Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
801 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 4438720000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM -11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Joseph Pastore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)romantic (78)fit for foodies (65)notable wine list (56)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (18)scenic view (15)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Seafood RestaurantImaFoodieDined on 10/17/2014This is not my first occasion to frequent the restaurant. Oceanaire continues to be one of my favorites because the food is delicious and the service is impeccable. Although I usually go for the happy hour, this was a special occasion so we chose to have dinner. It was definitely a 5 star experience. Oceanaire continues to be a food lover's delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice business dinner locationCarnivoreDined on 10/16/2014Went here on business. Good food, good service. Decent place to take clients.Special Features:
- great ServiceCaptain4dineDined on 10/14/2014Our waiter "Steve" did a great job. The restaurant and the Food was fantastic. Steve had serviced my table once before. This guy really performs with utmost passion for what he does at best. Thank you Steve!!Special Features:
- Dinnerontu64Dined on 10/11/2014Always good and fun Service is excellent, servings are appropriate and price is reasonable.Special Features:
- Don't miss this!chrisgDined on 10/10/2014A trip to the Inner Harbor wouldn't be complete without dining at Oceanaire. Not for casual drop-ins or shorts and jeans, but an upscale, business casual spot with an extensive seafood menu, attentive waitstaff and generous portions of perfectly cooked food make this a great place to finish off a day of sight-seeing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWilmerandSusanDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I had a really good meal the suggested wine was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very poor serviceSheriffDined on 10/4/2014the waiter spend more of his time with other tables then us. After been sitted to our table It took 25 or more munites before the waiter came to our table to take our orders.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our waiter asst was very good Josh His asst delivered wrong orders twice to our table. Despite making reservation 24 hrs in advance we were given poor options for table -- outside kitchen, next to front door and next to bathrooms. It was planned as a special occasion. It turned out to be disappointing
- The CrabcakesPanthergalDined on 9/27/2014Being from out-of-state, we were looking forward to good Maryland crabcakes. These were highly breaded with little crab. For the price, we expected much better!
- Excellent ExperiencePhillyvisitorVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful food, great service, lively atmosphere. Had a wonderful dinner at Oceanaire this past weekend. My family of 4 samples many of the menu selections and greated a great overall experience. The servers are very knowledgeable and eager to please. I would return any timeSpecial Features:
- Great food, poor serverJennouttodinnerDined on 9/27/2014The food was wonderful. We were greeted immediately at the door. Our server was not as attentive as I would have hoped. It took about 40 minutes for us to finally place our order. Food came quickly but we had to ask for things a few times.Special Features:
- Wonderful, but a bit priceyGeorgeepaDined on 9/26/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and the staff went out of their way to make it extra special. The food was delicious. One warning, its expensive, but we would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- It's TruedananddebbieDined on 9/26/2014I had read other reviews and despite the negative reports about the service I wanted to give it a try. IT'S TRUE... the service was poor. As soon as the waiter realized that we were getting the nights special, his attitude changed ,, despite ordering a $ 100.00 bottle of wine ( wine was not worth the price ) There are many Great places to eat in Baltimore, sadly to say this is not one of them.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Service was knowledgable and attentive. Food was another story. Mediocre at best. Add in the price and it's disappointing.
- JinnyDined on 9/21/2014The location was perfect, beautiful scenery and very romantic, was taken there for my birthday and the food was great also, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambassadors not wait StaffTheCuteOldCoupleDined on 9/20/2014I have been to Oceanaire in DC several times this was my first experience with the one in Baltimore. The most impressive feature of this restaurant group is how the wait staff goes out of their way to be positivie ambassadors for the restaurant. They go far beyond "Would you like to hear our specials?" They are engaging rather than bored order takers. Our experience in Baltimore reached the management level as well. Great food, great service and for once I even broke with tradition and took the waiters recommendation - mThe Halibut. It was fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014I visit Oceanaire restaurants across the states when I travel. They are always very service oriented and deliver consistent food qulaity. Would recommned this establishment to everyone who is looking for great food and ambiance... I would add one other special note...Anytime I make an Open Table reservation I have always felt the restaurant works extra hard to make the experience positive. Either by tabel locaiton or any special accomodations...Special Features:
- Disappointed with the foodWCARDined on 9/20/2014We had eaten here last year and the food, service and ambiance were great. This time 9/20/2014 the service was not good, the food was disappointing with overcooked fish an steak and a disappointing kale salad, we will not be back after spending approx $250+ without wine, was overpriced and the food was mediocre at best. Next time Sullivan's Steak house in Baltimore has great seafood, is pricely like Oceanaire but the food, service and ambiance for steaks and seafood are outstanding time after time.
- Another Good OneBakerFoodieVIPDined on 9/17/2014I have enjoyed several Oceanaire locations they have all been great...Special Features:
- A Night to CelebrateMikoDined on 9/15/2014This was certainly a special and unique evening. This was my 30th Wedding Anniversary to the Woman who is my heat and soul mate. I had asked three close friends and the Oceanaire Seafood Room in Baltimore was their number one recommendation . We parked nearby and walked the Inner Harbor to unwind from our everyday routine. We arrived and began our delightful evening with various sumptuous selections. Our waiter was most attentive, engaging, professional. My wife was impressed by the drink and food selections. The night was a success.Special Features:
- Awesome Place to EatTigerFanDined on 9/13/2014I cant say enough about the Oceanaire Seafood Room in Baltimore - wait staff was great - always coming by to check on us. Food was wonderful and my steak was cooked to perfection. The food was well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BilmaDined on 9/12/2014We were a group of 4. We had a perfect evening, perfect dinner...perfect service at this restaurant. We would go back today if possible. Everythng about the restaurant was fabulous. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightdwfromslcDined on 9/12/2014we are from Utah. we ate here on accident one month ago. we returned specifically to see the Orioles rained out game. a must do became a return to your restaurant. well done all. if I come back to Balt. you'll be on my list again. thanks.Special Features:
- Disappointedluv2danceDined on 9/10/2014This was our second visit. We had high expectations and they were not met. The menu had limited fresh fish selections. This restaurant is not cheap so it must meet a high standard. On this visit it did not.
- scpjho39Dined on 9/9/2014Maitre d' did a great job of giving us a quiet table so we could all conduct business and have a great dinner; food was plentiful especially the seafood platter, which in itself could have been a main dinner course; entrees were also very good and came out timing wise really well after the large appetizer.Special Features:
- PumpkinruseDined on 9/9/2014Great dinner! Great service, great place. Another wonderful evening at Oceannaire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicemc0523Dined on 9/7/2014Mike was our server for our dinner and understood that we were with a limited amount of time and expedited our dinner. It was a beautiful experience for the people I brought with meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My food was very tasty. Seafood was very fresh. The service and atmosphere was perfect for my anniversary. My husband and I will definatly dine there again.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!Charmen928Dined on 9/5/2014The team is wonderful, very personable from the valets to the managers. Made us feel so special. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the full menu and what sprits go best with what fare. We have gone on different occasions to celebrate life events and have never been disappointed. The seafood selections are always fresh, and everything from the appetizers to the desserts are delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food OK.DrJTDined on 9/3/2014Great service, good atmosphere, food OK. I do not feel the menu justifies the expense.
- First time diningcoolCDined on 9/1/2014For my wife's birthday, I decided to make reservations at The Oceanaire. It was both of our first time dining here and we loved it. The initial reservation process was very simple, the valet was pleasant, the host and service staff were all professional and welcoming which all culminated into a wonderful and memorable dining experience for my wife's birthday dinner. We will certainly be adding The Oceanaire to our frequent dining list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place; one SNAFUKLTseafoodDined on 8/31/2014Upon entry, the host was friendly and efficient. The waiter was friendly, very knowledgeable wrt the menu, and attentive without being a helicopter server. The Maryland crab soup was adequate, the Chilean Sea Bass was amazing, and the ambiance was almost perfect. The only reason I gave Oceanaire's ambiance three stars, and rated its noise level as energetic was because two VERY drunk men were seated next to us during the middle of dinner. I know restaurants don't have control over who comes into their restaurant, but it was difficult to look past that dining speed bump. Nonetheless I will undoubtedly eat there again (hopefully sans drunkards), and recommend it to others. I am still thinking about the sea bass. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great atmosphere.Kmill25Dined on 8/31/2014We went on a Sunday night. The filet was very tender and and stuffed sea bass was flavorful. I would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Fun With FriendsJoeGrubVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed meeting up with friends we hadn't seen in 20 years but the food was just OK. Our server was gregarious and energetic. Attentive too. Our bread was delivered after we were nearly done with apps. Crab cake app was OK. However, if you are going to serve crab cakes in a town known for crab products, you might want to step your game up just a bit. My wife's calamari app was seasoned perfectly and quite delicious. My shrimp scampi was serviceable.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Was impressed by the level of knowledge and expertise of the waiter with great suggestions. Food very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceanaire Seafood Room-OUTSTANDINGDebbieDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went to Oceanaire to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. The service was outstanding. Our server answered our many questions about the drink and food menus and also described the specials for the evening. My husband loved the petit filet, and I equally enjoyed the tile fish. In addition, we ordered a nice bottle of reasonably priced Super Tuscan wine that was suggested by our server. The wine was delicious and worked well with both the filet and the fish. Dessert was an enormous piece of the best key lime pie I've ever had, and the portion was more than enough for two. Oceanaire is pricey but worth the money. I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for something special.Special Features:
- Always greatmartymar1970Dined on 8/29/2014This is one of our favorite spots. Great seafood and services. Wine list is extensive. Menu is diverse and they always seem to have good specials. A great place for fine dining experience or a special occasion.Special Features:
- jwmarcDined on 8/28/2014Excellent seafood meal.. Well prepared and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceAllAyz215Dined on 8/28/2014The food, location and service were stellar! Will be sure to definitely recommend to all looking for a top notch dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuantityliwasbDined on 8/24/2014The food was well prepared but a filet and seafood combo had only about 3 medium sized shrimp. Expensive but left still hungry.