Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
13340 Dallas Parkway, Suite 1369
Dallas, TX 75240Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 9727592277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM Sunday: 5PM - 9PM Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marc Morton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)romantic (73)fit for foodies (67)notable wine list (50)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- FabulousFoodieMTDined on 8/25/2014We had a wonderful meal at Oceanaire. Great bottle of wine suggested by the chef for a reasonable price. The fish was fresh and the combinations were wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent & so much more!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Our server and the service staff were amazing. They made the environment warm and inviting by providing outstanding customer service. The food was fresh and tasted superb. I would recommend Oceanaire Seafood Room to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedMri34VIPDined on 8/23/2014The New England clam chowder, salad, bread, and shells and cheese were good. The black and blue trout, Wagyu beef and our desserts left us disappointed. We will most likely not return since this restaurant is expensive.Special Features:
- Average Food, Noisy, ExpensivetrophywifestephDined on 8/23/2014I had heard about Oceanside for years and finally tried it. I was surprised when I walked through the doors at how noisy it was. And it's expensive, "but surely it'll be worth it" I told myself. Unfortunately I was wrong. The food (clam chowder and shrimp and grits (was that brown sauce from a can?) were average at best. To summarize: noisy, expensive and average food. Service was good though.
- CelebrationMellyMel84Dined on 8/23/2014I celebrated my 30th birthday here and it was absolutely wonderful!! The service and food was great. Not to mention they customized the menu to read Happy Birthday to me. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server Mia was fabulous!SuzanneVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had Mia the last time we were there and she remembered what we like! Very attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to par with past experiencesMsMouseDined on 8/23/2014Service was great although attention needs to be paid to the staff's uniforms to be sure they are pressed & crisp. The food was disappointing compared to many other experiences we have had at Oceanaire. Sauces, thick breading and heavy blackening overshadowed the food's natural flavors instead of enhancing them. We believe this experience to be an exception rather than the rule so we will return to see if our hunch is correct.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening! Dinner was great, service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experience was average.Mo357Dined on 8/17/2014Service was very good. Clam chowder was supurb, trout NOT so much, and sorbet good. One in party brought food up twice in restaurant's restroom and frequented the toilet at home throughout the night there after. We will NOT be returning.Special Features:
- Decent but not GreatJDH9611Dined on 8/16/2014Feels like a chain restaurant. Food is good but overpriced. Service lacking. Waitress never brought bread, forgot silver ware after clearing appetizers, very FAKE sincerity from staff. I'd go back if somebody else was paying. The food was good - but not a good value and the service and atmosphere didn't compensate for that.Special Features:
- Typical Landry's Mediocre QualitysusangrphxDined on 8/16/2014We started with an acceptable ceviche. Our friend had crab cakes. They had a lot of crab, but were not crispy at all. We had the restaurant week appetizers - avocado salad & clam chowder. Both were delicious. Our main courses were the barbecue shrimp & grits and wagyu sirloin. My shrimp was over cooked; my grits were gummy. Normally we adore wagyu, but this was not any better than any other steak. Our friend shared some of her halibut with a smoked sauce - too smoky & the halibut was overcooked. Our restaurant week desserts - blueberry bread pudding and Smores Chocolate Mousse - were literally inedible. We didn't eat them. Our friends had a chocolate cake that was OK. Overall, I would likely not return except to try the raw oyster bar.
- FABULOUSNATENIGHTFUNDined on 8/15/2014My favorite restaurant in Dallas, the food is beyond delicious! Nate was our waiter...he was amazingly amazing! He was fun, friendly, honest, helpful, and he made our evening feel like we had just made a new friend! The food is always to die for, so fresh and yummy! Thanks for a wonderful night! If you get lucky, you will get to meet Nate too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014We took my mom and stepdad here to celebrate their 20th anniversary and it was great. They printed special menus with a "happy anniversary " greeting at the top and congratulated them on their anniversary. Service was very attentive, food was excellent and although it was a vibrant scene, it wasn't too loud to carry on a conversation. Seafood is very fresh with so much to choose from. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Accommodating staff, pretty settingMeddlesomeMomDined on 8/15/2014We reserved a table near the entrance, in a quiet area. The hostess seating us made sure that our party was comfortably situated, including our guest of honor, an older person with a walker. We enjoyed the ambience. It's bright enough for anyone to read the menu! Our food was reasonably good--fresh oysters especially tasty. My halibut was cooked overlong and dry--my only real complaint, but at over $40 a serving, I'd hoped for better.Special Features:
- splendid as alwaysTwiceOnTuesdaysDined on 8/15/2014I have visited about six Oceanires and continue to always enjoy my experience. Service is always top-notch and the quality of seafood is typically excellent with an obsession to quality. Wonderful ambiance and wine list. I will say that my most recent experience was a bit of an aberration considering the Maine sea scallops I ordered were rubber-like. I did not want to send them back but would have been justified in doing so. Everyone else's food was terrific (one had halibut, another sole, and another had crab legs). We were celebrating my niece's 17th birthday and the wait staff made for such a fun and memorable evening.... in spite of the subpar scallops, I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Date NightKDowneyDined on 8/14/2014Date Night was a hit! Thanks to Daniel for being such an attentive, but not to imposing server. Atmosphere, food & service, a real experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for business lunchToddDined on 8/14/2014My first visit to Oceanaire. We had a lunch meeting with a new client and found the atmosphere, food, and service to be excellent. A big plus was the ability to hold a conversation at normal levels which is not possible at the more popular restaurants. The ambience is upscale and this would be a nice place to have dinner with friends or a significant otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not outstanding but great serviceSugasmommaDined on 8/13/2014We went to the Oceanaire for the first time to take advantage of a gift card and restaurant week. The oysters, which are one of the premiere items on the menu were nothing special. My husband ordered the halibut. It was very good but a very small portion for the price!! I had shrimp & grits which were yummy. The bread tasted like it had been warmed up in the microwave...spongy & chewy. The desserts were average. Our server was very knowledgeable, We won't return.Special Features:
- Excellent 4 1/2 StartsJoey9999Dined on 8/11/2014Excellent and Fresh Seafood - great wait staff - great ambiance
- Great food and service!CSalDined on 8/11/2014Our waiter, Nathan, was phenomenal! He was knowledgeable about the menu and made our experience extremely enjoyable! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Terribly DisappointingPottressVIPDined on 8/10/2014I invited 2 friends to join me here for dinner to kick off Restaurant Week. The food was mediocre at best. I've only eaten here twice and that has been my experience both occasions. I doubt I'll ever return.
- Restaurant Week ChoiceHungry1Dined on 8/10/2014My choice for Restaurant Week turned into a disappointment. There were 7 in our party, we tried everything on the special menu but the steak. We don't eat spicy- so the entrees marked "Dirty" had the sauces and spices on the side. The trout was dry and came on the plate with a sprig of parsley. The salmon, also dry, came with some rice. The shrimp were tasteless according to my husband, but came with rice. We started with clam chowder- the only success of the night. The desserts - sorbet: very good, PB&J donuts were stale, bread pudding with blueberry compote was dry. If this meal was designed to get us back- it failed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014This is our special occasion restaurant. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Love this place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014I always look forward to a special celebration due to the fact our family picks this place over all other restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Fresh & DeliciousMaryJDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here, and it was lovely. We each had Chef's Selections - mine was sockeye salmon with fried rice, his was the scallops with mushroom risotto. I had the clam chowder as an appetizer and it was wonderful. I gave 3 stars for ambience only because I could've done without the TV screens. They weren't too terribly loud but seemed out of place for such a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014Everything was spectacular! Don't miss the crab cake appetizer!Special Features:
- AcereDined on 7/31/2014Food was not worth the $325 that I paid for two persons (fish was over cooked and veggies too salty) and our server was too busy talking with another couple during our entire time at the restaurant on 07/31/2014. He apparently knew them from a previous visit. It was so bad that we heard the other couple tell our server that maybe he should ignore all their questions and go attend his other patrons. The restaurant could certainly use better cleaning. Our booth had several food spots on the seating surfaces. The Oceanaire in Denver, Colorado was superior to the Dallas restaurant in every aspect.
- Special DinnerKentDined on 7/27/2014We highly enjoyed the special Alaskan beer pairing dinner the food was great! The mussels were the best we have ever had. The Black Cod risotto, and King Salmon were also two others that we thoroughly enjoyed and look forward to having in the future. The beer was well paired, also. We look forward to our next visit and any beer or wine dinners.Special Features:
- best seafood and serviceHosteenDined on 7/27/2014For the entire DFW area you cannot beat Oceanaire Dallas for quality food and service.year roundSpecial Features:
- Alaskan Brew Dinner-GREAT!pamporter600Dined on 7/26/2014My guests from Australia were very impressed with the quality of the food, the service and the selection. Thanks!Special Features:
- First visitjohnincarrolltonDined on 7/26/2014This was our first visit but we had a very enjoyable dinner. We shared the crab cake appetizer and were very impressed. the bread was delicious but the waiter didn't know where it came from. he also referred to the relish tray as a radish tray. i enjoyed the copper river salmon knowing it was the end of the season. served with Brussel sprouts and bacon, it was very flavorful. my wife had the same topping for her trout and it was very good. Because of its location at the Westin, using, and paying for valet parking ($7 with restaurant validation) , plus tip, was an expense i would prefer not to have.Special Features:
- Seafood wasn't fresh @ allDebbyPVIPDined on 7/26/2014Oceanaire is top dollar for average at best old dry seafood- Excellent wine list, bib salad had iceberg lettuce w little garnish, hallabut was said to be flown in fresh - it was dry very small & old @ 38$ the barrel fish was fatty & greasy not a good meal but nice ambiance - go for drinks only
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We had a very nice dining experience on our anniversary, neither of us drink and we shared a meal although we had soup, appetizer and desert, the waiter was attentive, suggested when we asked, gladly split our servings, we do tip accordingly knowing that our bill will be less and did not detect any reluctance on waiter not knowing we understand our bill will be less.Special Features:
- Barrel AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Ordered the crab cake and barrel fish. The barrel fish was very chewy and felt way over cooked. I would have sent it back but it took so long to get the food in the first place i did not. The crab cake was the best i have ever eaten. Would go back for the crab cake, but will not order another piece of fish.
- SydniDined on 7/22/2014Fantastic food and amazing service. It was a little loud for a business dinner with a large table, but we all enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2014Lobster special was possibly over cooked tail was rubbery
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great food, great service, great experience highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Extensive seafood menu/optionsemmalouDined on 7/19/2014Relaxing atmosphere, liked the blue lighting. The food was rich, almost too heavy, mashed potatoes were way too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Reliable!DeborahDined on 7/19/2014As usual, the food at Oceanaire is always good. Fresh fish and always great raw oysters make this a good standard in the area.Special Features:
- Anniversary SpotJPagsDined on 7/19/2014We went for our anniversary and were treated to a special dessert. The service was outstanding and the food, as always, exceeded expectations.Special Features: