Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston
40 Court Street
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 6177422277x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Enos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston
Sleek and sophisticated, The Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at The Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)fit for foodies (100)romantic (80)good for groups (74)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (43)neighborhood gem (42)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (22)late-night find (10)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The ambiance was great.Reception desk was accommodating.Food was not as good as the first time we ate there.However,our waiter was atrocius.He was very slow.The drinks took a longtime to come. He told me that he will have to wait at the bar allnight to get the drinks sooner.We requested for bread which never came.My wifes BloodyMary mix (without alcohol) was not drinkable, but the waiter made no effort to get any other drink. We will try once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Sho & No GoDogearVIPDined on 10/17/2014I had forgotten that I had eaten in the Denver store. This branch was equally as bad. Arctic Char was flavorless, asparagus was unremarkable and the ambiance was uninspiring unless you enjoy the 80's bar scene. About the only plus for this restaurant was the server, he was fantastic. Sadly no amount of attentive service could make up for the uninspired food.
- Rough nighttheBergiesVIPDined on 10/13/2014For the price...I wasnt impressed. They were out of my fav Seghesio wine, they brought cold bread (a pet peeve for fine dining). They brought raw random veggies and dill pickles to.the table with the cold bread??? Our server had to look at every single item we ordered as if hed never heard of it before. The green beans were raw, room.temp amd covered in garlic. The scalloped potatoes were undercooked and not hot at all. They went to reheat the potatoes but by the time they came back we didnt really want them. They brought the king crab without a shell.cracker or drawn butter and while they went to fetch it...the crab legs went cold. Seems like alot of slip.ups for a quiet Monday night.
- Great PlaceOutoftownDined on 10/13/2014I am from out of town. Found this place in a book in out Hotel. Delicious Food. I booked it for a party of four and everyone loved their food. It is a bit expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014We were seated in a very awkward location with the wait staff putting in orders and refilling water right next to us the entire time. Restaurant was attractive but waitress was aloof. Seafood was average, not what I expect of Boston but this is a chain, so I should know better. Wine list was definitely not notable.Special Features:
- TC24Dined on 10/11/2014Seafood and service were very good. A La Carte sides were too much for 2 people, it would be better with 2 sizes. We will make a return trip. We would like to sit at the bar next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a larkcaptfDined on 10/11/2014Had reservations, but our table had been given to a singleton. They moved us to a quad. (We're a pair.) Main room is very loud. Waiter talked so fast and softly difficult to understand. Never asked if we wanted drinks, I had to ask him if they serve cocktails. Cocktails came, and appetizers moments later, I wasn't ready. Finished my drink while my crabcake got cold. It was tasty nonetheless. Got the filet with shrimp. (Not called surf and turf, but...) Tenderest, tastiest filet I've had in many a moon, the four shrimp were prepared "scampi" style, but too small, otherwise very good. Overall, the food was better than expected, quite good actually, but the experience was marred by the unprofessional service and the noise in the room.Special Features:
- Worth every pennyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014We went for a special occasion, but will be back for dinner again soon! Fine dining as it should be. Nice venue.Special Features:
- DonaldDined on 10/8/2014Excellent seafood with extensive variety I would highly recommend to someone from out of Town as a place to get some of the best fresh seafood in BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliablenoankpearlVIPDined on 10/7/2014Delicious food in a unique, gorgeous setting - one of my preferred locations for business meals. Looking at the room, it's obvious a lot of other people feel that way, too!Special Features:
- Special OccasionML82DineDined on 10/4/2014We met some friends from out of town and wanted to take them to a nice restaurant, so we got a reservation for Oceanaire after our two first choices were booked for the night. It was raining the night we went, so it was nice to have the valet parking. The food was very good and came out amazingly quick for an upscale restaurant, almost got the impression they were trying to move us along more quickly. We were not rushed by the wait staff however. Couple of things that could have been better, we had a bread plate on the table but no bread was served and the attentiveness of our waiter could have been a bit better again no pressure to finish. It was a nice place for a special occasion but a bit pricey to go there often.Special Features:
- Luxurious DiningHermeDined on 10/4/2014Ok, once you get over the sticker price the food was wonderful. Not for those watching their budget. Hearty servings. We shared the appetizer and salad and we still could not finish our entrees. The food was fresh and prepared simply but tasteful. Desert was enough for 4 but that did not stop us from finishing it all. I would say the only disappointment was the server. For such a high end Resturant our server was not very knowledgable about the menue and hovered. We ask for the food to be spaced appropriately. The food was presented so quickly almost making you wonder if they wanted to get you out quick to re-sit another party. Save it for a special and enjoy every minute...Special Features:
- great food for visitors tooenjoyfinefoodDined on 10/3/2014We had a great time visiting with local friends. The food and service was excellent! A++++Special Features:
- Great experienceDaveDined on 10/3/2014We went with 6 people and another 6 of our friends also happened to be dining there and the staff took it all in stride and put us in a private room. No fuss and it was perfect for the large group. Food was very good, service was a little slow. Not saying this is a bad thing but be prepared to take your time. The dining room itself if open and very nice. Really like the decor and atmosphere. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great!ChrisDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I always have a good time and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/2/2014Very enjoyable. One of the best in Boston. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hello?OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/30/2014Loved the decor and the food was tremendous. We had 5 for 8 o'clock dinner on a Tussay night. It wA not busy but the service was poor Food came out on time and water glasses were filled promptly, but our waiter was MIA most of the evening. Had we waited for him I pour wine we would have drunk only water and the restaurant would certainly never have sold two bottles I'd go back. I doubt all waiters were this poorI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood24dinnerVIPDined on 9/25/2014Its high quality food that makes this place shine. The lobster and halibut were as nice (and expensive) as we've had anywhere. It seems that the staffing could have been a bit heavier. There were a few larger groups which may have taken more time, but not too bad. We were initially seated adjacent to the service area which is loud and has heavy traffic. The place was nearly empty so that was an odd choice by Oceanaire. We were able to be relocated to another table but the hostess was not accommodating about the switch. She was also abrupt about directions to the restrooms which were not obviously located. I'd try it again, but only because of the food.Special Features:
- So close, yet..........kertruffleVIPDined on 9/23/2014My husband, Honorable Kenneth Fishman and I hosted a dinner, on the heels of a State House event. Very excited to be going back to Oceanaire. While there was no disappoint re oyster platters,good service, etc.,we were stunned when the order of blackened swordfish (which I recall was about $28/29) was maybe the SMALLEST serving of swordfish we had ever witnessed!!! And we dine out in Boston ALL THE TIME!!There was not even an explanation by the wait staff. (I would suggest it was under 4oz). And in the (new?) tradition of steakhouses, you do not serve ANY sides with this tiny, sad little offering. So, thank goodness we ordered a side of sauteed spinach (and had filled ourselves up with oysters first!)Special Features:
- Solo diners avoid.Diner99Dined on 9/22/2014Booked this restaurant many weeks before my visit expecting first class service. Instead got dumped in what was clearly the second rate bar service area with a third rate waiter. I had booked the restaurant! Had to ask for a drinks menu and then wait to give an order. When the first course arrived, a lobster bisque, it was unusually and unpleasantly (for me) thick, like stiff peak meringue. When I queried if it was meant to be this thick, I was told that it had been like this for the last 2 weeks, but if I did not like it, that was not a problem. The bisque was whisked away but nothing was offered to replace it. The wine I had ordered did not arrive until nearly half way through the main course. Main problem? I was a solo diner!
- First time in BostonMTurner00Dined on 9/20/2014We were only in Boston for one night and wanted seafood. Our hotel recommended the Oceanaire. It was fantastic! The food was nothing short of excellent and our servers were as good or better than I've had anywhere. The building is an old bank with lots of carved marble and excellent use of accent lighting creating a very unique dining atmosphere. If I am ever back in Boston again, I will be sure to make another reservation here. You can't go wrong!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaliforniaKidDined on 9/14/2014The food was excellent. The mixed seafood appetizer over ice was awesome. Our server was never around. He actually left 1/2 way through dinner, never to be seen again. We had to get another server (who seemed annoyed) to get us the check. It is too bad that the chef did such a great job on the food, only to have a server let him down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandinganniversaryDinerDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I picked this restaurant for our first anniversary dinner. The shrimp cerviche was very fresh and very good. The seafood trio was outstanding. And the service was some of the best I have experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood in Boston!grybostonVIPDined on 9/13/2014We went to Oceanaire with some out of town guest that were interested in great seafood. We went to Oceanaire where we have been too often and have never had a disappointing meal.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!RobinDined on 9/8/2014Great food, great service & great atmosphere! We will definitely return to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertlplayDined on 9/8/2014Baked Alaska was a visual pleasure, but the dessert it self was not as delicious as it seemed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceanaire Boston!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Excellent menu selections, great ambiance, and excellent food quality & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFootballRefDined on 9/6/2014Went there for my wife's birthday she had the stuffed flounder and I had the mixed seafood Grill. The portions were very generous and the mixed Grill was excellent. Very nice bar with a lot of specialty drinks in a massive wine list. I would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality evening mealUKtravellerDined on 9/4/2014We were visiting Boston for a few days and choose this restaurant for a good fish meal. We were not disappointed. It has a lovely ambiance , superb service and the waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable.The food was superb and certain enough for our English appetites. We would certainly book again if we ever came back to this lovely city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Happy AnniversaryapiscesfancierDined on 9/2/2014We decided on coming here quite on the spur of the moment. We were spending four days in Boston in honor of our Silver Anniversary, and decided on Oceanaire based just on their posted menu. Upon checking online, they had a 4.4 rating, so I thought it would be a safe bet. Safe? It was outstanding. Everything was great. From possibly the finest Manhattan ever, to a delicious Boston creme pie for dessert, every forkful was superb. The service was wonderful. Our table was relatively secluded, but not so private that we were forgotten.Our waiter exemplified excellent care, exp[ressing a regard that we be please with both the quality of food and the service. The menu is a la carte, and one of the sides will easily serve two peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Another great experience at Oceanaire. The king crab was awesome. The service great. The drinks made well. I always enjoy our special occasions at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great Friday NightBMW1954VIPDined on 8/29/2014went for a light late eventing meal and got great service from Jeff, who was also quite knowledgeable about oysters- I learned a lot and had an exquisite meal. I will try and make it a recurrent ritualSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodPhotofanDrVIPDined on 8/29/2014From the great selection of fresh oysters, the awesome fried asparagus with blue cheese to the to die for black and blue swordfish. A wonderful dining experience ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Dining ExperienceseafoodsavvyDined on 8/29/2014I participated in Dine Out Boston and ordered off that menu. I got the calamari as my appetizer which was below average for a pricey restaurant. I chose the crab cakes for entree which were very moist and delicious but the appearance wasn't anything special. I regret my dessert choice. I got the Black Bear ice cream which was a cherry flavored ice cream with bits of chocolate. It tasted like a tootsie roll. I probably should've gotten the key lime pie instead. Overall, it was an average dining experience for a nice sit-down restaurant.Special Features:
- Classy service & seafoodTheSamplerDined on 8/29/2014Pricey, but really great seafood if you don't want to take chances with seafood. Had a great experience with calamari and shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a ClassicjjpmDined on 8/29/2014A hidden surprise in the Government Center neighborhood of Boston. I had walked by the restaurant many times and never noticed it. That was my loss. what a wonderful surprise. Great food, great service. I'm glad I found it on the Boston Restaurant week list and that we got the chance to try it. We shall return many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine out week stapleIsabellaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Every dine out week my Mother insists we go here. We went for the first time during the Boston Dine Out week and shes in love. We always have such a nice time - the food is delicious and the service is great.
- service dissapointedSluggosixtyfiveVIPDined on 8/27/2014While the food was excellent and the room is beautiful, for this Dine Out Boston dinner, service was terrible - water was inattentive, no where to be seen for vast stretches of time, plates were noisily dropped on the table, and when i asked a runner for wine, he said he'd get my waiter and it took a good 5 minutes for him to appear. The restaurant wasn't a quarter full, so there's no reason for the lack of attention.Special Features:
- SereviDined on 8/27/2014Always enjoy dining at The Oceanaire. The ambience is elegant and friendly, with contemporary vibes in the blue-lit bar area, and view of the historic bank vaults in the center stairwell. All the choices on the menu for Restaurant Week were appealing -- my friend and I both chose the haddock, stuffed not with crumbs but with a nice crabmeat mixture, with garlic spinach on the side. Also appreciated the variety of wines available by the glass, and service provided by Enrique and his colleagues was perfect.Special Features:
- Nice for Dine Out Boston Week LunchbostonloverDined on 8/27/2014Open, spacious, grand atmosphere. Was here with a group for Dine Out Boston lunch. I had the calamari appetizer, the salmon salad entrée, and the ice cream for dessert. The calamari and salmon entrée were perfectly delicious. The ice cream was lacking in raspberry flavor, but was good. Everyone in our group of 5 enjoyed the food and the ambience. Service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.