Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
13340 Dallas Parkway, Suite 1369
Dallas, TX 75240Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 9727592277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM Sunday: 5PM - 9PM Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marc Morton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)romantic (62)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (41)good for groups (32)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Overall dinning experience was great!! The vibe of the restaurant and decor was very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Oceanaire was great. Fabulous food, easy relaxed atmosphere, outstanding service without a whiff of snooty. Not too noisy.Special Features:
- Meh!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/16/2014over priced and the ultimate sin......over cooked fish. If I am paying $35 for a fillet of fish, then I should not need a knife to eat it!! The sides and the appetizers were good.
- Poor servicejackRippDined on 10/11/2014Bad service. Argumentive waiter. We did not get what we wanted because the waiter did not accommodate our requests and reluctantly communicated our inquiries to the chef.Special Features:
- Good foodFoodieDined on 10/5/2014Oceanaire is a great place for special occasions. It's pricey, but great seafood. I would recommend smaller plates for women, as it's a large quantity. I ordered the shrimp and grits (hot appetizer) and a salad, and we shared a crab cake. It was still too much to eat in one sitting. The menu is quite large too, so you have many options. Don't expect to find much for non-seafood lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Seafood LoverspeteVIPDined on 10/1/2014Simply the Best Seafood in the DFW area. If you like oysters, this is the only restaurant to order them. They have a great selection, the Canadian ones are the sweetest. A new variety of fish is always on the menu, along with your classic favorites. What is unique, they will prepare the fish and the accompaniment as you want. This gives you the opportunity to mix and match your own fish tale. The serving staff is knowledgeable, and when asked about recommendations they provide great insight, since they have all personally tasted the dishes. The Art Deco shipboard feel proves to enhance the experience. For comfortable, quite and romantic conversations ask for a booth on the upper deck...Bon voyage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining experienceAvicks1Dined on 9/23/2014The oysters were the best thing on the menu! I was pleased with my meal but it has been better in the past. However, the atmosphere was nice and so was the service. I will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18AnnivDined on 9/20/2014Our servers were amazing. It was our anniversary and the staff really helped us to have a wonderful evening. They even took a couple of pictures for us. I have the say the salmon was incredible!!! Thanks so much!Special Features:
- Total disaster!MetaDocDined on 9/12/2014Well, it went wrong from the get go! The reservations I made at OpenTable did not even make it to the restaurant, I did call a few minutes before our arrival to make sure we were reserved, only to find out that we were not. They then had to swing us in, resulting in our being place at a table directly in the walking path for all waiters, line staff, and other service employees. My elbows were hit on so many occasions, that my wine split on the out of country government dignitary we were entertaining, and my pregnant wife was kneed in her stomach--all by accident, but still unacceptable! Could not get a manager to stop by the banishment table we were sitting out, to save my life, it was as if they knew we were being punished! Disgusted!
- Night OutAng1972Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I found ourselves without children on a Friday night. We decided to have an upscale, nice dinner. This was our first time at The Oceanaire, we were very pleased with everything from the moment we walked in. Thank you for helping provide a wonderful, romantic dinner for us. We will be back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining experiencebobbieDined on 9/12/2014Great food, excellent menu, beautiful restaurant. The only thing that I was dissapointed in was in the comments, when I booked reservation, I said it was my best friends birthday dinner. When they emailed me they acknowledged that it was her birthday dinner but no one ever mentioned anything about her birthday. I prefer restaurants that acknowledge the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialBandBDined on 9/7/2014Food and service consistently great anytime, especially special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The quality of the fish and the portion size was very poor considering this is their core. Steak houses have better quality with larger portions.
- Good Upscale seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014You pay more for the ambience but the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TedBVIPDined on 9/5/2014You can always depend on a reliably good meal at Oceanaire. Our very astute waiter picked up on the fact that I didn't chose the ceviche appetizer because it was cooked. In describing the fish special, cobia, he happened to mention it was sushi grade and was available as sashimi. It was fresh, crisp, and flavorful. I was pleasantly surprised by the quantity as it was similar to most cooked dishes. That much in a sushi restaurant would have been $150, yet it was priced as the other entrees. Score!! Only negative I have, which happens at some other fine dining establishments in Dallas, is the outrageous cost of valet parking after you've just dropped hundreds of dollars on dinner. Even with validation it still cost too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster roll disappointsPattyVIPDined on 9/4/2014There was enough mayo in my lobster roll for four rolls. It was saturated. I have been to Oceanaire many times and this was my first disappointment.Special Features:
- beautifullyteDined on 8/31/2014Great ambiance, food was ok. I would come back to try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteZiggysGirlDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant is one of our go to favorites, and we are never let down. The calamari appetizer is great for 4 guests. We opted for salmon and crab cakes for our entree and both were very pleased. The scalloped potatos were yummy and we had no room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Receptionist FabricationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014This was restaurant week and we had a certificate for the forth course. Before booking with this restaurant is because I called an spoke with the receptionist and confirmed that they were accepting the forth course certificate on the date of our reservation or we would select another restaurant but she said that the certificated would be accepted. However when we got there they would not accept it, this is an out right fabrication to acquire our business.
- Not ImpressedMediocreDined on 8/29/2014From the service to the food, this place was mediocre. The ambiance was the only thing, somewhat, impressive. I'll stick with places like Ocean Prime, which gives the experience I was expecting from this place. Total waste of time and money!
- FabulousFoodieMTDined on 8/25/2014We had a wonderful meal at Oceanaire. Great bottle of wine suggested by the chef for a reasonable price. The fish was fresh and the combinations were wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent & so much more!!CRenaeDined on 8/24/2014Our server and the service staff were amazing. They made the environment warm and inviting by providing outstanding customer service. The food was fresh and tasted superb. I would recommend Oceanaire Seafood Room to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedMri34VIPDined on 8/23/2014The New England clam chowder, salad, bread, and shells and cheese were good. The black and blue trout, Wagyu beef and our desserts left us disappointed. We will most likely not return since this restaurant is expensive.Special Features:
- Average Food, Noisy, ExpensivetrophywifestephDined on 8/23/2014I had heard about Oceanside for years and finally tried it. I was surprised when I walked through the doors at how noisy it was. And it's expensive, "but surely it'll be worth it" I told myself. Unfortunately I was wrong. The food (clam chowder and shrimp and grits (was that brown sauce from a can?) were average at best. To summarize: noisy, expensive and average food. Service was good though.
- CelebrationMellyMel84Dined on 8/23/2014I celebrated my 30th birthday here and it was absolutely wonderful!! The service and food was great. Not to mention they customized the menu to read Happy Birthday to me. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server Mia was fabulous!SuzanneVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had Mia the last time we were there and she remembered what we like! Very attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to par with past experiencesMsMouseDined on 8/23/2014Service was great although attention needs to be paid to the staff's uniforms to be sure they are pressed & crisp. The food was disappointing compared to many other experiences we have had at Oceanaire. Sauces, thick breading and heavy blackening overshadowed the food's natural flavors instead of enhancing them. We believe this experience to be an exception rather than the rule so we will return to see if our hunch is correct.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening! Dinner was great, service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experience was average.Mo357Dined on 8/17/2014Service was very good. Clam chowder was supurb, trout NOT so much, and sorbet good. One in party brought food up twice in restaurant's restroom and frequented the toilet at home throughout the night there after. We will NOT be returning.Special Features:
- Decent but not GreatJDH9611Dined on 8/16/2014Feels like a chain restaurant. Food is good but overpriced. Service lacking. Waitress never brought bread, forgot silver ware after clearing appetizers, very FAKE sincerity from staff. I'd go back if somebody else was paying. The food was good - but not a good value and the service and atmosphere didn't compensate for that.Special Features:
- Typical Landry's Mediocre QualitysusangrphxDined on 8/16/2014We started with an acceptable ceviche. Our friend had crab cakes. They had a lot of crab, but were not crispy at all. We had the restaurant week appetizers - avocado salad & clam chowder. Both were delicious. Our main courses were the barbecue shrimp & grits and wagyu sirloin. My shrimp was over cooked; my grits were gummy. Normally we adore wagyu, but this was not any better than any other steak. Our friend shared some of her halibut with a smoked sauce - too smoky & the halibut was overcooked. Our restaurant week desserts - blueberry bread pudding and Smores Chocolate Mousse - were literally inedible. We didn't eat them. Our friends had a chocolate cake that was OK. Overall, I would likely not return except to try the raw oyster bar.
- FABULOUSNATENIGHTFUNDined on 8/15/2014My favorite restaurant in Dallas, the food is beyond delicious! Nate was our waiter...he was amazingly amazing! He was fun, friendly, honest, helpful, and he made our evening feel like we had just made a new friend! The food is always to die for, so fresh and yummy! Thanks for a wonderful night! If you get lucky, you will get to meet Nate too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014We took my mom and stepdad here to celebrate their 20th anniversary and it was great. They printed special menus with a "happy anniversary " greeting at the top and congratulated them on their anniversary. Service was very attentive, food was excellent and although it was a vibrant scene, it wasn't too loud to carry on a conversation. Seafood is very fresh with so much to choose from. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Accommodating staff, pretty settingMeddlesomeMomDined on 8/15/2014We reserved a table near the entrance, in a quiet area. The hostess seating us made sure that our party was comfortably situated, including our guest of honor, an older person with a walker. We enjoyed the ambience. It's bright enough for anyone to read the menu! Our food was reasonably good--fresh oysters especially tasty. My halibut was cooked overlong and dry--my only real complaint, but at over $40 a serving, I'd hoped for better.Special Features:
- splendid as alwaysTwiceOnTuesdaysDined on 8/15/2014I have visited about six Oceanires and continue to always enjoy my experience. Service is always top-notch and the quality of seafood is typically excellent with an obsession to quality. Wonderful ambiance and wine list. I will say that my most recent experience was a bit of an aberration considering the Maine sea scallops I ordered were rubber-like. I did not want to send them back but would have been justified in doing so. Everyone else's food was terrific (one had halibut, another sole, and another had crab legs). We were celebrating my niece's 17th birthday and the wait staff made for such a fun and memorable evening.... in spite of the subpar scallops, I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Date NightKDowneyDined on 8/14/2014Date Night was a hit! Thanks to Daniel for being such an attentive, but not to imposing server. Atmosphere, food & service, a real experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for business lunchToddDined on 8/14/2014My first visit to Oceanaire. We had a lunch meeting with a new client and found the atmosphere, food, and service to be excellent. A big plus was the ability to hold a conversation at normal levels which is not possible at the more popular restaurants. The ambience is upscale and this would be a nice place to have dinner with friends or a significant otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not outstanding but great serviceSugasmommaDined on 8/13/2014We went to the Oceanaire for the first time to take advantage of a gift card and restaurant week. The oysters, which are one of the premiere items on the menu were nothing special. My husband ordered the halibut. It was very good but a very small portion for the price!! I had shrimp & grits which were yummy. The bread tasted like it had been warmed up in the microwave...spongy & chewy. The desserts were average. Our server was very knowledgeable, We won't return.Special Features:
- Excellent 4 1/2 StartsJoey9999Dined on 8/11/2014Excellent and Fresh Seafood - great wait staff - great ambiance
- Great food and service!CSalDined on 8/11/2014Our waiter, Nathan, was phenomenal! He was knowledgeable about the menu and made our experience extremely enjoyable! We will definitely be back.Special Features: