Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston
40 Court Street
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: (617) 742-2277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Enos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston
Sleek and sophisticated, The Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at The Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)fit for foodies (99)good for groups (80)romantic (73)notable wine list (47)great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (26)late-night find (10)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Fresh as Fresh Can BeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/20/2014An outstanding experience on every level. The hostess was friendly, organized and efficient despite the fact that 70 people were scheduled to arrive at the same time for lunch when the restaurant opened. Our party increased from five to six and the waiter couldn't have been more apologetic for not having the proper place settings at the time we sat. He was engaging and informative while we made our food selections. All of which came from a very extensive menu. The restaurant prides themselves on the freshness of the fish and they didn't disappoint. The appetizer of "spicy tuna poke" is fabulous and beautifully presented. Three party members had the "John Dory" fish and it was sublime. The suggested wine paired well with our meal and all were content as our luncheon ended. I highly recommend "Oceanaire."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unaccommodating and rude staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014I made reservations for 7 people (business dinner), but we ended up with 8. They put us in an incredibly small table and when we asked to be moved (the restaurant was empty), they refused with no explanation. We had to ask multiple times to get the 8th chair, and when it was brought it was placed down rudely with no words. The servers were very inattentive and we had to get their attention multiple times to get drink refills etc. They treated us as an inconvenience the entire evening. As well, when it came to dessert they just threw down the menus, did not make any recommendations and waited almost an hour to come and pick up our order. There was no offer for tea and coffee. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- DikittioVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food was good but service was ok/slow. Our very nice waiter couldn't handle using our gift card for the meal/tip and charging our credit card for the remainder of the tip. He had to get the manager to assist which took about 15-20 minutes. The manager finally showed up said there was a balance on the card of 10$ which can use next time. We still needed to tip our very nice waiter 20%. Luckily we has some cash to complete the tip transaction. Nice place but pretty empty on a Saturday night. The should consider moving to a more visible location.
- Great night!FoodismyjamDined on 11/15/2014We dined at the oceanaire on a Saturday night and were celebrating my son's 12th birthday. I was a little hesitant bc I read the service reviews and they weren't too pretty. However, our service was great. We had two waiters taking care of us - a little confusing, but fine. They did not rush us and made us feel very comfortable. The food was really good. I highly recommend the tuna poke appetizer. My 8 year old ate her complete dish of sautéed flounder and loved it. A few of us had filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly! Button mushrooms and French fries were great sides. Lastly, the chocolate/caramel cake is divine!! A must order! We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful treathighexpectationsVIPDined on 11/14/2014Loved our lunch. All 5 of us enjoyed our meal. We had a delightful waiter who went out of his way to serve us and actually entertain us a bit. Dessert was sinful. We had a caramel chocolate cake to share and couldn't finish it. Great time.Special Features:
- Thank Goodness the Food Was GreatNothard2pleaseVIPDined on 11/14/2014Even though I had requested to be seated in a warm spot away from the front door (it was the first really cold day in Boston), the hostess attempted to seat us right near the door. When I asked to be moved to a warmer spot, she looked quite annoyed (even though the restaurant was quite empty just before noon for lunch). She moved us over just one table (even though there were loads of empty tables toward the back of the restaurant) and was abrupt and ungracious in her manner. This left us with a very negative feeling about what was supposed to be a celebratory lunch. Although we shivered our way through the meal, the food and service after that were both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific selection of fresh seafooddpsjVIPDined on 11/13/2014Wonderful ambiance. Delicious oysters. Fantastic flounderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Go To Seafood RestaurantElder1Dined on 11/12/2014Seafood is always super-fresh and interestingly varied. Service by Isa is unrivaled ..anywhere . I take people here who spend lots of time in top restaurants entertaining high-level clients and they rate Oceanaire as at the top of the list... A bonus is its location in the marble lobby of a former bank building... Come on, how good is that !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceluvtoeatDined on 11/10/2014I invited my friend for dinner for his Marine Corp. Birthday and everything met my expectations. From the service to the food,all was excellent! Thank you :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceJayRDined on 11/8/2014First off, the food was good- just an issue with a substitution on an entree our server told us wouldn't be a problem. We could tell right away that service wasn't going to be great as it took 20 minutes for a server to come even greet us and take a drink order. Our server was always missing or came by after we had been waiting for drinks or even to check on our table. We had an issue with one entree and he stated we could get a dessert to make up for it, but never returned to the table and suddenly we had a new sever, so we ordered with him. In the end our original server brought a dessert of his choice (after we ordered) and charged us for the one we ordered. I was dissatisfied with the service especially for the price paid for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pescatarianDined on 11/8/2014They did not honor the reservation and food had MSG
- no table!yrkwonDined on 11/8/2014If you are a big fan of seafood, you will love the food there. It is one of those hot spots you will find in downtown Boston. I was there on a business dining with a few of my partners, and even though I reserved a table via opentable beforehand, they kept us waiting for more than 30 minutes at the bar because it was crowded and the table wasn't ready. If you want your table to be ready on time your reserved the table, it is probably not the best place to go to especially on a saturday night. If you are flexible with time, why not?Special Features:
- Terrible ManagementginamullDined on 11/8/2014We arrived and waited at the bar for a table for 1 hour. Chris the bartender was wonderful and took great care of us, even though he was busy. Finally he was able to get a manager over to seat us. The manager was apologetic, promised to bring an appetizer out right away. We sat another 1/2, now 1.5 hours after our reservation, and still had no one come to serve us. A young lady came over, we told her what happened, she went to check on the appetizer, the manager never put anything in for us or told anyone we were sitting there. He finally got up and left and went to our hotel to eat. So disappointing, do not go on a Saturday night, they can't handle a crowd!Special Features:
- Don't bother making a reservation!suzeeDined on 11/8/2014Food & drinks were superb. Waitstaff-very attentive. Ambiance & decor- very modern with an old feel. Loved it. However, do not bother to make a reservation. If you do make one, beware that you won't be seated for an hour or more after the reserve time.Special Features:
- Poor service on top of poor servicefoodaceDined on 11/8/2014The poor service started as soon as we walked in the door. There are (what looks like) valet drivers in the doorway, they didn't even open the door for us or acknowledge us. Strike one. We arrived only 10 minutes before our reservation but our table wasn't ready so we sat at the bar. It took the bartender about 10 minutes to come over to us. Strike two. Then we waited over an hour for our table. Mind you, we made a reservation well in advance. Strike three. I have never experienced waiting that long over a reservation. Once we finally sat down, our waiter was friendly but it quickly became clear that we was overwhelmed. The food was excellent but with all the choices in Boston, I doubt I would return because of the service.Special Features:
- so so...honestyDined on 11/8/2014this was my second dinning experience at Oceanaire, and though some friends / family love this restaurant, my meals have been nothing special. First time there my swordfish was completely dried out and flavorless. During my most recent visit I ordered the grilled seafood platter (Salmon, scallops, shrimp, rice) which was enjoyable but nothing to rave about. Wait service was fine and attentive. Bar service was great - friendly service and perfect drinks.Special Features:
- Referee61Dined on 11/5/2014Exceptional restaurant one othe top restaurants in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood SpecialtyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014If you are in the mood for seafood, this is the place for you.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Absolutely amazing food. The side dishes are such large portions though. I would recommend a note of how many people the side dish would be good for. I hate wasting such great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cbbbbDined on 11/1/2014had a great meal and felt lIke the service was good. my fiancé had a meal, the rice in the mix grille entree it was undercooked. our server was good however it did feel a little slow. they are implementing a rewards card program which I didn't really care for but because my waitwaiter was willing to pay for it, I signed up. seems a little out of character for a restaurant but I do appreciate thwork effort. However as a neighboring non profit that has tried to get a small gift card of support from Neighbors like the neighborhood made me feel funny supporting their rewards program when Oceanaire has never supported us. I went to the restaurant as a one shot so really not sure if I'd be back again maybe for appetizers but not a full meal.Special Features:
- Special occasionCThorneDined on 11/1/2014This was my second visit to Oceanaire. This is a unique place in a town with a lot of higher end dining options in a space once housing an elegant bank branch. The ambiance for a romantic dining evening is superb and the service is top notch. The food is excellent and there are many creative dishes from which to choose. Mainly a seafood establishment there are some other steak and poultry options but I have yet to try any. In fact it's actually difficult to get to any entrees, the appetizers are so good, you could easily frame your meal with them. I recommend the seafood tower and oysters. My date and I split a desert (because we were too full to order separately), it was Flan and outstanding. Can't wait for another occasion to head back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whodoesntlovetochowDined on 10/28/2014Very much enjoyed the atmosphere, service and food.Special Features:
- Business lunchCJSmithDined on 10/28/2014Perfect setting, food and service for a business lunch.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014The Thuna-Poke was spectatcular as a starter. But also the main dish (Mahi-Mahi) and Lobster Tails were outstanding. Accompanied by the recommended Chardonnay - we had a great dinner.Special Features:
- KurtDined on 10/27/2014Oceaniare is a perfect place for a business luncheon in the heart of the financial district. Great food, great service, and great atmosphere for conversation.Special Features:
- Good seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/25/2014Good seafood, great service, I'd recommend for a business or large group would not go for a date niteSpecial Features:
- Seafood ExtravaganzaNLM48Dined on 10/25/2014So many delicious seafood choices either simply grilled or Chef's selections. Plenty to choose from. Attentive service . Extremely lively and noisy. Location is a former bank from the days when banks were beautiful marbled high ceilinged grand palaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014We often go to Oceanaire for special occasions. Great food, good drinks, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food / Slow serviceThetruthDined on 10/24/2014Food was good, good atmosphere, food server was courteous and professional however the service was very slow. If you are on a time schedule, this is not the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very GoodKTapplyVIPDined on 10/23/2014one of the best in Boston Seafood....service was not great.... but the food was...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014Always make sure to dine at Oceanaire when in BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMedevManDined on 10/20/2014Took my CEO there for a nice fish dinner and was not disappointed. From the high level of service, to an outstanding meal, this place delivers. He had fish stew, with oysters from Duxbury as a starter. He was delighted in bot cases. I had clam chowda, bets I have had. Broiled swordfish with ritz topping was pehenomenal. definitely a go back to placeSpecial Features:
- OreoDined on 10/18/2014We had not eaten here in a while and we thoroughly enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique take on seafoodBostonBeanDined on 10/18/2014Some of the hot seafood options allow you to customize your dish with different flavors and tops, such as "ritzy". I had the New England Swordfish which was delicious. Unless you like really spicy food, steer away from "angry" which will make your mouth burn. My wife ordered trout which she thought was excellent cooked with the "black and bleu" option. Boston location has a great atmosphere, good for a special occasion or date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I recommended Oceanaire to a group of 9 diners from Tokyo. The food was good, but the service embarrassing. First they brought out 9(!) portions of calamari. When we said that wasn't our order, the server said it was compliments of the chef. Then they said they made a mistake and took them away. Then they came back and said the chef would like to apologize and give us complimentary servings of a dish -- the same calamari!! They made a mistake on another order and forgot another one.Special Features:
- SERVICE1234Dined on 10/17/2014The ambiance was great.Reception desk was accommodating.Food was not as good as the first time we ate there.However,our waiter was atrocius.He was very slow.The drinks took a longtime to come. He told me that he will have to wait at the bar allnight to get the drinks sooner.We requested for bread which never came.My wifes BloodyMary mix (without alcohol) was not drinkable, but the waiter made no effort to get any other drink. We will try once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Sho & No GoDogearVIPDined on 10/17/2014I had forgotten that I had eaten in the Denver store. This branch was equally as bad. Arctic Char was flavorless, asparagus was unremarkable and the ambiance was uninspiring unless you enjoy the 80's bar scene. About the only plus for this restaurant was the server, he was fantastic. Sadly no amount of attentive service could make up for the uninspired food.
- Rough nighttheBergiesVIPDined on 10/13/2014For the price...I wasnt impressed. They were out of my fav Seghesio wine, they brought cold bread (a pet peeve for fine dining). They brought raw random veggies and dill pickles to.the table with the cold bread??? Our server had to look at every single item we ordered as if hed never heard of it before. The green beans were raw, room.temp amd covered in garlic. The scalloped potatoes were undercooked and not hot at all. They went to reheat the potatoes but by the time they came back we didnt really want them. They brought the king crab without a shell.cracker or drawn butter and while they went to fetch it...the crab legs went cold. Seems like alot of slip.ups for a quiet Monday night.
- Great PlaceOutoftownDined on 10/13/2014I am from out of town. Found this place in a book in out Hotel. Delicious Food. I booked it for a party of four and everyone loved their food. It is a bit expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014We were seated in a very awkward location with the wait staff putting in orders and refilling water right next to us the entire time. Restaurant was attractive but waitress was aloof. Seafood was average, not what I expect of Boston but this is a chain, so I should know better. Wine list was definitely not notable.Special Features: