Oceanaire Seafood Room - Houston
5061 Westheimer Rd Suite 8050
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 8324878862
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Skip King
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Houston
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)romantic (80)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (44)great for lunch (40)scenic view (40)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (18)great for brunch (15)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014When I come to Houston on business I eat at the Oceanaire, period. The food is always great and the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- AwesomeBirthdayDinnerDined on 9/6/2014Not only was the food amazing, but the service was better than that. I can't wait to go back. The fact that's they personalized the menu for my husbands birthday and the waiter remember his food allergies made me give the 5 star rating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood quality has gone down.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014It appears that this restaurant no longer has items flown in fresh daily. The jumbo lump crab cake is very good. The mixed seafood grill was not good at all. Shrimp were tough. The complimentary veggies should be taken off of the menu or "pickled". Disappointing, considering the prices.Special Features:
- DisappointingUmameVIPDined on 8/30/2014We went for Houston Restaurant Weeks dinner with family including teen kids because this place seemed to offer the best value and the menu looked very enticing. Server was polite, but service was lacking compared to our previous visits. Appetizers and main courses were decent, nothing spectacular like before. Seemed like the food was cooked in a rush but sat there before being delivered to table. Then several options for deserts were out which was announced to us long after we ordered and so prolonged our wait even more. All in all, very disappointing experience at this once stellar restaurant.
- One Place you have to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Service was fantastic, and the view (if you like to people watch, which I do) was excellent. Food is great.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningFamilyBDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed our evening out. I have been wanting to go for 4 years, happy we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiger fanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Bar had only 2 bartenders. Very slow. Waiter not very attentive. Swordfish ok but a little overlooked
- WhitVIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent seafood selections and the meals were very well presented to our party of four. Parking and the local trafffic at the Galleria make this a somewhat difficult restaurant to travel to and from.Special Features:
- I will return!PetwickDined on 8/29/2014I went for restaurant week and I enjoyed it so much I plan to go back later.Special Features:
- LetMeBeDined on 8/28/2014I really did enjoy the scenic view and ambiance at the Oceanaire Seafood Room. I would recommend the red fish and potatoes.Special Features:
- Not romantic, but still great!Faw69Dined on 8/27/2014Awesome dinner! Ordered for Houston Resturant weeks and we got full sized meals! Not too romantic because it was loud and quiet but after great drinks we forgot about the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing and the staff was fantastic. Great atmosphere. We had a terrific timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR SERVICEFOOLEDDined on 8/23/2014I chose this restaurant based on the menu items, location and ambiance. However, despite the atmosphere, my service was horrible. The appetizers were prompt but entrée took nearly 30 - 45min. When we alerted our waitor he didn't seem concerned. I don't believe I'll go back.Special Features:
- DisappointingJPinHOUDined on 8/23/2014Service was some of the worst I have ever had. Our reservation was for 830 and we didn't get our entrees until after 10. It took about 25 minutes between ordering wine and getting it. In the interim didn't even get the bread which we enviously watched other patrons eating. Our waiter was nowhere to be seen for much of this time. He was working one other table. At about 10 he sauntered back and my wife asked if we could have some bread. He said "Sure would you like a relish tray with that?" Seriously? No apology that you've not provided a basic level of service and now you're upselling me? After wanting to come to Oceanaire for several years, I was really disappointed with the service. Can't imagine I'll be going back.Special Features:
- Manager Made GoodFavoriteDined on 8/23/2014My wife had a bad experience with a part of her appetizer and the fried shrimp were too crispy. The manager comped her meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truely enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was my first time to Oceanaire, it was a wonderful experience. The service was fantastic, our waiter was accommodating and timely. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great HRW menuJHaroldDined on 8/22/2014Food was delicious and the fact that you got to choose from many selections from the regular menu was a plus. Attentive service, nice ambience and the noise level was low enough to easily hear everyone at the table even on a busy Friday night. This was a first visit but will return, especially next time HRW comes around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 8/22/2014A group of 4 of my friends decided Oceanaire for Restaurant Week. We tried the tuna tower, smoked salmon, shrimp & grits, and fried calamari. They were all 4 stars. For the main course I enjoyed stuffed trout, which was phenomenal, and my boyfriend got the iron steak and shrimp—he was also impressed. We finished with tres leches and cheesecake, de-lish! The service was special and the ambiance was memorable. We hope Oceanaire participates in Restaurant Week next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marginal serviceLizJVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a birthday dinner for 7 on a Friday night. I loved that Oceannaire prints the birthday person's name on the menu. It was very personal and thoughtful. Service could have been better.Special Features:
- hit or missWanderlustDined on 8/22/2014My fish was slightly overcooked. I have high expectations for a seafood item to be cooked perfectly at a seafood restaurant. My friend got steak and shrimp. The steak was terrible. I have been here before and food was better. Not sure if anything has changed in about a year. They have good oyster selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined for HRW 2014HtownFoodieForLifeDined on 8/21/2014Great service and atmosphere. Classy yet modern. The food was mediocre but had a few highlights. For HRW, the first course of ahi tuna tower was delicious. However, the stuffed sole fillet was dry but the stuffing itself was good. The best part of the meal was the caramel bread pudding. I would come back to try out their lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Service good. Food was good, not spectacular like the prices. Potatoes served cold had to be sent back. Food good but not worth the prices charged. Typical Landrys restaurant, average food at best but overpricedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014I was a bit disappointed with my experience at Oceanaire. My reservation was for 15 people for Restaurant Week and the hostess and the waiter both did not acknowledge us when we specifically asked for the restaurant week menu. We speically asked the waiter to let our party know at the end of the table as we had a large group and he did not do it. Also, the food was not as fresh as it normally is. I ordered the jumbo shrimp and they broought me six small shirmp. And my aspargus were fried too hard. Overall, I was not impressed with my experience.
- Good service bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The service was good and the atmosphere of the restaurant was greatbut none of the 8 people at my table enjoyed the food. Redfish and blue cheese was hard for everyone to eat and the crab cake sliders tasted like something you would get from long john silvers.
- FoodieDined on 8/16/2014Oysters and king crab were great! Good food. Fresh seafood. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First VisitMeatheadDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and service. Best meal since moving to the Houston area. Red snapper was awesome. Oscar (waiter) was great. We are new to the Houston area and found after using the Valet service that we didn't have cash. Oscar gave us $ out of his own pocket, he got a 26% tipSpecial Features:
- SA62Dined on 8/16/2014Great time to dine (during Houston Restaurant Weeks). The waitstaff was extremely attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for HRWSeanBDined on 8/15/2014We went with the intent of ordering off the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu. The food was delicious, although I'm not sure I could have justified paying full price. All in all, we were very very pleased with our experience. However, I would be hard pressed to put this at the top of my list. Great food & service, but not necessarily the best food/service in town at that price point. If you're in the galleria area, it's definitely worth consideration.
- Bread pudding was divineRMcGr84Dined on 8/15/2014I visited the Oceanaire Room for Houston Restaurants Weeks. The menu was divine. I had the spicy tuna tower as an appetizer, the steak and shrimp as the main course, and the bread pudding for dessert. All three selections were delicious. The decor is beautiful with big windows to enjoy the Galleria scenery. Would definitely love to go back on another occasion.Special Features:
- Good HRW lunch menuyumyumVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a good time in Oceanaire. I had the calamari for appetizer which is nice but my husband chowder was very tasty. I would recommend that. Then I had crab cake slider for main and I think it is one of the lightest crab cake slider I ever had. I will definitely come back to have that again. The fish was awesome too. I definitely will come again.Special Features:
- Great foodIdontknowDined on 8/14/2014Started with the shrimp and grits-amazing. Main course was the black and bleu flounder - amazing, finished off with the caramel bread pudding dessert. Heaven on earth. Every foodies dream!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014This was my third time to dine at this restaurant. Two out of three times, it has been an awful dining experience. My companion ordered steak and shrimp and the steak was burnt to a crisp. It was far from edible. I can not even believe they served it to us. The waiter was inattentive. We had to flag someone else down to get his attention for a water refill. Another waiter did not waste any time to take our plates away before we were even finished eating. I am not one to complain about anything, but I think this restaurant deserves a review. I was once again very disappointed and probably will not return for a fourth time.
- Birthday CelebrationDivaNannaDined on 8/12/2014I took my husband to Oceanaire to celebrate his birthday. This was our 1st time going there and I found them on the Houston Restaurant Week list. The ambiance, food and our waiter Terrence was wonderful. We had a great evening and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client: "This is like buffet food."OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014Ambiance is nice -- huge, modern-looking room and service is friendly/attentive. The food is another story... We did the HRW lunch menu and if you didn't know it was going on, you would never have known they had a special of 2 courses for $20. Did the calamari with Asian vegetables and simple grilled fish with mashed potatoes/asparagus. Calamari, while nicely cooked, was accompanied by an Asian slaw-type vegetable mixture that tasted like straight soy sauce. The grilled fish of the day (amberjack) was a tiny/thin/dry piece of fish served with two unseasoned asparagus spears and a literal buffet scoop of mashed potatoes. My client said it looked and tasted like buffet/wedding food. Regular lunch prices are very high, so unlikely to return.
- HungryDined on 8/9/2014Our fish was cold and over cooked. By the time we were given new entrees the other 2 people had finished their meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014I was not impressed with the food. I originally ordered the sole stuffed with crab meat, but the item was sold out due to restaurant week. So I ordered fried shrimp and fries. The shrimp taste as if they were burnt or fried to long. Definitely wouldn't recommend that dish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014every thing was great accept our Martinis the glasses were have full even after the waiter went to get more votka it was not enough in ore glass.Special Features:
- Alright...Chica2014Dined on 8/8/2014I was most impressed by the Appetizer and dessert course for Restaurant Week. I had the steak & shrimp entree...both were dry and the asparagus was simply chopped and put on the plate. I was disappointed with the entree, but overall the experience was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceShaunDined on 8/8/2014The service was amazing and prompt. The restaurant is very neat and clean. The scenery makes this a wonderful spot for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food is tasty, however service can be more attentive. I have to keep on reminding our waiter to refill our drinks.Special Features: