Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
801 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: (443) 872-0000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM -11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Joseph Pastore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (122)romantic (80)fit for foodies (67)notable wine list (60)good for groups (58)vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (18)scenic view (12)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- first experiencefirsttimeDined on 11/22/2014Valet service is friendly and fast. They have a coat check once you enter if you choose to do so. We had a reservation and we were seated immediately. Food was delicious drinks were great. Only complaint that I would have is that normally I've been asked by my waiter/waitress whether or not I've been to the establishment before. This did not happen nor was the menu explained or anything recommended. I assume though this is because it didn't seem like we had an actual waiter but a bartender filling in. I assume this because he wore a black jacket instead of white.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business GroupLP8214Dined on 11/19/2014Went with a group after a trade show. Service was horrible - at one point I had to get my own bottle of wine and pour the table. It was not crowded. Food was average at best.
- Bad nightRoadWarrior2VIPDined on 11/19/2014I've had good experiences at Oceanaire but this was a bad night. The special was ordinary at best. The wine was not the right vintage - 2008 on the wine list, 2011 brought to the table. The service was a disaster. Still waiting for my side dishes... I may go back because I'm sure it was just an off night, but I'm in no hurry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We were a party of three and there for a birthday celebration. Waiter was not friendly and did not smile. He made no recommendations. We had to ask someone to get him multiple times. Prior to payment for dinner....I was talking and eating steak (I only had a few bites and he came over and asked if he could take just my plate...more than half the steak was still on the plate) We all thought that was just odd! We finished dinner and then paid. We then decided to have additional drinks and he appeared to rush us for additional payment. (Rudely interrupting our conversation ....assuming so he could leave) about 10 min into our drinks another waiter came over and stated he would be taking over. We sat there for a little while longer and no one ever came back to ask if we wanted anything else. We left payment on table for drinks and left. Service not so great. Food just ok. ($50 steak was just ok)I would recommend this to a friend.
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I loved this restaurant. It was my second time and my wife's first. The Oyster's Rockefeller was purely delicious. Our fish entrees were immaculately prepared and phenomenal. Pure pleasure. The wine was terrific and dessert was such a treat with our decaf cappuccino's. You can't go wrong in this restaurant. We will be back the next time we are in Baltimore.Special Features:
- Did it againgoodDined on 11/14/2014Do not be discouraged by small portions; the food is surprisingly filling and will not leave you complaining. Desert menu is promising, and food was tasty. Great for birthdays, anniversaries, celebrating occasions, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Dined here for the first time the service and food were awesome. One of the best dinners I have had. Micheal was our waiter would highly recommend him. Very pricey thoughSpecial Features:
- Not living up to the nameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014This particular restaurant has now more of feel of a "chain"restaurant,food prepared and presented with some carelessness in the actual preparation and lack of details to the dish. Do not mind paying for good fish but restaurant also clearly overpriced for what it offers
- StickmanDined on 11/8/2014Service was excellent food was good some prices were a bit expensive but overall enjoyed. I live in the Wahington region and had to drive 50 milesSpecial Features:
- Amazing experiebce700di3Dined on 10/29/2014My husband took me to dinner here for my birthday. From valet to check our service was impeccable! Our waitress Jacky was amazing, and made sure we were well taken care of! The pomegranate martini was very good! Appetizers to dessert were all AMAZING!!!! We will return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gr8BenjiDined on 10/25/2014First timers and we were not disappointed. Waiter, Steve, was very helpful and very attentive to all of our needs.Special Features:
- okNobsVIPDined on 10/24/2014The crab cakes were very good and all else just ok. The fish stew (supposedly boullabaise) was disappointing. Overpriced for what they deliver.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent with the brandSarita2882Dined on 10/21/2014As usual our meal was very good from Oceanaire; great good, service, and atmosphere, you cannot go wrong with dining here.Special Features:
- Not one of their betters effortsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014We have eaten in several other of their restaurants and this one was sub-par. A quiet Sunday night should have resulted in better service. The food was superb, however. This is a golden "chain" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placephd618Dined on 10/19/2014The food and preparation were excellent. The service was great! The waiter had very good recommendations relative to options to do with our choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotprodocDined on 10/18/2014This is one of my Baltimore favorites. Great food and great atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- TallFoodieTallFoodieDined on 10/18/2014The menu is great and has various items on it daily. The combination of of foods that can be ordered are incredible as well. I would certainly go back again.Special Features:
- Great for date nightRKNJDined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our anniversary and were treated like we were the bride and groom again. Excellent service and ambiance. The food was excellent and we highly recommend the baked alaska for a shared dessert. Pumpkin ice cream! Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Not ExcellentYummy4mytummyDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I decided to go to the Oceanaire Seafood Room for our 7th anniversary. I heard the food was good but this was year's ago. I expected the restaurant to be more upscale. The ambiance was nice but it wasn't totally what I expected. The fact that we were seated near the exit way out of view may be the reason. The food was good but nothing to brag about. The service was pretty good and we had an excellent bottle of wine. I have a feeling if we'd ordered from the menu instead of from the Chef’s Select Four Course Pre-Fixe we may of appreciated the food better.Special Features:
- oct18Dined on 10/18/2014Service was wonderful and food was spectacular. The Maryland Rockfish was excellent as well as the Sablefish. It was our first time there and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Top notchRatsAugDined on 10/18/2014Outstanding menu, fresh seafood and attentive service.Special Features:
- Great Seafood RestaurantImaFoodieDined on 10/17/2014This is not my first occasion to frequent the restaurant. Oceanaire continues to be one of my favorites because the food is delicious and the service is impeccable. Although I usually go for the happy hour, this was a special occasion so we chose to have dinner. It was definitely a 5 star experience. Oceanaire continues to be a food lover's delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice business dinner locationCarnivoreDined on 10/16/2014Went here on business. Good food, good service. Decent place to take clients.Special Features:
- great ServiceCaptain4dineDined on 10/14/2014Our waiter "Steve" did a great job. The restaurant and the Food was fantastic. Steve had serviced my table once before. This guy really performs with utmost passion for what he does at best. Thank you Steve!!Special Features:
- Dinnerontu64Dined on 10/11/2014Always good and fun Service is excellent, servings are appropriate and price is reasonable.Special Features:
- Don't miss this!chrisgDined on 10/10/2014A trip to the Inner Harbor wouldn't be complete without dining at Oceanaire. Not for casual drop-ins or shorts and jeans, but an upscale, business casual spot with an extensive seafood menu, attentive waitstaff and generous portions of perfectly cooked food make this a great place to finish off a day of sight-seeing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWilmerandSusanDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I had a really good meal the suggested wine was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very poor serviceSheriffDined on 10/4/2014the waiter spend more of his time with other tables then us. After been sitted to our table It took 25 or more munites before the waiter came to our table to take our orders.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our waiter asst was very good Josh His asst delivered wrong orders twice to our table. Despite making reservation 24 hrs in advance we were given poor options for table -- outside kitchen, next to front door and next to bathrooms. It was planned as a special occasion. It turned out to be disappointing
- The CrabcakesPanthergalDined on 9/27/2014Being from out-of-state, we were looking forward to good Maryland crabcakes. These were highly breaded with little crab. For the price, we expected much better!
- Excellent ExperiencePhillyvisitorVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful food, great service, lively atmosphere. Had a wonderful dinner at Oceanaire this past weekend. My family of 4 samples many of the menu selections and greated a great overall experience. The servers are very knowledgeable and eager to please. I would return any timeSpecial Features:
- Great food, poor serverJennouttodinnerDined on 9/27/2014The food was wonderful. We were greeted immediately at the door. Our server was not as attentive as I would have hoped. It took about 40 minutes for us to finally place our order. Food came quickly but we had to ask for things a few times.Special Features:
- Wonderful, but a bit priceyGeorgeepaDined on 9/26/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and the staff went out of their way to make it extra special. The food was delicious. One warning, its expensive, but we would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- It's TruedananddebbieDined on 9/26/2014I had read other reviews and despite the negative reports about the service I wanted to give it a try. IT'S TRUE... the service was poor. As soon as the waiter realized that we were getting the nights special, his attitude changed ,, despite ordering a $ 100.00 bottle of wine ( wine was not worth the price ) There are many Great places to eat in Baltimore, sadly to say this is not one of them.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Service was knowledgable and attentive. Food was another story. Mediocre at best. Add in the price and it's disappointing.
- JinnyDined on 9/21/2014The location was perfect, beautiful scenery and very romantic, was taken there for my birthday and the food was great also, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambassadors not wait StaffTheCuteOldCoupleDined on 9/20/2014I have been to Oceanaire in DC several times this was my first experience with the one in Baltimore. The most impressive feature of this restaurant group is how the wait staff goes out of their way to be positivie ambassadors for the restaurant. They go far beyond "Would you like to hear our specials?" They are engaging rather than bored order takers. Our experience in Baltimore reached the management level as well. Great food, great service and for once I even broke with tradition and took the waiters recommendation - mThe Halibut. It was fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014I visit Oceanaire restaurants across the states when I travel. They are always very service oriented and deliver consistent food qulaity. Would recommned this establishment to everyone who is looking for great food and ambiance... I would add one other special note...Anytime I make an Open Table reservation I have always felt the restaurant works extra hard to make the experience positive. Either by tabel locaiton or any special accomodations...Special Features:
- Disappointed with the foodWCARDined on 9/20/2014We had eaten here last year and the food, service and ambiance were great. This time 9/20/2014 the service was not good, the food was disappointing with overcooked fish an steak and a disappointing kale salad, we will not be back after spending approx $250+ without wine, was overpriced and the food was mediocre at best. Next time Sullivan's Steak house in Baltimore has great seafood, is pricely like Oceanaire but the food, service and ambiance for steaks and seafood are outstanding time after time.
- Another Good OneBakerFoodieVIPDined on 9/17/2014I have enjoyed several Oceanaire locations they have all been great...Special Features: