Oceanaire Seafood Room - Hackensack
175 Riverside Sq Mall
Hackensack, NJ 07601Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Hackensack
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 2013438862x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 12pm - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Valdez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Hackensack
Conveniently located in the Shops at Riverside, The Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a… sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or Bluefin Tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Hackensack - Best Restaurants in Hackensack ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Hackensack reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (22)romantic (21)good for groups (20)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Very gooddb576VIPDined on 9/19/2014The food is very good and the service is excellent. The prices for the fish main courses is higher than most NYC notable fish restaurants and the portion sizes are not large. There is little value here. That is disappointing and insulting. We ordered soup, salad, two main courses, wine and cocktails. The food was very good but you pay too much here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestseafoodDined on 9/13/2014Was our first time there since Oceanaire replaced McCormick & Shmidts. We loved it and have told our family and friends about it. Can't wait to dine there again.Special Features:
- ServiceJeanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Wait person brought wrong entree. Did not apologize. Took back to kitchen along with over cooked asparagus. Otherwise it was good but progression of dinner spoiled the dinner for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First TimeGaryDined on 9/12/2014It was our first time at the Oceanaire and we will definitely be back! The crab cake appetizer was one of the best I ever had. I had the Atlantic Char grilled with the butter and my wife had the trout. Both cooked perfectly and tasty. My wife had the potato tipsy and I had the matchsticks fries. Although the serving size of the fries was more than enough for one person, the were not salty and thus delicious. The deserts are huge but very good. I was able to take some of it home with me. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AdditionEilat59Dined on 9/6/2014Oceanaire is a great addition to the Bergen County restaurant scene. Food is delicious, the room is actually very glamorous with blue lighting and the service is profession and polished. My only issue is the wait time for the good once ordered - it's inconsistent at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a lot of fine tuningBabsDined on 9/1/2014Waited 30 minutes before drink order was taken, calamari appetizer soggy, oysters Rockefeller all spinach filling, salads were good, crab cakes ok. Baracundi tasteless, tuna was ok, scallops were ok, creme brûlée very watery, and baked alaska too minty and meringue was not cooked. No one asked if we wanted a second bottle of wine, and we were never approached to ask if we wanted anything else, and got no seconds of anything. I have been to oceannaire in dallas, tx, and that is a spectacular place. Hackensack is not. Was very disappointed.
- NeilVIPDined on 9/1/2014We went for Happy Hour and left very happy. Delicious food and good libations.Special Features:
- Great place!LFalkVIPDined on 8/31/2014You should try their Happy Hour as the appetizers are amazing and the drinks are reduced prices! Fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I are working our way through the menu. It's our special date place and becoming our favorite. We've enjoyed every appetizer and entry that we've had so farSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second attempt here a little betterffergVIPDined on 8/17/2014My first experience here in April was a disaster. The food took so long to get to the table and was average. I gave this a second try on 8/17 and I must say that the waitress was great and the food was better -- but the restaurant was empty for a Sunday brunch. I think the restaurant has great potential but can only recommend it for for Sunday brunch. Not sure if the dinner service has also gotten better. The staff are well trained on the floor. Now they have to focus on the kitchen timing.Special Features:
- JangDined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed the restaurant when it first opened more than the other night.
- wonderfulDined on 8/9/2014Service was great, it was my husband 50th birthday and they made it special, is name was on the menu so he has a keepsake to remember is big day. The serve had great knowledge of the menu, the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodnc2nyDined on 8/9/2014This was our second time there. Three out of four of us really enjoyed our meals. Oysters are fresh and delicious. Blackened Montauk swordfish was outstanding. Stuffed shrimp very, very good. The Baked Alaska was more for show than flavor. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why did it take me so long?ElaineVIPDined on 8/9/2014We used to eat here when it was McCormick & Schmick's and didn't try Oceanaire until Saturday. The food is great and the decor beautiful. My husband and I both had specials, Artic Char and Diver Scallops, and this restaurant is now on our "go to" list. A bonus would be to get Rita as your server. She's very sweet and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyWKCKDined on 8/7/2014While the food, service and ambiance were lovely, we were surprised by the prices which were quite high. That might account for the fact that the restaurant was not overly busy while we were there. Would only return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and foodShoshyDined on 8/6/2014The foos was quite good and the service was excellent. The server overheard that it was a friend's birthday so she came with a dessert... It was quite good. Again, a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food... OverpricedDPorter122Dined on 8/3/2014I fine dine frequently and the quality of the food here just does not meet the price point on the menu. Tried several dishes and nothing really wowed me to return. All entrees on menu are $30+ And a la carte. Service and ambiance was very good.Special Features:
- Good Service & FoodTeecDined on 8/3/2014The restaurant provided good service and the food was good. I was also impressed that they called me the next day to inquire about how I liked the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendor in the Suburbs.....SororitySisterSGCVIPDined on 8/1/2014My beau treated us to a splendid meal at Oceanaire Restaurant and the food was divine with impeccable service from Danielle. We look forward to visiting again with friends and family. This dining experience is a special treat. Thanks for the memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experiencecbkdineVIPDined on 8/1/2014Ate here for the first time last Friday and had an excellent experience. The food was prepared well. The service and our waiter Philip were excellent and the entire staff was attentive coming around to ask how everything was. I even received a phone call a couple of days later from the manager to ask how we enjoyed our dinner. We are going back this week.Special Features:
- never againMAC1VIPDined on 8/1/2014This was my first and last time here. Overpriced and probably the worst soft shell crabs I have ever eaten! I should have sent them back! $33.00 for one medium and one very small overcooked crabs that were not fresh! They were highly recommended by our server. The potatoes au gratin were raw and I did tell our server who conveniently forgot to remove them$ from the bill until we complained.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTEDDined on 7/31/2014The food at Oceanaire was very good, but very pricey!Special Features:
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Good food. But not great - overpriced for what you get.
- Expected more from a Landry's spotJerseyTechGuyDined on 7/26/2014We arrived early for our reservation and were seated immediately. Had water, bread and olives and pickles on the table. No one came to ask for a cocktail order for nearly 25 minutes. The waitstaff really lacked knowledge of drink menu, food menu and specials. I had to explain what Bourbon & Gingerale drink was. As the night went on the service did improve a bit. For a restaurant that said Business Casual they allowed some sloppily dressed people in which took away from the experience. Espresso was some of the most bitter and worse I've every had. This was my first and likely last time dining at The Oceanaire. Would pick Morton's over this location any day.
- Excellent!SFacchDined on 7/26/2014Unbeatable service and incredible food. The choice of entries is creative and diverse. There is something for all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Foodchuia23Dined on 7/26/2014I went for the seafood special and it was amazing. The food and wine pairing was great and the service is impeccable. I would recommend anyone to go. The happy hour menu is also good. Wish they would offer more specials :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!MandMDined on 7/19/2014The server was exceptional, knowlegable and friendly. The food was outstanding, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It made for a nice night.DinerTDined on 7/12/2014The food was very good and the atmosphere was pleasant. The waitstaff was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu, but noticeably inexperienced. Overall it was a good dinner and a nice night out.Special Features:
- Great seafood at the mallryanloralDined on 7/12/2014Riverside Square Mall now boasts one of the best seafood restaurants I've ever been to. The Oceanside Seafood Room, part of the Landry group of restaurants, has great food, an extensive wine list, with some nice ones by the glass, and is a welcome addition to Bergen County. Prices are high, but the food is impeccable. Save room at the end for the baked Alaska.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business & Special Occasions OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014This restaurant is very expensive for what it is, as is Chart House, its sister firm. Bonefish Grill, which has a similar "steak house" approach, is a much better value. I would only return for a reimbursed business meeting or some special occasion for which it was requested by my guest(s).Special Features:
- Batting 100OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014My husband and I have been here 4 times and we've been beyond satisfied each time. The service is always great and the food has exceeded our expectations. We intend to try everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstandingjtscDined on 6/27/2014The service was exceptional. Wonderful decor and a great dining experience. Every meal was wonderful. I really can't say enough as we were a party of 8 celebrating my dad's birthday. A great time and I definitely recommend Oceanaire.Special Features:
- teeboneVIPDined on 6/24/2014Living in Baltimore, I have frequented the Harbor East location many times. I went to this location with clients and was disappointed. When asked what the lobster sizes offered that evening, I was told 1" 1/4. This was at 6pm in the evening. I have regularly ordered 2" 1/2 and 3" lobsters from the Baltimore location. The other entrees ordered were tasty, but overall the experience was not what I expected.
- Elegant AtmosphereGrangeforyouDined on 6/15/2014Oceanaire is a very elegant restaurant with fabulous service and high quality food. The menu is diverse and while it focuses on "fresh fish" does offer other alternatives. Would recommend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- food all wrong and slow serviceKimm714Dined on 6/15/2014we went for fathers day brunch - we were one of the first customers there and the service was very slow. he was unsure of the brunch menu. then when someone ordered lox onions and eggs (which was on the listing as we entered the restaurant) we were told that that was no longer available. how could a seafood restaurant open for brunch not have lox? another person asked for the crab cake benedict with the eggs over medium. so not only did it take over 30 minutes to get our food (people seated after us got their food and were almost done eating when ours came) but the eggs on the benedict were poached and runny. they were sent back and 10 minutes later more poached eggs arrived. I don't think we will be back for brunch.
- Batting 100OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I have been here 3 times, twice for dinner and once for lunch...we've been more than satisfied with the food and the service has been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Went for our anniversary expecting to pay more than usual but it was very overpriced. Food was very fresh and it was a very nice restaurant ! Just felt it was a little too overpriced for what we had so will not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014Food was very good, atmosphere is always very good. Upbeat crowd, Service not the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood in Bergen Co NJOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Truly the best I've had in Bergen Co NJ when it comes to seafood!Special Features:
- The following 136 reviews are from the Oceanaire Seafood Room - Hackensack reviews archive.
- AverageTeres119Dined on 5/29/2014Tried Oceanaire 3 times already. Really was hoping each time we went we would love it but we don't. The service and food are just ok. Had several different apps ,entrees, and desserts now and none are really that good. For the prices it's definitely not worth it. We eat at upscale restaurants all the time and don't mind paying for it when the food and service are great.Special Features: