Ocean Prime - Tampa
2205 N. West Shore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimetampa.com/
- Phone: 8134905288x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Blu Lounge: Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Nick Grosenbach
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar! The music begins at 7:00 pm Thursday through Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Happy Hour, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Tampa
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ocean Prime - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Ocean Prime - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (205)romantic (128)fit for foodies (110)vibrant bar scene (91)notable wine list (91)hot spot (89)good for groups (85)scenic view (65)great for outdoor dining (61)great for lunch (55)late-night find (29)great for brunch (25)neighborhood gem (25)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Foodie For SureFoodieForSureDined on 8/17/2014I love this place! My new favorite. The food, wine, and atmosphere was just what I've been looking for. Let me not forget to tell you that the service was very good as well. Will def be going back.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The service was fantastic. Great ambience, very catering to the customer and the food to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceFoodiecoupleDined on 8/15/2014Our server was outstanding and very knowledgeable on the menu. Great food. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerharristableof5Dined on 8/14/2014Food and service were both outstanding. Great ambiance, loved the music. Overall, very pleased with dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business dining experienceLCS01Dined on 8/12/2014My review is from a business dinner perspective. Our dinner was perfect. While the food was exceptional, much of the experience was because of our waiter. He made everyone feel comfortable, anticipated every need & guided very well. The sea bass was among the best piece of fish I've ever had. Some of my dining companions raved about the scallops. It was a bit noisy, making conversation difficult to hear at times but we enjoyed the lively atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ceadolfanDined on 8/11/2014We went for our 25 anniversary. The staff made it very special for us. The food was outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant. A great place to eat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUstanding, as always!NanciDined on 8/10/2014We went to Ocean Prime on Sunday, August 10th. It was my husband's birthday celebration. They sprinkled birthday confetti on the table and everyone wished him a happy birthday. Dinner was outstanding. I had the scallops and short ribs with a chopped salad. My husband had his usual bone-in filet. Everything was done to perfection! After dinner they brought him one of their warm butter cakes with a candle in it (compliments of the restaurant). We love this restaurant and go as often as we can. Service, food and ambience are always wonderful.Special Features:
- asks highest prices f/ everythingkwigibocityVIPDined on 8/8/2014They omit specific figures so no point writing, but I eat @ ultra costly restaurants & haven't seen higher prices for common a la carte menu items. We had tuna tataki appetizer, shared ceasar salad, wife roasted chicken, I sea scallops over risotto. App delicious; f/ what they charge, oughta be! Ceasar practically flavorless, bitterly disappointing. Roasted chicken truly exceptional. Sea scallops, too, delicious, but FOUR 16-20/ct size pcs over small bed of risotto & few greens for $__, first number being odd...absurd. Server's goal at all times transparent as cellophane; DRIVE UP THE TAB. Audibly disappointed when wife declared she'd have the chicken. All enthusiastic recommendations were linearly related to price of item.Special Features:
- p1234Dined on 8/7/2014nice place, but a little too loud. the evening entertainment wasn't all that he thought he was, and ruined some of my (formerly) favorite songs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceFHFoodie1Dined on 8/7/2014My wife and I went here for a birthday celebration. We usually save these special occasions to sample some upscale restaurants and decided to try Ocean Prime due to many positive reviews. It was much the same as the other overpriced places in this area. Nicely appointed interior and a varied menu. Service was excellent. My only criticism was that my wife and I suffered bad indigestion on arriving home. We did not eat the same food so it must be something the restaurant uses. Also I asked for the check and the waitress seemed to stall until a very eager floor manager had to come over and give his little speech. We just wanted to go at this point and a speech was the last thing we needed. Overall, very good food but very pricey for sides.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Fourth time we had lunch there. There were three of us. We talked after and all agreed food was not good and had declined each time. Salad had preservative taste and was soaked in dressing. Piece of salmon much too small. Portion of both salad and salmon way too small for price. Fried fish sandwich not good and was not left on plate. Chcken parm was dried and over done. Way too think. Coffee delicious but too pricey. Noisy (as opposed to energetic) would be better description of noise level. Difficult to talk over.
- DTampaDined on 8/5/2014Food was excellent. We weren't seated when we arrived for our reservation but luckily there was room in the bar which has a very nice atmosphere. Service was a little slow but we were catching up with friends and didn't mind the pace. Valet parking is available for $5 and is recommended since there were literally no spots in the lot for self parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationmapafeDined on 8/5/2014this was a pleasant experience. the staff was really friendly and they worked hard to make our dinner special for us. our table was decorated with hearts and they welcomed us with a glass of champagne for us to make a toast. the food was good. our dessert was on the house. The service was a little slow, but nothing that can ruin our celebration.Special Features:
- Excellent!RyanDined on 8/2/2014Our server (Jon?) was fantastic. He gave us his business card, but I haven't unpacked it yet. He invited us to come back, and though we were just visiting and don't have any plans to come back to Tampa, Ocean Prime and our server are very nearly reason enough to plan a trip! He was exceptionally knowledgeable about the food. We could tell he enjoyed his work because of his effortless attention to detail.Special Features:
- They're BackAndyNPRVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our last experience there was below par, but we are happy to see that they have returned to their old form! We enjoyed the food -- you can beat the Ahi Tartare. The crab cakes were yummy and filled with crab -- not a lot of binder. We enjoyed the service. Our server was on top of his game and was full of recommendations. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Sea Bass – Great Wine.Myreviews6Dined on 7/27/2014Some of the best Sea Bass that I ever had. The service was prefect.Special Features:
- Ocean prime experienceGaryDined on 7/26/2014I went to ocean prime on 7/26/14 and I must say... I'm from Georgia and ocean prime had the best food I've had since moving here 14 years ago. The steak was perfectly cooked, the mashed potatoes were spot on and the dessert was the greatest minus the raspberry sauce. Over all... It was the best food experience I've had since moving here. I will definitely be returning in the very near future. The atmosphere was perfect. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceJRod03Dined on 7/24/2014My wife and I decided to celebrate our 4th Wedding Anniversary at a place neither of us had been to yet. We decided to go to Ocean Prime and we were not diassappointed. Upon entering we were each given a glass of nice Champaigne, which was a nice touch we did not expect, and then soon after taken to our table. It was wonderful. Nice booth with a good view. Our server, Melanie, was first class. She explained the Ocean Prime's cuisine from top to bottom, and made some great suggestions that we ended up ordering. The food presentation was very attractive, and the food itself was outstanding. We enjoyed everything and as a nice touch we were treated to complimentary dessert, and yes their desserts were out of this world. Thanks Ocean Prime!Special Features:
- luvfoodDined on 7/22/2014Excellent meal. Service was very good with knowledgeable waiter. Atmosphere was open, airy and reminiscent of a cruise liner. A bit pricey but food was well prepared and presented. The Chilean Sea Bass was outstanding. Overall an very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014We have a great dinner experience and I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We have eaten there many times but the service while excellent was slower than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedMonJoiedeVivreVIPDined on 7/20/2014We always expect a wonderful evening at Ocean Prime and are Never disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate a special dayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014For my mother in laws 85th birthday we, my brother in law, his wife, my husband and myself, brought my mother and father in law to dinner at Ocean Prime. The hostess over heard us wish her happy birthday as we walked in and notified the waiter. He asked if there was a special occasion for dinner, maybe a birthday and much to my mother in laws dismay we said yes. Richie, our server, was extremely patient, helpful and accommodating. He made the birthday extra special when he bent down next to the birthday girl and helped her find a dessert she would eat. The "one scoop" of "plain vanilla" ice cream arrived with dry ice around it and "Happy Birthday" written on the plate. She will be talking about this for weeks. Thank you.Special Features:
- My Birthday DinnerHappyBdayToMeDined on 7/14/2014I had the scallops and she had the steak. Both were excellent dishes with lots of flavor and just the right size. Service was excellent as well--courteous, respectful, and attentive. Also, the chocolate cake (birthday treat on-the-house) was *really* good as well. The price was probably about right for this caliber of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud!NotagainDined on 7/14/2014After looking forward to trying this restaurant for some time, we were disappointed. The tables were closely packed together and conversations on all sides was distracting. The meals were adequate but not amazing. Prices were exorbitant for the quality of the food.
- Top-drawer experience!WineanddinemeDined on 7/13/2014A very delicious meal, an extremely knowledgable waiter, and a lovely setting all were part of this fine-dining experience. My Chilean Sea Bass was prepared to perfection, and my friend's strip steak was served exactly as requested, "Pittsburg rare"! Chardonnay selections by the bottle were great, especially since it was 1/2 price by bottle special! They even recorked and specially bagged the remainder to carry home! The crowning touch was the delicious butter cake (served warm) with fresh fruit sauce. Mmmmm, cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentIcecreamPaulaDined on 7/12/2014Our clients from New York were very impressed with the food and wine selection and the superior services by Jon Holmes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Food was very good. Service was excellent (Eric). Only thing that kept the visit from perfect was they forgot to bring the white napkin I requested.Special Features:
- Great good as alwaysJjtrivedi82Dined on 7/11/2014The food is always amazing there however, they could add some more entries to the menu and their service could improve. They have so many people on staff but only a few bartenders. We waited over 15 minutes for our server to come back with our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticralphVIPDined on 7/8/2014Whenever I am anywhere near this Tamps restaurant, I will go. It is beyond greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!VeronikaDined on 7/8/2014Everything was very good! Great place! Service is excellent! Food excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightdinerDined on 7/5/2014We were a party of 6 for a birthday/anniversary celebration. We started with drinks on the patio which was lovely, service was friendly and atmosphere was great. We moved in for dinner and had a great server as well. The food is outstanding everything from the calamari and goat cheese ravioli to the different salads. Everyones entrees were excellent. This is some of the best food in Tampa BaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flafishermanDined on 7/5/2014Just an outstanding dining experience, our second time there and we look forward to the next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food; spectacular serviceSamuelVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very solid seafood and steak place, however, the service was spectacular! Our server, his support team and even the restaurant manager, just went out of their way to anticipate our needs. While not a five star restaurant, the service is comparable to a five star place.Special Features:
- Great place for great food/serviceJlarsonDined on 7/5/2014This was a special night, because we were celebrating our anniversary. The entire staff was very friendly and I cannot possibly say enough great things about the staff and the food.Special Features:
- Ruined birthday dinnerQueenieLoveDined on 7/3/2014We have been to,restaurant before and liked it. We came in from Sarasota for a birthday celebration. We asked for our steak to be cooked medium/pink and our scallops to be cooked well done. The steak came out rare and so did the scallops. Both had to be sent back. We didn't want new plates just cook food a little more. After an 1/2 hour we were very upset and called the manager over. He was very nice and sent over a martini and a shrimp cocktail. I couldn't eat my dinner so had it wrapped up. The steak was fine. They did comp our whole meal which was very nice. It will be awhile before we go there again.
- The bestPeteplaceDined on 7/3/2014Great food , service excellent. The drinks are too goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014Server forgot my drink, service was a bit slow in general. Food was entirely too salty.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Great food and wonderful service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great but overpricedtriedonceDined on 6/30/2014Food was very good and service was excellent, ambiance was great, but let's face it, $100 for lunch for two is outrageous. I'd never pay anything close to that for lunch ever again. We enjoyed the experience but we'll never return at those prices. We might recommend it to well-healed friends for a special occasion, but only after warning them of the outrageous prices of the food and drink. Overpriced, to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.