Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
801 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 4438720000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM -11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Joseph Pastore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)romantic (82)fit for foodies (59)notable wine list (58)good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (20)scenic view (18)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Awesome Place to EatTigerFanDined on 9/13/2014I cant say enough about the Oceanaire Seafood Room in Baltimore - wait staff was great - always coming by to check on us. Food was wonderful and my steak was cooked to perfection. The food was well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BilmaDined on 9/12/2014We were a group of 4. We had a perfect evening, perfect dinner...perfect service at this restaurant. We would go back today if possible. Everythng about the restaurant was fabulous. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightdwfromslcDined on 9/12/2014we are from Utah. we ate here on accident one month ago. we returned specifically to see the Orioles rained out game. a must do became a return to your restaurant. well done all. if I come back to Balt. you'll be on my list again. thanks.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014This was our second visit. We had high expectations and they were not met. The menu had limited fresh fish selections. This restaurant is not cheap so it must meet a high standard. On this visit it did not.
- scpjho39Dined on 9/9/2014Maitre d' did a great job of giving us a quiet table so we could all conduct business and have a great dinner; food was plentiful especially the seafood platter, which in itself could have been a main dinner course; entrees were also very good and came out timing wise really well after the large appetizer.Special Features:
- PumpkinruseDined on 9/9/2014Great dinner! Great service, great place. Another wonderful evening at Oceannaire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicemc0523Dined on 9/7/2014Mike was our server for our dinner and understood that we were with a limited amount of time and expedited our dinner. It was a beautiful experience for the people I brought with meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My food was very tasty. Seafood was very fresh. The service and atmosphere was perfect for my anniversary. My husband and I will definatly dine there again.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!Charmen928Dined on 9/5/2014The team is wonderful, very personable from the valets to the managers. Made us feel so special. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the full menu and what sprits go best with what fare. We have gone on different occasions to celebrate life events and have never been disappointed. The seafood selections are always fresh, and everything from the appetizers to the desserts are delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food OK.DrJTDined on 9/3/2014Great service, good atmosphere, food OK. I do not feel the menu justifies the expense.
- First time diningcoolCDined on 9/1/2014For my wife's birthday, I decided to make reservations at The Oceanaire. It was both of our first time dining here and we loved it. The initial reservation process was very simple, the valet was pleasant, the host and service staff were all professional and welcoming which all culminated into a wonderful and memorable dining experience for my wife's birthday dinner. We will certainly be adding The Oceanaire to our frequent dining list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place; one SNAFUKLTseafoodDined on 8/31/2014Upon entry, the host was friendly and efficient. The waiter was friendly, very knowledgeable wrt the menu, and attentive without being a helicopter server. The Maryland crab soup was adequate, the Chilean Sea Bass was amazing, and the ambiance was almost perfect. The only reason I gave Oceanaire's ambiance three stars, and rated its noise level as energetic was because two VERY drunk men were seated next to us during the middle of dinner. I know restaurants don't have control over who comes into their restaurant, but it was difficult to look past that dining speed bump. Nonetheless I will undoubtedly eat there again (hopefully sans drunkards), and recommend it to others. I am still thinking about the sea bass. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great atmosphere.Kmill25Dined on 8/31/2014We went on a Sunday night. The filet was very tender and and stuffed sea bass was flavorful. I would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Fun With FriendsJoeGrubVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed meeting up with friends we hadn't seen in 20 years but the food was just OK. Our server was gregarious and energetic. Attentive too. Our bread was delivered after we were nearly done with apps. Crab cake app was OK. However, if you are going to serve crab cakes in a town known for crab products, you might want to step your game up just a bit. My wife's calamari app was seasoned perfectly and quite delicious. My shrimp scampi was serviceable.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Was impressed by the level of knowledge and expertise of the waiter with great suggestions. Food very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceanaire Seafood Room-OUTSTANDINGDebbieDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went to Oceanaire to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. The service was outstanding. Our server answered our many questions about the drink and food menus and also described the specials for the evening. My husband loved the petit filet, and I equally enjoyed the tile fish. In addition, we ordered a nice bottle of reasonably priced Super Tuscan wine that was suggested by our server. The wine was delicious and worked well with both the filet and the fish. Dessert was an enormous piece of the best key lime pie I've ever had, and the portion was more than enough for two. Oceanaire is pricey but worth the money. I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for something special.Special Features:
- Always greatmartymar1970Dined on 8/29/2014This is one of our favorite spots. Great seafood and services. Wine list is extensive. Menu is diverse and they always seem to have good specials. A great place for fine dining experience or a special occasion.Special Features:
- jwmarcDined on 8/28/2014Excellent seafood meal.. Well prepared and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceAllAyz215Dined on 8/28/2014The food, location and service were stellar! Will be sure to definitely recommend to all looking for a top notch dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuantityliwasbDined on 8/24/2014The food was well prepared but a filet and seafood combo had only about 3 medium sized shrimp. Expensive but left still hungry.
- CeebearDined on 8/24/2014I had a wonderful time, the food was outstanding. I'm happy that i picked this place for my 1 year anniversary. Also the service was outstanding, Thanks Mike!!Special Features:
- Celebrated 2 bdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Had a great dinner 8/23 with my boyfriend's family to celebrate 2 birthdays. It was great! Food, service, timely when bringing out courses, helped celebrate the birthdays. I brought a cake and candles but they also did a cool presentation with their in house Baked Alaska. We were a party of 7. Will def return! Thanks again.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!GlennDined on 8/22/2014We had our anniversary dinner there and were treated very special! The food was great and service was amazing! We had a perfect booth that was cozy and comfy!! It was a perfect experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableBriggsDined on 8/18/2014Very enjoyable quiet dinner with outstanding service. A must when you come to Baltimore Inner Harbor. :)Special Features:
- Another great meal!MikepodDined on 8/16/2014We had another excellent experience at Oceanaire! Our waiter Earl was outstanding. No complaints whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great goofKellyDined on 8/16/2014Food was good. So was service except for taking a little long to get our breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notthatpickyDined on 8/16/2014The food was above average, however the presentation of the lobster was lack luster; lobster meat in a bowl! the service was atrocious. It took fifteen minutes to be greeted and then it was JUST a greeting. He had to come back to take a drink order. When he arrived with the drinks we said we were ready to order; he took out his pad and promptly left our table to take an order from a five top behind us. He never went over the menu or selections of the day and we had to ask for bread and at cleanup not all the dirty dishes were removed from the table. we probably saw our waiter a total of four times from the moment we sat down until we left the table. We will not go back.....................Special Features:
- Over-pricedDBlair2230Dined on 8/15/2014I know this is a chain restaurant, but from the glowing reviews I was expecting much better. The service was slow, and the waiter forgot my drink. The food was expensive, very little local fare was on the menu - even though this is a seafood restaurant in Baltimore on the Inner Harbor. I had the salmon, pretty good, but it is hard to screw-up salmon. The fish came with nothing else, all the sides were extra and very expensive. My husband had the pork chop, and again, nothing to write home about. Dessert was a small slice of cheesecake that I could have got at the local grocery store, it didn't even have whipped cream on the top. Super boring. Probably will not be going back to this restuarant again in the future.Special Features:
- Overpriced for modest qualityoldprofessorDined on 8/15/2014For the high cost you expect more than this dining experience delivers. The food is good but not great. The servings are large but bland. All the sides seem to involve putting parmesan cheese on something. The presentation was nice but no attempt to add color or texture to the food. A slab of roasted fish on top of a pile of mashed potatoes is not very exciting. The waiter was friendly, but not particularly attentive. I had eaten at the Oceanaire in Denver so knew what I was getting, and still was disappointed.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedDisappointedDined on 8/11/2014I selected the Oceanaire wanting to display Baltimore's excellent seafood cusine to out of state clients. While the meal was not bad, it didn't live up to the reputation, nor the price. In ordering surf & turf, I found the steak to be adequate & the accompanying crab oscar arrived 15 minutes after the steak was served. In addition, the service was especially slow as we frequently waited for wine refills, the dessert menu & ultimately the check. The waiter, though knowledgeable of the menu, was slow and forgetful at times. Lastly, we read reviews prior to dining & were looking forward to the warm cookies and milk from the menu; only to learn they were out of stock. Again, the meal itself was not bad, but did not live up to they hype.
- Wonderful service!Joannarose12VIPDined on 8/10/2014I took my fiancé here for his birthday and we were treated like royalty by the staff. We sat at a beautiful table and the menu was personalized as a take home. They were out of the size of lobster my fiancé ordered and they gave him a larger one for no extra cost. We also received a free baked Alaska and the food was DELICIOUS!!!! I would definitely come back here again and greatly appreciated the wonderful service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cookieDined on 8/10/2014I attended the restaurant during Baltimore restaurant. The prices were little pricey and the portions were small. I loved the location and very accommodating when I was late for my reservationSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Seafoodmai13Dined on 8/9/2014Austria's Barramundi is their special fish. You can only find Barramundi fish in Oceanaire. The menu is well thought out. Lots of good selection such as Shrimp and Grits and Great Calamari.Special Features:
- Excellent mealSpencermdDined on 8/9/2014The entire staff was attentive and made sure your dining experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningpackygirlVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were there last Saturday night. Valet parking was easy, our reservation was ready, the server was great, the food selections were amazing and the food itself was outstanding! So glad we chose Oceanaire! Thanks for participating in Restaurant week! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops to Die ForOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014We went for Restaurant Week, energetic atmosphere, good people watching by the window, fabulous location at Harbor East, food absolutely delicious (you can order any type of seafood cooked any way you like), drinks amazing (espresso-tini, irish coffee perfect), service excellent, would definitely return!Special Features:
- Good foodLisaDined on 8/8/2014Went here for restaurant week for dinner on a Friday. Made reservations for 4, sat down right away. The waiter was excellent and very attentive. Among us four we had the calamari, house salad, barramundi florentine, shrimp and grits and crabcakes. The portions were good. The crabcakes were actually pretty good except for a few scales. The first bite I took had a scale in them. We ordered the lobster risotto and mac and cheesy scalloped potatoes with bacon on top. Both were good. For dessert, we had the cheesecake accompanied by a berry compote. Delicious, I had no more room so I took mine home. The other couple had warm chocolate chip cookies. Jokingly, my friend said milk would be good. He got his glass of milk! Overall, I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of money and timeDisappointedby4Dined on 8/8/2014Had dinner reservations at 6:30 got there early and had happy hour prices at the bar. Bartender was great. Got seated right away and ordered. Got appetizers right away and then entree soon followed. Then it went down hill. We sat for 15 minutes after we finished for dishes to be cleaned away. Another 15 minutes trying to get waiter's attention to get coffee. Another 15 minutes waiting for desert. Only way we got more coffee was when he brought the check. We gave him credit card right away so we didn't have to continue to wait. So $40 bucks at the bar $175 for dinner for four (Baltimore Restaurant Week) and leaving angry and disappointed. Valet parking was great deal only $8.00 few bucks more than self park but worth it.
- Delicious and Filling!MeggDined on 8/6/2014Although I did not particularly enjoy the open environment of the dining room, the food was incredible and extremely filling. The clam chowder was very creamy and rich, but very thick with clams. The barramundi stuffed with spinach, crab, and shrimp was a large portion of juicy, and flavorful fish- and their key lime pie was one of the best I've ever had. You still get a bit of the "chain" type feel with some of the dishes, but overall it was an extremely satisfying meal where all the staff made you feel special.Special Features:
- Restaurant week surpriseAprilSDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I liked the menu we saw on online when we were looking for places to eat during restaurant week. When we arrived the service was great. The restaurant was beautiful. The food was delicious! My husband had a view of the Orioles game playing at the bar which he was very happy about. They also had a $1 oyster special that night, that we took advantage of. I'm not an oyster fan but I must say the grilled Chesapeake oysters were amazing. The pork chop was very tasty and cooked perfectly. My husband had the salmon which he said was cooked perfectly but could have tasted better. It wasn't bad but could have been better. The desserts were subpar. I had the key lime pie and my husband had the chocolate chip cookies.Special Features: