Ocean Prime - Troy
2915 Coolidge Highway
Troy, MI 48084Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Troy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimetroy.com/
- Phone: (248) 458-0500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday:
4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Adam Polisei
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar! The music begins at 6:30 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, and at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Troy
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ocean Prime - Troy - Best Restaurants in Troy ›
Ocean Prime - Troy reviews from OpenTable diners
236 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (178)romantic (115)fit for foodies (106)notable wine list (86)great for outdoor dining (63)good for groups (53)great for lunch (47)hot spot (46)vibrant bar scene (41)neighborhood gem (37)late-night find (17)scenic view (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- doc1doc1VIPDined on 11/17/2014quality and service are not what they used to be. and the prices are going up
- Excellent atmosphere & foodDiningwith5Dined on 11/16/2014Food is wonderful. Mother said it was best filet..husband said it was the best lobster bisque. The sea bass was ok...sauce was better...wasn't worth the $40. Restaurant is very expensive, but food/service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentMarcoVIPDined on 11/15/2014We have been going to Ocean Prime since is first opened, we have been greeted with attentive service and a relaxed, enjoyable meal. The server is always eager to deliver five star service and our server, Brandon did the same for us this most recent visit. Whether you order their excellent steaks or the delicious , fresh fish they will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayWoodmanDined on 11/15/2014We come back here every time for a special occasion and or event and every time we return, the service, food, wine, desert, everything is awesome! That's why we keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!TJluvstodineDined on 11/13/2014This is my second time going to Ocean Prime. The food was exceptional. I always appreciate great service. This restaurant offers great service and food. Free valet during lunch is a plus. Valet is just $5 during dinner. I really enjoyed the happy hour. Superb bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!SharonLDined on 11/10/2014The meal was fantastic and the service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great food and great service. Brendon was very helpful with menu selections and service. We very much enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceWadieDined on 11/8/2014I took a dear friend to Ocean Prime; she was very impressed with the food and the ambiance, and enjoyed the meal and the service offered. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to ExcelSchaefcandDined on 11/8/2014From the time you walk in the door to the time you leave the level of service and consistency is the best. When you match this with the food you have a winner every timeSpecial Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014It took longer than expected to have someone take our drink order. I was not pleased with Rodney strong Chardonnay & did not feel amount in cantor was filled correctly. Waiter did not tell us about specials that nite. I over heard him telling the booth next to us about them. The meal was excellent along with the carrot cake.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodChe1130Dined on 11/7/2014This was my first experience at the restaurant and the food exceeded my expectations! My only request is that you provide some non alcoholic drinks other than softdrinks ( e.g cider or signature non-alcoholic beverage )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.dine4wineDined on 11/7/2014Ocean Prime is always consistent with exceptional service and the quality of the food is outstanding. My husband and I enjoyed a night out for our 2year anniversary and his birthday to celebrate this year. We always get the smoking shellfish platter as our appetizer! Definitely always look forward to our return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 75th Birthday CelebrationLeebie13Dined on 11/7/2014Six of us, from three generations of our family enjoyed a wonderful birthday meal and terrific service at Ocean Prime in Troy. This special birthday for two of us was a very memorable occasion. From seafood to steaks, everyone raved about the meal. The price was memorable, too; but we benefited from a couple of gift cards; plus the food and service made us completely forget the wallet. We wholeheartedly recommend Ocean Prime for special occasions.Special Features:
- WonderfulBestDined on 11/7/2014This was the best meal we have ever had! We are still talking about it days later!Special Features:
- Exceptional ServejjjjDined on 11/7/2014Brandon J. our server was absolutely incredible. Knowledgable of the menu, polite, attentive without being over the top. The food was excellent in preparation and taste. Definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DivaDiningDivaDined on 11/7/2014Great food very good for client meetings. Staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the steak!IslandFoodieDined on 11/4/2014Ocean prime is a chain restaurant without the chain restaurant feel - there really is a je ne sais quoi about the place! The lighting, comfortable seating, friendly and unpretentious staff ensure that this place is always close to the top of my list if I am looking for a premium dining experience. It's great for a special occasion, dinner meeting or if you just really want an awesome meal. They're known for the seafood but I say skip the seafood and order one of their succulent aged steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Love2eatDined on 11/3/2014My husband and I went to Ocean prime for our anniversary. The food was delicious and the waitress was terrific. We had the scallops and the Chilean Seabass and both were amazing and cooked to perfection. We also had the Ten-layer Carrot Cake and it too was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going down hill but charming...RacerkenDined on 10/30/2014This is my third visit. Visit 1 was great. The valet's opened the door, the hostess greeted us, water instantly delivered, specials presented. The food was top notch. Visit 2 was via OpenTable and I requested a table for 5 in a 'quiet area' but we were seated in front of the crew area. A busy location. Whenever someone walks by, you feel the air against the back of your neck. BUT the steaks were terrific and the dessert something to write home about. This visit, I requested a table for 6 again in a 'quiet area' and was again seated in the same busy location. Hostess greeting was terse, Key Point: the waiter spilled drops of wine and wiped it up with the diners napkin AND USED HIS WATER to WET THE NAPKIN. Dessert quality is down.
- First TimeHWReviewerDined on 10/28/2014Somewhat corporate, but an excellent dining experience. Service was very (but not cloyingly) attentive. Food was excellent. It was my birthday and I was offered ANY desert free -- nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing dining experienceDine2experienceVIPDined on 10/27/2014It was a great evening and dining experience there at OP. Cocktails, appetizers, entrée were delicious. I always like the ambiance and services at OP. I would like to go back there with my friends again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014The food, the service and environment was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Atmosphere1ofakindDined on 10/25/2014This is really great eatery where the atmosphere is very elegant, pleasant and inviting. The staff are attentive and the food is just marvelous. I had a chance to try the dessert this time around and it was spectacular. I enjoy Ocean Prime even with the higher prices. It's just down right good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Friday Nightslive2eatDined on 10/24/2014I went here with a girlfriend for an early night out. We ordered appetizers: goat cheese ravioli and saute shrimp. They were delicious!! However, we were extremely disappointed by our dessert: baked alaskan. It was a frozen wedge of pound cake with ice cream in between, and meringue on top. That is not at all what a baked alaskan should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014What a great time at ocean prime. There was never a feeling of being rushed. The service was timed perfect and the food came out hot and seasoned perfect. I can't wait to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014i go to ocean prime on a regular basis for lunch. consistently the service is extremely slow and i am not sure why. if we want to get out of there in less than 1 1/2 hour or 2 hours we need to tell the wait staff we are in a hurry - why??? this time we had a hard time finding the server - we kept asking the bartender for things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it use to besasohalVIPDined on 10/19/2014Havent been here in over two years so I was looking forward to coming back and enjoying the seafood I remember. Unfortunately that didn't occur - long story short although the service was fantastic from our waiter, the food was just God awful. salmon was undercooked and sent back, As well as the cream spinach. My girlfriends Seabass was extremely bland and the brussels sprouts were decent at best. We ended up just wanting to get out of there so we had The Seabass put in a take-out bag and I paid the bill and left. They offered us dessert on the house but we were just so turned off that all I would want to do is get out of there. I don't think there's anything that will have her bring me back to this restaurant unfortunately.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Waited quite some time to dine here and was disappointed to say the least. Severely overpriced I felt. Had two entrees, king crab legs and crab cakes, plus one salad, Mac and cheese, and a dozen oysters. Drank only tap water and bill before tip was around $175. Oh, forgot the overpriced, ridiculously small "ten layer" carrot cake slice we took home. More like "micro" ten layers if you ask me. Had expected it to be significantly larger considering the one I've had at Mitchell's was ridiculously(good thing) huge. The ambiance was stunning and service was attentive I must say. For the price, I would've been significantly happier dining at Capital Grill where I would've expected to pay that initially. Overall, not worth the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Dinner Ocean PrimefoofdieVIPDined on 10/18/2014Four of us dined at O.P. on Sweetest day. Our waiter, Chris was good, offering drinks and bringing delicious hot bread and butter to the table. My husband and I shared a delicious house salad the other man had onion soup. Three of the four of us had filet, done perfectly, juicy and tender. I personally feel the steak here is better than any of the steak houses in the area (Mortons, Flemmings, Camerons, Ruth Chris). the other lady had sea bass and it looked delicious. We shared a side of yummy mashed potatoes, enough for the four of us. We were celebrating two birthdays and had an excellent 10 layer carrot cake, and a really good baked Alaska. My husbands' coffee was so good he asked for the brand. We will return!Special Features:
- first timersNinaDined on 10/18/2014the experience here at ocean prime was very tasteful. the servers and managers were all polite and caring to me and my friend. we will be back!! it was worth EVERY penny that was spent.. ;) NinaSpecial Features:
- Sweeties DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014My daughter introduced my husband and I to Ocean Prime for Father's Day two years ago. When asked where he wanted to dine for Sweeties Day his first choice was Ocean Prime. The food is expensive but worth every penny. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceeatingcoupleDined on 10/17/2014Great food. Great service. Excellent choice for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- here's my beefdoc1VIPDined on 10/16/2014we were seated for 45 minutes before our entree arrived. our "medium" steak was RAW. We spoke to three different bus boys until the waiter showed up 20 minutes later. Even the bill was late. There is a NEW menu with NEW prices and you know what that means.
- Symphony Bar RequestChelbucketDined on 10/16/2014My fancy date-night at Ocean Prime was absolutely perfect. Thank you for exceptional service, topnotch food, and for filling my special request for a Hershey's Symphony bar on the table! We had the best time :)Special Features:
- Amazing steak!AmandaDined on 10/12/2014Food was phenomenal and there were no distractions (:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bad Food Day!DinadoesdinnerDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant came highly recommended. My steak was burnt to a nasty black crisp on the outside ( I asked for well-done). The appetizer (surf and turf) was extremely salty and loaded with garlic as if trying to cover up old food flavor. The creme brulee - my favorite desert, was thin and watery, and impossible to enjoy. Maybe it was just a 'bad food day'. Also the booth seats were noisy and difficult to get into and out of. I will not eat here again.Special Features:
- lalahenryDined on 10/11/2014Food was great will bring my family back. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!bartonclDined on 10/11/2014food was great, service was great we will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lynbobfoodiesDined on 10/10/2014as always, consistently excellent. wait staff very well trained. dining at our pace is a must, and , is executed proffessionly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs upOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent ambiance. This was by far one of the best restaurants that I have been in. My wife and I were celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary, and the staff was great. Also Kudos to the Chef for our meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.