Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
1100 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: (404) 475-2277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Murphy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 12th
- Public Transit: We are located between the Midtown & Arts Center MARTA Train Stations. MARTA Bus line has multiple stops along our block of Peachtree Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: $5 Valet parking available evenings 7 days a week. Street parking is available on side streets however, Oceanaire can not guarantee street parking.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)romantic (93)fit for foodies (67)good for groups (63)notable wine list (50)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (22)scenic view (15)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Great Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014I loved this place! I went to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday & it was awesome! The entire staff was accommodating. The food was amazing & so was the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The staff were excellent. The waitress was very informed and her delivery was well articulated, coupled with her charming personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO expense for the food being service .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Small portion , corn call late, My meal look like the Mai has been cut in half. My wife lobster was good.Special Features:
- 50/50JARIDined on 11/15/2014Dined for our anniversary dinner recently. Service was fabulous, probably one of the most knowledgable severs we've encountered at a restaurant. I think his name was Michael. Very good. I had the grilled salmon which was slightly overlooked, my wife had scallops which were fabulous. Prob the best scallops she (we) has had. I give it a 50/50 because it's not necessarily a restaurant Id run back to. Service was great, but the food (for their prices) wasn't really worth it overall. Maybe an off night.Special Features:
- Wife's birthdaytrynuplacesDined on 11/8/2014The service was some of the best I have ever had at any restaurant. The menu selections were very good. Our disappointment came when we ordered. We had a party of 4 for 7:30. We all placed our order. 10 minutes later 2 of us had to order something else. 10 minutes after that, a third person in our party had to order something else. All due to not having enough fresh seafood in stock. I understand they have only fresh seafood, but running out of 3 different entrées at 7:30? Spoke with the manager, who was nice and comped desert but was not very apologetic about the situation. The food was good but I expected a little better given the cost. Quite expensive.Special Features:
- AwesometastesgreatDined on 11/8/2014The shrimp and grits appetizer is "THE BEST". My wife and I enjoyed the whole evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your money hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014Food was heavily salted and loaded with cream sauces. Service was just fair and prices were ridiculously expensive.
- Boring menuIluvcrabsDined on 11/8/2014Everything was just average. No surprises. Good service, but was shocked that they had no seafood except grilled, pan-seared or broiled fish. There are so many exciting ways to cook seafood and this was not the place. They tout fresh fish flown in daily, yet the menu was exactly the same the entire week I stalked it prior to going. No whole fish preparation and all the food was extremely bland. The mashed potatoes and salad dressing were terrible. No seasoning in the crab cakes and no sauce on the Pacific Corvina "luis" style although the fish was quite tasty. I expected much more for the money spent here. They just need a chef with imagination to guide the kitchen and I think they would have a chance of getting my business back.
- Everything was great but the fooddiamondgirl59VIPDined on 11/7/2014The ambiance is elegant and the noise level makes conversation enjoyable. The wine list is interesting and reasonable. The service was excellent. The batter on the fried shrimp was slightly sweet. The tartar sauce was bland. My husband's scallops were gritty. The lobster & Gouda Mac-n-cheese was disappointing. The only bright spot of our dinner, the match stick fries were truly delicious.
- Very goodBodinerDined on 11/5/2014We took our family there for a big birthday celebration and it was great. The food was fabulous and everybody had a great time.Special Features:
- Great place for a business lunch -RiskManagerDined on 11/4/2014Food is always good, and dependable, and ambiance is nice - Tables not too close together, music smooth and easy, quiet enough for conversation even with a fairly large group. Midtown Atlanta location is a block from our corporate office so a real plus for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My first time to dine at Oceanaire in Atlanta. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I had dinner before going to the Fox Theatre for a show. The food was absolutely wonderful. The St. Georges Scallops with lobster risotto were absolutely the best, sweetest, succulent and tasy that I've ever eaten. The Lobster smoked gouda mac and cheese is a thing of rare and inspired culinary glory. The Clam Chowder was a smooth creamy wonder. The carolina trout was excellent as well! The service was attentive without being "hovering" and was simply outstanding. We don't get downtown often for dinner since we live in the suburbs, but I must say this dinner was definitely worth the trip! Thank you for making it a wonderful evening for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedDaveDined on 11/1/2014Food was very expensive and not inspiring. Menu was limited. Not a good value. Had the crab cakes which were supposed to be a speciality and they were so so.Special Features:
- First VisitKEJordanDined on 10/28/2014For this to be my first time attending this restaurant, I must say I really enjoyed it! It was a beautiful date for my boyfriend and I, and I definitely see us returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 5th Wedding AnniversaryweluvfoodDined on 10/25/2014The food, service, and atmosphere were great. James and Ramon offered impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My greatest fine dining experiencePapa2Dined on 10/22/2014The best ambiance and seafood in Atlanta. Service is impeccable, and the food is delicious. Always consistent in providing a great atmosphere for special occasions. The personalized birthday menu is a fantastic added touch to an amazing dining out.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in Corporate SettingFundguyVIPDined on 10/22/2014Our first visit to Oceanaire met our high expectations -- fairly high prices, but matched by excellent food, good service, and a subdued, "rich" atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Eats!MikeDined on 10/18/2014A great place for seafood and cocktails! The dining room hints of days of supper clubs gone by, with cozy alcoves and white linen tablecloths on all the tables. The new baby kale salad was divine and complimented my lobster entree. Service was impeccable and always appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, wonderful staff!!!!salmondonDined on 10/15/2014I went to Oceanaire with a friend for my birthday. When we entered, we were asked whether we wanted a booth or a table and my friend mentioned that it was my birthday , so I should choose. Within a few minutes of being seated, we were handed menus (which are printed daily.) Across the top of mine, it said "Happy Birthday, Sarah." Things just got better from there. The service was excellent as was the food. At the end of the meal, without having ordered dessert, we were gifted with a scrumptious Baked Alaska. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally WonderfulJackDined on 10/8/2014My wife and i choose the Oceanaire as "our Special Spot", about 3 years ago, we adore the food, atmosphere, customer service, and especially the special attention we always get from your service staff> JackSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014It was a little bit over price but overall everything else was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousanniversaryDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I celebrated our 15 year Anniversary and we we were very pleased. Our experience will remain as one of the best ever. The staff is very impressive and I cant wait to dhare with our friends so they too can visit and see what top notch really is. Thanks Oceanaire for the personalized menus at no cost to us commemorating our anniversary. I am going to find a reason to return and dine with you all See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A midtown gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/2/2014Geat food, service and overall experience. Our meal was delicious. Lobster Thermidor and scallops were A+. We went here for our 15th Anniversary and it was the best meal we shared in a long while. Parking was easy and staff went out of their way to make our night feel as special as it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for food and other thingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Good ambient light,not too loud, very relaxing,great food even though its kinda expensive,but all around great spot if you want to surprise your date and proposed to her she will loved it.Also good for family outting as well,so bring all and have a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014I should have known to stay away from chains with all the great restaurants in Atlanta. On a Saturday night this place was empty. The fish was good but quote overpriced and had no garnishing. In short. Go elsewhere.Special Features:
- PaulDined on 9/27/2014The food was great and the service was even better; two things that determine if I ever go back to a restaurant. It was my wife's bday and they went out of their way to make it special for her...job well done! We will definitely be returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceSouthernaireDined on 9/26/2014Great environment but I thought the food good have been seasoned better and the prices were somewhat high for the quality that was offered.Special Features:
- Pretty good.whydoineedanicknameDined on 9/26/2014Overall it was pretty good. Upon arrival the greeting was prompt and very friendly. Out waiter was a bit....different....but nice. The food was also pretty good. Not great. Just pretty good. We did send one item back and it was removed from the bill and apologies all 'round from the staff. We will certainly try this restaurant again but it could have been better. Last word -- for a weekend night it was pretty dead in the place. Usually as sign that the restaurant is going down the tubes. I hope not because there is potential to be great in this place.
- Overpriced, middling fareOTPDinerVIPDined on 9/23/2014The Oceanaire Seafood Room must benefit from its location, where lots of lawyers and businesspersons dine on their clients' nickel or on expense accounts or just don't care how much stuff costs. I don't mind spending a lot on a nice meal and there are lots of less expensive options in the area, so I wasn't surprised by the price tag ($180 for two people after tip; that's 2 entrees, drinks, no apps or dessert) but underwhelmed by pretty much everything. Our meal was fine, nothing special. Service was OK but the wait staff spends an awful lot of time standing around talking to each other. Little details like stale bread served before the meal and our orders being slightly wrong contributed to the meh vibe.
- Loved Oceanaire!!BSFoodieDined on 9/21/2014What a wonderful Sunday night experience. Not crowded, nice ambiance and very attentive service. We were celebrating a birthday and had a lovely surprise...the menu for the night had Orlando's name on it! nice touch! Our server (Lucky) was amazing. She made wonderful recommendations for the dinner, explained items on the menu and made sure we were happy. She was the best! The lobster was wonderful. Nice and buttery. The lobster mac 'n cheese was to die for. My only criticism on the veggies would be that the sauté spinach was a little bland. Would have enjoyed garlic sautéed in with it. The night ended with a special dessert for the birthday guy, Baked Alaska! Yummy!!! In all, our experience was delightful and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/15/2014Had a small business dinner there. The service was a little slow but not intrusive so it worked out well. The food was excellent and the drinks were great.Special Features:
- ChattfanChattDined on 9/15/2014Our first visit to the restruant. Both of us chose Chef's selection with appetizers. Scallops and shrimp were excellent. Cooked perfectly. Chowder was very creamy and an athantic taste for TN. Oysters Rockafeller, filling was tasty but oyster difficult to find.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/15/2014Our waiter Daniel was the best . I dont think I have had better . His approach , knowledge and humor was standout enjoyable . will go back to see him when in Atlanta .Special Features:
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/15/2014This is my go-to spot for a power lunch. They are efficient, excellent service and the food is always great.Special Features:
- What's Not to Like?The4thJudgeDined on 9/14/2014The service was outstanding. Thank you Faurose(sp?). The food was excellent. The only thing I would make patrons aware of is privacy. Our table, while in a great location and very comfortable, was adjacent to a servers station. While the booths are high backed, servers waiting at the station to attend to your every need seem to hover a bit and so, I felt that our privacy and private conversation was impacted. Yet, it was not to the extent that it was uncomfortable or I would've requested another table. Just be aware. They were very present right next to the booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantabulous...leeriderDined on 9/13/2014I chose this restaurant for a birthday celebration with my fiancé and we had the best, romantic evening. The service was very attentive and the food was fresh and delicious. We chose all fish and lobster and it was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014It took 20 minutes to receive starters, 30 for entree and 30 for dessert. We had to wait an additional after 15 after receive check to pay it. Dont plan to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food and ambiance was excellent.. We wished we had better service from our waiter kevin.. He was too busy taking care of a table next to us and giving them all the attention and dropped the ball on us...Special Features:
- utter disappointmentladylionDined on 9/12/2014I had the surface and turf...and I had to send it back 2 Times. I rarely send food back. Overrated and I suggest you save your money.