Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
30 South Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: (317) 955-2277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-5pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Marlar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (186)romantic (119)fit for foodies (103)notable wine list (97)good for groups (63)hot spot (29)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (13)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent restaurant!MicahDined on 11/21/2014Everything about this restaurant was fantastic. The food, the service, and the atmosphere. I guess the price was a little high, but tonight was a special night so not worried about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedMxsailorDined on 11/21/2014I ate at McCormick's and Schmidt's two days earlier and enjoyed it more. Had the same drink at both places and the Perfect Rob Roy seemed wanted down at Oceanaire. The scallops were good but not a good combination with the heavy gnocchi. The gratis Anniversary Baked Alaska was poor - meringue burned - ice cream poor flavor - chocolate cake poor.
- WonderfulBluegrassDined on 11/18/2014The raw bar appetizer is fabulous! Shrimp, lobster, oyster, crab leg. We were a party of 4, ordered 1 with 6 extra oysters and it was plenty for an appetizer. I had the crab cakes and they were a 10-1 ratio of crab cake to filler which is great! The mahi mahi was exceptional. My only not so good thing was the brocollini with olives and feta as a side dish. I was trying something new and these flavors did not work at all. Service was great too. Seems service only gets mentioned when it is terrible so hats off to the wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood, chowder, oystersLindaLemonsDined on 11/15/2014Had a great time. Good food. Had the seafood salad, chowder, mussels, oysters, and fin soup. All were excellent. Servers Andre and Brice were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.AshleighDined on 11/15/2014Disappointing. We were stuck at a back corner table. The service was good, but very rehearsed and not at all personal. I had scallops. They were good, but for $38, they should have been amazing. I've had better for $20. And $38 scallops came with zero sides. My husband ordered the mahi mahi, he said he was ehh. The food wasn't at all BAD, but it was just soooooooo overpriced.
- AnitaAnitaDined on 11/15/2014Love Oceanaire! Not our first visit ... & we will return. Great atmosphere, impeccable service, & delicious food! Well worth the price & drive! Jeff was the perfect waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014We had one of the best meals we've ever had. The Red fish and crab cakes are the best ever. We started with a shrimp cocktail that was amazing...and the cocktail sauce had a kick, but didn't hurt. Ask for Bill who was an excellent server/host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodSeedboyDined on 11/11/2014This place has the best seafood around. The Creme was also delightful.Special Features:
- Just OKlovefood1Dined on 11/10/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and had a table of 6. The food was o.k., but nothing special. My fish was seasoned with only salt and pepper. Salad was good, but again nothing special. Wine was tasty, but at $69 a bottle, it should be. For approximately $90 per person, I expected more.Special Features:
- Unfortunately not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014When all was said and done, and my wife and I got the bill, in no way was the experience worth that much money. My wife's entree was nearly $40 but was no bigger portion than a slice of bread, and the taste of our food wasn't anything to write home about for that price, although the food was alright.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodDocDigDined on 11/8/2014The prices are a little high but the food was great. Well worth the money spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014awesome waiter, Bill, made us feel at home. Mahi mahi was amazing. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014We were at the Oceanaire to celebrate my birthday and our 33rd anniversary. Our server, Amanda was very accommodating and her service was impeccable. She made the dining experience very remarkable. I certainly enjoyed the Baked Alaska presentation at the culmination of a great meal. You can never go wrong eating here!!Special Features:
- Awesome SeafoodSKesqVIPDined on 11/7/2014Food was fantastic; however service is not up to par with the ambiance and food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014server was adequate but that was about all personality and presentation was not very good
- GerryCVIPDined on 11/6/2014On balance, the Ocean Aire Indianapolis met our expectations. We had a short wait for our table, so had a chance to enjoy a cocktail in the expansive bar area. Food was great -- excellent varienty prepared just right. Only problem was our waiter who failed to suggest a wine with dinner and also failed to offer coffee with dessert. This guy missed out on close to $100 of additional (and tippable) billing. We'll go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndyFoodieDined on 11/4/2014Food was awesome! Best caprese salad EVER!! All seafood . . . always on point at Oceanaire!! Our server, Rick, was outstanding. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and knew exactly when to approach the table and when to leave us alone. He had fun with our group without trying to become a part of it. Very skilled server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Good food. Outstanding service. Very good atmosphere. I've experienced the same elsewhere for about 2/3 the price.Special Features:
- Best calamari!SteffiDined on 10/31/2014I was not familiar with this restaurant chain, and although I'm usually not a fan of chain restaurants, this one did not dissapoint as far as the food goes! We consider ourselves "calamari" experts and this was one of the best we've had in a while. Oysters were good. Service was good but a little "generic". All in all this is a nice restaurant and I would come back for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday VisitEnjoyedDined on 10/31/2014WE had a great time, the service and food were excellent. Very enjoyable. Everything I had hoped for.Special Features:
- Oceanaire superlativehope2eatDined on 10/28/2014Oceanaire makes all the other reasons for going to Indianapolis less important. We always look forward to dining at this fine establishment and are never disappointed. Our waiter pointed out that it was lobster special week and that we could dine on fabulous sweet lobster tails for about the same price as other entrees on the menu. What luck! Fabulous food, service, wine and pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Jenny was an excellent server!!!! Thank you for a great evening!!!Special Features:
- honeymoon wonder!!lovebirdsDined on 10/26/2014Had a wonderful experience, baked Alaska made for us for our honeymoon and given to us on the house! Food and service were wonderful :) Happy dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a special occasionCookieMonsterDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant was excellent. One of the best pieces of Tuna I've had anywhere. Fyi: the chocolate cake for 2 actually is enough for 4 or 6. You will shell out some cash though so be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevePoods1023Dined on 10/24/2014Apparently when we were seated there was no wait staff assigned to our table. After 20 minutes another waiter noticed we had not been attended and volunteered to take our orders. We got our drinks 45 minutes after seating. No signature relish tray was served, bread finally arrived after 40 minutes, only 4 of the 1/2 dozen oysters I ordered were served, my sisters lobster tails were brought to the table w/o any drawn butter. I'd been to the Oceanaire on several occasions, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. and always had a great experience but on this night I was sadly disappointed. My sister and I were celebrating our birthdays and I came away feeling as if I'd made a mistake in choosing what previously had been my favorite downtown restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent customer ServiceSpicyDined on 10/23/2014I recently took a group of Japanese customers to Oceanaire and had a wonderful experience. The food and service were excellent. We had a large group but were all able to hear and talk to one another. I spoke to their chef prior to the event and he put together a very special appetizer for our group and then personally came out to introduce himself and our appetizers course. Our waiter Jeff was excellent and help us make great food choice throughtout the meal.Special Features:
- Yummykenznlog13Dined on 10/21/2014Our food was awesome and the service was great! We both left with VERY full, happy bellys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnhappyDined on 10/21/2014We love this restaurant for special occasions, but service was very slow this time. Didn't even get a free dessert for my husband's birthday dinner. Ruths Chris for our next one.Special Features:
- Good but noisy.SwitchDined on 10/19/2014We had reservations for 8 pm Went a little early and they sat us down right away. We sat upstairs at a table for 2 overlooking the restaurant. It was a very nice table Yet there was a larger table close to us and they were excessively load. We still enjoyed our meal. Jeff was a good server and was attentative. Very enjoyable meal and will return hopefully to a quieter part of the establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014I entertain guest at the Oceanaire at least twice a year when I'm in town. It's the perfect place to go for exceptional seafood (and good steaks) along with an extensive wine list. The fish is fresh and they offer a wide variety. They can accommodate large groups or you can find a cozy table for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014we had a party of 3 and had to wait approximately 5 min. or more for the 3rd meal to come out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Service was deplorable. Not like the several times we have dined there before. Short staffed. No apologies that evening, but my call to the manager 2 days later got an apology. No offer to comp or reduce the bill. Feel that management should have discounted the bill when I called to make the complaint rather than 'We will make it up to you next time'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceWineAndCheeserDined on 10/18/2014This was an excellent experience for me and my family. It was my Dad's 68th Birthday, and they really made us feel welcome. The were attentive to every detail of the dinner. He got a Free Dessert for his birthday a Baked Alaska, and it was excellent. The food was outstanding. I especially liked the soba noodles with my Golden Snapper dinner.Special Features:
- Food issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The shrimp cocktail had very little flavor, the ice rug wedge was soaked with water and the dinner portions are extremely small for the price. Four small scallops for 40 bucks and the bread was hard. The service was excellent and was very knowledgeable about the menu. The atmosphere was very nice and romantic. My dinner tasted excellent but I felt it too was way overpriced. We had shrill cocktail, 2 entrees, 2 house salads, 2 ice teas, 1 order of green beans and the cost came to 220 with tip at 15%. Not enough bang for the buck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongMurphna1Dined on 10/10/2014I can't help but order the Hawaiian ahi tuna every time I go to the Oceanairre. It's amazing. The seaweed wasabi salad that comes with it, makes the dish. My boyfriend ordered the black and blue swordfish with caramelized onions. Though it would be hard to top the tuna, but it was equally as tasty. We had oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer and they had so much flavor. You just can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding seafoodEDNurseDined on 10/10/2014This was my first time in Indianapolis. The open table recommendation for Oceanaire was spot on. The food was amazing. Everytime someone (we had a group of 7) tried something different the comment was "the best I've ever tasted". The calamari was the best, the crab cake was the best, the lump crab cocktail was the best and on and on!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyPhoodiegirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was unimpressive and very over priced for the quality. Major disappointment. The food was not on par with the service and the setting, which were lovely. It was a HUGE disappointment. There are so many excellent restaurants in Indy, save some money, do yourself a favor and skip this one. You won't be missing anything.Special Features:
- A great experienceLynneDined on 10/9/2014The food was fantastic, the hostess and wait staff exceptional. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherelrbrexDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I spent a weekend enjoying downtown Indy....the Oceanaire provided a romantic end to our trip. The wait staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyLuv2eat13Dined on 10/4/2014The ambiance was great but when it takes 20 minutes just to get a drink then something is wrong. I should have left right then. The food was undercooked and expensive. The service was horrendous. I won't be back. Ever.Special Features: