Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
1400 Arapahoe Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 3039912277x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adam Gunderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have three 50" flatscreen TV's in the bar area.
- Special Events: The Oceanaire has one private room and two semi-private rooms available for you parties or meetings. Contact our Sales and Events Coordinator for further details.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, Alaskan Steak-cut Halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (141)romantic (100)notable wine list (82)fit for foodies (79)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/17/2014Ryan, our server, was extremely friendly and knowledgable. I recommend Oceanaire for dinner for two or a large group outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Average ServicePS55Dined on 10/17/2014This was our first time at Oceanaire, a pre-symphony meal on a Friday night. They serve the freshest and best selection of seafood in the region, there's no doubt about that--we thoroughly enjoyed the food, including the sides. But, there were noticeable lapses in service--no one to refill our water glasses or clear our plates as we finished them, so we moved them to the side while we had coffee following dinner. Given the stratospheric prices, this was very disappointing. And, although they proclaimed the table they gave us to be a very good one (next to a window), it was an orphan--not in the interior of the dining room; we were on the aisle between the front door and the main dining area (better left for those with no reservations).Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayTheolddogDined on 10/16/2014Went for my daughter's birthday,. Food, service, and ambiance were very nice. We asked mgmt. if we could leave her presents and a cake platter until after the show. Were told place stayed open until 10 PM. Returned well before that to retrieve our items to find the place locked up. Fortunately an employee at the bar spotted us, opened the front door, and let us retrieve our items.Special Features:
- Fine dining experienceCOtouristDined on 10/11/2014I wanted my two sons to experience good seafood, something that was not readily available in our state when they were growing up. The swordfish and crab cakes were phenomenal. I haven't had crab cakes like this since the blue crab cakes I had in Baltimore a few years ago. The beer selection was really limited and what they had, they had run out of - at 8 PM on a Saturday evening. Our server was professional and very knowledgeable of the menu. It was a good find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Anything prepared as DYNAMITE was spectacular! The 2 lobster tails was a treat. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Very goodVitsDined on 10/9/2014I took a few customers to dinner here and the service was outstanding , food was very good and tasty, a little pricy for what you get, 4 scallops 42.00? At least put 6 on the plate! But everything tasted great and a greAt wine list made the evening great, I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVER PRICED AND POOR SERVICEDonotOwnaKitchenVIPDined on 10/4/2014So the wine list is good, but they have decided to mark it up 3 times versus the more standard 2 times. The service was mediocre at best from the time we entered until we left. We were 5 minutes early for our reservation and they made it out to be a big deal that there were "other people" in front of us, even though there were a lot of empty tables and we did have a reservation. So we waited and then got seated shortly after the display of "who is in charge here" . The food wasn't terrible. but wasn't great either. With all of the good restaurants in Denver, we won't be back any time soon.
- Manny11Dined on 10/4/2014the music was to loud to hear conversation with others across the table of 5. Waiter was very friendly but talked about to many things other than the menu.Special Features:
- Oceanaire always is great.RVdKDined on 10/4/2014We visit Oceanaire a few times each year on special occasions and always have an outstanding experience. This time our entrees were lobster tails and sea scallops accompanied by salads and a side dish, all perfectly prepared, and the service by Steve was professional and personable. The Excellent wine list, too. The dining area even on a weekend was not crowded, and the noise level was quite acceptable. The only downside is the $8 fee plus tip for valet parking, which might better be included in the meal tab.Special Features:
- Great Dinner before the theater.millertbDined on 10/3/2014The place for a great meal before the theater at DCPA. The seafood is always fresh and superbly prepared and the oyster selection is amazing.Special Features:
- great but expensivemikehdotusDined on 10/1/2014the food wine and service is nothing short of amazing totally worth the money how ever it was 225 dollars for 2 people, that said it is a great specail occasion place but I will likely only be there once a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The cold seafood platter as a group appitizer was wonderful. Everything was very fresh and delicious. Would definitely dine agaain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OceanaireDined on 9/28/2014it took over 10 minutes after we were sat and werent even asked our drink order. The restaurant was mostly empty and they sat everone in one row...so we left.Special Features:
- Perfect for pre-show diningMHGlassmanDined on 9/27/2014The Oceanaire has decent seafood for Denver (at our visit the crabmeat was excellent, the halibut very good, and the shrimp above average), and the selection was outstanding. The best dish was the baked, crab-stuffed shrimp with pasta. The generously-sized shrimp ceviche, though, was a bit short on shrimp and long on cucumber and tomato. Vegetable side dishes are enough to serve 3-4 people, and the deserts are large enough for 4-6, making these a la carte items reasonably priced. Interesting art deco decor. Quieter than expected. The Oceanaire's best feature, however, is its proximity to the DCPA one block away. To make it even better, diners only pay $8.00 for valet parking, and they'll even keep your car until after the show!
- All around excellence!allabouthefoodDined on 9/26/2014We had tickets to the theater so the location was spot on for us. My friend from Los Angeles was visiting and I wanted someplace more upscale to dine. The ambiance was lovely, the service and the food was excellent. All of the fish, including the oysters, was incredibly fresh and well prepared. Being able to make reservations on line was very convenient. We will absolutely return. I strongly recommend Oceanaire Seafood Room.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014When spending more than $100.00 a person you would expect food and experience better than a Denny's but unfortunately that is what I and my friend experienced. Food was late, luke warm, looking and tasting as though it had been under the warming tray for some time, and we were late to our theatre seats with a 2 hour reservation.
- Great Dining ExperienceDenverUrbaniteDined on 9/19/2014We dined here before attending the symphony across the street. The waitstaff was excellent and informed about the menu's options, as well as the wine list. The fresh seafood, flown in daily, was the reason we went and we were not disappointed. Plus, they were gracious and wonderful about accommodating food intolerance/allergies.Special Features:
- Good before/after theater optionReedelVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very good food close to DCPA. Professional service. Generic ambiance.
- Great, friendly service as always.FoodwolfeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Last Saturday evening I took the family to Oceannaire to celebrate 2 birthday's in the family. The food was great as always, although after having my king crab legs brought to me shelled, I think I'd prefer them "au natural." The crab was still delicious, just a personal preference. The staff provided impeccable service this time, just as they did last time - and the time before that. We'll be back. In fact I am eating here next week with a supplier friend during a conference. I'm looking forward to banking some more club points, courtesy of my hosts. :) The small surcharge to settle your valet as part of your tab has been removed, though I never really had an issue with it. For those who did, problem solved. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014The waiter allowed two top to move chair into aisle so the guests were perpendicular to each other. This made the well traveled aisle quite tight and we finally moved our whole table. Little attention from our waiter. The food was delicious.
- Fun afternoonplinkoxVIPDined on 9/13/2014After seeing the afternoon showing of Pippin with my 14 year old daughter - she decided we should eat at Oceanaire. One of our favorite places to go. We hadn't been in awhile so it was the perfect suggestion. We had excellent service - our server's name was Cooper - he offered great suggestions and gave us tips on sides, etc. Our girls afternoon was capped off with a wonderful dinner with outstanding service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DMDMgreatDined on 9/11/2014I was very pleased with the menu selection. The food was cooked perfectly. The service was great. All in all a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Seafood in a Land-locked StateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014I chose Oceanaire specifically for their reputation for excellent, fresh seafood. Being from the Pacific Northwest, I find it hard to conceive of eating seafood so far from an ocean. Oceanaire was incredible. The service, the tailor-made menu for the day, as well as the old stand-bys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazeballs2GoTmeetsHPDined on 9/9/2014Great service! There when you needed them, discreet otherwise. Wonderful food; salmon, asparagus, pork loin, and chocolate brownie with ice cream!Special Features:
- Sooooooo Good!NancyVIPDined on 9/9/2014What a wonderful dining experience. The food is delicious. The service is courteous, professional, knowledgeable and attentive. A little pricier than what we usually spend but worth it.Special Features:
- Great Food! Great Service!millertbDined on 9/6/2014We can always depend on Oceanaire for a memorible evening of fabulous food and truly superior service.Special Features:
- Always Predicably Good!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014Hi, The food and service are predictably good. The food is always delicious and the Waiter staff is some of the best in Denver. We had shrimp ceviche, the Wedge Salad, Spinach bacon salad, scallops and Halibut specials. Everything was cooked to perfection and delivered in a well timed fashion. Enjoy!Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I celebrated our 18-year anniversary at the Oceanaire. The food, service, and attention to detail was outstanding! The staff had a window seat, set aside for us; menus that were printed with "Happy Anniversary" at the top and they gave it to us to keep as a memento and they also gave us a complimentary dessert. It was such a special treat for us. We can't wait to come back with our friends. Thanks to the team at Oceanaire, you set the standard!!!Special Features:
- Good service bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Our server was excellent but the food was very poor quality. Portions were huge but everything was overcooked and bland, including the lobster tails. There are so many better options for seafood in Denver that I would never recommend this place. You can find better seafood at a Chinese buffet or casino buffet in Las Vegas. I don't understand all of the good reviews on Open Table that lead us to eat at Oceanaire.
- Great dining experiencewineanddineDined on 8/30/2014Oceanaire is a great place to eat. Service was impeccable, food was wonderful, you weren't rushed, wine advice was very helpful. It is a little pricey but definitely worth it for a special occasion dinner! And it's easy walking distance to theatre and symphony. We will certainly go back!Special Features:
- All the bad comments are wrongGreatDined on 8/29/2014Just because you pay $30+ for a meal does not mean you should get a 22oz steak, you will get a GREAT plate of food, and that is exactly what we have here! Don't go and whine about how small the portions are, and any other topic related to fine dining..Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekHaloElevenDined on 8/29/2014Visited Oceanaire for Restaurant Week and was very pleased. Rolled up to the valet and received a friendly welcome. Had a Friday night reservation and did not have to wait to for seating. Service was friendly, informative, and timely. Our server recommended a Chardonnay that was on sale and featured for Restaurant week and it was fantastic. Food was very good. Took advantage of the oyster bar as well and the Blue Points were fresh and tasty. Only complaint was that the server neglected to call the valet to have our car ready, but it was an extremely minor inconvenience. Would love to go back and order off of the regular menu sometime.Special Features:
- Always great SeafoodBriarichVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful seafood and great service. Great location near the Theater too. Best trout I've ever had, and all of us had a great meal and a great time.Special Features:
- Good food--European portions!climbingericDined on 8/29/2014Service and atmosphere were excellent! The food was good. I had the sockeye salmon which was warm and a bit stringy. Other dinner items like potatoes or rice must be ordered ala cart.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant WeekJLouiseVIPDined on 8/28/2014The menu for Restaurant WeeK was one of the best and the food lived up to it. Service wad great as well.Special Features:
- Food's great, but. . .JeanneRVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is one of our favorite places, so we had to go for restaurant week. The food was fabulous, as always. We ordered a bottle of wine off the sommelier's list. It wasn't particularly expensive, since it was white, but we enjoyed it. The problem came when I used my new phone app to check out the wine. It was very highly rated, as would befit a wine on the sommelier's list, but unfortunately, the app also shows the list price. The bottle had been marked up over 400%! I totally expect 200 or even 300%, but 400% is just greedy. That took my rating down to four stars from five.Special Features:
- Fantastic!MostlyMeDined on 8/27/2014Have always enjoyed everything about the Oceanaire!Special Features:
- Bj70Dined on 8/26/2014Great atmosphere with romantic lighting. Fantastic service with all menu items explained. Excellent food served in a timely manner, but lots of time to linger and enjoy your dinner partner. No rush and no fuss with lots of attention.Special Features:
- Best Time YetCAHopperDined on 8/26/2014In any city I go, I look for the Oceanaire. The night was so special, had 40 minutes, needed things to be perfect, flew to Denver for my first date with the best woman ever and BAM they pulled it off, perfectly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Astounding Service, Awesome foodStepherooniDined on 8/26/2014We went to Oceanaire in celebration of our anniversary. The staff all made their way to say Congrats and thanks for celebrating with them. "Happy Anniversary 8/26/14" read at the top of our personalized menu. The wine list seemed infinite, the waiter bought our dessert, the staff was polite, attentive and knowledgeable. The food was exceptional, very fresh. Our treatment was so memorable the food came second in thought. But I would go back for the Clam Chowder alone.Special Features: