Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
1100 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 4044752277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Murphy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 12th
- Public Transit: We are located between the Midtown & Arts Center MARTA Train Stations. MARTA Bus line has multiple stops along our block of Peachtree Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: $5 Valet parking available evenings 7 days a week. Street parking is available on side streets however, Oceanaire can not guarantee street parking.
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (88)fit for foodies (67)good for groups (55)notable wine list (45)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (16)scenic view (12)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great spot for food and other thingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Good ambient light,not too loud, very relaxing,great food even though its kinda expensive,but all around great spot if you want to surprise your date and proposed to her she will loved it.Also good for family outting as well,so bring all and have a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014I should have known to stay away from chains with all the great restaurants in Atlanta. On a Saturday night this place was empty. The fish was good but quote overpriced and had no garnishing. In short. Go elsewhere.Special Features:
- PaulDined on 9/27/2014The food was great and the service was even better; two things that determine if I ever go back to a restaurant. It was my wife's bday and they went out of their way to make it special for her...job well done! We will definitely be returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good.whydoineedanicknameDined on 9/26/2014Overall it was pretty good. Upon arrival the greeting was prompt and very friendly. Out waiter was a bit....different....but nice. The food was also pretty good. Not great. Just pretty good. We did send one item back and it was removed from the bill and apologies all 'round from the staff. We will certainly try this restaurant again but it could have been better. Last word -- for a weekend night it was pretty dead in the place. Usually as sign that the restaurant is going down the tubes. I hope not because there is potential to be great in this place.
- Overpriced, middling fareOTPDinerVIPDined on 9/23/2014The Oceanaire Seafood Room must benefit from its location, where lots of lawyers and businesspersons dine on their clients' nickel or on expense accounts or just don't care how much stuff costs. I don't mind spending a lot on a nice meal and there are lots of less expensive options in the area, so I wasn't surprised by the price tag ($180 for two people after tip; that's 2 entrees, drinks, no apps or dessert) but underwhelmed by pretty much everything. Our meal was fine, nothing special. Service was OK but the wait staff spends an awful lot of time standing around talking to each other. Little details like stale bread served before the meal and our orders being slightly wrong contributed to the meh vibe.
- Loved Oceanaire!!BSFoodieDined on 9/21/2014What a wonderful Sunday night experience. Not crowded, nice ambiance and very attentive service. We were celebrating a birthday and had a lovely surprise...the menu for the night had Orlando's name on it! nice touch! Our server (Lucky) was amazing. She made wonderful recommendations for the dinner, explained items on the menu and made sure we were happy. She was the best! The lobster was wonderful. Nice and buttery. The lobster mac 'n cheese was to die for. My only criticism on the veggies would be that the sauté spinach was a little bland. Would have enjoyed garlic sautéed in with it. The night ended with a special dessert for the birthday guy, Baked Alaska! Yummy!!! In all, our experience was delightful and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/15/2014Had a small business dinner there. The service was a little slow but not intrusive so it worked out well. The food was excellent and the drinks were great.Special Features:
- ChattfanChattDined on 9/15/2014Our first visit to the restruant. Both of us chose Chef's selection with appetizers. Scallops and shrimp were excellent. Cooked perfectly. Chowder was very creamy and an athantic taste for TN. Oysters Rockafeller, filling was tasty but oyster difficult to find.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/15/2014Our waiter Daniel was the best . I dont think I have had better . His approach , knowledge and humor was standout enjoyable . will go back to see him when in Atlanta .Special Features:
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/15/2014This is my go-to spot for a power lunch. They are efficient, excellent service and the food is always great.Special Features:
- What's Not to Like?The4thJudgeDined on 9/14/2014The service was outstanding. Thank you Faurose(sp?). The food was excellent. The only thing I would make patrons aware of is privacy. Our table, while in a great location and very comfortable, was adjacent to a servers station. While the booths are high backed, servers waiting at the station to attend to your every need seem to hover a bit and so, I felt that our privacy and private conversation was impacted. Yet, it was not to the extent that it was uncomfortable or I would've requested another table. Just be aware. They were very present right next to the booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantabulous...leeriderDined on 9/13/2014I chose this restaurant for a birthday celebration with my fiancé and we had the best, romantic evening. The service was very attentive and the food was fresh and delicious. We chose all fish and lobster and it was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014It took 20 minutes to receive starters, 30 for entree and 30 for dessert. We had to wait an additional after 15 after receive check to pay it. Dont plan to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food and ambiance was excellent.. We wished we had better service from our waiter kevin.. He was too busy taking care of a table next to us and giving them all the attention and dropped the ball on us...Special Features:
- utter disappointmentladylionDined on 9/12/2014I had the surface and turf...and I had to send it back 2 Times. I rarely send food back. Overrated and I suggest you save your money.
