Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
1100 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 4044752277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Murphy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 12th
- Public Transit: We are located between the Midtown & Arts Center MARTA Train Stations. MARTA Bus line has multiple stops along our block of Peachtree Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: $5 Valet parking available evenings 7 days a week. Street parking is available on side streets however, Oceanaire can not guarantee street parking.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)romantic (88)fit for foodies (68)good for groups (54)notable wine list (42)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (17)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Loved Oceanaire!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014What a wonderful Sunday night experience. Not crowded, nice ambiance and very attentive service. We were celebrating a birthday and had a lovely surprise...the menu for the night had Orlando's name on it! nice touch! Our server (Lucky) was amazing. She made wonderful recommendations for the dinner, explained items on the menu and made sure we were happy. She was the best! The lobster was wonderful. Nice and buttery. The lobster mac 'n cheese was to die for. My only criticism on the veggies would be that the sauté spinach was a little bland. Would have enjoyed garlic sautéed in with it. The night ended with a special dessert for the birthday guy, Baked Alaska! Yummy!!! In all, our experience was delightful and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/15/2014Had a small business dinner there. The service was a little slow but not intrusive so it worked out well. The food was excellent and the drinks were great.Special Features:
- ChattfanChattDined on 9/15/2014Our first visit to the restruant. Both of us chose Chef's selection with appetizers. Scallops and shrimp were excellent. Cooked perfectly. Chowder was very creamy and an athantic taste for TN. Oysters Rockafeller, filling was tasty but oyster difficult to find.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/15/2014Our waiter Daniel was the best . I dont think I have had better . His approach , knowledge and humor was standout enjoyable . will go back to see him when in Atlanta .Special Features:
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/15/2014This is my go-to spot for a power lunch. They are efficient, excellent service and the food is always great.Special Features:
- What's Not to Like?The4thJudgeDined on 9/14/2014The service was outstanding. Thank you Faurose(sp?). The food was excellent. The only thing I would make patrons aware of is privacy. Our table, while in a great location and very comfortable, was adjacent to a servers station. While the booths are high backed, servers waiting at the station to attend to your every need seem to hover a bit and so, I felt that our privacy and private conversation was impacted. Yet, it was not to the extent that it was uncomfortable or I would've requested another table. Just be aware. They were very present right next to the booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantabulous...leeriderDined on 9/13/2014I chose this restaurant for a birthday celebration with my fiancé and we had the best, romantic evening. The service was very attentive and the food was fresh and delicious. We chose all fish and lobster and it was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014It took 20 minutes to receive starters, 30 for entree and 30 for dessert. We had to wait an additional after 15 after receive check to pay it. Dont plan to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food and ambiance was excellent.. We wished we had better service from our waiter kevin.. He was too busy taking care of a table next to us and giving them all the attention and dropped the ball on us...Special Features:
- utter disappointmentladylionDined on 9/12/2014I had the surface and turf...and I had to send it back 2 Times. I rarely send food back. Overrated and I suggest you save your money.
- Awesome date nightArticulate12Dined on 9/12/2014The service is impeccable. The staff went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed this memorable experience. We had a great time and the for was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointingATLdinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Almost all dishes were over-salted and therefore difficult or impossible to eat. I like salt but not this much! We sent the calamari back twice because it was inedible. The bibb salad was tasty but swimming in dressing. The grilled scallops in lemon caper sauce were only edible once removed from the incredibly salty sauce. Staff kept bumping my chair every time they passed by. The waiter had too many tables to be efficient. Overall, the experience was at the level of a chain restaurant and not worth the expense. We won't be going back.
- Dinner OutWadeBDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I went to Oceanaire for the first time the other night, we started with the crab cakes and had the Alaskan salmon for the main course. It was good especially the salmon but not great. The service was good but not great, they were very friendly when we arrived gave us a nice booth seat but didn't bring us any bread, forgot to open our bottle of wine. So that is why my overall impression was that it is good but not great.
- Great service & food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014We were a little leery, since a few visits to the Miami locale were disappointing, but this was a great experience. Our Server Kyle guided us through wine selections and also introduced us to some tasty oysters we hadn't experienced before. Would go back for sure.
- my favorite neighborhood restuarantadinningfamilyDined on 9/9/2014This is my favorite neighborhood place to dine. The service is always top notch and the food is always prepared to our desire. I have a nine year old daughter and my wife and I appreciate the fact that she is welcomed. Our family dines out at least 3 to 4 nights a week and we enjoy Oceanaire because it provides the best of intimacy, fine dinning, great service and yet very comfortable.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Experienceshantellhall78Dined on 9/8/2014My daughter and I were celebrating a special occasion. The service was stellar and the food was spectacular! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doncDined on 9/8/2014The food at Oceanaire is always excellent, and the service is professional. The decor is very attractiveSpecial Features:
- Superb Service and SeafoodPammieDined on 9/8/2014Went for a special occasion lunch to celebrate our birthday. We started off with a cocktail, and a small tray of vegetables plus bread were brought to our table. We shared jumbo (and I mean "Jumbo") shrimp cocktail plus crab cake appetizers; a side of fried asparagus (a beautiful and delicious way to serve asparagus); and an entree of grilled scallops that were very tasty! We had a nice white wine recommended by our waiter. We were then surprised by a sweet little baked Alaska for dessert in honor of our birthday. We were treated like royalty, and even our menu was printed with our names and later rolled up like a diploma and presented to us before we left. A memorable birthday dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST SEAFOOD IN ATLANTA!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here and absolutely loved it. Despite it being just a little on the price side, it was well worth it, especially for a special occasion. We both took leftovers home and was just as good. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chain restaurant fell shortMisoVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a great experience in terms of service, greeted and seated properly, very romantic seating (albeit so dark the couple next to us used flashlights on their phone to read the menu), and our waiter was nice. Water was refilled and dishes removed promptly as well. We both had the prix fixe meal for Midtown Restaurant week and after our appetizer, we waited 30-40 min. for our main dish. The redfish came out completely dry and warm, and I couldn't cut into it with a fork. My husband's corvina was better. The crab cake was ok and the tomato crab bisque was quite good. Mango sorbet was good and tiramisu just ok. I complained and they comped my fish, but we just felt the food fell far short of the prices. I would never come spend the $ here.Special Features:
- AmbiancepeterweestrawDined on 9/6/2014lighting needed to be a little brighter so you can see you food presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a ripoffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Restaurant did not feature the menu listed on it's website. We ended up being charged over twice what we expected. They offered no apology for their misrepresentation. I was seriously upset and disappointed. We would have selected another dining experience.
- Oceanaire is FABULOUSglitter3Dined on 9/6/2014I went to the Oceanaire to celebrate my birthday. It was Midtown restaurant week and so we partook in the 35.00 pre-fixe menu. The food was excellent, but the service was over the top wonderful. Daniel Holson, our waiter was absolute perfection. I have never had a more attentive, courteous, knowledgeable waiter. I highly recommend both the restaurant and Mr. Holson!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food And ServiceChellieDined on 9/6/2014We took advantage of the Midtown restaurant week at Oceanaire. Everything from the decor to the service and especially the food was extraordinary. My husband and I loved our experience so much that we are definitely coming back for more in the future.Special Features:
- 30 couldn't be any betterSkydinesDined on 9/5/2014I recently booked a reservation for 10 for my 30th birthday. When I arrived most of my guest were running late and some opted out T the last minute. The hostess was understanding and accommodating the entire time. My waited was also always addressing me by name when taking orders and checking on the table. The drinks at the bar were fantastic. I loved the dinner and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kyle was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful food, beautifully prepared. Kyle was a fantastic server and the hostesses did a wonderful job in helping my date celebrate his birthday. I really appreciate the team for making that such a successful night.Special Features:
- Michael. SMikeandChandra82514Dined on 8/25/2014Let me say, this was one of the BEST place that my wife and I could have spent our special day at, it's a must to visit. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out !OutonthetownDined on 8/23/2014I have traveled by Oceanair several times, always wondering about the Resturant. After eating there Saturday night it is now one of my favorite fresh fish restaurants in Atlanta. I decided to try it with my parents, whom claim to be vegans but still eat fish. The food was absolutely delicious. Our waiter recommended the chiefs special. I had the Tuna. The service was great, wine perfect, and desserts to die for. Over all a wonderful experience. One word of advice, don't miss the $5 parking for the Resturant, it is hard to find so watch for the small sign for valet off Peachtree street next their building.Special Features:
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/22/2014After a long day, my wife, young daugther and I had dinner at the Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta. From the time we walked in the host greeted us a welcome smile and our waiter Luckie was the best. She recommend some dishes on the menu which we tryed them and the food was GREAT!!!! This place, with it's staff and food are tops with a five star rating across the board. Can't wait to go back, you guy's keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it !Momof3Dined on 8/22/2014Good food , drinks and service . Atmosphere was very nice and the location is good . I was born in atlanta and have been up and down peachtree st many times never noticed this place . But it was a good find .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- williebbDined on 8/20/2014The food was excellant and the portions were just right,not too little not too much. Otherwise this is definately a good choice for special occassions or just everyday fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ecstatic2damaxDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I wanted to try something new and this was a perfect choice! We will be returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialDined on 8/15/2014It was my husband's birthday and we had a fantastic time! We celebrated with two other couples and we all enjoyed ourselves. The food was excellent and sides large enough to accommodate the group. My husband was so surprised to have a take home menu with personal wishes for a Happy Birthday. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunchGG2014Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent service, excellent food. The food is always wonderful and the service top notch. On this day we added salmon to the house salad and it was the perfect lunch. Oceanaire is a favorite spot when our office is celebrating a birthday or other special occasion.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceRandyDined on 8/12/2014The food was superb. The service was the absolute best.Special Features:
- Protein2014Dined on 8/12/2014The service was excellent and the food was spectacular. Top of the line menu selections. We visit Oceanaire every time we come to Atlanta. It is truly a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!RarecutDined on 8/9/2014The ambiance is inviting, white table cloth centered by dimly-lit candles. Our server's name was Lucky and she was not only knowledgeable of the menu, but conversed in a way to recommend items to your liking. Louis took great care of the table. We began with the Fried Asparagus coupled with bowls of soup. The tomato crab bisque was amazing. I had the traditional surf and turf, magnificent and my husband had salmon. He praised it. Overall, I would recommend the Oceanaire Seafood Room to anyone looking for an easy upscale wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- DeliciousKbkingVIPDined on 8/8/2014I took a prospect on a business lunch. The atmosphere and menu were impressive. The noise level was the perfect level to be able to carry on a business discussion. I had the crab melt and can't wait to go back and have it again. Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiversityDined on 8/3/2014I am always generally pleased when I hosts guests at Oceannaire-especially those who have never gone. With this most recent visit, my guest ended up coming back the very next day. There was a bit of a mix up on my order but it was minor and was promptly taken care of. One of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Dining ExperienceGraspDined on 8/2/2014We started with "Perfect G&T" cocktails. Hendricks gin, elderflower liqueur and tonic. They were so good we had another. At $15 though, next time we'll just order one. The clam chowder was the best my wife ever tasted, and she is from New England. My bisque was good. Our entree, king salmon, was flawless and had a nice, mild flavor. Well worth $40. My wife had the white blend wine. She called it delicious. My red blend was not as good a choice. Dessert was a baked Alaska. It should have stayed in Alaska. Our server, David, was excellent: Attentive yet not overbearing. Bottom line: Highly recommended. For some, the evening might seem a little steep for a couple of hundred bucks. I thought it had real value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.