Ocean Prime - Tampa
2205 N. West Shore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimetampa.com/
- Phone: (813) 490-5288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Blu Lounge: Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Nick Grosenbach
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar! The music begins at 7:30 pm Wednesday through Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Happy Hour, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Tampa
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ocean Prime - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Ocean Prime - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
225 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)fit for foodies (95)romantic (90)notable wine list (80)hot spot (69)good for groups (68)vibrant bar scene (67)great for outdoor dining (56)scenic view (42)great for lunch (33)late-night find (21)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great staff. Average food.Tomarch82Dined on 11/23/2014The staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was inconsistent in quality. The yellowfin tuna was well prepared and excellent favors. The black grouper, also cooked to perfection, combination of flavors just didn't work. That said, their deserts are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean Prime delivers consistently.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2014Never have been disappointed with Ocean Prime. Service was outstanding and the food was very good. Manager stopped by as well. Excellent evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary CelebrationVillager999Dined on 11/23/2014It was one of the best experiences we've had. We were seated right when we came in and had a great table overlooking their "pond". The hostess came over, wished us a happy anniversary and decorated our table with some small hearts. They brought over complementary glass of champagne. The drinks, a wild orchid martini and a cucumber giblet with great. We had fondue for an appetizer which came with an interesting selection of items to dip and the cheese had a great taste and consistency. We then shared their Caesar salad which was served an a chilled plate and classically prepared by the kitchen. My wife had the Chilean sea bass, which we often find wanting we when order it, but was excellent here. Some might quibble that it was a bit on the small size but not an issue for us. I had the grouper with lobster which was excellent and a good sized portion. They gave us a choice of dessert on the house. I had a glass of Pinot Gris with the meal and some port with dessert and those were top notch as well. The manager stopped by during the meal and wished us a happy anniversary and the server was excellent. We will definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's birthday dinnerBirthdayDined on 11/22/2014I must say we were excited about our reservation at Ocean Prime. My sisters and I went with our mom to celebrate her birthday. Unfortunately, they did not live up to our expectations. The chicken my mom ordered was pink and flavorless. When we brought it to the waiter's attention, he was apologetic, but also made it obvious that he was annoyed. The manager did come to the table to apologize and was very kind. Everything else ordered was ok, but definitely not the quality expected for the prices listed. The drinks were really good. However, not good enough to make me go back there. The restaurant is GORGEOUS, but they are due for a new chef and menu.Special Features:
- Absulutely ExcellentSunshineDined on 11/21/2014Our Anniversary. From the time we arrived we were treated very well. Our pleasant wait staff team members (Brandon) assisted with our selections and was knowledgeable in the preparation of the food and (Nick) assisted and was on top of things. Our requested substitution for the meal was handled without a problem. Our selection (Sea Scallops and Chilean Sea Bass) was excellent. It was a pleasure to meet Justin Egan (Dining Room Manager). Brandon suggested we leave room as a special dessert will be prepared (hot pound cake and in-house made French Vanilla ice cream with berries) absolutely excellent. This entire experience will have us returning to Ocean Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayMrWonderfulDined on 11/16/2014I made reservations for my better half's birthday at Ocean Prime, we also included another couple that are great friends. Everyone ordered something different and we all tried the 4 dishes, they were all fantastic. The wine, the food, the service could not have been better. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, with a personal touch!JasonTDined on 11/15/2014The only thing that was better than the food, the atmosphere, and our drinks, was the service. Even though we are Florida residents for 20 years now, my wife and I have dined all over the country, from beach front bars to the elite restaurants throughout New England. By far one of the best dining experiences we've ever had....... We came up from Sarasota and spent the night in Tampa for our 15th anniversary. The food, atmosphere, and drinks were unbelievable. But, there''s always a but, without a doubt, the service was second to none. Our tour guide for the evening was Marisa. I say tour guide only because it seemed as though she was there for everything we wanted or needed before we even knew what that was, but yet was never really there, if you know what I mean, and that allowed us to enjoy the evening completely. Right down to moving us into the outdoor lounge after dinner seamlessly and comfortably as if it was planned to the last detail. We sat outside for over and hour and had a great time. Wonderful experience overall with an "Exceptional" finish. Thank you Ocean Prime and Marisa for a great anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!MealorDealDined on 11/15/2014Ocean Prime gave me and my fiancé a night to remember forever. It was incredible and I would recommend it to anyone who has a special event or if they have something romantic coming up. The staff was amazing and the ambiance was memorable. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014We really enjoyed the dinner here. I had the scallops with parmesean rissotto and my husband had the blackened snapper. Both were prepared perfectly. The service is excellent and the staff was very knowledgeable, helpful and attentive. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDustoff900Dined on 11/11/2014Great food, nice wine list but both very expensive. One of the most expensive restaurants in the Tampa Bay area. If you can afford it you must try it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014We have dined at Ocean Prime numerous times, but the food on the 11th was definitely not up to Ocean Prime's standard. The crab claws were impossible to eat from their shells, but our good waiter took them back to the kitchen and tried to improve them; they were not as good as we have had at another restaurant. We hope the 11% discount had nothing to do with the quality of the food. My spouse's scallops which have previously been delicious were not great. A disappointment for us this time. We have hosted one group of 25 for lunch on two different occasions and the food was wonderful and everyone was very pleased. All 25 appreciated your restaurant and your staff. Thank you. Melba Lufkin and Dr. Robert Shafer (spouse)Special Features:
- PJLNDined on 11/11/2014I was hoping for a top notch world class service and best food money can buy instead we were very dissatisfied. Not worth it! I could have gone to Ruth Chris for outstanding services and excellent food. :(
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014After telling OP that we were coming for my parents 58th wedding anniversary, I expected better from them. The hostess couldn't find our reservation (which had been confirmed online). No congratulatory greeting to my parents. No special glass of champagne for them. We were seated at the loudest, busiest spot in the restaurant, the table by the kitchen. Really- a party of 4? We couldn't hear ourselves speak, and the entire night was spent trying to understand our own conversation, the waiters (who all spoke too fast), and even the manager of the day. We had to track down our waiter after every course to have our plates taken away. The food was good, but the experience wasn't what I had wanted for them. Not sure we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine Gem for Tampa BayLookingforgreatnessDined on 11/9/2014We had a birthday dinner for my fiance and the staff handled all of our special requests perfectly! The food was superb, the wine list extensive, the staff very well versed in cuisine and wine selection. It was simply a perfect evening!!Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2014We recently spent the weekend in Tampa dining at Mise en Place the first night (our favorite restaurant in Tampa and outstanding as usual) and trying the highly-rated Ocean Prime the second night. While the service at Ocean Prime was great the food (4 different meals) was a total disappointment. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates good food.
- Great foodtruthbtoldDined on 11/8/2014The room we were seated in had too many tables to wait staff bumped my chair every single time they waited on other parties. definitely need to reduce the amount of tables per area comes across desperate if you need to make more money maybe you can reduce the pricing. If you want high end clientele you have to give a high end environment and with the table so close unfortunately diminished the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GshoreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Nice time. Food was very good as usual. Staff were very accommodating and ser I w was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BandBDined on 11/7/2014Prices are high...but food and everything else is outstanding.Special Features:
- LoudLoudDined on 11/7/2014The food at Prime was great, however the noise level was so high we had to ask for another table outside in the middle of dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent Everything!JaimelDined on 11/6/2014Everything on the menu looked great. As I saw meals being brought out each one looked more appetizing than the last. Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Doing Biz in TampaRB14Dined on 11/6/2014Easy Rez through OT, excellent service and very good food. Would def returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea BassILoveGreatFoodDined on 11/5/2014The Sea Bass was amazing everyone at my table ordered it. I am looking for an excuse to come back.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service!MikeTampaDined on 11/4/2014My wife and I went to Ocean Prime in Tampa to celebrate our ninth anniversary (of meeting). It was quite honestly the best service and probably the best food we have ever tasted. Our server gave us several suggestions including splitting a steak and a seafood entree so my wife and I could each have "surf and turf". The t-bone steak was juicy and very tasty, and the blackened snapper over corn spoonbread, green beans, and tomatos was absolutely delicious. The side dishes are plenty for two to share and we enjoyed the truffle macaroni and cheese. Although I'm a chocolate lover, our server recommended the butter cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it was delicious as well. Make sure to make reservations as it gets busy there.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceTashaCDined on 11/3/2014We were seated outside and since it wasn't humid it was nice. Our waitress was awesome and knowledgeable. The drinks were great. The burger was amazing, the scallops and risotto were delicious and the Baked Alaska & Creme Brulee were top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodJT3000Dined on 11/1/2014We celebrated a birthday here and were treated to champagne and desert on the house. Our app and entrees were absolutely delicious. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Not on parMJCEMTPVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was our second time to this Ocean Prime. As before it did not compare with other high end restaurants in Tampa. The service was excellent, but the food was middle of the road at best. I ordered the salmon, it did not say anything about it being blackened. It was so burnt and dry it was inedible. The ding was noisy and extremely cold and drafty. There are too many other establishments in town to give this a third try.Special Features:
- Great meal, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/30/2014Took my husband there for his birthday. From the cocktails all the way through dessert, the food and service were excellentSpecial Features:
- Tampa FL SeafoodZarghVADined on 10/30/2014Ocean Prime does a great job of offering creative and delicious dishes made with fresh ingredients and reasonable portion sizes. Our waiter was wonderful at explaining the menu and offering suggestions. He was attentive, but never hovered and he always made sure our glasses were full. The food arrived at the right temperature and was presented well both by the way it was plated and the way it was delivered to the table. The crab cake appetizer was wonderful. I would definitely return to Ocean Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulharrismmDined on 10/24/2014Was here with my fiance for our 5th (together) anniversary. Everything was great, food is to die for yummy. They even put cute little cut out hearts on our table and two glasses of champagne for toasting. My only not so great moment was walking into the PDR and having its freezing. Good thing I brought a jacket.Special Features:
- excellent experienceindialisDined on 10/22/2014My husband and I attended ocean prime for his birthday; I made a reservation and they followed all my requested instructions for the table and birthday dessert to the last detail. The appetizers were great, and the filet mignon was perfectly cooked. The wine was very tasty. The waiter was highly attentive. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foodJAN1Dined on 10/21/2014Been there several times and food keeps getting better. Everything was excellentSpecial Features:
- AMAZINGLovethisplace2014Dined on 10/21/2014Never disappoints! I always eat here and love the ahi tuna app...the Seabass is just perfect.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We went as a group bachelortte party... We had a good time excellent food great service... It was great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectfoodiecoupleDined on 10/18/2014This establishment is consistently everything we desire... excellent food, masterful cocktails, great atmosphere, attentive to detail service, and a wonderful management team. It is "the IN" restaurant in Tampa Bay.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent service!FoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014You won't find a better place to dine in Tampa. The whole staff is wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday ExperienceLvfoodVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had a great meal for my friend's birthday. The food was wonderful as usual and the service was attentive. They brought out the wrong side at first, but quickly apologized and brought out the correct item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Went for a birthday dinner with husband, everything was delicious and cooked perfectly. Our server was wonderful and geniuinely wanted to make sure we were completely satisfied! I would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014A group of us had a birthday celebration lunch for a couple of our friends, and the reservation was great. I made it online, they called to confirm, and we were all set. The food was fabulous, as always. An awesome desert for the birthday girls was provided at no charge, and that was truly the icing on the cake. A great time for all. We've done this in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. A great, friendly staff make you feel comfortable from the moment you walk in the door.Special Features:
- Great Evening!EATINTAMPADined on 10/12/2014We very much enjoyed the Sunday night 3 course special. Nathan gave us excellent service, the food was wonderful and the price was right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation_SnubB4UGODined on 10/11/2014This should have been 5 stars if it wasn't for a poor beginning. As a special occasion was in order and reservations made, I expected the evening to be perfect. Well as we stood by the reception desk, a waiter or some guy that worked there, comes up to the receptionist and started swapping tables. As we walked past booths with "reserved" sign, we were seated right next to the kitchen / staff doorway in a major traffic zone. Well not too happy about the poor seating area. I went to the front and complained about the extremely poor area we were seated in. Of course they moved us to a much better table. If you make a reservation, the receptionist should have refused to play table shuffle - thus 4 stars.Special Features: