Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
1400 Arapahoe Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: (303) 991-2277
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adam Gunderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have three 50" flatscreen TV's in the bar area.
- Special Events: The Oceanaire has one private room and two semi-private rooms available for you parties or meetings. Contact our Sales and Events Coordinator for further details.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, Alaskan Steak-cut Halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (149)romantic (95)fit for foodies (92)notable wine list (83)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (24)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (13)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent dinner before the operaJankossVIPDined on 11/15/2014We were seated promptly and the service was excellent. The servings are large. I think most of the wines are pricey, although there are also some that are reasonable. It was an excellent choice for dining before the opera on a cold, snowy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as always!DJDJDJDined on 11/14/2014All around top quality as always. Food was outstanding. Crispy fried Atlantic Char is beyond words. Service was gracious, efficient and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still not as good as before Landry's acquired it.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2014Chopped salad disappointingly wilted and tasteless. Halibut a bit overcooked. C'est le vie. Only reason we went there was because of proximity to theater. Needs improvement all around before we would gladly return except on cold, icy nights. Hard to recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT noisy2paddlersVIPDined on 11/12/2014What a grand dinner we had! . It is not a loud venue. the auto reset on the software is not working; the noise level is incorrect. We had a lovely evening. Our two servers were especially attentive, informative, and very entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinners or Date NightTRexDined on 11/10/2014I went to the Oceanaire for a business dinner. The service and Food were outstanding. Beautiful Art Deco with touches of modern ambiance highlight the seafood theme inside and out. Definitely one ouf my top choices when my customers want seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good before DCPA performancesBeccaMDined on 11/8/2014The food is excellent, seafood fresh and perfectly prepared. Let them know you are going to a DCPA performance and they will make sure you are on your way in time for the curtain.Special Features:
- Outstanding!SanfanVIPDined on 11/8/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dining at Oceanaire. The service was impeccable. The food to die for. The cocktails and wine delish. We are so looking forward to our next visit. It is perfect when attending an arts or music event at the Denver Performing Arts Complex!!!Special Features:
- Very Poor ServiceDinb4ANeventDined on 11/8/2014The waiter was good, however his assitance was horriable....(Madison) She never came by our table. She poored our table water and that was all we saw of her. Prices are way inflated for what you get....you don't get alot for the price. Not sure if I will come back.Special Features:
- Decent but not our styleUSBritDined on 11/6/2014They had a table despite us being 30 minutes late which was great. We had gone on a friends recommendation but it turns out it is really not our type of restaurant. Foodie, chic and overpriced. The food we ate was good but we are used to eating similar food for half the price in a less pretentious environment. Waitress was good and made a good wine suggestion but we are unlikely to return. If you like chic, foodie, downtown restaurants then this is probably a good choice and the service was very good.Special Features:
- Good food and great serviceJanaeDined on 11/5/2014The rainbow trout Louie was perfectly cooked and tender. Our waiter was attentive and friendly and since we were seeing a show after he got us in and out quickly without rushing us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good But VERY EXPENSIVEFoodLoversDined on 11/5/2014Loved the place but it is very expensive. Roughly $100-$125 per person and that does not include wine.Special Features:
- OceanaireYumYumDined on 11/2/2014Our first time to Oceanaire but it will not be our last. Large open dining area but didn't feel naked sitting there. The fish was excellent and the waitress the best I have experienced in a long time as far as her knowledge of the menu and how she presented the recommendations. It's a bit on the pricey side but perfect for that special occasion.Special Features:
- frustratedfoodieDined on 11/2/2014One of our party had a decent entree, ahi tuna, the other two had really awful seafood, as in nowhere near fresh, oddly seasoned, and way overcookedk, even tough. This is supposed to be a good restaurant? Will never go back. What a shame because the room is beautifu, service was fine, and the location, near the DCPA is convenient.
- Still a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014Oceanaire is one of our favorite restaurants. The service was not up to par this time. Had to ask for bread and our dinner came while we were eating our salad. Last year we got a complimentary dessert for our anniversary but nothing this year except a card. The kitchen seemed out of sync but the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for JasonSpecialDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I have been here a few times. Service has always been spectacular. On Saturday we were taken care of by Jason. Ask to sit in his section. It was my husband's birthday and I mentioned it to Jason in passing. Jason brought out complimentary Baked Alaska at the end of our meal. The wine list is very impressive and my Dry Manhattan was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect celebration spotMrsTDined on 11/1/2014My two friends and I dined at Oceanaire pre-theatre and in celebration of my friend's birthday. The service was impeccable. The only negative point was the server for the table next to us was exceptionally loud with his presentation and we essentially ended up waiting for him to finish speaking to his table so that we could resume conversation at our table. I very minor annoyance overall. The food was amazing. Every dish was a delight. When we mentioned it was our friend's birthday, Irish, our oustanding server let us know she would bring a complimentary dessert. We expected something small, usual...but what we got was tableside service of Baked Alaska! A truly specatular way to end our dining experience.Special Features:
- Just OKRuralRiderVIPDined on 10/30/2014We have dined at Oceanaire before the theater a few times, but we'll look for somewhere else. The food was fine, but not really special. Wines by the glass choices are quite limited, with one priced reasonably and the other two silly expensive. Our server was very good.
- CyndeelovesdiningoutDined on 10/26/2014Scott was our waiter and he added to our evening. The food was wonderful!!
- Great service, good food, expensivegcraigVIPDined on 10/25/2014Very professional service. Food was very good. Watch out for upselling. Very very expensive and all a la carte. This place is aimed at corporate expense accounts. Amazing wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Will Never Eat There Again!neveragainDined on 10/25/2014The fried shrimp was coated in a heavy, thick, batter, which was awful, could not eat the fried shrimp. The fish & chips were good for one bite and then boring! The trout was overcooked and served cold. Later we met friends who said that they had dinner there twice and said they would never eat there again. Nor will we!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014Seafood was good, although very pricy. Steak was not worth ordering especially for the price!Special Features:
- Disappointing overallNycartsDined on 10/22/2014Oceanaire has several restaurants around the country and I have a visited a few and not been disappointed. Very fresh fish, oysters, and a menu of simple preparations and a few chef specials. Crab cake appetizer was wonderful lump crab meat but a bit too much mayo in the mix. One of the chefs specials, the Mahi Mahi with a blackened rub and butter with a bit of blue cheese mixed in. The fish arrived dried out and the butter a cold lump on top. A side of mashed potatoes could have fed 4 people (this was dining solo) and the sour cream had been added at the last so it became a cold swirl within the not-hot bowl. Very disappointing overall. A bright spot was the service --attentive and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SeafooddesimportDined on 10/20/2014Most enjoyable offering of seafood I have seen in years. The oyster selection was exceptional - flavorful, varied, totally delightful. The service is unbeatable. Incredible wait staff, all very eager to make sure dining is enjoyable. The halibut was perfectly prepared, and the wine suggestion impeccable. Definitely a repeat location.Special Features:
- Rashid Rocks!JacqueVIPDined on 10/18/2014Rashid was one of the best waiters we have encountered, but even he could not overcome the hostess, or the mediocre entrees. We arrived early and sat at the bar, by choice. The bartender was very busy and rushed but made a decent cocktail (although putting sweet vermouth in a Sazerac is questionable). At 7 we went to the hostess stand and were asked to wait a moment. Fine. but then we were shown to a table in the middle of the room, when there were other, better tables available. I asked if that was the best table she could offer and was told yes, they were very busy and this was as good as it would get unless we wanted to wait another 30 mins. The entrees, salmon and halibut, we good but underwhelming for the price. We won't return.Special Features:
- great choice for a special occasionMisterPostmanDined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent - fresh lobster, crab, cod, clam chowder, and more. We wanted a special dinner, and were not disappointed. I booked our reservations online with opentable.com , noting that it was an anniversary dinner. We enjoyed great service, including both a complimentary sampling of a fine Australian wine (my wife's home country) and a baked Alaska for dessert!Special Features:
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/17/2014Ryan, our server, was extremely friendly and knowledgable. I recommend Oceanaire for dinner for two or a large group outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Average ServicePS55Dined on 10/17/2014This was our first time at Oceanaire, a pre-symphony meal on a Friday night. They serve the freshest and best selection of seafood in the region, there's no doubt about that--we thoroughly enjoyed the food, including the sides. But, there were noticeable lapses in service--no one to refill our water glasses or clear our plates as we finished them, so we moved them to the side while we had coffee following dinner. Given the stratospheric prices, this was very disappointing. And, although they proclaimed the table they gave us to be a very good one (next to a window), it was an orphan--not in the interior of the dining room; we were on the aisle between the front door and the main dining area (better left for those with no reservations).Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayTheolddogDined on 10/16/2014Went for my daughter's birthday,. Food, service, and ambiance were very nice. We asked mgmt. if we could leave her presents and a cake platter until after the show. Were told place stayed open until 10 PM. Returned well before that to retrieve our items to find the place locked up. Fortunately an employee at the bar spotted us, opened the front door, and let us retrieve our items.Special Features:
- Fine dining experienceCOtouristDined on 10/11/2014I wanted my two sons to experience good seafood, something that was not readily available in our state when they were growing up. The swordfish and crab cakes were phenomenal. I haven't had crab cakes like this since the blue crab cakes I had in Baltimore a few years ago. The beer selection was really limited and what they had, they had run out of - at 8 PM on a Saturday evening. Our server was professional and very knowledgeable of the menu. It was a good find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceShredderDined on 10/11/2014Anything prepared as DYNAMITE was spectacular! The 2 lobster tails was a treat. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Very goodVitsDined on 10/9/2014I took a few customers to dinner here and the service was outstanding , food was very good and tasty, a little pricy for what you get, 4 scallops 42.00? At least put 6 on the plate! But everything tasted great and a greAt wine list made the evening great, I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVER PRICED AND POOR SERVICEDonotOwnaKitchenVIPDined on 10/4/2014So the wine list is good, but they have decided to mark it up 3 times versus the more standard 2 times. The service was mediocre at best from the time we entered until we left. We were 5 minutes early for our reservation and they made it out to be a big deal that there were "other people" in front of us, even though there were a lot of empty tables and we did have a reservation. So we waited and then got seated shortly after the display of "who is in charge here" . The food wasn't terrible. but wasn't great either. With all of the good restaurants in Denver, we won't be back any time soon.
- Manny11Dined on 10/4/2014the music was to loud to hear conversation with others across the table of 5. Waiter was very friendly but talked about to many things other than the menu.Special Features:
- Oceanaire always is great.RVdKDined on 10/4/2014We visit Oceanaire a few times each year on special occasions and always have an outstanding experience. This time our entrees were lobster tails and sea scallops accompanied by salads and a side dish, all perfectly prepared, and the service by Steve was professional and personable. The Excellent wine list, too. The dining area even on a weekend was not crowded, and the noise level was quite acceptable. The only downside is the $8 fee plus tip for valet parking, which might better be included in the meal tab.Special Features:
- Great Dinner before the theater.millertbDined on 10/3/2014The place for a great meal before the theater at DCPA. The seafood is always fresh and superbly prepared and the oyster selection is amazing.Special Features:
- great but expensivemikehdotusDined on 10/1/2014the food wine and service is nothing short of amazing totally worth the money how ever it was 225 dollars for 2 people, that said it is a great specail occasion place but I will likely only be there once a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The cold seafood platter as a group appitizer was wonderful. Everything was very fresh and delicious. Would definitely dine agaain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OceanaireDined on 9/28/2014it took over 10 minutes after we were sat and werent even asked our drink order. The restaurant was mostly empty and they sat everone in one row...so we left.Special Features:
- Perfect for pre-show diningMHGlassmanDined on 9/27/2014The Oceanaire has decent seafood for Denver (at our visit the crabmeat was excellent, the halibut very good, and the shrimp above average), and the selection was outstanding. The best dish was the baked, crab-stuffed shrimp with pasta. The generously-sized shrimp ceviche, though, was a bit short on shrimp and long on cucumber and tomato. Vegetable side dishes are enough to serve 3-4 people, and the deserts are large enough for 4-6, making these a la carte items reasonably priced. Interesting art deco decor. Quieter than expected. The Oceanaire's best feature, however, is its proximity to the DCPA one block away. To make it even better, diners only pay $8.00 for valet parking, and they'll even keep your car until after the show!
- All around excellence!allabouthefoodDined on 9/26/2014We had tickets to the theater so the location was spot on for us. My friend from Los Angeles was visiting and I wanted someplace more upscale to dine. The ambiance was lovely, the service and the food was excellent. All of the fish, including the oysters, was incredibly fresh and well prepared. Being able to make reservations on line was very convenient. We will absolutely return. I strongly recommend Oceanaire Seafood Room.Special Features: