Ocean Prime - Phoenix
5455 East High Street
Phoenix, AZ 85054Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimephoenix.com/
- Phone: (480) 347-1313
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday:
5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Closed May 19th until September 9th Sundays only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jagger Griffin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano music Friday and Saturday from 6:30 p.m. until close in our piano bar!
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour Daily, from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Phoenix
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ocean Prime - Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Ocean Prime - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (44)notable wine list (39)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (28)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Special celebration dinnerKathyDined on 11/22/2014My husband and I recently visited Ocean Prime to celebrate my graduation from my doctoral program. I chose this restaurant after reviewing the menu online. We had impeccable service, excellent Champagne and wine, and exquisite food! We felt like royalty, were treated like VIPs by the staff! I had the sea bass--it melts in your mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 11/22/2014As always, a splendid way to spend an evening with good service, good food and entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJuniorVIPDined on 11/16/2014If you're In the mood for a good steak, this is the place to go. Located in an up and coming area, and the ambience is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable evening...Luv2dine2Dined on 11/15/2014We always enjoy Ocean Prime. We enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant and of course the entertainment. We would like to see more seafood specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 11/15/2014As always, everyone is so kind. We thoroughly enjoy every minute we are there. The service and food is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour!wellnessrnVIPDined on 11/15/2014We have been here several times to meet friends for the Happy Hour. The bar is the best place to be with live music and a great Happy Hour menu. The ahi tuna tacos are good as are the sliders and chicken satay and if you like oysters they are very good. This time I went with an appetizer instead of the Happy Hour menu and got the mussels, excellent and a good size portion. Smoking is allowed in the front patio off the bar so if you want to smoke cigars or cigarettes but I'm not sure if you can eat outside since there are no tables just bench seating but our waitress did tell us they they are going to be redesigning the outdoor patio sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks Are Just As Fabulous!AletheaVIPDined on 11/13/2014I know that this is primarily a seafood restaurant, but I must say that your steaks are just as wonderful. I decided to take a break from seafood and step outside of the box a little bit. I was not disappointed. My filet was cooked to order, and my loaded sea salt baked potato, and sautéed button mushrooms and onions were delightful. Plus, you have a pretty good key lime pie as well, which has a great tartness to it. Service was great from Tom. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frank at Ocean Prime is Great!RickPDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I had a dinner at Ocean Prime this past Saturday celebrating her birthday. The table was dressed up with happy birthday decorations, the food was great, the music from the bar was great, and the service from Frank, our waiter, was fantastic!Special Features:
- Wonderful Place to CelebratevalentineDined on 11/6/2014We had a an Amazing Experience ...Amazing Waiter and staff and Great Food Thank you... We will be backSpecial Features:
- A little pricey...butJfossyDined on 11/3/2014A little pricy but we'll worth it. Best meal in a long time for all four diners, couldn't say I've ever had a better piece of fish, my sea bass was scrumptious as was my wife's swordfish. Try the Asian calamari too., lobster mashed were the only disappointment, not as good as Mastros. Jalapeño au gratin much better. We'll worth a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Excellence in DiningJudieDined on 11/2/2014An unbelievably great dining experience on all counts! Over the top service, food, wine and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fabulous Sea FoodluveatingoutVIPDined on 11/2/2014Ocean Prime has some of the best Sea Food offerings of the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. We have enjoyed ourselves immensely every time that we have had the privilege of dining there. Please keep up the good work and fantastic offerings.Special Features:
- Wonderfulfoof2youVIPDined on 11/1/2014Had a great dinner, Barbra our waitress was really great. Crab Cake appetizer was very good. Rib Eye was cooked to perfection and was very tender. The glazed carrots recipe has changed instead of sliced very thin they are bigger pieces, they were still tender and wonderful. A great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionGoodNeighborVIPDined on 11/1/2014Very nice restaurant....food is very good....very pricey...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGaryGobblesVIPDined on 10/28/2014This was our second time at Ocean Prime, and it was delightful! My wife had the lobster tails and loved them. I had the filet mignon and it was tremendous. Service was excellent. This was a really nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCaroleSDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful menu the fish was perfectly cooked and as fresh as it gets in Arizona. The seafood salad was wonderful. The bartender made perfect martinis. We weren't rushed through dinner-the ambiance sophisticated. For all of this pleasure, you get NYC pricesSpecial Features:
- Lovely anniversary dinner!WaitonMeDined on 10/18/2014The ambiance in the dining room is just right with linen tablecloths, black napkins (no lint on me), candles, well-dressed waiters, soft lighting, and reasonable music. On our anniversary, there were rose petals sprinkled on the table, a complimentary glass of champagne and a lovely dessert! The staff could not be any more accommodating, knowledgeable, and friendly. My favorite appetizer is a goat cheese ravioli that sounds heavy, but it's light and wonderful. I always enjoy the sea scallops with risotto. The food is consistent and delicious.Special Features:
- Quiet venue with outstanding foodRobSDined on 10/16/2014Wonderful dining experience – easy to enjoy a conversation, terrific meal and wide assortment of drinks. Service was just right and with excellent suggestions to make the evening special. I’ll be taking more Phoenix visitors to Ocean Prime.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I ate here on a Tuesday evening and had a wonderful dinner. The service was impeccable and the food was excellent. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 10/11/2014Fantastic lounge atmosphere with outstanding service and food. The drinks aren't bad either!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic!BillsbestfriendVIPDined on 10/4/2014We have eaten at Ocean Prime many times but usually in the bar - very nice but not the equal of our experience this time in the dining room! The Chilean sea bass was the absolute best meal I have ever eaten! - It was perfectly cooked, the truffle sauce was amazing & the little bit of whipped potatoes was perfect. Everyone raved about their meals & we all determined to return as many times as we were able! The service was terrific, from Sydney at the reception desk to Ian who seated us & Beau was a perfect waiter - attentive, knowledgeable and very accommodating! Great group! Thank you for making our evening such a wonderful and memorable one!Special Features:
- Great service and experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014We were celebrating our first anniversary, and the staff went out of their way to make it special for us. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean primeCwertlDined on 9/27/2014Very noisy. Food was good. Not spectacular. Good to try for restaurant week so moderately priced. Service was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 9/27/2014Time after time and week after week, we go to Ocean Prime and have never been disappointed. From the excellent service to the outstanding food preparation, it is one of the best places in all of Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Great potential but missed the markSMunroeDined on 9/26/2014We had reservations for our party of six. We were expected and our table was ready. Nice ambiance, nice menu and wine list. Our server was very capable at the outset and we got off to a good start. Over the course of the evening we noticed that groups that had arrived after us had already been served. We waited quite a while for our meal.When it finally arrived several of the fillets of beef were way under cooked and had to be sent back. On the second try one came back fine the other still under cooked. A steak is ordered medium well should not be blue in the middle. The food was quite good but the delay in service and the under cooked steaks put a damper on the evening. A high priced steak/seafood restaurant needs to deliver-no excuses.
- Restaurant WeekTFWThomVIPDined on 9/26/2014We enjoy Ocean Prime. Bit of a let down with the food this time, my scallops were undercooked. They made it right and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backPickyeaterDined on 9/25/2014We dined here during restaurant week and had a great meal and wonderful service. The restaurant menu was provided when we sat down unlike other places we had dined during restaurant week. My husband like it so well that he suggested coming back for his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 9/20/2014Could be a better place to go for entertainment and a great happy hour in the lounge.
- Couldn't have been better!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary at Ocean Prime. From the minute we arrived to the moment we left, everything about our visit was perfect. The staff was warm, welcoming, perfectly attentive, and each seemed to be genuinely caring about our experience at their restaurant. We particularly want to mention Carrie Belle, Thomas, and Colby and we want to thank them for making our anniversary one of the best dining experiences in our 43 years together. Also, we want to compliment the chef and his staff. Our meals were absolutely delightful in every way. In every respect, this was a terrific exerience for my wife and I. We will be returning very soon. Great happy hour with live music!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 8/29/2014One of the best places in Phoenix. You can't beat the service or the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale and nicestanjonesDined on 8/28/2014I wanted to find a place my wife never heard about or has been to that was going to be nice, kinda quiet and romantic... I found everything we were looking for. Great service staff as well!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaks & nice Happy HourCobra60g2Dined on 8/27/2014My wife and I went to Ocean Prime for an anniversary celebration. Upon arriving, we were informed that their Happy Hour was in progress in the bar area and if we wanted to go, they would hold our table. We decided to try it. $5 glasses of wine (good wine) and $5 & $8 appetizers (like Ahi Tuna tacos) were delicious. After happy hour (which ends at 7:00 pm), we went to our waiting table. They had spread rose petals on our table to help us celebrate. Nice touch! Our waiter and the food were excellent. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and was amazing. It was the best piece of meat I've had for a long time. When our dessert came, "Happy Anniversary" was written in chocolate on our plate. Great place for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 8/22/2014One of the top restaurants, and Happy Hours, in Phoenix. Took my wife there for her birthday and we dined in the lounge. It was an unforgettable experience!!!Special Features:
- STILL Our Favorite RestaurantMMckinleyVIPDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I love dining at Ocean Prime! We dined here on August 9th (probably our 11th or 12th visit) and everything was wonderful (food, service, ambience -- as always). We had the opportunity to treat special friends to dinner on August 21 and of course we chose Ocean Prime. It was hard to believe we were there for 3 hours because everything was exceptional (as always). Our friends were overwhelmed by the experience. A quick listing: It makes everyone feel special when the General Manager (Tony) greets guests upon entrance with a "Welcome Back, So Good To See You Again" / service was unparalleled - prompt but not pushy / awesome dishes - loved sharing the mushrooms and asparagus = excellent / delicious / very comfortable dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEnjoyeditDined on 8/16/2014We had the signature Scallops and Sea bass. Both were excellent. Thomas was helpful and fun.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 8/16/2014One of the best happy hours in Phoenix, not to mention the main restaurant. A must!!!!!Special Features:
- AnniversarytherockDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at Ocean Prime 15 Aug. We discovered your establishment during an internet search as we wanted a dining experience unlike we have ever had. Made online reservation and on being seated we found the table had red rose petals on the table cloth.The staff congratulated us as they came by and this really meant a lot. We had Swordfish and Sea Bass which was the by far the best we have ever had. The staff would be rated five star. Everything we anticipated and more was fulfilled at Ocean Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wines by the Glass & BottleBobrDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated my wife's Birthday, and our server who is a sommelier or wine steward complimented our bottle of wine selection. Having been here for dinner before, and bringing out of town guests all have enjoyed the food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Great Seafood in Phoenix/ScottsdaleFurloughed1VIPDined on 8/11/2014A great seafood restaurant in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Fabulous and fresh seafood with superb service. Even the Manager checked in with us. We used to go to Mastros Ocean Club but will not anymore!Special Features:
- Our FAVORITE RestaurantMMckinleyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ocean Prime has been our 'Favorite' place to dine for several years. Each time we visit it is always special. We always receive wonderful, cheerful greetings and 'salutations' when we enter the restaurant. The atmosphere is very special - especially when sitting in the booths. Service is prompt but NOT 'pushy'. We have our favorite dishes, but this time we tried a couple of different dishes -- along with our favorite (of course) = Chilean Sea Bass! Absolutely the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.