Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston
40 Court Street
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 6177422277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Enos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)fit for foodies (105)romantic (88)good for groups (76)notable wine list (65)great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (44)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (20)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- service dissapointedSluggosixtyfiveVIPDined on 8/27/2014While the food was excellent and the room is beautiful, for this Dine Out Boston dinner, service was terrible - water was inattentive, no where to be seen for vast stretches of time, plates were noisily dropped on the table, and when i asked a runner for wine, he said he'd get my waiter and it took a good 5 minutes for him to appear. The restaurant wasn't a quarter full, so there's no reason for the lack of attention.Special Features:
- BeautifulstylieneatsDined on 8/26/2014Service was great. Setting was really elegant. Food was well prepared, and on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left me un-inspiredskysthelimitDined on 8/26/2014Had streak frites, though I ordered the steak well done, it came out like shoe leather...with a pile of fries that were un-inspiring. Had to ask for roll set up.... ginger ale tasted odd, too much selzer not enough ginger. Companion had restaurant week menu...3 shrimp stuffed with spinach...with a side of pasta; ok, nothing great. Smaller portion than last year. Highlight of the meal was the key lime cheesecake, which was great. Service good, not great; had to continually ask for refill of coffee. Dined late in the day around 2PM...maybe 5 tables were occupied. Came away thoroughly disappointed in the quality & taste of the food. Bill came to $70 for 2 for lunch...ouch...Special Features:
- TFCambridgeDined on 8/26/2014Very nice surroundings; the trout I had was good but overpriced on their regular menu (I went during Restaurant Week). Could see coming here for a special occasion, perhaps, but other than restaurant week I probably won't come back much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luxurious ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Luxurious ambience and great service. I have been there twice. In this time, owing to the restaurant week, the taste was not good. It was not worthwhile. I would say, the foods for the restaurant week will deteriorate a rating.Special Features:
- great food - horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014I recently came here for restaurant week. I've been here because I love the atmosphere, food, & service. This time I don't know if its because we ordered off of the restaurant week menu but it took 20-30 minutes to just get water!!! My friend told 1 of the managers and he apologized and said that wasn't acceptable. Unfortunately, service didn't improve so then he went to another manager & was told the other manager had left for the night. I was so shocked by the level of service. It wasn't even that our waiter had a lot of tables I couldn't even find him on the floor working! It's a shame bc the food was delicious! To make up for the poor service the manager gave us a coupon for a free app for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutJohnnyHoggzSayzDined on 8/23/2014In Boston for a friend's wedding & was looking for a nice spot for a final night get together with friends and Oceanaire was the choice. We all met up for drinks & apps and the selections for both were well thought out & plentiful. Bar staff was very knowledgeable & attentive; make sure to ask for Felix! Great location that's easy to get to and a good time was had by all-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014great ambience for a great night out; excellent food and menu; nice wine; excellent waiter and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Dine Out Boston ExperienceDontGoOceanaireVIPDined on 8/22/2014We went for the dine out week dinner last Friday, and the service did not meet our expectation at all. We did not get breads prior to our appetizer (we noticed on our way out that other tables were getting them before their meals), and the server constantly gave us the check which included things that we did not order (bill came out to $20 over what we were supposed to pay). I mentioned this to the server, he apologized saying he would bring the new corrected check, and repeated the mistakes 3 times. As a result, we waited for another good 20 minutes before we were able to pay the right amount and leave the restaurant. I felt that I was discriminated because we were ordering dine out menu, not the regular priced menu items.
- Super Food + Super ServicedannylovebitwDined on 8/22/2014My party came here on the Friday of Restaurant Week for a friend's birthday. I had let the restaurant know in advance that we were celebrating a friend's birthday and they PRINTED HER NAME ON OUR MENU! Such a great, personal, appreciated touch. The food was very well made and well-presented. Our waiter was an absolute gentleman, quite knowledgeable about the menu and made us really feel at home. I enjoyed my chowder and stuffed haddock entree - not sure of everything that was in the haddock but it all amounted to a generous amount of awesomeness. Finally, the milk and oatmeal cookies dessert had me eating with my hands in a nice restaurant, and it all seemed so right :). In all, this was QUITE the enjoyable dining experience. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Eveningmkjd431Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I tried Oceanaire for dinner, having been to the Washington, DC location but not the one in Boston. The service was outstanding, the steak and fish perfectly cooked, and the ambiance of the room was amazing. Our only complaint was that the desserts were too large and we had to take them home to enjoy later. I would highly recommend this location for a special dinner! Top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The personalized menu wishing my guest a Happy Birthday was a real plus, as well as a real hit with her. The complimentary Happy Birthday dessert was a really nice, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Bizzare service.GreyUrchinDined on 8/21/2014As always the food was excellent. However the service is really slipping. When I asked the server "if it were possible to get more water" he said "yes it is free so of course it is possible". I wasn't sure if he was trying to be funny or snarky or just rude. He also routinely gave is very strange looks each time he delivered food or answered a question. At first it was odd. The. We started looking for hidden cameras because it was beyond odd. Apparently we we being punished because we did not take his recommendation for the calamari for a starter. Sorry for disappointing you sir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love for FishBCGBeetleDined on 8/20/2014I went here for my boyfriend and my 5th anniversary. We knew it was restaurant week in Boston so we chose this restaurant based on their menu and recommendations from my family. I had written on Open Table in the comments section that it was our anniversary so when we got seated the menu said "Happy Anniversary!!" on it. Such a cute touch! However, we didn't buy anything off the regular menu because the Restaurant week deal was a better deal. We got seated at a cute little rounded booth with a glowing blue light. They served us complimentary sourdough bread and butter. I got the clam chowder, stuffed haddock and cookies w/ milk. My boyfriend got the calamari (he said it's the best he's ever had), AMAZING crab cakes and cookies w/ milk. WineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - mediocre serviceMMGoodDined on 8/20/2014Went here for lunch- loved the atmosphere and was greeted and seated quickly. Our server was a little socially awkward at first and would linger next to the table not saying a word. We asked what one of the sides on the menu looked like and he said he had never seen it before. He went to ask someone and came back 15min later with barely any more information. We decided not to ask any more questions and just order. After seeing everyone around us with bread and butter we had to ask our server to bring some for our table. Our server brought us the bread but by then someone had already brought us our food. We had the calamari, stuffed shrimp linguini, caesar salad, and trout. Everything was delicious with the exception of the heavy dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulGWM160Dined on 8/18/2014Tried this restaurant due to the Dine Out Boston promotion and I was very pleased with everything. The restaurant is beautiful. Service was superb. Fish and crab of the highest quality and expertly prepared. We asked for bread and butter and it was promptly provided. While I didn't leave hungry, I recommend that you order a side to share. Unless it is specific on the menu, entrees are served with no additions on the plate. Not a complaint, just a tip for other diners. Recommended highly!Special Features:
- Awesome SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/18/2014Great seafood! Best in Boston. This is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood in BostongrybostonVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful dinner. Whenever I have guests from out of town who want great New England seafood, I take them to Oceanaire!Special Features:
- dinnerFoodieDined on 8/17/2014We had a lovely evening at Oceanaire. The waiter was courteous and very patient. The food was delectable and the best value was the Restaurant week menu. We would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Great place Great foodDeannDined on 8/15/2014When we first walked in we were greeted by a very friendly hostess. And we were so impressed with the decor of the restaurant. Our experience at Oceanaire was great and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Just excellence.HenryandLucyDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I went to Oceanaire to celebrate our 5 year anniversary and we weren't disappointed. 1st, this restaurant is built in an old bank. It is large and spacious and has found a beautiful balance of modern updates while maintaining the beautiful old architecture. 2nd, the food. The oysters and clams casino we chose as appetizers were perfect. Our entrees were even better (the salmon and scallops, and the stuffed lobster). Our waiter was extremely helpful while discussing the menu and making recommendations. Be prepared to spend some money (our total including apps, dinner, and drinks was over $160 for just the 2 of us) but it was well worth it for the food and atmosphere. We did not have wine on this visit but the list is extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to goFood4ThoughtDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant was unbelievable. From the scotch selection to the wine list. From the food to the service. We had looked forward to dining here weeks before we arrived in Boston and we were not disappointed. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who visits Boston.Special Features:
- Food good service ehOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was solid overall. A bit on the pricey end but the quality was there. However, the service was not nearly up to par with the cost of the meal and expectations. Unfortunate.
- Perfect as alwaysFranklyDined on 8/9/2014The service is first rate for this superb surf and turf dining experience. The interior design is beyond tasteful in merging contemporary with this historic bank building.Special Features:
- dinnerMizLizDined on 8/9/2014My seafood was delicious, my husbands risotto was undercooked and had to be sent back so his fish was not as good when his plate returned. The chocolate cake was yummy. service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing7yearstrongDined on 8/8/2014The food was amazing the service was even better. Just the noise level couldn't hear people when ur trying to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!dinneroutDined on 8/8/2014This was our first trip to Boston and wanted some seafood on a Friday night. We had a very enjoyable dinner here on 8/8. Our waiter, Jeff was outstanding. Didn't rush us, gave us some great recommendations on the menu & the specials. Very accommodating. I think we were there for three hours. Would definitely go back. She had the lobster and I had the bransiti fish special. Both were excellent. Had some Boston Cream Pie to finish the wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- TERRIBLEEEEE!!! ×.×snakeDined on 8/6/2014The service was terrible. Period. First of all, our server didn't even come to take our order and ignored us when we tried to signal him. Second of all, he forgot to give us silverware...so...did he expect us to eat the seafood with nothing??? The one thing that was good about this place was that the noise level was minimal. The food was also pretty good.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/6/2014Not just outstanding but consistently outstanding. The menu offers the freshest seafood in Boston. I have tried the other seafood restaurants in the city who boast they have the best, but Oceanaire quietly offers it successfully daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversay at the OceanairDowneastersDined on 8/5/2014We celebrated our 20th anniversary at the Oceanaire and the staff and management went out of their way to make it a special occasion. Wait staff were superb and helpful in every way. The apps and entrees were first rate. My wife had the crab cakes and they were as good as advertised. I enjoyed a Seafood medley which was perfect. To top off the evening we enjoyed the presentation of the flaming Baked Alaska. Thanks to the Ocean air for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceBear33Dined on 8/2/2014Have dined at Oceanaire many,many times. Last time Feb. of this year. After this experience will not return. Waiter was totally confused and forgot things before he even left the table! Long periods of time for food to come. Long gaps before he returned. Bread never came til dinner not with Salads. Mentioned our concerns to Manager at door who barely listened and literally walked away as he was answering
- Go for the food...SoAmazingDined on 7/31/2014The food was extraordinary. We ordered the mixed grill platter, this spicy swordfish, tender calamari, and a delicious sazerac....all fresh and well made. Service was a little inattentive and the fries we ordered were forgotten so be wary of that...but would return for a fancy night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014All in all, we had a lovely evening. The location was within walking distance of our hotel, so very convenient. The server was most attentivelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business settingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2014Great restaurant for hosting a business discussion
- Over pricedOutfordinnerDined on 7/26/2014Some of the food was great some was far less than great. All of it was overpriced. I was seated next to a computer station that saw a lot of action. My linen jacket was hung on the back of my chair and when I left the restaurant I discovered food and oil stains all over the back and arms presumably from the waiters constantly behind me entering orders. Good thing it was dark out. I won't go there again.
- WonderfulraviVIPDined on 7/25/2014Service was perfect and made a special occasion, very special. Don't get the "Angry" modification for the fish unless you can handle a lot of spice and heat. The fish was the best quality I have had in Boston and across the board we enjoyed everything. The seafood salad was one of the best I have ever had.
- KeithDined on 7/24/2014Great atmosphere, great food, great service. I highly recommend this place. love the complimentary appetizer tasteSpecial Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantKathyJDined on 7/24/2014It was my first visit and will certainly not be my last. I absolutely loved it. Beautiful room; delicious food; excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014First visit and will return. I let them know it was my wife's birthday and the menu she was given said Happy Birthday at the top! And suddenly a cone Baked Alaska appeared at the end of the meal. Very attentive waiter, and very pleasant. Food was excellent. What apparently had been a very noisy dining room is now much more pleasant with heavy drapes and a carpet cutting down substantially on the din.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous and FreshOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Had a wonderful dinner. We will be back and have already starting recommending to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.