Oceanaire Seafood Room - Houston
5061 Westheimer Rd Suite 8050
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 8324878862
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Skip King
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Houston
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)romantic (87)fit for foodies (66)good for groups (56)notable wine list (43)scenic view (38)great for lunch (37)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Oceanaire saved the day!HungryTunaDined on 10/27/2014Our events team scheduled a 30 person dinner at the wrong Oceanaire location and the staff at the Houston location didn't miss a beat. With 1 hr until our guests arrived they were able to pull off a fantastic dinner. Thank you, thank you, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveFoodie411VIPDined on 10/26/2014Good seafood but overpriced. Service was not great. The mngr, Ashley, came over and and said the waiter did not want too wait on our table???Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceKeithDined on 10/22/2014Enjoyed the oysters, Dover sole with crab and butter sauce, broccoli, and risotto. Dessert of tres leches cake was also very good. Food quality was commensurate with price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RodrigoBlackbeefDined on 10/21/2014Always great seafood. Oysters were the best, fresh selection. Alaskan king crab was excellent also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finished every bitecleanplateclubDined on 10/20/2014Lovely restaurant. Waiter was very knowledgeable and shared that with us. They gave us a little complimentary appetizer since I noted it was our first visit. We all had something different and we all finished our meals. Two of us had appetizers for the meal. I had the amberjack chef selection. Delicious. Portions were good not overly large but satisfying. I still did not have room for desert. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Houston!LifofrlyVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is always one of our favorite places for a great meal and impeccable service. Oceanaire never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLuv2eatDined on 10/18/2014Outstanding service and great food. Creative menu for people that like fish and seafood!Special Features:
- First timerVictoriac01Dined on 10/18/2014My first time and it was awesome!! My friends and I plan to return and spread the word about the awesome experience we had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Server - MarioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Mario, our server, made a late night dinner into a splendid evening. Based upon our questioning relative to suggestions we needed at the time....he did an outstanding job...was very helpful. We went with his recommendations and had a very wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ReliableJames1Dined on 10/6/2014Have eaten here many times. Our Show Guests stay at the JW Marriott across the street...peerrrfect. Tip: Monday night is best, less crowded and quieter. Tall bald waiter "Oscar" from Argentina is an excellent server... and entertainer.....Special Features:
- Excellent Service, AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014Great place to dine. Choose wisely. Must of had a bad day as my jumbo shrimp were. . . .well, shrimps. All else good. Others in party had great crab cake and grilled Red Fish. Excellent service.Special Features:
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was cozy and not to big..the surroundings were fine..the service was excellent..thanks robertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Landry's poor serviceShadow12Dined on 9/27/2014As I am finding about most Landry's restaurants, the "hype" is enough to draw you in, and the service is enough to drive you away. I've crossed too many Landry's restaurants off my list because waiters/ waitresses are non-existent. At least 4 times I had to ask another waiter for drink refills, dessert menu, melted butter for the $68 lobster I ordered for my mother on her birthday. The waiter clearly avoided our table at times and disappeared from the dining room on multiple occasions. The restaurant wasn't too busy either. I almost didn't make the reservation when I found out it was Landry's owned, but the reviews were pretty good. Once again, I was disappointed, and I think I'm done with Landry's altogether.
- Best seafood in HoustonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014When we are looking for a great seafood dinner this is where we go. I love oysters, and you will not find a better and wider selection in Houston. My wife love the crab cakes. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Oceanaire Houstontinman1970VIPDined on 9/24/2014I've eaten at Oceanaire in the Galleria area of Houston several times; and they have not disappointed yet. I entertained customers at this restaurant, as we all were in the mood for seafood and this is a great place to accommodate a group. We started with a selection of fresh oysters on the half shell (which were delicious); then we moved onto the main courses… crab cakes, halibut steak, and swordfish. I can only speak for my meal (the swordfish), but everyone was happy with the food and atmosphere. Thanks Oceanaire… and keep up the GREAT job!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoberttheTravelerVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great Fish Restaurant. This survey is pretty poor. I wrote a short review but it wanted more words--probably stay away from the review, so I downgraded the overal from a 4 to a 1 because of this reviewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TodMVIPDined on 9/23/20145th or 6th time eating there this year always excellentSpecial Features:
- Favorite FanpatkVIPDined on 9/20/2014The dinner including scallops was incredible! This is our place for special celebrations! With our Open Table reservation we were given a table by the window which was lovely.Special Features:
- Waste of moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014My best friend came to Houston from Denver, where she says the Oceanaire is great. We went to dinner for her birthday. Hostesses looked overwhelmed by our existence. Complimentary pickles, olives and celery didn't fit a high-end Seafood House. Ahi had no flavor or sauce, crabmeat was served on shredded lettuce, making it difficult to fish out the meat, escargot was a flavorless pool of oil. Good parts include drinks, bread, caesar dressing, and service (Terrance). The GM was great-tried the items we were disappointed with and agreed they were off the mark that evening. She and Terrance are assets. Still, just not worth the money. Also, printing my friend's name on a menu for her birthday was tacky considering you print menus daily.
- One of the bestDAMURRFamDined on 9/13/2014I took my wife here for our one year anniversary and it was great. Very romantic place to take your significant other. I really enjoyed the food and I would definitely go again. We had a small issue in the beginning due to the person who sat us down didn't let our server know we were there. We sat there for approximately 15-20 minutes before they took our order. However they made up for the mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service was great. The crab cake was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expected fresh fishOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014The restaurant food is a hit or miss. I expect a hit every time with 25 plus dollar plates. My stuffed bake shrimp was tasty. My husband ordered fried seafood and expected a nice fried fillet. Instead it was like fish sticks. That is unacceptable.Special Features:
- Top notchWiseyDined on 9/9/2014When I come to Houston on business I eat at the Oceanaire, period. The food is always great and the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- AwesomeBirthdayDinnerDined on 9/6/2014Not only was the food amazing, but the service was better than that. I can't wait to go back. The fact that's they personalized the menu for my husbands birthday and the waiter remember his food allergies made me give the 5 star rating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood quality has gone down.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014It appears that this restaurant no longer has items flown in fresh daily. The jumbo lump crab cake is very good. The mixed seafood grill was not good at all. Shrimp were tough. The complimentary veggies should be taken off of the menu or "pickled". Disappointing, considering the prices.Special Features:
- DisappointingUmameVIPDined on 8/30/2014We went for Houston Restaurant Weeks dinner with family including teen kids because this place seemed to offer the best value and the menu looked very enticing. Server was polite, but service was lacking compared to our previous visits. Appetizers and main courses were decent, nothing spectacular like before. Seemed like the food was cooked in a rush but sat there before being delivered to table. Then several options for deserts were out which was announced to us long after we ordered and so prolonged our wait even more. All in all, very disappointing experience at this once stellar restaurant.
- One Place you have to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Service was fantastic, and the view (if you like to people watch, which I do) was excellent. Food is great.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningFamilyBDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed our evening out. I have been wanting to go for 4 years, happy we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiger fanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Bar had only 2 bartenders. Very slow. Waiter not very attentive. Swordfish ok but a little overlooked
- WhitVIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent seafood selections and the meals were very well presented to our party of four. Parking and the local trafffic at the Galleria make this a somewhat difficult restaurant to travel to and from.Special Features:
- I will return!PetwickDined on 8/29/2014I went for restaurant week and I enjoyed it so much I plan to go back later.Special Features:
- LetMeBeDined on 8/28/2014I really did enjoy the scenic view and ambiance at the Oceanaire Seafood Room. I would recommend the red fish and potatoes.Special Features:
- Not romantic, but still great!Faw69Dined on 8/27/2014Awesome dinner! Ordered for Houston Resturant weeks and we got full sized meals! Not too romantic because it was loud and quiet but after great drinks we forgot about the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing and the staff was fantastic. Great atmosphere. We had a terrific timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR SERVICEFOOLEDDined on 8/23/2014I chose this restaurant based on the menu items, location and ambiance. However, despite the atmosphere, my service was horrible. The appetizers were prompt but entrée took nearly 30 - 45min. When we alerted our waitor he didn't seem concerned. I don't believe I'll go back.Special Features:
- DisappointingJPinHOUDined on 8/23/2014Service was some of the worst I have ever had. Our reservation was for 830 and we didn't get our entrees until after 10. It took about 25 minutes between ordering wine and getting it. In the interim didn't even get the bread which we enviously watched other patrons eating. Our waiter was nowhere to be seen for much of this time. He was working one other table. At about 10 he sauntered back and my wife asked if we could have some bread. He said "Sure would you like a relish tray with that?" Seriously? No apology that you've not provided a basic level of service and now you're upselling me? After wanting to come to Oceanaire for several years, I was really disappointed with the service. Can't imagine I'll be going back.Special Features:
- Manager Made GoodFavoriteDined on 8/23/2014My wife had a bad experience with a part of her appetizer and the fried shrimp were too crispy. The manager comped her meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truely enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was my first time to Oceanaire, it was a wonderful experience. The service was fantastic, our waiter was accommodating and timely. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great HRW menuJHaroldDined on 8/22/2014Food was delicious and the fact that you got to choose from many selections from the regular menu was a plus. Attentive service, nice ambience and the noise level was low enough to easily hear everyone at the table even on a busy Friday night. This was a first visit but will return, especially next time HRW comes around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 8/22/2014A group of 4 of my friends decided Oceanaire for Restaurant Week. We tried the tuna tower, smoked salmon, shrimp & grits, and fried calamari. They were all 4 stars. For the main course I enjoyed stuffed trout, which was phenomenal, and my boyfriend got the iron steak and shrimp—he was also impressed. We finished with tres leches and cheesecake, de-lish! The service was special and the ambiance was memorable. We hope Oceanaire participates in Restaurant Week next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.