- Awesome date nightArticulate12Dined on 9/12/2014The service is impeccable. The staff went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed this memorable experience. We had a great time and the for was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointingATLdinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Almost all dishes were over-salted and therefore difficult or impossible to eat. I like salt but not this much! We sent the calamari back twice because it was inedible. The bibb salad was tasty but swimming in dressing. The grilled scallops in lemon caper sauce were only edible once removed from the incredibly salty sauce. Staff kept bumping my chair every time they passed by. The waiter had too many tables to be efficient. Overall, the experience was at the level of a chain restaurant and not worth the expense. We won't be going back.
- Dinner OutWadeBDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I went to Oceanaire for the first time the other night, we started with the crab cakes and had the Alaskan salmon for the main course. It was good especially the salmon but not great. The service was good but not great, they were very friendly when we arrived gave us a nice booth seat but didn't bring us any bread, forgot to open our bottle of wine. So that is why my overall impression was that it is good but not great.
- Great service & food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014We were a little leery, since a few visits to the Miami locale were disappointing, but this was a great experience. Our Server Kyle guided us through wine selections and also introduced us to some tasty oysters we hadn't experienced before. Would go back for sure.
- my favorite neighborhood restuarantadinningfamilyDined on 9/9/2014This is my favorite neighborhood place to dine. The service is always top notch and the food is always prepared to our desire. I have a nine year old daughter and my wife and I appreciate the fact that she is welcomed. Our family dines out at least 3 to 4 nights a week and we enjoy Oceanaire because it provides the best of intimacy, fine dinning, great service and yet very comfortable.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Experienceshantellhall78Dined on 9/8/2014My daughter and I were celebrating a special occasion. The service was stellar and the food was spectacular! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doncDined on 9/8/2014The food at Oceanaire is always excellent, and the service is professional. The decor is very attractiveSpecial Features:
- Superb Service and SeafoodPammieDined on 9/8/2014Went for a special occasion lunch to celebrate our birthday. We started off with a cocktail, and a small tray of vegetables plus bread were brought to our table. We shared jumbo (and I mean "Jumbo") shrimp cocktail plus crab cake appetizers; a side of fried asparagus (a beautiful and delicious way to serve asparagus); and an entree of grilled scallops that were very tasty! We had a nice white wine recommended by our waiter. We were then surprised by a sweet little baked Alaska for dessert in honor of our birthday. We were treated like royalty, and even our menu was printed with our names and later rolled up like a diploma and presented to us before we left. A memorable birthday dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST SEAFOOD IN ATLANTA!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here and absolutely loved it. Despite it being just a little on the price side, it was well worth it, especially for a special occasion. We both took leftovers home and was just as good. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chain restaurant fell shortMisoVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a great experience in terms of service, greeted and seated properly, very romantic seating (albeit so dark the couple next to us used flashlights on their phone to read the menu), and our waiter was nice. Water was refilled and dishes removed promptly as well. We both had the prix fixe meal for Midtown Restaurant week and after our appetizer, we waited 30-40 min. for our main dish. The redfish came out completely dry and warm, and I couldn't cut into it with a fork. My husband's corvina was better. The crab cake was ok and the tomato crab bisque was quite good. Mango sorbet was good and tiramisu just ok. I complained and they comped my fish, but we just felt the food fell far short of the prices. I would never come spend the $ here.Special Features:
- AmbiancepeterweestrawDined on 9/6/2014lighting needed to be a little brighter so you can see you food presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a ripoffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Restaurant did not feature the menu listed on it's website. We ended up being charged over twice what we expected. They offered no apology for their misrepresentation. I was seriously upset and disappointed. We would have selected another dining experience.
- Oceanaire is FABULOUSglitter3Dined on 9/6/2014I went to the Oceanaire to celebrate my birthday. It was Midtown restaurant week and so we partook in the 35.00 pre-fixe menu. The food was excellent, but the service was over the top wonderful. Daniel Holson, our waiter was absolute perfection. I have never had a more attentive, courteous, knowledgeable waiter. I highly recommend both the restaurant and Mr. Holson!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food And ServiceChellieDined on 9/6/2014We took advantage of the Midtown restaurant week at Oceanaire. Everything from the decor to the service and especially the food was extraordinary. My husband and I loved our experience so much that we are definitely coming back for more in the future.Special Features:
- 30 couldn't be any betterSkydinesDined on 9/5/2014I recently booked a reservation for 10 for my 30th birthday. When I arrived most of my guest were running late and some opted out T the last minute. The hostess was understanding and accommodating the entire time. My waited was also always addressing me by name when taking orders and checking on the table. The drinks at the bar were fantastic. I loved the dinner and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kyle was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful food, beautifully prepared. Kyle was a fantastic server and the hostesses did a wonderful job in helping my date celebrate his birthday. I really appreciate the team for making that such a successful night.Special Features:
- Michael. SMikeandChandra82514Dined on 8/25/2014Let me say, this was one of the BEST place that my wife and I could have spent our special day at, it's a must to visit. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out !OutonthetownDined on 8/23/2014I have traveled by Oceanair several times, always wondering about the Resturant. After eating there Saturday night it is now one of my favorite fresh fish restaurants in Atlanta. I decided to try it with my parents, whom claim to be vegans but still eat fish. The food was absolutely delicious. Our waiter recommended the chiefs special. I had the Tuna. The service was great, wine perfect, and desserts to die for. Over all a wonderful experience. One word of advice, don't miss the $5 parking for the Resturant, it is hard to find so watch for the small sign for valet off Peachtree street next their building.Special Features:
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/22/2014After a long day, my wife, young daugther and I had dinner at the Oceanaire Seafood Room - Atlanta. From the time we walked in the host greeted us a welcome smile and our waiter Luckie was the best. She recommend some dishes on the menu which we tryed them and the food was GREAT!!!! This place, with it's staff and food are tops with a five star rating across the board. Can't wait to go back, you guy's keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it !Momof3Dined on 8/22/2014Good food , drinks and service . Atmosphere was very nice and the location is good . I was born in atlanta and have been up and down peachtree st many times never noticed this place . But it was a good find .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- williebbDined on 8/20/2014The food was excellant and the portions were just right,not too little not too much. Otherwise this is definately a good choice for special occassions or just everyday fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ecstatic2damaxDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I wanted to try something new and this was a perfect choice! We will be returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialDined on 8/15/2014It was my husband's birthday and we had a fantastic time! We celebrated with two other couples and we all enjoyed ourselves. The food was excellent and sides large enough to accommodate the group. My husband was so surprised to have a take home menu with personal wishes for a Happy Birthday. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunchGG2014Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent service, excellent food. The food is always wonderful and the service top notch. On this day we added salmon to the house salad and it was the perfect lunch. Oceanaire is a favorite spot when our office is celebrating a birthday or other special occasion.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceRandyDined on 8/12/2014The food was superb. The service was the absolute best.Special Features: