Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
1400 Arapahoe Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 3039912277x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adam Gunderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have three 50" flatscreen TV's in the bar area.
- Special Events: The Oceanaire has one private room and two semi-private rooms available for you parties or meetings. Contact our Sales and Events Coordinator for further details.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, Alaskan Steak-cut Halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)romantic (91)fit for foodies (69)notable wine list (68)good for groups (39)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Good before/after theater optionReedelVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very good food close to DCPA. Professional service. Generic ambiance.
- Great, friendly service as always.FoodwolfeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Last Saturday evening I took the family to Oceannaire to celebrate 2 birthday's in the family. The food was great as always, although after having my king crab legs brought to me shelled, I think I'd prefer them "au natural." The crab was still delicious, just a personal preference. The staff provided impeccable service this time, just as they did last time - and the time before that. We'll be back. In fact I am eating here next week with a supplier friend during a conference. I'm looking forward to banking some more club points, courtesy of my hosts. :) The small surcharge to settle your valet as part of your tab has been removed, though I never really had an issue with it. For those who did, problem solved. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014The waiter allowed two top to move chair into aisle so the guests were perpendicular to each other. This made the well traveled aisle quite tight and we finally moved our whole table. Little attention from our waiter. The food was delicious.
- Fun afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014After seeing the afternoon showing of Pippin with my 14 year old daughter - she decided we should eat at Oceanaire. One of our favorite places to go. We hadn't been in awhile so it was the perfect suggestion. We had excellent service - our server's name was Cooper - he offered great suggestions and gave us tips on sides, etc. Our girls afternoon was capped off with a wonderful dinner with outstanding service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DMDMgreatDined on 9/11/2014I was very pleased with the menu selection. The food was cooked perfectly. The service was great. All in all a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Seafood in a Land-locked StateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014I chose Oceanaire specifically for their reputation for excellent, fresh seafood. Being from the Pacific Northwest, I find it hard to conceive of eating seafood so far from an ocean. Oceanaire was incredible. The service, the tailor-made menu for the day, as well as the old stand-bys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazeballs2GoTmeetsHPDined on 9/9/2014Great service! There when you needed them, discreet otherwise. Wonderful food; salmon, asparagus, pork loin, and chocolate brownie with ice cream!Special Features:
- Sooooooo Good!NancyVIPDined on 9/9/2014What a wonderful dining experience. The food is delicious. The service is courteous, professional, knowledgeable and attentive. A little pricier than what we usually spend but worth it.Special Features:
- Great Food! Great Service!millertbDined on 9/6/2014We can always depend on Oceanaire for a memorible evening of fabulous food and truly superior service.Special Features:
- Always Predicably Good!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014Hi, The food and service are predictably good. The food is always delicious and the Waiter staff is some of the best in Denver. We had shrimp ceviche, the Wedge Salad, Spinach bacon salad, scallops and Halibut specials. Everything was cooked to perfection and delivered in a well timed fashion. Enjoy!Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I celebrated our 18-year anniversary at the Oceanaire. The food, service, and attention to detail was outstanding! The staff had a window seat, set aside for us; menus that were printed with "Happy Anniversary" at the top and they gave it to us to keep as a memento and they also gave us a complimentary dessert. It was such a special treat for us. We can't wait to come back with our friends. Thanks to the team at Oceanaire, you set the standard!!!Special Features:
- Good service bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Our server was excellent but the food was very poor quality. Portions were huge but everything was overcooked and bland, including the lobster tails. There are so many better options for seafood in Denver that I would never recommend this place. You can find better seafood at a Chinese buffet or casino buffet in Las Vegas. I don't understand all of the good reviews on Open Table that lead us to eat at Oceanaire.
- Great dining experiencewineanddineDined on 8/30/2014Oceanaire is a great place to eat. Service was impeccable, food was wonderful, you weren't rushed, wine advice was very helpful. It is a little pricey but definitely worth it for a special occasion dinner! And it's easy walking distance to theatre and symphony. We will certainly go back!Special Features:
- All the bad comments are wrongGreatDined on 8/29/2014Just because you pay $30+ for a meal does not mean you should get a 22oz steak, you will get a GREAT plate of food, and that is exactly what we have here! Don't go and whine about how small the portions are, and any other topic related to fine dining..Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekHaloElevenDined on 8/29/2014Visited Oceanaire for Restaurant Week and was very pleased. Rolled up to the valet and received a friendly welcome. Had a Friday night reservation and did not have to wait to for seating. Service was friendly, informative, and timely. Our server recommended a Chardonnay that was on sale and featured for Restaurant week and it was fantastic. Food was very good. Took advantage of the oyster bar as well and the Blue Points were fresh and tasty. Only complaint was that the server neglected to call the valet to have our car ready, but it was an extremely minor inconvenience. Would love to go back and order off of the regular menu sometime.Special Features:
- Always great SeafoodBriarichVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful seafood and great service. Great location near the Theater too. Best trout I've ever had, and all of us had a great meal and a great time.Special Features:
- Good food--European portions!climbingericDined on 8/29/2014Service and atmosphere were excellent! The food was good. I had the sockeye salmon which was warm and a bit stringy. Other dinner items like potatoes or rice must be ordered ala cart.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant WeekJLouiseVIPDined on 8/28/2014The menu for Restaurant WeeK was one of the best and the food lived up to it. Service wad great as well.Special Features:
- Food's great, but. . .JeanneRVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is one of our favorite places, so we had to go for restaurant week. The food was fabulous, as always. We ordered a bottle of wine off the sommelier's list. It wasn't particularly expensive, since it was white, but we enjoyed it. The problem came when I used my new phone app to check out the wine. It was very highly rated, as would befit a wine on the sommelier's list, but unfortunately, the app also shows the list price. The bottle had been marked up over 400%! I totally expect 200 or even 300%, but 400% is just greedy. That took my rating down to four stars from five.Special Features:
- Fantastic!MostlyMeDined on 8/27/2014Have always enjoyed everything about the Oceanaire!Special Features:
- Bj70Dined on 8/26/2014Great atmosphere with romantic lighting. Fantastic service with all menu items explained. Excellent food served in a timely manner, but lots of time to linger and enjoy your dinner partner. No rush and no fuss with lots of attention.Special Features:
- Best Time YetCAHopperDined on 8/26/2014In any city I go, I look for the Oceanaire. The night was so special, had 40 minutes, needed things to be perfect, flew to Denver for my first date with the best woman ever and BAM they pulled it off, perfectly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Astounding Service, Awesome foodStepherooniDined on 8/26/2014We went to Oceanaire in celebration of our anniversary. The staff all made their way to say Congrats and thanks for celebrating with them. "Happy Anniversary 8/26/14" read at the top of our personalized menu. The wine list seemed infinite, the waiter bought our dessert, the staff was polite, attentive and knowledgeable. The food was exceptional, very fresh. Our treatment was so memorable the food came second in thought. But I would go back for the Clam Chowder alone.Special Features:
- Portion & QualitySeafoodROCKSDined on 8/26/2014As someone that has dined at the Oceanaire for the past 10 years, it's become clear that the size portions have decreased SIGNIFICANTLY and the quality just isn't what is used to be. I was really disappointed in my meal, and have been the last few times I've been there. I love the ambiance of any one of their locations, but the size and quality has really started to go down hill.
- Great placeluv2dineDined on 8/26/2014We really enjoyed our visit! The staff was amazing, the food was delicious, we really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weeksue4Dined on 8/25/2014While the food was very good, the server clearly was expected to "upsell" everything. The first thing he told us was that if we chose the Restaurant Week menu, we would "go home hungry" because of the small portions and that we might want to order a side or appetizer off the main menu to have enough to eat. Trout portion was small, but the salmon portion was larger than you get in many restaurants. Nice experience, but does make us rethink continuing to eat out during Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Denver restaurant week for summerdkmuraDined on 8/24/2014We had a small group for the summer version of Denver restaurant week and found the service to be outstanding. I choose the trout entree' but found it a bit bland. Our waiter and the manager took care of this right away, and brought me the pork belly dish instead. They were very gracious and I really appreciated their efforts. Everything else was delicious and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Went there for restaurant week. Very disappointing. Portions were SMALL, menu choices not great for a seafood restaurant. We had coho salmon - overdone, and shrimp, 4 shrimp and lots of onions and croutons to make the serving look bigger. Will not return
- Excellent dinnerToniDined on 8/24/2014Our group of 5 decided to give Oceanaire a try during Restaurant Week. We were so impressed! Food was wonderful and service excellent. We'll come again.Special Features:
- Best Meal we've had in a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014We visited Oceanaire this last weekend with a group of 6 for Restaurant Week. We all had a wonderful experience and can't find one item to not give 5 stars for. Give yourself a treat and visit Oceanaire.Special Features:
- Food was greatDaveMDined on 8/23/2014Food was great but the servings were extremely smallSpecial Features:
- AwesomeBob913Dined on 8/23/2014A friend recommended this restaurant. We were so glad she did. The food was just over-the- top good. There were four of us and each had a different entree. It was difficult for any of us to not lick the plate clean. I can't say enough about the clam chowder. It was hearty, rich with clams and bacon, and the best I've had in a long time. The lemon sorbet with fruit for dessert was the perfect finish to a great meal. I can't say enough about the service. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive, with a sense of humor that helped make this one of the best evenings we've spent in a long time. I highly recommend Oceanaire and can't wait to go back, with or without 5280.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I ate here for a date night. No complaints about the service or food. It is a little pricey but the experience great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh seafood in the mountainsfreshfoodieDined on 8/23/2014We were impressed with the freshness of the seafood which is hard to find in Denver where all seafood has to be flown in daily. We were impressed with the knowledge of the staff and the promptness of staff who were filling water glasses as soon as they were halfway full and seemed to know what we needed even before we realized we needed it. The whole experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDespDined on 8/23/2014Went for restaurant week, portions were small and waiter didn't seem very apprised of modified menu. Salmon did not come with a side, peaches in dessert were unripe. Definitely not worth $30 a person.
- Fabulous DinnerChrisVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went to Oceanaire for restaurant week. We had only been to the restaurant one other time. The atmosphere in the restaurant is fantastic and the service was also wonderful. The place has such a great vibe. Our food was also wonderful. I know restaurants get high volume during restaurant week and are mass producing many dishes but Oceanaire seemed to still take great care with their service and handling this volume. We started with the clam chowder, which was fabulous and then had salmon and the pork. Both dishes were cooked very well and were delicious. We will definitely be back during non-restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday celebrationagreatniteDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter Jason was awesome. .. answered all our questions. .. was knowledgeable and attended to our needs without us having to track him down. Was disappointed that this wasa restaurant week special and side dishes are not included with dinner. Two potato dishes and no rose. .. for a fish restaurant was very unusual. ... will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKellyDined on 8/23/2014We walked in and were greeted by everyone. Our waiter was outstanding- Rashim. The only disappointment was the menu. Being from the East coast, I expected seafood but really not many choices. What I did have was excellent. I tried my husbands salmon and it was delicious...I do not even like salmon. The place is clean, quiet with lovely music in the backround. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good....But not greatChicagoDaveDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I went there on day one of restaurant week. Staff was very friendly. Service was up and down. For the first 30 to 45 minutes it was almost as if they were sitting at the same table. For the rest of the night it was difficult to locate them. I ordered the salmon with a pesto sauce, that was more of a parsley puree. No basil or pine nuts to be seen. My wifes shrimp panzanella was also missing basil. Either the chef doesn't know certain recipes, or there was a run on basil at the market. Still it was an overall good experience...it just could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointedJJandMLDined on 8/18/2014I have been to Oceanaire many times in the past and the food and service was outstanding. This time was a very different experience. We were 1 of 4 tables for the entire restaurant. There were appetizers and entrees that were unavailable which was a surprise due to the limited number of folks at the restaurant. Additionally, our entrees were a bit well done which also surprised me.Special Features: