2000 North Ocean Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33305Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pelicanbeach.com/ocean2000.aspx
- Phone: 9545567667x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Lough
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Our O2K Lounge is the perfect place to enjoy your favorite libation and lite fare overlooking the scenic, tropical pool and Atlantic Ocean. Come by and mingle with the locals every day during Happy Hour and for special entertainment engagements. Don't forget to bring your camera!
- Special Events: OCEAN2000 hosts a number of special events throughout the year such as:
Monthly "Dinner Under The Full Moon"
Monthly Wine Maker Dinners and Spirits & Cigars Dinners
Special Holiday brunches & dinners
A word from Ocean2000
Enjoyed by locals and resort guests, OCEAN2000 offers an array of culinary specialties under the skillful imagination of Chef Todd Lough. OCEAN2000 is featured as an American Bistro with a Latin flair. With cuisine ranging from seafood to steaks, dine amidst magnificent panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean from either the multi-tiered dining room or sweeping verandah. One cannot get any closer to The Atlantic Ocean! OCEAN2000 features the only Sunday Champagne Oceanfront Brunch on Fort Lauderdale Beach and was awarded the title “Best Brunch in Broward County” by the New Times for two years in a row. OCEAN2000, where nothing comes between you and the beach!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Ocean2000 - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Ocean2000 reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (26)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (23)special occasion (22)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)Show More
- Request dune-side tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We went here to celebrate my 40th birthday which was noted in the reservation however not one person mentioned it the entire dinner! The food was average, the service was average, but the view was stellar. That is the only reason we would recommend this restaurant or return. We sat on one of the wooden decks by the sand dunes which was about as romantic as you could get with the waves crashing a few feet away. It was really disappointing however that no one cared to read the reservation notes which asked for a romantic table as we were celebrating a milestone birthday and had traveled 1500 miles to Fort Lauderdale to do so. I am thankful the rooms were booked as we stayed at the Ritz which was incredible when it came to service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedDisappointedDined on 9/26/2014We were in town for the weekend. This place looked awesome online. The food was a big disappointment... It was fair at best. Tempeture of the food was luke warm. The atmosphere was romantic and very quiet. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Dissapointed in the food/priceNielsVCDined on 9/20/2014The place looks great, the service is good. The food however is dissapointing for what you pay. It's too expensive for what you get. Maybe we're spoiled in Europe... But you can have sea view if the weather is good.Special Features:
- Fantastic experiencemonieDined on 9/3/2014Staff was really friendly and knowledgeable. The filet mignon was excellent, but the outdoor seating area was the highlight of this restaurant. Would come again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerCougarCubCoupleDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed our 1st Anniversay dinner here at Ocean2000, We where seated promptly Outside . It was a beautiful night sitting outside looking at the ocean.Our waiter Jason was superb , he was very attentive but without feeling rushed He allowed us to enjoy the beautiful view and he even brought us each a glass of champagne wishing us happy anniversary! Thank you Jason and Ocean2000 for making our Anniversary even more special we will diffinitely dine at Ocean2000 again!! Gail & AlexSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DiningEZLivingDined on 8/23/2014Great place for a couple to get away from the suburbs and enjoy a beautiful dinner with the Atlantic Ocean right in front of you. Only cost $5 to Valet if your not staying at the Hotel. We will definitely return here in our near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Wonderful !DiningDudeDined on 8/23/2014The Hostess was wonderful.. I was nervous about eating outside on such a warm night but she assured me it would be fine. After being seated, and ordering our drinks, she came back to make sure I was comfortable and offered to move us inside if I wasn't. I thought that was extremely nice of her. The waitress was prompt and knowledgeable about the menu and the specials for the evening. I had the Aha-Tuna which was excellently prepared although, a bit too hot for me due to the amount of cracked black pepper in the coating. My wife had the Salmon with Eggplant which she loved. Our daughter had the Snapper special which she claimed was "Amazing". She also tried a drink recommended by our waitress called a "Pelican Brief" that was delicious !Special Features:
- Under constructionAnonymousVIPDined on 8/15/2014There's a major construction / renovation in progress at the hotel. It's pretty noisy, and sight of construction is not appealing for an upper-class restaurant. Dining inside with boarded windows was pointless, so we moved outside to the patio. But the morning sun practically scorched us. There should have been awnings or umbrellas, which there was none. Instead there was a industrial size fan blowing, which added to the already too high noise level. Definitely not a good choice for breakfast or daylight dining. We've had much memorable experience last time we dined in the evening.
- Romantic and Quaintaventuragal7Dined on 8/14/2014If you have not been to Pelican Beach Hotel , you are missing out, Ocean 2000 restaurant is awesome! Wines by the glass were amazing! Unrivalled views and amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Planning to go back over and over again. .♡♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, ok foodvfaberDined on 8/2/2014The setting is beautiful, especially if you dine on the "dunes" as they call it. Unfortunately the dunes were closed when we were there as there were not enough people (3 tables of people dining outside throughout the evening). The food was ok, but nothing more to make you come back. Same for the service. The waiter was nice, but not very knowledgeable of wines for example. We would probably come back with some friends for the view, maybe for lunch rather than dinner though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing views and great foodRobertVIPDined on 8/1/2014We have been here several times but this was the first time back in a couple of years. The outdoor dining is RIGHT on the beach ... can't get much closer. The food is excellent, which was the case in our last experiences, but this time the service matched the food. Very attentive, including completely understanding food allergies of one of the diners. We'll be back.Special Features:
- oceanic disappointmentMichaelVIPDined on 7/31/2014Set right on the ocean, I happened to have breakfast earlier in the day, then a light dinner that evening. The view is wonderful: the Atlantic at your finger tips. However, the food - mine at least - was forgettable. I decided on the mussels: they were tiny and the broth not particularly appetizing. Too bad. The service was earnest. Earlier in the day, my omelet was served dry and lukewarm and the service was lamentable. I hope others' experiences have been better. But the restaurant has a long way to go.
- peaceful settingthekeelVIPDined on 7/29/2014Very nice place for lunch or dinner especially during the off-season when it is not crowded. Service was exemplary. Menu could stand a few additions for vegetarians (most items contain chicken or meat). Good soups & gazpacho.Special Features:
- Just OktableyumDined on 7/26/2014This was only my second time here. The first was nearly perfect, so we decided to take a group of friends. Unfortunately, this time was disappointing. The food was not great. It was extremely hot and there was one fan that was used. I would love to go back for the atmosphere if nothing else, but I do hope it is better next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and scenic viewDee115401VIPDined on 7/23/2014Great birthday lunch while in vacation. I enjoyed the food, service, and view while sitting outside for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewStellarVIPDined on 7/4/2014My husband and I ate here while we were on vacation. The view was absolutely beautiful. It was so quiet and relaxing looking at the ocean and eating out lunch. The food was delicious too. They give you very soft and warm bread to start off which was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUCILLE & FRANKfrankVIPDined on 7/1/2014IF YOU LIKE DINING BY THE OCEAN, THIS IS THE PLACE, ABOUT 75 FEET FROM THE WATERS EDGE AND GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE, ASK FOR OUTSIDE TABLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 190 reviews are from the Ocean2000 reviews archive.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Good food and friendly staff. Nice location. The seafood was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for the viewSpecialdiner2014Dined on 5/17/2014The location right on the water is fantastic. Food was not impressive. Service was good. You pay for the romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oceanside diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014Very nice Oceanside dining. Good food, but the real prize is having dinner with the ocean just a few feet away. Some of the tables are literally on the beach. I do think the parking should be free. It is not. $5.00 with a validated ticket.Special Features:
- Ocean 2000 is a real jewelratlasVIPDined on 5/9/2014We decided to go to someplace new and found a really fun restaurant in fort Lauderdale right on the ocean. The food was delicious, good drinks, our server was attentive, great bread basket, overall a very nice evening. The manager was especially cordial and helpful.Special Features:
- Beautiful!tableyumDined on 5/9/2014The view was absolutely amazing!!! We went early and there were barely any people there which made us worry that it was all about the view and not the food. However, the food was surprising good, not much of a selection, but great nevertheless. Already planning our next visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatM05tr0Dined on 5/9/2014The service, food and atmosphere was not as expected from the hotel's website. Food was pre-cooked and over priced for the quality and content since entrees (more than $27 each) do not come with any sides which are an additional $7-$10. Drinks were good. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- ....schöne Aussicht, aber ....!!!riedelbacherDined on 5/3/2014..... dies ist ein Platz mit wunderschöner Aussicht , aber diese wurde uns verdorben, durch den dauerten Umbau der Stühle und Tische, durch zu laute Musik und doch zu etwas hohen Preis für das Essen. Schade !!!!! ..... zhis is a very beautiful place with a view, but this was spoiled us by the continued conversion of the chairs and tables, by too loud music and yet somewhat high price for the food. A pity !!Special Features:
- What an experience!AlcroDined on 5/2/2014Wow... We were lucky enough to get one of their 5 tables after the deck and on the grass looking over the ocean. I was in awe how beautiful everything was. The food was great - the server could have been a bit more knowledge on the menu/food but no worries because it didnt affect our experience. It made for an amazing first night on vacation. I will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great JobJcbjrjoeDined on 4/27/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time. Thanks for the delicious food and attentive friendly service.Special Features:
- second visitSHERRIDined on 4/27/2014Came across this gem five years ago, for brunch , this time dinner, fantastic food, service and atmosphere... will visit every time I come back , I love it.Special Features:
- Great Views Food was OKSeasiderDined on 4/26/2014You cannot beat the ocean view and outdoor dining on the veranda. The food was good but would not rate it any higher than that.......and yes, you do pay for the view. We went there with another couple and our bill was about $225 with tax and tip. Was a bit annoyed that they tacked on a $14 fee for valet. Dining room dinner menu is overrated and a bit pricey. Go to the pub side and enjoy the same view outdoors with a less expensive menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/19/2014We both ordered drinks, an appetizer to share, salads and entrees. When my partners drink came out the waiter apologized for the long wait because the drink had been made incorrectly. We should have left at this point. Our salads and appetizer came out at the same time. We ordered baked goat cheese. When asked what we are to eat it with the waiter said to just eat it with a fork or he could bring bread. The salads were good. My partner ordered medium down filet. It came out very well done. When he complained they said they would prepare it correctly. The second time it came out it was cooked on the outside and RAW in the middle. We had enough. The manager was nice enough to comp our dinner but we won't be back again
- ocean view lunchk2kfoodDined on 4/11/2014This is a fantastic find for an oceanfront dining experience outdoors. great lunch assortmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2014This was a great spot for our 24th anniversary celebration. We like going to memorable places and this is one. We will definitely find another excuse to go back The service was great from the first greeting to the last goodnight. The ocean view was very special, even though we can see it everyday. The old world building was a nice change from the normal South Florida architecture. Definitely a place to take those special people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Incredible ViewMandyDCDined on 4/4/2014The food was excellent. We both had the yellowtail snapper. We dined outside with a panoramic view of the ocean during sunset. We could not have been happier. We will definitely return again. The service was attentive and courteous without being intrusive. One martini arrived in a dirty glass but they immediately replaced it. We will definitely return to this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most beautiful settingJonesVIPDined on 4/1/2014Ocean 2000 in the very nice pelican hotel is one of the prettiest I've ever been in Dining outside looking at the ocean is just remarkable. the service was outstanding and not rushed However the food was good not great. The steak was supposed to be cooked to medium came out well done the very attentive waiter saw this and took it back and came back with another which was so rare that I was only able to eat around the edges(I didn't want to waste another steak) I would highly recommend this restaurant because I no they would have taken that steak back till I was happy with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect GemJAYMANVIPDined on 3/21/2014This being my first time at Ocean 2000,I was apprehensive at first.From the friendly greeting to the impeccable service,all my fears vanished.We were treated like visiting royalty , and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but not blown awayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/19/2014I reserve this restaurant for a birthday dinner for my girlfriend and I. The setting was great, right along the beachside. We could see and hear the ocean, which was nice. On March 19, they were observing the turtle nesting season, so the restaurant had to keep the light very low. This made seeing the menu difficult, but we used our cellphone, table candle, and the restaurant also provided a small flashlight. Everything was great for this evening and restaurant, the only thing is my girlfriend's entrée, shrimp something, was very fresh (not in a good way). I ordered the snapper which was pretty good, but probably a little fresh as well. I also had the asparagus soup, which was great. All in all, it was great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean Viewcace2Dined on 3/18/2014Beautiful ocean view. Restaurant is on the beach. Great vibe for brunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014Wonderful place. Great venue. Good food. Very romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic FloridachrisDined on 3/6/2014Lived up to online reviews and pics. Awesome ..service...food..view...just a really special place ...we come to south Florida 3 times a year and this is a must know on every trip Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem on the oceanYoboDined on 3/3/2014Once again we were not disappointed. It is a perfect setting and we had one of Florida's perfect evenings. The food is good with excellent service. Some May think it's pricy, but you're receiving quality food n service with ambiance. Only negative is charging for valet, although you receive a two dollar discount with resturant validation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.