Oceanaire Seafood Room - Hackensack
175 Riverside Sq Mall
Hackensack, NJ 07601Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Hackensack
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: (201) 343-8862
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 12pm - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Valdez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Hackensack
Conveniently located in the Shops at Riverside, The Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a… sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or Bluefin Tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Hackensack - Best Restaurants in Hackensack ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Hackensack reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)special occasion (47)good for groups (31)romantic (31)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- High pricesPalcarrieDined on 11/18/2014The prices are outrageously high. A fish dinner is over $35 a a carte.Special Features:
- Excellent place!LFalkVIPDined on 11/9/2014We celebrated my son's birthday at Oceanaire and was impressed with the food and service we received! They printed Happy Birthday to my son on the menus which was so nice as well and served us a birthday Baked Alaska that was lit up at the table! How nice! This was a true gourmet dinner for sure!Special Features:
- WE WILL BE BACKRickVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was our second visit and we will be back. Everything was perfect. We had friends with us and we were all happy. Excellent food, service, ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014The lobster was cold and dried out!!! For a sea food restaurant at these prices the fish should be superb!! I will go to Mortans and get better sea food there.
- Exceptional CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2014I was celebrating my birthday and had never been to Oceanaire. Food was AWESOME and wine list SPECTACULAR. When presented with our menues my name was printed at the top with a Happy Birthday greeting. Nice touch. Thanks for making it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT GOOD KIDS MEALS AND SLOW PACECotsenVIPDined on 11/2/2014The kids meals are a joke. My daughter ordered fried shrimp and we were disappointed with the plate. 3 shrimp and a ton of fries. In addition, the pace of the meal was way too slow. I dont think we are going back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant is very nice and offers a good selection of fish and seafood. the service was attentive and overall a pleasant dining experience although somewhat on the expensive side,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceanaire Seafood RoomDRACDined on 10/18/2014Food was excellent. Pricey, but prepared beautifully. Atmosphere serene and calm with ocean background. First time at this restaurant and will return. We both had seafood and it was delightful. Will definitely recommend to our friends to try.Special Features:
- great experiencebeyoDined on 10/17/2014Rita was a great waitress, she really took care of us. The food was delicious and just enough. My husband was very pleased when we celebrate his birthday there. Thank you for making it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/16/2014We are peppered with ads for a lobster special, show up at 7:30 PM on a Thursday - told there is no more lobster. Restaurant is not filled, so this had the felling of "bait and switch." Then the server brought the wrong wine. The bread came after the appetizer was served (even though another couple who came after we did were served more promptly). The two (different) shrimp dishes were loaded with mushy pasta/starch. We get better seafood, better fish, better service, and lower prices at a number of other Bergen County restaurants. Unless I'm stuck in this mall at dinnertime, I can't think of a good reason to come back. The last time I came here wasn't any better.
- Inviting atmosphere with great foodLuLuDined on 10/16/2014The Osso Bucco (veal) was fantastic; I caught the last night of "Restaurant week" as the regular portions (which my friend ordered) were a bit too large for me. The Caesar Salad was good but I missed not having anchovies. My friend had the salmon and mashed potatoes which she raved about. My order came with a choice of cheesecake or Key Lime Pie and I chose the former which was most enjoyable. A bit pricey as everything was a la carte; perhaps they should consider having a Prix fixe menu for those of us who do prefer smaller portions, and then charge accordingly. I was a bit disappointed when they did not have the wine I ordered (a glass) and didn't offer to compensate with the same price for the next higher priced wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent experience!Ninaluv808Dined on 10/13/2014Again, dining here has been an excellent dining experience. The food is wonderful and as always the staff is knowledgable and friendly. I will be returning soon!Special Features:
- BlueCellendDined on 10/11/2014Nice modernization of the old McCormick and schmit space! Not crazy about the blue lighting, they need some warm light too! Also the blue lighting made the food look weird! We waited a long time for our cocktails and then got the wrong one when it was corrected it was a great martini! The food was really quite good! I had the stuffed shrimp and they were an adequate size cooked just right and the stuffing was delicious! Everyone enjoyed they're entree and the dessert was fabulous! Chocolate brownie thing with vanilla ice cream for 3 people was to die for , felt too full to finish it! Overall I did enjoy this restaurant very much but it is pricey! Dinner for 4 with 4 drinks apps and dessert was $ 280 plus tip! I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreLisaVIPDined on 10/11/20143 of us dined at Oceanaire on a Saturday night. Restaurant was full, atmosphere was lively and noise level was high. Our waitress seemed inexperienced, which put a negative spin on our night, especially given the prices. She did not communicate clearly that the menu was daily with no additional specials, just the ones listed on the menu (she said she would come back and tell us about specials). She brought clean silverware after food had already been delivered to the table. She never checked on us when the food was brought. The caesar salad was not good. The dressing had no taste and the croutons were stale. Medium-rare fillet mignon was cooked medium-well & under-seasoned . Swordfish was very dry. Salmon was fine. Overall it was mediocre.
- PastapastaDined on 10/11/2014Always great. Never disappoints. Best seafood around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- confusing menumersetDined on 10/9/2014Fish was good. The asparagus side dish for $12 was small and overcooked. While the wine list was extensive, that to was overpriced for what was offered. Desserts were excellent.
- HonestwordsDined on 10/3/2014Heard mixed reviews, but decided to check it out myself. The room is perfectly well lit. The waiter was knowledgable on entire menu. Seemed a little staged and impersonal but she was entertaining. All of the food tasted fresh. The calamari and crab cakes were phenomenal . The filet was alright . Dessert was great. Pretty pricey but it's worth it for first timers who don't mind spending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealLive2EatDined on 9/28/2014VERY good! Classy, but no at all stuffy. Our waitress was friendly, professional, attentive and very knowledgeable of everything on the menu. A little pricy, but well worth the experience...!Special Features:
- SurpriseNickCannDined on 9/27/2014More than we expected. Food was well prepared and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful restaurantamateurcriticVIPDined on 9/23/2014Passed by many times thinking "just a mall restaurant". Finally went in. What a pleasant surprise. The food, ambiance, and service quality all were outstanding and together combined for a great dining experience. City quality without all the hassles. Went back for dinner and took some friends. They too raved about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceBillzDined on 9/21/2014Menu is great. Sunday brunch is available. We'll be back for that. Service is tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very gooddb576VIPDined on 9/19/2014The food is very good and the service is excellent. The prices for the fish main courses is higher than most NYC notable fish restaurants and the portion sizes are not large. There is little value here. That is disappointing and insulting. We ordered soup, salad, two main courses, wine and cocktails. The food was very good but you pay too much here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestseafoodDined on 9/13/2014Was our first time there since Oceanaire replaced McCormick & Shmidts. We loved it and have told our family and friends about it. Can't wait to dine there again.Special Features:
- ServiceJeanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Wait person brought wrong entree. Did not apologize. Took back to kitchen along with over cooked asparagus. Otherwise it was good but progression of dinner spoiled the dinner for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First TimeGaryDined on 9/12/2014It was our first time at the Oceanaire and we will definitely be back! The crab cake appetizer was one of the best I ever had. I had the Atlantic Char grilled with the butter and my wife had the trout. Both cooked perfectly and tasty. My wife had the potato tipsy and I had the matchsticks fries. Although the serving size of the fries was more than enough for one person, the were not salty and thus delicious. The deserts are huge but very good. I was able to take some of it home with me. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AdditionEilat59Dined on 9/6/2014Oceanaire is a great addition to the Bergen County restaurant scene. Food is delicious, the room is actually very glamorous with blue lighting and the service is profession and polished. My only issue is the wait time for the good once ordered - it's inconsistent at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a lot of fine tuningBabsVIPDined on 9/1/2014Waited 30 minutes before drink order was taken, calamari appetizer soggy, oysters Rockefeller all spinach filling, salads were good, crab cakes ok. Baracundi tasteless, tuna was ok, scallops were ok, creme brûlée very watery, and baked alaska too minty and meringue was not cooked. No one asked if we wanted a second bottle of wine, and we were never approached to ask if we wanted anything else, and got no seconds of anything. I have been to oceannaire in dallas, tx, and that is a spectacular place. Hackensack is not. Was very disappointed.
- NeilVIPDined on 9/1/2014We went for Happy Hour and left very happy. Delicious food and good libations.Special Features:
- Great place!LFalkVIPDined on 8/31/2014You should try their Happy Hour as the appetizers are amazing and the drinks are reduced prices! Fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I are working our way through the menu. It's our special date place and becoming our favorite. We've enjoyed every appetizer and entry that we've had so farSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second attempt here a little betterffergVIPDined on 8/17/2014My first experience here in April was a disaster. The food took so long to get to the table and was average. I gave this a second try on 8/17 and I must say that the waitress was great and the food was better -- but the restaurant was empty for a Sunday brunch. I think the restaurant has great potential but can only recommend it for for Sunday brunch. Not sure if the dinner service has also gotten better. The staff are well trained on the floor. Now they have to focus on the kitchen timing.Special Features:
- JangDined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed the restaurant when it first opened more than the other night.
- wonderfulDined on 8/9/2014Service was great, it was my husband 50th birthday and they made it special, is name was on the menu so he has a keepsake to remember is big day. The serve had great knowledge of the menu, the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodnc2nyDined on 8/9/2014This was our second time there. Three out of four of us really enjoyed our meals. Oysters are fresh and delicious. Blackened Montauk swordfish was outstanding. Stuffed shrimp very, very good. The Baked Alaska was more for show than flavor. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why did it take me so long?ElaineVIPDined on 8/9/2014We used to eat here when it was McCormick & Schmick's and didn't try Oceanaire until Saturday. The food is great and the decor beautiful. My husband and I both had specials, Artic Char and Diver Scallops, and this restaurant is now on our "go to" list. A bonus would be to get Rita as your server. She's very sweet and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyWKCKDined on 8/7/2014While the food, service and ambiance were lovely, we were surprised by the prices which were quite high. That might account for the fact that the restaurant was not overly busy while we were there. Would only return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and foodShoshyDined on 8/6/2014The foos was quite good and the service was excellent. The server overheard that it was a friend's birthday so she came with a dessert... It was quite good. Again, a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food... OverpricedDPorter122Dined on 8/3/2014I fine dine frequently and the quality of the food here just does not meet the price point on the menu. Tried several dishes and nothing really wowed me to return. All entrees on menu are $30+ And a la carte. Service and ambiance was very good.Special Features:
- Good Service & FoodTeecDined on 8/3/2014The restaurant provided good service and the food was good. I was also impressed that they called me the next day to inquire about how I liked the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendor in the Suburbs.....SororitySisterSGCVIPDined on 8/1/2014My beau treated us to a splendid meal at Oceanaire Restaurant and the food was divine with impeccable service from Danielle. We look forward to visiting again with friends and family. This dining experience is a special treat. Thanks for the memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.