideal.Previous reviews suggested pricey though I felt for the quality and atmosphere it was right on.The waiter was thorough and honest and his helpers kept water glasses full and removed plates after courses.the waiter was not pushy and actually was responsive to our needs.The meal was not too heavy and was satisfying.Sides and salads could be shared family style.Menu was busy though could actually eat simple and be pleasedSpecial Features:
- made to feel specialedlarybethDined on 9/3/2014We came to the Oceanaire to celebrate our anniversary. It was a wonderful experience. My husband loves fish, I am not as much of a fan, but I feel its because I have had "bad" fish, and not enough kinds to truly give it a chance. I discussed it with our server who suffers the same kinds of concerns and based on her knowledge and the excellent chefs at the seafood room... WOW!!!!!! I had the corvina and my husband had the marlin, both tasted incredible. I had a sidecar that was to die for, and they gave us a baked alaska thats table side presentation is breathtaking! I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour IndyMunsonDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed Oceanaire on a Sunday night and the last night of Devour Indy. It helped cost wise to have the set menus at $35 a person. Service was great and the food was great (Shrimp Cerviche appetizer was great, Clam chowder was better than the raw oysters - but the raw oysters were oysters...... Salmon better than Sole - but both great....... Sticky pudding and mouse both satisfying for dessert). The restaurant does smell a little "fishy" which for a high-end seafood place was surprising.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!IUPUI2momDined on 8/31/2014Our dinner at Oceanaire in Indianapolis was amazing. Our server, Bryce was very attentive and explained the menu items and specials. The food was delicious. We enjoyed our dinner. Parking was very convenient in the parking garage just across the street.Special Features:
- Poor serviceSlownightDined on 8/30/2014Food was good but not outstanding. Service was extremely slow.Special Features:
- CulverDined on 8/30/2014Great experience!!!! It was a very relaxed, intimate dining occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspiring serviceAttorney33Dined on 8/30/2014Was anniversary weekend for wife and I. We figured good time to check out Oceanaire for the first time. "Devour downtown" was going on so we both chose to order from that menu. Waiter (guy with short blondish hair and glasses) seemed very inattentive after we ordered from Devour menu. Waiter did not bring bread to table and seemed like bread was brought to surrounding tables. Waiter's demeanor was somewhat patronizing and almost pompous. Just did not seem very welcoming at all. Table was also in a walkway and seemed somewhat cramped. Chowder was good, rest of food somewhat uninspiring.
- ExcellentnightoutDined on 8/30/2014It was our first time dining at the Oceanaire and we were not disappointed. Our waiter was very attentive and informative.Our food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014This meal was fine. It tasted good. The portions were small, which is actually nice at a restaurant, but it wasn't great. For the price, I expected something more interesting and unusual, or at least very yummy.Special Features:
- Very goodCoachDined on 8/29/2014Scallops were over cooked, but everything else was delicious as usual!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceluv2dineVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was great as usual; service was attentive and friendly; great time with friends and wine.Special Features:
- Gift from the BossPerrysPicksDined on 8/29/2014This was a treat from my husbands boss for working so hard and long during the past couple of weeks. Therefore, we decided to splurge. Our waiter was very polite and served us well. The Alaskan crab was absolutely succulent, however, the lobster was very tough and quite a disappointment especially considering the price. I enjoy the atmosphere and the being treated special for a night. I will go again but lobster will not be part of my dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I feel they are a bit overpriced so overall value would be 3 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicewolfowl2013Dined on 8/25/2014The food was absolutely perfect, and the service was great. We had to ask for nothing, and was taken care of professionally. Celebrated a birthday, and was even given a cool treat.Special Features:
- AngelaDined on 8/24/2014Fabulous dinner. Probably one of the best dinners I have had. Huge fish lover.Special Features:
- Devour DowntownPickyDined on 8/24/2014We went to Oceanaire for Devour as it my daughters favorite restaurant. The food was good and the selections for devour pleased us all.Special Features:
- Food was so so.PushstartDined on 8/24/2014Service was great. Shrimp cocktails...excellent. The other just so so. My wife had the lobster which was not good. I contacted the server who contacted the manager. The lady sent out another and it was better but not to the standards you expect at a high end restaurant. I have gotten much better meals for much less than the $225.00 we spent. I will give the management credit for her attempt to resolve the problem but by the time my wife ate her dinner, her birthday atmosphere was ruined.Special Features:
- IndymomIndymomDined on 8/23/2014Very nice atmosphere with great service and perfectly prepared food.Special Features:
- A Date Night Wonder!ProfessorJTDined on 8/23/2014I experienced The Oceanaire for the first time Sat August 23rd, 2014 & the restaurant truly did not disappoint at all. The atmosphere was amazing! The staff was friendly. Even got a complimentary starter from the Executive Chef for it being our first visit. A truly wonderful restaurant was The Oceanaire & I can not wait to visit once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal I Have Had in a Long TimedevourdinerDined on 8/23/2014My friends and I always make it a point to head downtown during the devour event. We never use the menu, but its always a great excuse to get out and indulge. We had never been to Oceanaire before and we are so glad we went. We started with the cold appetizer tower, a half dozen oysters, the calamari, and a crab cake. Every one well prepared and the presentation was spot on. For the meals we all ordered a filet and then I personally had the Chef's rockfish. Even though it is a seafood restaurant, the filet was the best steak I have ever had in downtown Indy and the rockfish was likewise the best seafood. Our server was remarkable and attentive. Didn't plan on reviewing, so I didn't get her name. Will undoubtedly be back.Special Features:
- Great food and staffTwillDined on 8/23/2014Very attentive waiter but food was pricey. Enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience29andcountingDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful experience. While we did not tell the restaurant we were celebrating, it felt as if they knew. They were extra attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eat1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food and service as usual. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- nerowolfeDined on 8/23/2014Our party thought the food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice choiceWildbillinDined on 8/23/2014I had read through reviews of Oceanaire and was a little concerned about the food quality and service. Our experience was very positive, especially with the service. The only reason this wouldn't be on our list of restaurants for regular visits is because of the cost. Otherwise, I would recommend Oceanaire without hesitation for a top notch seafood experience..Special Features:
- boilerfansDined on 8/23/2014Our recent visit was our first to this restaurant. We very much enjoyed our evening with wonderful food and outstanding service provided. A visit from Chef Michael added to the experience. We will most definitely dine here again!Special Features:
- Excellent!!PointeLegendDined on 8/22/2014Oceanaire never disappoints! Best seafood in the Indy area, not to mention the staff is very helpful with all inquiries about the menu items. Absolute must for dining if you are in Indianapolis.Special Features:
- DevourDDT2014Dined on 8/22/2014We went to Oceanaire for Devour Downtown, the food was great but we felt a little rushed and they did not extend the typical pleasantries to us such as bread.Special Features:
- Look elsewhere for a special dinnerloveagoodmealDined on 8/22/2014After seating us in a back smaller room with a path to the kitchen and in a room that could have doubled for a second walk in freezer, the waiter introduced himself to us. The first disappointment was served drinks that had no evidence of alcohol. A martini served up, should not be that diluted by ice. Salad was very good and fish was adequate. The waiter spent more time trying to get us and adjoining tables signed up with their membership program than seeing what our interests were. We left without desserts or second drinks. I doubt we will return.Special Features:
- Matt.DMattDined on 8/22/2014The visit was outstanding as usual. Food was great, and service was even better. Can't wait to dine again.Special Features: