Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
1400 Arapahoe Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 3039912277x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adam Gunderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have three 50" flatscreen TV's in the bar area.
- Special Events: The Oceanaire has one private room and two semi-private rooms available for you parties or meetings. Contact our Sales and Events Coordinator for further details.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, Alaskan Steak-cut Halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)romantic (100)fit for foodies (72)notable wine list (68)good for groups (36)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Good service bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Our server was excellent but the food was very poor quality. Portions were huge but everything was overcooked and bland, including the lobster tails. There are so many better options for seafood in Denver that I would never recommend this place. You can find better seafood at a Chinese buffet or casino buffet in Las Vegas. I don't understand all of the good reviews on Open Table that lead us to eat at Oceanaire.
- Good food--European portions!climbingericDined on 8/29/2014Service and atmosphere were excellent! The food was good. I had the sockeye salmon which was warm and a bit stringy. Other dinner items like potatoes or rice must be ordered ala cart.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant WeekJLouiseVIPDined on 8/28/2014The menu for Restaurant WeeK was one of the best and the food lived up to it. Service wad great as well.Special Features:
- Food's great, but. . .JeanneRVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is one of our favorite places, so we had to go for restaurant week. The food was fabulous, as always. We ordered a bottle of wine off the sommelier's list. It wasn't particularly expensive, since it was white, but we enjoyed it. The problem came when I used my new phone app to check out the wine. It was very highly rated, as would befit a wine on the sommelier's list, but unfortunately, the app also shows the list price. The bottle had been marked up over 400%! I totally expect 200 or even 300%, but 400% is just greedy. That took my rating down to four stars from five.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Have always enjoyed everything about the Oceanaire!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Great atmosphere with romantic lighting. Fantastic service with all menu items explained. Excellent food served in a timely manner, but lots of time to linger and enjoy your dinner partner. No rush and no fuss with lots of attention.Special Features:
- Best Time YetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014In any city I go, I look for the Oceanaire. The night was so special, had 40 minutes, needed things to be perfect, flew to Denver for my first date with the best woman ever and BAM they pulled it off, perfectly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Astounding Service, Awesome foodStepherooniDined on 8/26/2014We went to Oceanaire in celebration of our anniversary. The staff all made their way to say Congrats and thanks for celebrating with them. "Happy Anniversary 8/26/14" read at the top of our personalized menu. The wine list seemed infinite, the waiter bought our dessert, the staff was polite, attentive and knowledgeable. The food was exceptional, very fresh. Our treatment was so memorable the food came second in thought. But I would go back for the Clam Chowder alone.Special Features:
- Portion & QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014As someone that has dined at the Oceanaire for the past 10 years, it's become clear that the size portions have decreased SIGNIFICANTLY and the quality just isn't what is used to be. I was really disappointed in my meal, and have been the last few times I've been there. I love the ambiance of any one of their locations, but the size and quality has really started to go down hill.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We really enjoyed our visit! The staff was amazing, the food was delicious, we really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weeksue4Dined on 8/25/2014While the food was very good, the server clearly was expected to "upsell" everything. The first thing he told us was that if we chose the Restaurant Week menu, we would "go home hungry" because of the small portions and that we might want to order a side or appetizer off the main menu to have enough to eat. Trout portion was small, but the salmon portion was larger than you get in many restaurants. Nice experience, but does make us rethink continuing to eat out during Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Denver restaurant week for summerdkmuraDined on 8/24/2014We had a small group for the summer version of Denver restaurant week and found the service to be outstanding. I choose the trout entree' but found it a bit bland. Our waiter and the manager took care of this right away, and brought me the pork belly dish instead. They were very gracious and I really appreciated their efforts. Everything else was delicious and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Went there for restaurant week. Very disappointing. Portions were SMALL, menu choices not great for a seafood restaurant. We had coho salmon - overdone, and shrimp, 4 shrimp and lots of onions and croutons to make the serving look bigger. Will not return
- Excellent dinnerToniDined on 8/24/2014Our group of 5 decided to give Oceanaire a try during Restaurant Week. We were so impressed! Food was wonderful and service excellent. We'll come again.Special Features:
- Best Meal we've had in a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014We visited Oceanaire this last weekend with a group of 6 for Restaurant Week. We all had a wonderful experience and can't find one item to not give 5 stars for. Give yourself a treat and visit Oceanaire.Special Features:
- Food was greatDaveMDined on 8/23/2014Food was great but the servings were extremely smallSpecial Features:
- AwesomeBob913Dined on 8/23/2014A friend recommended this restaurant. We were so glad she did. The food was just over-the- top good. There were four of us and each had a different entree. It was difficult for any of us to not lick the plate clean. I can't say enough about the clam chowder. It was hearty, rich with clams and bacon, and the best I've had in a long time. The lemon sorbet with fruit for dessert was the perfect finish to a great meal. I can't say enough about the service. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive, with a sense of humor that helped make this one of the best evenings we've spent in a long time. I highly recommend Oceanaire and can't wait to go back, with or without 5280.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I ate here for a date night. No complaints about the service or food. It is a little pricey but the experience great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh seafood in the mountainsfreshfoodieDined on 8/23/2014We were impressed with the freshness of the seafood which is hard to find in Denver where all seafood has to be flown in daily. We were impressed with the knowledge of the staff and the promptness of staff who were filling water glasses as soon as they were halfway full and seemed to know what we needed even before we realized we needed it. The whole experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDespDined on 8/23/2014Went for restaurant week, portions were small and waiter didn't seem very apprised of modified menu. Salmon did not come with a side, peaches in dessert were unripe. Definitely not worth $30 a person.
- Fabulous DinnerChrisVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went to Oceanaire for restaurant week. We had only been to the restaurant one other time. The atmosphere in the restaurant is fantastic and the service was also wonderful. The place has such a great vibe. Our food was also wonderful. I know restaurants get high volume during restaurant week and are mass producing many dishes but Oceanaire seemed to still take great care with their service and handling this volume. We started with the clam chowder, which was fabulous and then had salmon and the pork. Both dishes were cooked very well and were delicious. We will definitely be back during non-restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday celebrationagreatniteDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter Jason was awesome. .. answered all our questions. .. was knowledgeable and attended to our needs without us having to track him down. Was disappointed that this wasa restaurant week special and side dishes are not included with dinner. Two potato dishes and no rose. .. for a fish restaurant was very unusual. ... will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKellyDined on 8/23/2014We walked in and were greeted by everyone. Our waiter was outstanding- Rashim. The only disappointment was the menu. Being from the East coast, I expected seafood but really not many choices. What I did have was excellent. I tried my husbands salmon and it was delicious...I do not even like salmon. The place is clean, quiet with lovely music in the backround. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good....But not greatChicagoDaveDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I went there on day one of restaurant week. Staff was very friendly. Service was up and down. For the first 30 to 45 minutes it was almost as if they were sitting at the same table. For the rest of the night it was difficult to locate them. I ordered the salmon with a pesto sauce, that was more of a parsley puree. No basil or pine nuts to be seen. My wifes shrimp panzanella was also missing basil. Either the chef doesn't know certain recipes, or there was a run on basil at the market. Still it was an overall good experience...it just could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointedJJandMLDined on 8/18/2014I have been to Oceanaire many times in the past and the food and service was outstanding. This time was a very different experience. We were 1 of 4 tables for the entire restaurant. There were appetizers and entrees that were unavailable which was a surprise due to the limited number of folks at the restaurant. Additionally, our entrees were a bit well done which also surprised me.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!EMHO77Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I were on a short vacation for his birthday, and stayed at a hotel nearby. I had read great reviews about Oceanaire, so I made reservations. Are we glad we came!! The food was AMAZING — I had the salmon coho and he had the scallops and we shared the creamed corn side dish. The service was phenomenal, the waitstaff was super friendly, and the wine list — OMG! Hard to choose just one! Definitely a costly dinner - but worth the splurge. We'll be back someday! Until then, I'll be craving that salmon coho!Special Features:
- Great!millertbDined on 8/10/2014Great food! Great service! In fact, no finer service in Denver.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We have eaten at Oceanaire several times and been very pleased with it, but this last visit was absolutely the best meal we've ever had! The halibut with bleu cheese and crab was incredible! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood FavoriteckDiningDined on 8/8/2014Great experience, FRESH Fish & Crab-Delicious, Cool bar with enticing happy hour. Top-notch service.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Unobtrusive excellent service. Daniel was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in Denver dinner.FoodieFoShoDined on 8/4/2014My girlfriend and I dined late on a Monday night. The restaurant was perfect for our downtown Denver date. Our server was very knowledgeable, and walked us through the made daily menu. We went with his recommendation and started off with some oysters and wine. I had the scallops and added a lobster, simply amazing. My girlfriend went with a salmon dish. I was only allowed a few bites before she quickly devoured the dish. Even the bread was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra MileAngieRDined on 8/3/2014Oceanaire has always been our spot to go for celebrating great moments in our lives. We took our friend who is starting med school there as a celebration and he was greeted at our table with specialized menus and a personalized greeting card. It was a fantastic night and a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Pre-theater or downtown music eventDocMVIPDined on 8/2/2014Convenient, efficient with Valet parking. Pricey but good value...Special Features:
- oceanairerambodogDined on 8/1/2014The most over priced restaurant I have ever been it they are crazy the entrepreneur was $46 and not a lettuce leaf with itSpecial Features:
- My favorite fine dining in Denver!MacksreviewDined on 7/31/2014Recommend highly to anyone wanting excellent food, great service & fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service & FoodcelebrantsDined on 7/28/2014We really enjoyed our evening! In cities where there is lots of walking to be done near the restaurant, I would suggest larger water glasses or more frequent visits by the assistants pouring water! Crab cakes are always good. I'd also suggest more locally sourced fish - trout is in season and available in the areas around Denver, but instead you offer a farm raised trout from Idaho or some such place. It would be nice to support the local fishermen near your restaurants, for at least some of your offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service!WildroseDined on 7/28/2014We love the oysters at Oceanaire! The hostess, bartender and wait staff are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable--they are wonderful and very professional! We come in for a conference once a year and this is one of our favorite restaurants in Denver! Thanks for helping to make our stay memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class in every way!!JeanineDined on 7/26/2014We were treated like royalty from the time we drove up to Valet until our car was ready and waiting outside upon departure. The wine list was superb! We went to the Alaskan Seafood Wine and Food pairing event and it didn't disappoint! This was not my first time but it was my best experience! Assistant Manager was lovely, helpful, and knowledgeable! I will come again and again! This will be the restaurant I will take out-of-towners to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu sounds better than it tastesDamarisseDined on 7/25/2014Service is excellent. But food sounds better on the card than it is for real. We tried the halibut with caramelized onions, the Dynamite swordfish for entrees and the seafood platter (oyster, lobster, shrimps and Alaskan King Crab) for appetizer. We can't recommend them. If you are looking for a place with a great seafood (natural flavors and also creative preparations) I highly recommend Jax Fish House. Bread pudding (dessert) was the best part of the night.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!millertbDined on 7/22/2014The food was great! The excellent service by Ryan made the night special.Special Features: