Ocean Prime - Tampa
2205 N. West Shore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimetampa.com/
- Phone: 8134905288x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Blu Lounge: Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Nick Grosenbach
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar! The music begins at 7:00 pm Thursday through Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Happy Hour, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Tampa
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ocean Prime - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Ocean Prime - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (200)romantic (124)fit for foodies (109)hot spot (85)vibrant bar scene (85)notable wine list (81)good for groups (72)great for outdoor dining (57)scenic view (56)great for lunch (46)late-night find (24)neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We went to Ocean Prime because of a friends referral and we were not disappointed. The food was terrific and the service was excellent. The only thing that keeps us from going back on a regular basis is the price. No complaints because the food was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A proposalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014From beginning to end everything went exactly as planned.. The host are very friendly, the bar tenders are very nice, our waitress was extremely nice and the food was very good. I would truly recommend this restaurant to anyone I dont know if Id go with young kids I didnt take mine and I didnt see any..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Way over priced for what you get. Silverware was all dirty on the table.Special Features:
- PatronVIPDined on 9/11/2014Excellent atmosphere, great culinary experience, great bar scene with live entertainment. Service not as high on par as the other elementsSpecial Features:
- Great place to eat!!charmaineVIPDined on 9/11/2014Good food, exceptional service. Great selection of items, and priced reasonable. Had a great dining experience. Waitress was fantastic, and manage came over to greet us for my husbands birthday. He was so nice.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!BoloDined on 9/10/2014OP serves the best seafood & martinis in Tampa! Everything was amazing from the smoking seafood tower to the melt in your mouth Chilean Seabass!! My new favorite cocktail is the Black Orchid martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Overall I had a great experience I would recommend it to friends and also service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MCA2DineDined on 9/6/2014Overall a very nice & special experience! Notably fresh seafood that was prepared excellent. We had the Sea Bass & Halibut and definitely recommend. The waiter was very professional and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad table, lackluster service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014A special table request ("0" birthday celebration} was ignored.We ended up in a corner next to a door. Service was very slow. Two of three coffees had floating grounds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date nightJkarenwmsVIPDined on 9/6/2014Hubby and I went to Ocean Prime for our Saturday date night. Loved the Tequila cocktail and a delivious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch IngredientsGiadaDined on 9/6/2014This signature restaurant has someone to fit everyone's preference. Amazing seafood, steak, sides, desserts, and cocktails. The quality of the food and how it's prepared certainly deserves every penny spent. The atmosphere is suiting for any occasion and I'm looking forward to the cooler weather to enjoy the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationHappyAnnieDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at Ocean Prime and we can not wait to go back. The entire dining experience was amazing! The service was superb - perfect timing - never felt rushed. All the staff was very professional and respectful. And the food was excellent. Will recommend this place to all my friends.Special Features:
- Always outstandingDinersDelightVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Ocean Prime. The food and service keep us coming back. I have the veal chop for the first time and it was delicious as well as the butter cake for desert which was recommended by our waiter Rich.Special Features:
- Great As UsualEnjoyableVIPDined on 9/4/2014We went to Ocean Prime to celebrate my birthday and enjoyed it so much. The ambience of this restaurant is so nice and the server was top notch which is always the case whenever we have dined here. The food was outstanding especially my bone in filet.....never had one anywhere else before and would highly recommend it. Another reason why we love this restaurant is they have an excellent wine selection. I can always get my favorite French chardonnay and my husband has a nice selection of reds to choose from. Overall a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch last weekFroggy2Dined on 9/4/2014Lunch was good although the server had a bit of sweat during our stay which was unappetizing. Service was slow and he apologized for the kitchen. Overall, the meal was good albeit a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I usually go to Bern's for special occasions for an excuse to dress up. This year we wanted somewhere closer with good food and not a lot of fuss. This was the perfect choice. They were running late with reservations that night but it allowed us to have a drink in the bar. Great atmosphere and great cocktails, the cucumber gimlet was amazing! Once we were seated the table had little heart confetti and our waiter greeted us with complimentary champagne. The stars of the night were the lobster bisque although the french onion was good as well, my husband loved his new york strip, our favorite side was the truffle mac and cheese and the chocolate peanut butter pie hit the spot. I have a feeling we will be coming again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.HungerGuyDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I went here for our one year anniversary and couldn't have been happier. Great food, great service and the atmosphere was perfect for a fun, romantic dinner. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Usually great but not this timeRicoDined on 8/31/2014We've been a few times and I book for last sunday night during labor day week end. We were placed at the end of the room and the air was freezing. the rest of the restaurant was nice but our corner was not bearable. There was nowhere else to go. Our waiter was more interested helping the table next door. We had to wait longer than usual for everything including food. Our waiter was useless, loud and obviously not aware of table protocole. He took orders and served men before ladies. I was asked to try our wine while still having champagne... We were too frozen to try any of the desert. I told the hostess on exit who apologized and said she'd make a note for next time... shame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent-no room for improvement!CalinatDined on 8/29/2014The service was impeccable, a vibrant yet romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie HeavenKrakenDined on 8/29/2014My visit to Ocean Prime Tampa was for lunch and reservations were made online and very simple. Upon arrival we were greeted and chose to sit at a booth in the Blu lounge area. Our waitress was very friendly and took our order in no time at all. We ordered appetizers of Lobster bisque and jumbo lump crab cake of which both were fantastic ! Our lunch arrived just as we finished the appetizers and it was time to enjoy once again. I had the sea scallops with parmesan risotto, English peas and citrus vinaigrette along with a Ocean prime house salad with mustard vinaigrette. My wife had the blackened snapper with corn spoon bread and jalapeno corn tartar. Fresh baked bread was also served. The food was great and we will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NatashaRDined on 8/29/2014Love the Shellfish Cobb Salad, their yummy sourdough bread and outstanding desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent Steak reviewerJeffreyDined on 8/28/2014The service was fantastic. But the steak was average. It lacked flavor, spice, it simply lacked. For a $50 steak, I was VERY, extremely disappointed.Special Features:
- birthday confettiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014It was nice that they had birthday confetti on the table for my daughter. It made her birthday special.Special Features:
- Service and FoodEATINTAMPADined on 8/27/2014We had great service with the waiter explaining everything from how cooked to specials. The food was amazing and definitely worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Food was excellent! Service was great too >> We will definitely continue to return time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food beautiful decor. ....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Wonderful experience felt uncomfortable with clientele. Restaurant was filled with Rich men and Botox inflated trophy wives. The food decor and service were outstanding would not recommend for romantic dinners for 2. Lively atmosphere lends itself well to groups of 4 or moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family reunionPaulDined on 8/23/2014The overall experience was good ....the drinks are great ! I will recommend the Tuna Tartar ...it was a great appetizer,but the oyster appetizer was tasteless and not clean,the crab appetizer was fishy ...our entrees ,which took for ever to get to our table ,were ok ...for the price of each Entree ,it should be amazing ! It wasn't...it was ok...So ,for a special family occasion ,it was a bit desapointing. I would definitely will go back for a... drink !Special Features:
- Special eveningHunaronDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant staff was attentive from the minute we walked in until we walked we were out the door. It was leisurely dining. The food was great. We had a dry enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie For SureFoodieForSureDined on 8/17/2014I love this place! My new favorite. The food, wine, and atmosphere was just what I've been looking for. Let me not forget to tell you that the service was very good as well. Will def be going back.Special Features:
- OutstandingbeautifuloneDined on 8/17/2014The service was fantastic. Great ambience, very catering to the customer and the food to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceFoodiecoupleDined on 8/15/2014Our server was outstanding and very knowledgeable on the menu. Great food. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerharristableof5Dined on 8/14/2014Food and service were both outstanding. Great ambiance, loved the music. Overall, very pleased with dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business dining experienceLCS01Dined on 8/12/2014My review is from a business dinner perspective. Our dinner was perfect. While the food was exceptional, much of the experience was because of our waiter. He made everyone feel comfortable, anticipated every need & guided very well. The sea bass was among the best piece of fish I've ever had. Some of my dining companions raved about the scallops. It was a bit noisy, making conversation difficult to hear at times but we enjoyed the lively atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ceadolfanDined on 8/11/2014We went for our 25 anniversary. The staff made it very special for us. The food was outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant. A great place to eat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUstanding, as always!NanciDined on 8/10/2014We went to Ocean Prime on Sunday, August 10th. It was my husband's birthday celebration. They sprinkled birthday confetti on the table and everyone wished him a happy birthday. Dinner was outstanding. I had the scallops and short ribs with a chopped salad. My husband had his usual bone-in filet. Everything was done to perfection! After dinner they brought him one of their warm butter cakes with a candle in it (compliments of the restaurant). We love this restaurant and go as often as we can. Service, food and ambience are always wonderful.Special Features:
- asks highest prices f/ everythingkwigibocityVIPDined on 8/8/2014They omit specific figures so no point writing, but I eat @ ultra costly restaurants & haven't seen higher prices for common a la carte menu items. We had tuna tataki appetizer, shared ceasar salad, wife roasted chicken, I sea scallops over risotto. App delicious; f/ what they charge, oughta be! Ceasar practically flavorless, bitterly disappointing. Roasted chicken truly exceptional. Sea scallops, too, delicious, but FOUR 16-20/ct size pcs over small bed of risotto & few greens for $__, first number being odd...absurd. Server's goal at all times transparent as cellophane; DRIVE UP THE TAB. Audibly disappointed when wife declared she'd have the chicken. All enthusiastic recommendations were linearly related to price of item.Special Features:
- p1234Dined on 8/7/2014nice place, but a little too loud. the evening entertainment wasn't all that he thought he was, and ruined some of my (formerly) favorite songs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceFHFoodie1Dined on 8/7/2014My wife and I went here for a birthday celebration. We usually save these special occasions to sample some upscale restaurants and decided to try Ocean Prime due to many positive reviews. It was much the same as the other overpriced places in this area. Nicely appointed interior and a varied menu. Service was excellent. My only criticism was that my wife and I suffered bad indigestion on arriving home. We did not eat the same food so it must be something the restaurant uses. Also I asked for the check and the waitress seemed to stall until a very eager floor manager had to come over and give his little speech. We just wanted to go at this point and a speech was the last thing we needed. Overall, very good food but very pricey for sides.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Fourth time we had lunch there. There were three of us. We talked after and all agreed food was not good and had declined each time. Salad had preservative taste and was soaked in dressing. Piece of salmon much too small. Portion of both salad and salmon way too small for price. Fried fish sandwich not good and was not left on plate. Chcken parm was dried and over done. Way too think. Coffee delicious but too pricey. Noisy (as opposed to energetic) would be better description of noise level. Difficult to talk over.
- DTampaDined on 8/5/2014Food was excellent. We weren't seated when we arrived for our reservation but luckily there was room in the bar which has a very nice atmosphere. Service was a little slow but we were catching up with friends and didn't mind the pace. Valet parking is available for $5 and is recommended since there were literally no spots in the lot for self parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.