Ocean Prime - Troy
2915 Coolidge Highway
Troy, MI 48084Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Troy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimetroy.com/
- Phone: 2484580500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday:
4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adam Polisei
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar! The music begins at 6:30 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, and at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Troy
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ocean Prime - Troy - Best Restaurants in Troy ›
Ocean Prime - Troy reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)romantic (118)fit for foodies (102)great for outdoor dining (96)notable wine list (82)great for lunch (51)good for groups (51)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (45)neighborhood gem (39)scenic view (18)late-night find (16)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Underwhelmed and slightly offendedHerbsquaredDined on 9/27/2014Went to Ocean Prime this past Saturday. To say the restaurant was profiling their guests would be an understatement. Was put in the side room, which is usually used for private parties. From the guests in the dining area, it looked like the restaurant put certain guests in this "hidden" room rather than in the main dining area. The table next to us asked to move because they felt so uncomfortable. Looking back, I wish I would have done the same. The food was good at best, but I've had much better food at seafood restaurants in Birmingham. I had the scallops which were incorrectly seared and my friend had the salmon, which was overcooked. This was supposed to be a fun girls night out dinner and turned into an unpleasant experience.
- ExcellantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014It was our anniversary and we always love to go to the Ocean prime in Troy. We live about 2 1/2 hours away on the other side of Cedar Point. Our waiter was Chris Fortin. He took excellent care of us. Was there when we needed him and let us drink and eat at our own pace. The noise can get loud at times but overall it was not bad. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Every time we go, we leave extremely happy. Great food. Great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love, love!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Awesome food, drinks & service! Brandon is one of our favorite servers and truly an asset to this restraurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The filet was melt in your mouth delicious. The brussel sprouts were excellent. Overall, it's an expensive night out but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Ocean Prime is an elegant restaurant. The waiter we had was very accommodating towards our request. The food was delicious. By special request, the Chef was able to make me the Ginger salmon. This is not on the menu, but they have it for Troy Restaurant week. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or for a romantic evening. I would also just recommend coming here, for their happy hour. They have a great selection of drinks and appetizers. Although, I do not think this is a restaurant for you to bring kids and a large family. I highly recommend you try this restaurant out and see for yourself!! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodIreneVIPDined on 9/23/2014The service was outstanding, the food was all excellent (with the exception if the brussels sprouts). Atmosphere is nice. Wine was good. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal, great serviceleslieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to Ocean Prime for our 37th anniversary. Had a wonderful meal and best was our waiter, Todd. Explained in great detail the menu items we were interested in. He really made our experience terrific. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- Beyond expectationsKaraDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went for our 2 year anniversary on 9-20-14. Everything about the restaurant exceeded our expectations. The food was the best I had ever had and the service was phenomenal. I would highly recommend it and would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchSalmonDined on 9/19/2014The food that i ordered which is "Salmon Salad", The waiter recommend the Salmon to be cooked Medium, but its a little raw in the inside for me, and the salad the taste of the olives did not leave my tongue for days, and its disgusting!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlanDined on 9/18/2014The waiter assigned to our table Alan de la Vega Gonzalez, was well-trained however I wanted a refill on my drink earlier in my meal rather than at the end of my meal. If he would've asked earlier I would've said yes. I don't know what the spread was on the tables that he had to cover however I didn't see him on him regular basis to ask for a drink earlier. The server that brought our soup not neglected to bring a spoon so I had to ask for one when I saw him again.Special Features:
- Excellent!MichiganJimDined on 9/18/2014Valet parking was readily available. The restaurant staff was friendly and when we requested a move to a quieter table they had no problem in granting our request (The bar had musical entertainment the evening we were there and we wanted conversation, not entertainment). The wait staff (headed by Nikki) was extremely helpful and attentive and the food, as always, was simply outstanding. We have never had a less-than-terrific experience at Ocean Prime and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- The Best!!Newbiediner101Dined on 9/14/2014This restaurant is on point! Elegant, service was outstanding and the food was oh-so good. This was my second visit and I love it! Everyone is so professional & accommodating to your needs! Wait staff, gets a ***** star rating! I definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Over RatedNorbsDined on 9/13/2014The drink prices were ridiculously high and the menu limited for non sea food diners. The pork steak was too salty.
- Blackboy01Dined on 9/12/2014It was my wife and I first time and it was her birthday and we have now found our new favorite resturant. Everything was outstanding from the minute we walked threw the door. The waiter was very great was very knowledgable of everything asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience & great foodFantasticDined on 9/5/2014Celebrated our 10 year anniversary here and it absolutely lived up to the great reputation. Food is fantastic, atmosphere fun yet sophisticated and the service was even better.Special Features:
- highly disappointedDrBuckeyeDined on 9/5/2014I dined there many times in past(6 months ago). I made a reservation. Drove 1 hour to get there. Hostess was rude. Table wasn't ready. Then we got sat at worst table in restaurant. Under a heating/cooling vent which was blowing so hard the candle on the table wouldn't stay lit. In the middle of traffic flow on way the restroom, right by the door. When we asked to move, we were told No. Place was so noisy I couldn't talk to my wife who was sitting across the table. Bus boys confused about duties. I paid $230 for a meal worth about $50. Bottle of wine was $80 but tasted like a $5 bottle. My advice is don't waste your time and money this restaurant is not what it used to be. Should have went to Applebee's probably would have been better.
- AuntMeemVIPDined on 9/5/2014They have changed the menu and it is much more upscale now with fewer choices which in my estimation is always a good thing. The menu itself is quite ingenious as it is on a tablet, and when you touch the item you are considering it shows you a picture of the dish with suggested wine pairings. The best part was that the food delivered looked exactly like the picture. My husband had the ravioli as an appetizer which was very good and a bit tangy. I had raw oysters - very fresh. Our entrées were halibut for him and blackened red snapper for me. Both were delicious. The entrees are pricy but I would rather pay more and get something I really enjoy.Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Sat outside but construction noise was horrible. Also service was a little off.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional server-Shawniqua!55yearanniversaryDined on 8/30/2014It was a fantastic evening for my parents' 55 year wedding anniversary!! Our server and her assistants were excellent!! We would definitely go back for another special occasion! The food was excellent as well as the atmosphere!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 43rd Birthday CelebrationfettuccinegirlDined on 8/29/2014I was referred to Ocean Prime for my birthday and let me just said, I had no regrets. I ordered the Salmon and for my drink Berries and Bubbles. The salmon was absolutely delicious and the drink was phenomenal. I would definitely go back again for a special occasion. My server was very polite and offered recommendations on different dishes. I really enjoyed myself and it was a great way to end the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great serviceDelightedDetroitDinerDined on 8/29/2014We very much enjoyed our meal at Ocean Prime. Our server was attentive and very pleasant. We enjoyed the music and would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Love this place!!Szmigiel34Dined on 8/29/2014I recommend this place to anyone looking to have a romantic night out, or if you're looking for an excuse to get dressed up and enjoy a great meal!! Yes, it's pricey, but if you're looking to get away from the typical restaurants, this place is awesome. We sat in the bar, and their piano player was just fantastic. Wasn't too noisey at all. The service, as always, was impeccable! One of my local favorites for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and atmosphereChicagoDinerVIPDined on 8/26/2014When I town I always enjoy coming here. The food is excellent and great wine list. Always crowded so has a good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superlative lunchadvocateDined on 8/26/2014Lunch with a favorite friend/ client should be a special occasion. In this case it transcended that. Service was swift and attentive. The ambience was appealing and tranquil as it was slightly after peak lunch time. Most importantly the simple seafood cobb salad was delicious and beautifully presented. It is now my client's ATF. Nothing could be better.Special Features:
- New MenusNewmenusDined on 8/23/2014I liked the use of Ipads as menus, but I was concerned about the germs. Of everyone touching the tablets ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was great. No complaints at all. Much better that Joe Muer and the best pound cake I've ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10yr anniversary dinnerTop3alltimeDined on 8/23/2014Very happy we chose Ocean Prime. Everything was excellent from the staff to the food. We have dined at many upscale restaurants and Ocean Prime rates in our top 3. We'll defiantly be making future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean Prime -- TroyFinedinerDined on 8/23/2014I love this place and the iPad menus! Menu is more limited, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parents night outdarnellDined on 8/22/2014Dinner was excellent and the service was great as always. always good to get out without the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Dinner at O.P.foofdieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We took friends here to celebrate a birthday and anniversary. We, and they were very pleased with the food and service. Onion soup and house salad were very good, especially the salad dressing. We all had filet, and all were cooked perfectly, were flavorful and juicy. All three desserts offered were delicious, carrot cake, cheesecake and butter cake with vanilla ice cream. We liked it so much, we went back again with another couple, and the couple we had taken earlier in the week was there too, they said it was one of the best meals they had ever had!! We will return again for dinner on the regular menu.Service was very good, delicious hot bread and butter brought to the table, water glasses refilled,drinks offered etc. Do go!Special Features:
- grinDined on 8/22/2014tom noonan was our waiter......he was great & so pleasant. the food was outstanding and our entire experience was so good .many thanksSpecial Features:
- MimiDined on 8/21/2014Great place to celebrate a special occasion. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:
- Lincoln Date NightDateNightAug2014Dined on 8/21/2014I received a $100 Visa gift card thru the Lincoln Date Night offer. I had the great opportunity to test drive a Lincoln MKZ for two days while enjoying dinner on Suburban Lincoln. This is an offer I don't think many would pass up. I enjoyed dinner. The night was perfect although the weather was a little muggy, there was no rain and perfect atmosphere. The only thing was the loud noise from the construction crews working on Big Beaver however with a second glass of wine you will block them out and just enjoy the great food, service and outdoor dining. I would 100% recommend Ocean Prime to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week - menu choices werechopperDined on 8/21/2014great and the food was excellent. Service was good however our server seemed more interested in pushing drinks and appetizers which we repeatedly declined. Had to ask for bill twice and it took 15 minutes to get it. Will go back again since the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchDiamondgirl1012Dined on 8/21/2014My friend and I came during Troy week but I will definitely come back again. Had the pecan trout and it was excellent.Special Features:
- ElegantdiningoutVIPDined on 8/20/2014Every time, Ocean Prime delivers with quality ingredients that are well-prepared and served to make me feel pamperedSpecial Features:
- Troy Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Great menu with great prices for Troy Restaurant Week! The house salad and salmon with sticky rice were exceptional!Special Features:
- ChangDined on 8/19/2014I went on Tuesday for resturant week and my food was awesome and the services was A1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner and ServiceLindaGadzDined on 8/19/2014Came here for a triple birthday celebration during restaurant week and it was by far one of the best dinners we've enjoyed. The sea bass in champagne truffle sauce is outstanding! Berries and Bubbles and the Black Orchid are my two favorite cocktails which are unique and fun because of the dry ice. My only disappointment was that we couldn't eat outside because of the rain and the back room doesn't have the same vibrant atmosphere as the rest of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.