Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
801 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 4438720000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM -11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Joseph Pastore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)romantic (84)notable wine list (58)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (20)scenic view (18)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent seafood meal.. Well prepared and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- QuantityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014The food was well prepared but a filet and seafood combo had only about 3 medium sized shrimp. Expensive but left still hungry.
- CeebearDined on 8/24/2014I had a wonderful time, the food was outstanding. I'm happy that i picked this place for my 1 year anniversary. Also the service was outstanding, Thanks Mike!!Special Features:
- Celebrated 2 bdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Had a great dinner 8/23 with my boyfriend's family to celebrate 2 birthdays. It was great! Food, service, timely when bringing out courses, helped celebrate the birthdays. I brought a cake and candles but they also did a cool presentation with their in house Baked Alaska. We were a party of 7. Will def return! Thanks again.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!GlennDined on 8/22/2014We had our anniversary dinner there and were treated very special! The food was great and service was amazing! We had a perfect booth that was cozy and comfy!! It was a perfect experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableBriggsDined on 8/18/2014Very enjoyable quiet dinner with outstanding service. A must when you come to Baltimore Inner Harbor. :)Special Features:
- Another great meal!MikepodDined on 8/16/2014We had another excellent experience at Oceanaire! Our waiter Earl was outstanding. No complaints whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great goofKellyDined on 8/16/2014Food was good. So was service except for taking a little long to get our breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notthatpickyDined on 8/16/2014The food was above average, however the presentation of the lobster was lack luster; lobster meat in a bowl! the service was atrocious. It took fifteen minutes to be greeted and then it was JUST a greeting. He had to come back to take a drink order. When he arrived with the drinks we said we were ready to order; he took out his pad and promptly left our table to take an order from a five top behind us. He never went over the menu or selections of the day and we had to ask for bread and at cleanup not all the dirty dishes were removed from the table. we probably saw our waiter a total of four times from the moment we sat down until we left the table. We will not go back.....................Special Features:
- Over-pricedDBlair2230Dined on 8/15/2014I know this is a chain restaurant, but from the glowing reviews I was expecting much better. The service was slow, and the waiter forgot my drink. The food was expensive, very little local fare was on the menu - even though this is a seafood restaurant in Baltimore on the Inner Harbor. I had the salmon, pretty good, but it is hard to screw-up salmon. The fish came with nothing else, all the sides were extra and very expensive. My husband had the pork chop, and again, nothing to write home about. Dessert was a small slice of cheesecake that I could have got at the local grocery store, it didn't even have whipped cream on the top. Super boring. Probably will not be going back to this restuarant again in the future.Special Features:
- Overpriced for modest qualityoldprofessorDined on 8/15/2014For the high cost you expect more than this dining experience delivers. The food is good but not great. The servings are large but bland. All the sides seem to involve putting parmesan cheese on something. The presentation was nice but no attempt to add color or texture to the food. A slab of roasted fish on top of a pile of mashed potatoes is not very exciting. The waiter was friendly, but not particularly attentive. I had eaten at the Oceanaire in Denver so knew what I was getting, and still was disappointed.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedDisappointedDined on 8/11/2014I selected the Oceanaire wanting to display Baltimore's excellent seafood cusine to out of state clients. While the meal was not bad, it didn't live up to the reputation, nor the price. In ordering surf & turf, I found the steak to be adequate & the accompanying crab oscar arrived 15 minutes after the steak was served. In addition, the service was especially slow as we frequently waited for wine refills, the dessert menu & ultimately the check. The waiter, though knowledgeable of the menu, was slow and forgetful at times. Lastly, we read reviews prior to dining & were looking forward to the warm cookies and milk from the menu; only to learn they were out of stock. Again, the meal itself was not bad, but did not live up to they hype.
- Wonderful service!Joannarose12VIPDined on 8/10/2014I took my fiancé here for his birthday and we were treated like royalty by the staff. We sat at a beautiful table and the menu was personalized as a take home. They were out of the size of lobster my fiancé ordered and they gave him a larger one for no extra cost. We also received a free baked Alaska and the food was DELICIOUS!!!! I would definitely come back here again and greatly appreciated the wonderful service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cookieDined on 8/10/2014I attended the restaurant during Baltimore restaurant. The prices were little pricey and the portions were small. I loved the location and very accommodating when I was late for my reservationSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Seafoodmai13Dined on 8/9/2014Austria's Barramundi is their special fish. You can only find Barramundi fish in Oceanaire. The menu is well thought out. Lots of good selection such as Shrimp and Grits and Great Calamari.Special Features:
- Excellent mealSpencermdDined on 8/9/2014The entire staff was attentive and made sure your dining experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningpackygirlVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were there last Saturday night. Valet parking was easy, our reservation was ready, the server was great, the food selections were amazing and the food itself was outstanding! So glad we chose Oceanaire! Thanks for participating in Restaurant week! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops to Die ForOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014We went for Restaurant Week, energetic atmosphere, good people watching by the window, fabulous location at Harbor East, food absolutely delicious (you can order any type of seafood cooked any way you like), drinks amazing (espresso-tini, irish coffee perfect), service excellent, would definitely return!Special Features:
- Good foodLisaDined on 8/8/2014Went here for restaurant week for dinner on a Friday. Made reservations for 4, sat down right away. The waiter was excellent and very attentive. Among us four we had the calamari, house salad, barramundi florentine, shrimp and grits and crabcakes. The portions were good. The crabcakes were actually pretty good except for a few scales. The first bite I took had a scale in them. We ordered the lobster risotto and mac and cheesy scalloped potatoes with bacon on top. Both were good. For dessert, we had the cheesecake accompanied by a berry compote. Delicious, I had no more room so I took mine home. The other couple had warm chocolate chip cookies. Jokingly, my friend said milk would be good. He got his glass of milk! Overall, I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of money and timeDisappointedby4Dined on 8/8/2014Had dinner reservations at 6:30 got there early and had happy hour prices at the bar. Bartender was great. Got seated right away and ordered. Got appetizers right away and then entree soon followed. Then it went down hill. We sat for 15 minutes after we finished for dishes to be cleaned away. Another 15 minutes trying to get waiter's attention to get coffee. Another 15 minutes waiting for desert. Only way we got more coffee was when he brought the check. We gave him credit card right away so we didn't have to continue to wait. So $40 bucks at the bar $175 for dinner for four (Baltimore Restaurant Week) and leaving angry and disappointed. Valet parking was great deal only $8.00 few bucks more than self park but worth it.
- Delicious and Filling!MeggDined on 8/6/2014Although I did not particularly enjoy the open environment of the dining room, the food was incredible and extremely filling. The clam chowder was very creamy and rich, but very thick with clams. The barramundi stuffed with spinach, crab, and shrimp was a large portion of juicy, and flavorful fish- and their key lime pie was one of the best I've ever had. You still get a bit of the "chain" type feel with some of the dishes, but overall it was an extremely satisfying meal where all the staff made you feel special.Special Features:
- Restaurant week surpriseAprilSDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I liked the menu we saw on online when we were looking for places to eat during restaurant week. When we arrived the service was great. The restaurant was beautiful. The food was delicious! My husband had a view of the Orioles game playing at the bar which he was very happy about. They also had a $1 oyster special that night, that we took advantage of. I'm not an oyster fan but I must say the grilled Chesapeake oysters were amazing. The pork chop was very tasty and cooked perfectly. My husband had the salmon which he said was cooked perfectly but could have tasted better. It wasn't bad but could have been better. The desserts were subpar. I had the key lime pie and my husband had the chocolate chip cookies.Special Features:
- Great foodMommaFDined on 8/5/2014We ate at the Oceanaire during restaurant week and the food was quite good. My favorites were the crab Mac and cheese and the hot chocolate chip cookies. The service was attentive. We were seated in the back which I never like but I think they felt it would be cooler and more private. It is not inexpensive but for a special night it is worth it.Special Features:
- The food and drinks were great.lsgdiva1966Dined on 8/5/2014The dining area was impressive. The waitress was a bit condescending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 8/5/2014Not sure we will be going back soon. Service was lacking. Crab cakes were not the best. Disappointed.
- Restaurant Week TreatNicky7Dined on 8/5/2014I won a contest sponsored by Downtown Partnership for $100 gift card to the Oceanaire Seafood Room. My sister and I decided to go there during Restaurant Week to try them out. The server, Nathan was wonderful! He was very attentive and helped me decide to do an office happy hour at their location on a future visit. The calamari appetizer, crab cake and pork chop entrees and side of macaroni and cheese were great. The dessert options were below average (chocolate chip cookies, key lime pie or tangerine sorbet) but the taste of the desserts was fine. We also had the featured Ketel cocktail and a Mojito which they prepared to my liking. Overall, it was a great experience and I will dine there, again.Special Features:
- Lukewarm!JustusVIPDined on 8/4/2014The waiter highly recommended the stuffed fish which was not only lukewarm but tasted like it was a prepackaged frozen entree from Sam's Club or Costo. The desert was good but the wine was overpriced. Lukewarm was my Restaurant Week experience.Special Features:
- First time - good overallTynna76Dined on 8/3/2014We visited the Oceanaire in Baltimore during restaurant week. Their clam chowder, served as an appetizer, is the best I have ever had! Amazing! However, the calamari were nothing special. As main course, try the shrimp and grits; they are really flavorful. On the other hand, the barramundi florentine was a tad plain, it needed some additional herbs or spices. The key lime pie was very rich and intense and the crust was delicious and the tangerine sorbet was very refreshing.Special Features:
- We will definitely visit againJennieDeeDined on 8/1/2014My boyfriend and I visited Oceaniare Seafood Room during Baltimore's Restaurant Week and had never been there before. We were impressed that there seemed to plenty of tables available at 7pm on a Friday night. We were seated at a lovely window booth. Our server (Mary) was very knowledgable about the menu, going over the whole menu with us and answering our questions about certain dishes. I had never tried oysters before, so we ordered the grilled oysters at Mary's recommendation. They were fabulous! my first course was clam chowder, which I had never tried before. It was very good, but was only lukewarm. I had crabcakes as an entree and my boyfriend had shrimp & grits. Both were delicious. We had a light and creamy cheesecake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014The food and wine was excellent and the service outstandingSpecial Features:
- Oceanaire's time has come and goneCantonEmptynestersVIPDined on 8/1/2014I keep forgetting that Oceanaire is owned by the same company that gave us "Bubba Gump's Shrimp Company" and other type places. Oh well, there was a time when Harbor East had only a few places to dine. Oceanaire was the "seafood" one. (Fleming's and Roy's being the others). Oceanaire seems to think that it is still then. They have forgotten and hope you forget that many other places have opened. Granted, we hit Oceanaire during Restaurant Week but don't you think they would roll out the best that kitchen could do? Tired. That's the word we use to describe Oceanaire. Now Oceanaire's kitchen and its' offerings are just a former shadow of herself. On the surface, she still looks good and has not chased away a good staff..wait
- May try twiceEatEatDined on 8/1/2014Scallops were under cooked, the server said "seafood is typically cooked rare to medium rare".. for those that are use to finer dining, well, we know better. Regardless, it was sent back & returned far better than the first go & cooked appropriately. Got a view of the "chilled seafood tower" and was simply underwhelmed (Catch 31 of Va. Beach is the best we've seen so far). There was tuna poke app which left wonder as to where the tuna had been left, what was there was good but we've had a much tastier, similar app at "The Source" is phenomenal in contrast. As for the dessert, we were offered the "Alaska on Fire", after being told it was yellow cake lit on fire, we passed for a wonderful experience with cheesecake (berry & key lime).Special Features:
- Great FishIady605Dined on 7/30/2014We always enjoy our meals at Oceanaire. We had the prefixe which was a good deal. The only complaint I had this time was that the bus boy was overly anxious to clear the table. I had to tell him several times that we were still eating and at the end of the meal he had taken my knife away before I was done spreading butter on my bread. Otherwise, we had an enjoyable evening and our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Tad priceyAnderdw2Dined on 7/26/2014Food was very good although my steak was overlooked. Otherwise excellent meal and outstanding service. Would go again, on the pricey side but worth it for special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShrimpngritzyDined on 7/25/2014As always, a wonderful dining experience. I would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Delicious food, unfriendly serverNolatxDined on 7/20/2014The server (older gentleman, may have been named Larry) was the worst part of this experience. The restaurant was sparsely populated on a Sunday night yet they sat us next to a large party. We asked to move. Then the server misinterpreted our request for glasses of wine to be a bottle (for $88) and when we said no a glass, he was condescending. The menu is confusing in that it lists the year of vintage then the bottle price, but with a 12, for example, it looked like the per glass price. It also seemed as though he was judging us because we ordered several appetizers as entrees. The bill came to over $100 so I am not sure why he would have acted like we were cheap customers. The food was good, especially the seafood tower appetizer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great!DateNightByMeDined on 7/19/2014I took my boyfriend, who is in the military, there for a welcome home/anniversary celebration. The food was delicious! I had shrimp and grits, my boyfriend had the crabcakes, and for sides we had lobster risotto. He had the cheesecake and loved it as well. It was all really really good! Our server Tony was just a great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st ExperienceDisappointedDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. We were dressed for the occasion. The food was great, the ambiance was great, the service was horrible. We were celebrating our anniversary so we wanted to be seated in a quiet area. They seated a party of 3 next to us. To top it off our waiter comes over to our table to get our empty plate and notices that is still one shrimp left on our plate. So then he proceeds to tell us that we had one "skrimp" left. Then asks us when we tip can we tip him cash so he can catch a cab home. We were deeply humiliated. This type of experience was completely unexpected for the amount of money this restaurant charges per plate.Special Features:
- bad serviceluckydinerDined on 7/18/2014waiters were inattentive, poorly trained and forgetful. Food was good
- Fun place to celebrate a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/18/2014Delicious food and excellent service, good time had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.