Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
13340 Dallas Parkway, Suite 1369
Dallas, TX 75240Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: (972) 759-2277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM Sunday: 5PM - 9PM Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marc Morton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)fit for foodies (64)romantic (55)notable wine list (40)good for groups (33)great for lunch (19)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Love Oceanaire's seafoodclarkyDined on 11/21/2014We love it so much we go back each year for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Food was incredible. Was recommended by a family member. You get what you pay for and you be paying quite a bit. A double crown and coke 20.00. You can buy a bottle for that. Food though will make up for anything negative. Service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewbieBJJKDined on 11/15/2014As a first time guest, I was very impressed and pleased. From the time we entered the room until we left, our overall experience will make us a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent and always deliciousHard2pleaseDined on 11/13/2014We visit Oceanaire 1-2x a month. It's consistently good, service is very attentive and the menu varied enough to either eat super-healthy or indulge. So that makes it great for people with varied tastes and diets. Nice wine list with good selections at all price points, Oh, and the servers are professional. Never intrusive, but always there. They will chat it up and make it fun, or leave you alone for quiet conversation - and they can tell in an instant which one you want. Obviously it's one of our favorites - not cheap, but you get what you pay for and Oceanaire is a good value from that perspective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineCarlosVIPDined on 11/13/2014Everything excellent, except for the dining room temperature which is always too coldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/13/2014They forgot the salad dressing. They completely messed up one of our entrée orders and there were periods where are waiter 'went missing'.
- DisappointedVladiDined on 11/12/2014Been here several times before but this time I was disappointed. First sat at the bar where we had a snack and a drink. Great happy hour special. When seated at table, area was freezing, we had some undercooked fish and free stale desert for my wife's birthday. Considering the steep, and I mean steep, prices for what you get, Oceanair will not be my first choice for a steak or fish going forward. Happy hour only - more likely.Special Features:
- Great service..not great foodFoodjunkieDined on 11/8/2014The service was impeccable, however the food was only seafood, with the exception of steak (I didn't mind but my son did) and the food which was already pricey came a la carte and you had to fork over another $12 for a side.Special Features:
- Higher ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014The food was not awesome. The service was a downer. Bisque was as salty S soy sauce, we didn't even eat it, even after we sent it back for being too cold. The waiter didn't even offer to have it removed from the bill. $100 surf and turf plate with lobster so tough and chewy we didn't eat that either! The waiter wasn't engaging, he did his job and moved on. When asked about favorites and specials, we got nothing. He clearly hates his job. We drove over an hr to get to the restaurant and will never do that again!Special Features:
- DisappointedPeter200Dined on 11/8/2014I have eaten at Oceanaire probably 20 times but Saturday night was disappointing.Service was very slow and the fish I ordered was over done.Additionally I received an email news letter for Oceanaire featuring the Nantucket Scallops that were not available and I went early too!
- PamEDined on 11/8/2014This was our 2nd visit - we brought friends to thank them for all they do for us. The food was outstanding - everyone was very pleased. It is a special occasion place, as it is pricey, but worth it!Special Features:
- Good food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The food was very good and the wineany to chose from. We sat in the balcony area. It was very romantic and secluded even though open. Tammy and other staff was great!! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryBanjoVIPDined on 11/7/2014We had a great time, the table setting was great. The energy of waiter was very good and helpful. Very accommodating for our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice grown up restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The fried asparagus appetizer was amazing! Celebrated my husband's birthday there last week. Good was great and we will return. Service was fine except for when it came to the bill. It took three times for the server to give us the correct bill and it was still wrong in the end but we just went ahead and paid it. Loved that there were no kids there but it may have been the time of day we were there...3 pm on a Friday afternoon. Will definitely return as we are Landry members...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabsVIPDined on 11/2/2014Crab cakes wonderful, salad was enough to share between 2. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Very good food, nice ambiance and pleasant staff. Service at times was a little slow (had to ask for water refill, soda had to be reminded to bring after a long wait), but was a great experience overall and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food MediocreCaptainVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food was mediocre - nothing special. Three diners had the wild salmon - all cooked beyond medium. Perhaps they sat under a heat lamp. The seared scallops were perfectly cooked, but $40 for a plate with 4 scallops and nothing more other than a lemon wedge seems a bit much. The salads were nothing special - lots of lettuce and not much else. Although this is a nice place, the crowd seems to have trended downward to very casual mall shoppers - not at all an upscale crowd. If you are looking for a first-class seafood meal, look further.
- Somewhat disappointedJohnDined on 10/31/2014We went to Oceanaire, one of our favorite restaurants, because of a special they were running - 2 6oz. lobster tails for $39. We went specifically for this. It was Friday, we arrived at 8:00 p.m., and the restaurant was not especially busy. Only to be informed they "ran out" of the special. No one made any effort to offer us any other special or try to make it up in any way. We still had dinner, and it was good - Oceanaire is consistent this way. Still - very disappointing. We are regulars there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A home run this timelittlebossDined on 10/30/2014I have eaten at the Oceanaire in Dallas ~ 15 times. It seems there is no middle ground. Last evening the food was splendid: the grouper, scallops, redfish, and mahi mahi were all exquisite. The bad times I have had here occurred when too much heavy or non-fish friendly toppings were piled on. But when they get it right, man, do they get it right!Special Features:
- Great serviceLisaVIPDined on 10/29/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience. Blake (or Blike) was our server and he was very knowledgeable about the menu and attentive yet provided us the right amount of privacy. The additional wait staff were excellent also. I have been to Oceanaire on many occasions with fairly large work groups and with small groups of friends and the food is consistently good and you can tell the wait staff take pride in their job and the service they provide. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodSeafoodieDined on 10/25/2014The selection of oysters on then half shell is superb, fresh; the knowledgeable staff had perfect recommendations and answered our questions in detail. The meal was excellent as well, fresh fish with a wide variety. We had a small group, but Oceanaire can accomodate a romanatic dinner for two, or large groups. If you love seafood this place is a must.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureBabsVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food was great, wine list abundant, service fast and friendly, a wonderful place for dinner or party. Recommend highly.Special Features:
- Going Downhill?advchknVIPDined on 10/25/2014We frequently went there for special occasions, but was very disappointed in the last trip. The food wasn't as good, the service wasn't as good.
- Oceanaire DallasJRthekidVIPDined on 10/25/2014We either had a new waiter or just an incompetent server...we waited nearly 20 min for anyone to acknowledge we were there...and only after I went to the bartender to inquire if anyone was assigned to our table. The restaurant was not busy and plenty of folks were walking around. Fortunately the bus staff was on it...at least we had water, bread and crudités basket. To his credit, the asst manager did come by to apologize and offered us an appetizer. We ended up with another server to take our food order and both he and the manager checked in with us often. The food was average...this place is slipping.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Special!!TravelNDineDined on 10/24/2014Once again the Oceanaire proved to be spectacular. Had a great waiter, Nate, and went with all his recommendations for the evening and it was everything we could do not to lick the plates clean. If you have not tried The Oceanaire you are missing out!Special Features:
- relaxing evening with great foodluvnlifeDined on 10/23/2014We really enjoyed our first time there. The food was great and it was such a pleasure not to be rushed. It was recommended to me by a friend and turned out to be the perfect place for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyDined on 10/21/2014As always this restaurant has wonderful food from beginning to end. I have never been disappointed. Always recommend this to get your money's worth, dependable service, and delicious food.Special Features:
- ImpressGoldenFlashDined on 10/20/2014Oceanaire has been my seafood restaurant for at least the past 3 years. The food and service has always been exceptional. It is the first place I think of and recommend whenever choosing a seafood experience. It is also a great place to entertain for business purposes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and foodseafoodfoodieDined on 10/18/2014Overall dinning experience was great!! The vibe of the restaurant and decor was very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back.cbhaggDined on 10/17/2014Oceanaire was great. Fabulous food, easy relaxed atmosphere, outstanding service without a whiff of snooty. Not too noisy.Special Features:
- Meh!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/16/2014over priced and the ultimate sin......over cooked fish. If I am paying $35 for a fillet of fish, then I should not need a knife to eat it!! The sides and the appetizers were good.
- Poor servicejackRippDined on 10/11/2014Bad service. Argumentive waiter. We did not get what we wanted because the waiter did not accommodate our requests and reluctantly communicated our inquiries to the chef.Special Features:
- Good foodFoodieDined on 10/5/2014Oceanaire is a great place for special occasions. It's pricey, but great seafood. I would recommend smaller plates for women, as it's a large quantity. I ordered the shrimp and grits (hot appetizer) and a salad, and we shared a crab cake. It was still too much to eat in one sitting. The menu is quite large too, so you have many options. Don't expect to find much for non-seafood lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Seafood LoverspeteVIPDined on 10/1/2014Simply the Best Seafood in the DFW area. If you like oysters, this is the only restaurant to order them. They have a great selection, the Canadian ones are the sweetest. A new variety of fish is always on the menu, along with your classic favorites. What is unique, they will prepare the fish and the accompaniment as you want. This gives you the opportunity to mix and match your own fish tale. The serving staff is knowledgeable, and when asked about recommendations they provide great insight, since they have all personally tasted the dishes. The Art Deco shipboard feel proves to enhance the experience. For comfortable, quite and romantic conversations ask for a booth on the upper deck...Bon voyage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining experienceAvicks1Dined on 9/23/2014The oysters were the best thing on the menu! I was pleased with my meal but it has been better in the past. However, the atmosphere was nice and so was the service. I will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18AnnivDined on 9/20/2014Our servers were amazing. It was our anniversary and the staff really helped us to have a wonderful evening. They even took a couple of pictures for us. I have the say the salmon was incredible!!! Thanks so much!Special Features:
- Total disaster!MetaDocDined on 9/12/2014Well, it went wrong from the get go! The reservations I made at OpenTable did not even make it to the restaurant, I did call a few minutes before our arrival to make sure we were reserved, only to find out that we were not. They then had to swing us in, resulting in our being place at a table directly in the walking path for all waiters, line staff, and other service employees. My elbows were hit on so many occasions, that my wine split on the out of country government dignitary we were entertaining, and my pregnant wife was kneed in her stomach--all by accident, but still unacceptable! Could not get a manager to stop by the banishment table we were sitting out, to save my life, it was as if they knew we were being punished! Disgusted!
- Night OutAng1972Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I found ourselves without children on a Friday night. We decided to have an upscale, nice dinner. This was our first time at The Oceanaire, we were very pleased with everything from the moment we walked in. Thank you for helping provide a wonderful, romantic dinner for us. We will be back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining experiencebobbieDined on 9/12/2014Great food, excellent menu, beautiful restaurant. The only thing that I was dissapointed in was in the comments, when I booked reservation, I said it was my best friends birthday dinner. When they emailed me they acknowledged that it was her birthday dinner but no one ever mentioned anything about her birthday. I prefer restaurants that acknowledge the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialBandBDined on 9/7/2014Food and service consistently great anytime, especially special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.