Ocean Prime - Troy
2915 Coolidge Highway
Troy, MI 48084Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Troy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimetroy.com/
- Phone: 2484580500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday:
4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adam Polisei
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar! The music begins at 6:30 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, and at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Troy
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ocean Prime - Troy - Best Restaurants in Troy ›
Ocean Prime - Troy reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (173)romantic (116)fit for foodies (97)notable wine list (87)great for outdoor dining (79)good for groups (55)great for lunch (48)hot spot (46)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (39)late-night find (18)scenic view (11)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Somewhat corporate, but an excellent dining experience. Service was very (but not cloyingly) attentive. Food was excellent. It was my birthday and I was offered ANY desert free -- nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014It was a great evening and dining experience there at OP. Cocktails, appetizers, entrée were delicious. I always like the ambiance and services at OP. I would like to go back there with my friends again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014The food, the service and environment was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Atmosphere1ofakindDined on 10/25/2014This is really great eatery where the atmosphere is very elegant, pleasant and inviting. The staff are attentive and the food is just marvelous. I had a chance to try the dessert this time around and it was spectacular. I enjoy Ocean Prime even with the higher prices. It's just down right good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Friday Nightslive2eatDined on 10/24/2014I went here with a girlfriend for an early night out. We ordered appetizers: goat cheese ravioli and saute shrimp. They were delicious!! However, we were extremely disappointed by our dessert: baked alaskan. It was a frozen wedge of pound cake with ice cream in between, and meringue on top. That is not at all what a baked alaskan should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014What a great time at ocean prime. There was never a feeling of being rushed. The service was timed perfect and the food came out hot and seasoned perfect. I can't wait to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014i go to ocean prime on a regular basis for lunch. consistently the service is extremely slow and i am not sure why. if we want to get out of there in less than 1 1/2 hour or 2 hours we need to tell the wait staff we are in a hurry - why??? this time we had a hard time finding the server - we kept asking the bartender for things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it use to besasohalVIPDined on 10/19/2014Havent been here in over two years so I was looking forward to coming back and enjoying the seafood I remember. Unfortunately that didn't occur - long story short although the service was fantastic from our waiter, the food was just God awful. salmon was undercooked and sent back, As well as the cream spinach. My girlfriends Seabass was extremely bland and the brussels sprouts were decent at best. We ended up just wanting to get out of there so we had The Seabass put in a take-out bag and I paid the bill and left. They offered us dessert on the house but we were just so turned off that all I would want to do is get out of there. I don't think there's anything that will have her bring me back to this restaurant unfortunately.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Waited quite some time to dine here and was disappointed to say the least. Severely overpriced I felt. Had two entrees, king crab legs and crab cakes, plus one salad, Mac and cheese, and a dozen oysters. Drank only tap water and bill before tip was around $175. Oh, forgot the overpriced, ridiculously small "ten layer" carrot cake slice we took home. More like "micro" ten layers if you ask me. Had expected it to be significantly larger considering the one I've had at Mitchell's was ridiculously(good thing) huge. The ambiance was stunning and service was attentive I must say. For the price, I would've been significantly happier dining at Capital Grill where I would've expected to pay that initially. Overall, not worth the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Dinner Ocean PrimefoofdieVIPDined on 10/18/2014Four of us dined at O.P. on Sweetest day. Our waiter, Chris was good, offering drinks and bringing delicious hot bread and butter to the table. My husband and I shared a delicious house salad the other man had onion soup. Three of the four of us had filet, done perfectly, juicy and tender. I personally feel the steak here is better than any of the steak houses in the area (Mortons, Flemmings, Camerons, Ruth Chris). the other lady had sea bass and it looked delicious. We shared a side of yummy mashed potatoes, enough for the four of us. We were celebrating two birthdays and had an excellent 10 layer carrot cake, and a really good baked Alaska. My husbands' coffee was so good he asked for the brand. We will return!Special Features:
- first timersNinaDined on 10/18/2014the experience here at ocean prime was very tasteful. the servers and managers were all polite and caring to me and my friend. we will be back!! it was worth EVERY penny that was spent.. ;) NinaSpecial Features:
- Sweeties DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014My daughter introduced my husband and I to Ocean Prime for Father's Day two years ago. When asked where he wanted to dine for Sweeties Day his first choice was Ocean Prime. The food is expensive but worth every penny. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceeatingcoupleDined on 10/17/2014Great food. Great service. Excellent choice for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- here's my beefdoc1VIPDined on 10/16/2014we were seated for 45 minutes before our entree arrived. our "medium" steak was RAW. We spoke to three different bus boys until the waiter showed up 20 minutes later. Even the bill was late. There is a NEW menu with NEW prices and you know what that means.
- Symphony Bar RequestChelbucketDined on 10/16/2014My fancy date-night at Ocean Prime was absolutely perfect. Thank you for exceptional service, topnotch food, and for filling my special request for a Hershey's Symphony bar on the table! We had the best time :)Special Features:
- Amazing steak!AmandaDined on 10/12/2014Food was phenomenal and there were no distractions (:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bad Food Day!DinadoesdinnerDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant came highly recommended. My steak was burnt to a nasty black crisp on the outside ( I asked for well-done). The appetizer (surf and turf) was extremely salty and loaded with garlic as if trying to cover up old food flavor. The creme brulee - my favorite desert, was thin and watery, and impossible to enjoy. Maybe it was just a 'bad food day'. Also the booth seats were noisy and difficult to get into and out of. I will not eat here again.Special Features:
- lalahenryDined on 10/11/2014Food was great will bring my family back. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!bartonclDined on 10/11/2014food was great, service was great we will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lynbobfoodiesDined on 10/10/2014as always, consistently excellent. wait staff very well trained. dining at our pace is a must, and , is executed proffessionly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs upOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent ambiance. This was by far one of the best restaurants that I have been in. My wife and I were celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary, and the staff was great. Also Kudos to the Chef for our meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysSiliconeCloneDined on 10/7/2014We have never had a bad dinner or experience here. The wait staff is attentive and polite while giving you space and time to eat and drink at your own pace. The food was excellent and I can not recommend this place enough.Special Features:
- Always Amazing!MonsterMashDined on 9/30/2014This was probably my 10th time to Ocean Prime and no matter if there on a Romantic dinner or taking Colleagues on business, the staff and food is always spectacular!!! The Red Snapper and the Scallops were incredible along with the Crab cakes & Muscles.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed and slightly offendedHerbsquaredDined on 9/27/2014Went to Ocean Prime this past Saturday. To say the restaurant was profiling their guests would be an understatement. Was put in the side room, which is usually used for private parties. From the guests in the dining area, it looked like the restaurant put certain guests in this "hidden" room rather than in the main dining area. The table next to us asked to move because they felt so uncomfortable. Looking back, I wish I would have done the same. The food was good at best, but I've had much better food at seafood restaurants in Birmingham. I had the scallops which were incorrectly seared and my friend had the salmon, which was overcooked. This was supposed to be a fun girls night out dinner and turned into an unpleasant experience.
- ExcellantKenBobDined on 9/27/2014It was our anniversary and we always love to go to the Ocean prime in Troy. We live about 2 1/2 hours away on the other side of Cedar Point. Our waiter was Chris Fortin. He took excellent care of us. Was there when we needed him and let us drink and eat at our own pace. The noise can get loud at times but overall it was not bad. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Every time we go, we leave extremely happy. Great food. Great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love, love!Lovefood2muchDined on 9/27/2014Awesome food, drinks & service! Brandon is one of our favorite servers and truly an asset to this restraurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The filet was melt in your mouth delicious. The brussel sprouts were excellent. Overall, it's an expensive night out but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Ocean Prime is an elegant restaurant. The waiter we had was very accommodating towards our request. The food was delicious. By special request, the Chef was able to make me the Ginger salmon. This is not on the menu, but they have it for Troy Restaurant week. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or for a romantic evening. I would also just recommend coming here, for their happy hour. They have a great selection of drinks and appetizers. Although, I do not think this is a restaurant for you to bring kids and a large family. I highly recommend you try this restaurant out and see for yourself!! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodIreneVIPDined on 9/23/2014The service was outstanding, the food was all excellent (with the exception if the brussels sprouts). Atmosphere is nice. Wine was good. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal, great serviceleslieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to Ocean Prime for our 37th anniversary. Had a wonderful meal and best was our waiter, Todd. Explained in great detail the menu items we were interested in. He really made our experience terrific. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Beyond expectationsKaraDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went for our 2 year anniversary on 9-20-14. Everything about the restaurant exceeded our expectations. The food was the best I had ever had and the service was phenomenal. I would highly recommend it and would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchSalmonDined on 9/19/2014The food that i ordered which is "Salmon Salad", The waiter recommend the Salmon to be cooked Medium, but its a little raw in the inside for me, and the salad the taste of the olives did not leave my tongue for days, and its disgusting!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlanDined on 9/18/2014The waiter assigned to our table Alan de la Vega Gonzalez, was well-trained however I wanted a refill on my drink earlier in my meal rather than at the end of my meal. If he would've asked earlier I would've said yes. I don't know what the spread was on the tables that he had to cover however I didn't see him on him regular basis to ask for a drink earlier. The server that brought our soup not neglected to bring a spoon so I had to ask for one when I saw him again.Special Features:
- Excellent!MichiganJimDined on 9/18/2014Valet parking was readily available. The restaurant staff was friendly and when we requested a move to a quieter table they had no problem in granting our request (The bar had musical entertainment the evening we were there and we wanted conversation, not entertainment). The wait staff (headed by Nikki) was extremely helpful and attentive and the food, as always, was simply outstanding. We have never had a less-than-terrific experience at Ocean Prime and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- The Best!!Newbiediner101Dined on 9/14/2014This restaurant is on point! Elegant, service was outstanding and the food was oh-so good. This was my second visit and I love it! Everyone is so professional & accommodating to your needs! Wait staff, gets a ***** star rating! I definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Over RatedNorbsDined on 9/13/2014The drink prices were ridiculously high and the menu limited for non sea food diners. The pork steak was too salty.
- Blackboy01Dined on 9/12/2014It was my wife and I first time and it was her birthday and we have now found our new favorite resturant. Everything was outstanding from the minute we walked threw the door. The waiter was very great was very knowledgable of everything asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience & great foodFantasticDined on 9/5/2014Celebrated our 10 year anniversary here and it absolutely lived up to the great reputation. Food is fantastic, atmosphere fun yet sophisticated and the service was even better.Special Features:
- highly disappointedDrBuckeyeDined on 9/5/2014I dined there many times in past(6 months ago). I made a reservation. Drove 1 hour to get there. Hostess was rude. Table wasn't ready. Then we got sat at worst table in restaurant. Under a heating/cooling vent which was blowing so hard the candle on the table wouldn't stay lit. In the middle of traffic flow on way the restroom, right by the door. When we asked to move, we were told No. Place was so noisy I couldn't talk to my wife who was sitting across the table. Bus boys confused about duties. I paid $230 for a meal worth about $50. Bottle of wine was $80 but tasted like a $5 bottle. My advice is don't waste your time and money this restaurant is not what it used to be. Should have went to Applebee's probably would have been better.