Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
30 South Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 3179552277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-5pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Marlar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)romantic (113)notable wine list (96)fit for foodies (86)good for groups (70)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (22)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (13)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Our dinner at Oceanaire in Indianapolis was amazing. Our server, Bryce was very attentive and explained the menu items and specials. The food was delicious. We enjoyed our dinner. Parking was very convenient in the parking garage just across the street.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Food was good but not outstanding. Service was extremely slow.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Great experience!!!! It was a very relaxed, intimate dining occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspiring serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Was anniversary weekend for wife and I. We figured good time to check out Oceanaire for the first time. "Devour downtown" was going on so we both chose to order from that menu. Waiter (guy with short blondish hair and glasses) seemed very inattentive after we ordered from Devour menu. Waiter did not bring bread to table and seemed like bread was brought to surrounding tables. Waiter's demeanor was somewhat patronizing and almost pompous. Just did not seem very welcoming at all. Table was also in a walkway and seemed somewhat cramped. Chowder was good, rest of food somewhat uninspiring.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014It was our first time dining at the Oceanaire and we were not disappointed. Our waiter was very attentive and informative.Our food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014This meal was fine. It tasted good. The portions were small, which is actually nice at a restaurant, but it wasn't great. For the price, I expected something more interesting and unusual, or at least very yummy.Special Features:
- Very goodCoachDined on 8/29/2014Scallops were over cooked, but everything else was delicious as usual!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gift from the BossOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014This was a treat from my husbands boss for working so hard and long during the past couple of weeks. Therefore, we decided to splurge. Our waiter was very polite and served us well. The Alaskan crab was absolutely succulent, however, the lobster was very tough and quite a disappointment especially considering the price. I enjoy the atmosphere and the being treated special for a night. I will go again but lobster will not be part of my dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I feel they are a bit overpriced so overall value would be 3 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicewolfowl2013Dined on 8/25/2014The food was absolutely perfect, and the service was great. We had to ask for nothing, and was taken care of professionally. Celebrated a birthday, and was even given a cool treat.Special Features:
- AngelaDined on 8/24/2014Fabulous dinner. Probably one of the best dinners I have had. Huge fish lover.Special Features:
- Devour DowntownPickyDined on 8/24/2014We went to Oceanaire for Devour as it my daughters favorite restaurant. The food was good and the selections for devour pleased us all.Special Features:
- Food was so so.PushstartDined on 8/24/2014Service was great. Shrimp cocktails...excellent. The other just so so. My wife had the lobster which was not good. I contacted the server who contacted the manager. The lady sent out another and it was better but not to the standards you expect at a high end restaurant. I have gotten much better meals for much less than the $225.00 we spent. I will give the management credit for her attempt to resolve the problem but by the time my wife ate her dinner, her birthday atmosphere was ruined.Special Features:
- IndymomIndymomDined on 8/23/2014Very nice atmosphere with great service and perfectly prepared food.Special Features:
- A Date Night Wonder!ProfessorJTDined on 8/23/2014I experienced The Oceanaire for the first time Sat August 23rd, 2014 & the restaurant truly did not disappoint at all. The atmosphere was amazing! The staff was friendly. Even got a complimentary starter from the Executive Chef for it being our first visit. A truly wonderful restaurant was The Oceanaire & I can not wait to visit once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal I Have Had in a Long TimedevourdinerDined on 8/23/2014My friends and I always make it a point to head downtown during the devour event. We never use the menu, but its always a great excuse to get out and indulge. We had never been to Oceanaire before and we are so glad we went. We started with the cold appetizer tower, a half dozen oysters, the calamari, and a crab cake. Every one well prepared and the presentation was spot on. For the meals we all ordered a filet and then I personally had the Chef's rockfish. Even though it is a seafood restaurant, the filet was the best steak I have ever had in downtown Indy and the rockfish was likewise the best seafood. Our server was remarkable and attentive. Didn't plan on reviewing, so I didn't get her name. Will undoubtedly be back.Special Features:
- Great food and staffTwillDined on 8/23/2014Very attentive waiter but food was pricey. Enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience29andcountingDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful experience. While we did not tell the restaurant we were celebrating, it felt as if they knew. They were extra attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eat1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food and service as usual. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- nerowolfeDined on 8/23/2014Our party thought the food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice choiceWildbillinDined on 8/23/2014I had read through reviews of Oceanaire and was a little concerned about the food quality and service. Our experience was very positive, especially with the service. The only reason this wouldn't be on our list of restaurants for regular visits is because of the cost. Otherwise, I would recommend Oceanaire without hesitation for a top notch seafood experience..Special Features:
- boilerfansDined on 8/23/2014Our recent visit was our first to this restaurant. We very much enjoyed our evening with wonderful food and outstanding service provided. A visit from Chef Michael added to the experience. We will most definitely dine here again!Special Features:
- Excellent!!PointeLegendDined on 8/22/2014Oceanaire never disappoints! Best seafood in the Indy area, not to mention the staff is very helpful with all inquiries about the menu items. Absolute must for dining if you are in Indianapolis.Special Features:
- DevourDDT2014Dined on 8/22/2014We went to Oceanaire for Devour Downtown, the food was great but we felt a little rushed and they did not extend the typical pleasantries to us such as bread.Special Features:
- Look elsewhere for a special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014After seating us in a back smaller room with a path to the kitchen and in a room that could have doubled for a second walk in freezer, the waiter introduced himself to us. The first disappointment was served drinks that had no evidence of alcohol. A martini served up, should not be that diluted by ice. Salad was very good and fish was adequate. The waiter spent more time trying to get us and adjoining tables signed up with their membership program than seeing what our interests were. We left without desserts or second drinks. I doubt we will return.Special Features:
- Matt.DMattDined on 8/22/2014The visit was outstanding as usual. Food was great, and service was even better. Can't wait to dine again.Special Features:
- Food averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We ordered from the devour downtown menu. Thought different options might feature your restaurant speciality. My husband ordered the flat steak and couldn't eat it, tasted almost bitter. My salmon was ok but nothing special enough to want to come back. Also we both thought the bread was dry and no flavor, very surprised. Overall we won't be coming back, nothing delicious.
- Delicious Devour Downtownkayleeann5Dined on 8/21/2014My parents came downtown to visit and I made reservations for us at The Oceanaire. We had never been here before but I am glad we finally made it in! We were greeted with an unexpected delight, salmon of some sort, that was delicious! The salads were great, I had the sole entree which was the best I'd ever had. My dad had a salmon entree, he also noted that it was delicious.....he didn't offer me any, which is very surprising. The service was wonderful, the wine was perfect. Overall a really great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandyRandyDined on 8/20/2014We have dined here before, about 2-3 times per year, when we are in town for business. This visit there was a noticeable decline in the food quality and level of attentiveness. Way overdone with the use of watermelon. Sorry, bit we are accustomed to much, much more. And, the restaurant was not busy at all.
- Excellent fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Always consistent the Oceanaire has not disappointed in my 4+ yrs of stopping in Indy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but NOT Knock the Socks OffHilotheBostonDined on 8/19/2014Visited during Devour Downtown. Had the items in the offering which were delicious and the service was good. However, with the addition of asparagus appetizer,a side of rice and two ice teas, the check came to $102. With an additional $20 tip that was $122 for dinner. Again good food and service but for $122 with no alcohol, I would like to leave in the "WOW" state. The place was also so cold that I did not enjoy sitting there but maybe that is the goal to move you in and out. Would return if someone else were paying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014we ordered appetizers so i was not able to eat all of my meal...when i got home my steak was a little pink in the inside and i got well done...was very surprised by that and threw it out. Not happy about that at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College Send-offOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant and staff were very accommodating. The food was great, the staff excellent, and the environment exactly what was desired. We took our two sons for their final feast before sending them off to college. A great time was had by all. The room was vibrant, but not so that we could not hear each other speak. The pace of the service and food was perfect. My son was offered a white napkin for his light colored pants without hesitation, which was a first for him. It may seem like a little detail, but excellent service is in the little details. The prices were as expected, and the wine list provided multiple options for our favorite wine. The dessert choices boggled the mind. We ordered two, and still took leftover home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience & low noise levelIslamoradaMeatHogDined on 8/16/2014Been to the Oceanaire many times & some of the things which bring us back are the great, fresh, & diverse sea food selections; the design and ambiance; and lower volume of conversational noise at the dining area. The ability to converse, conduct business, or hold conversations at a respectable level, without the need to over-talk, or use excessive volume is invaluable. This fact, married with the wonderful cuisine and preparations, seemingly make the Oceanaire stand out from the crowd. The various preparation styles of the seafood offerings marvel those found in the best seafood restaurants in the Keys...well done! Keep up the good job of higher class delivery of exceptional Food, Service, Ambiance, and noise level! Brad Indianapolis, INSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andre the Giantsixsigma2Dined on 8/16/2014Our personal waiter was a gentleman named Andre. He was the best! He took the time to review the dinner menu and make suggestions that appealed to our personal taste. The Executive Chef visited our table and introduced himself with the classy touch of a complimentary bite size appetizer that was delicious. From the selection of oysters to the Halibut steak and scallops ending with a scrumptious Baked Alaskan desert.... Our first experience at the Oceanaire Seafood Room was out of this world and we are already making plans to visit again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DiningFrequentdinerDined on 8/16/2014We had a great meal and great service. We ate early and then went to the Colts game. Everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinghaveanicedayDined on 8/16/2014Never have I dined somewhere and had the Chef come out to say Hello! Waiter was awesome as was the food and all in a timely matter. Would rate the experience a 10! From Greenfield so nice to be downtown to walk around for awhile also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another overpriced chainOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Service was horrible - extremely slow and did not pay attention to our requests! Food very mediocre and very overpriced! Not sure why anyone would go here.
- New spot for anniversaryseafoodextraordinaireDined on 8/12/2014I love seafood and the grilled Ono I had was superb! More than I expected, in fact. As soon as my hubby and I walked in, we were floored. The waiter knew the menu and answered all of our questions. My hubby asked the chef to just make whatever he felt like and we didn't end up getting the most expensive item or a steak. We got something that was average price and it was very, very delicious. we've already decided this is our new anniversary tradition!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations aren't respected!WAP72Dined on 8/12/2014If you make reservations, one would expect that the table be prepared for the number in your party. This isn't so at this restaurant. You get an ordinary setting wherever they decide to seat you. I expected much more for a $165 meal for two! Save your money and find another restaurant that will prepare your setting per your reservation requests.