Ocean Prime - Phoenix
5455 East High Street
Phoenix, AZ 85054Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimephoenix.com/
- Phone: 4803471313x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday:
5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Closed May 19th until September 9th Sundays only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jagger Griffin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano music Friday and Saturday from 6:30 p.m. until close in our piano bar!
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour Daily, from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Phoenix
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ocean Prime - Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Ocean Prime - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (43)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great foodCaroleSDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful menu the fish was perfectly cooked and as fresh as it gets in Arizona. The seafood salad was wonderful. The bartender made perfect martinis. We weren't rushed through dinner-the ambiance sophisticated. For all of this pleasure, you get NYC pricesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I ate here on a Tuesday evening and had a wonderful dinner. The service was impeccable and the food was excellent. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 10/11/2014Fantastic lounge atmosphere with outstanding service and food. The drinks aren't bad either!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic!BillsbestfriendVIPDined on 10/4/2014We have eaten at Ocean Prime many times but usually in the bar - very nice but not the equal of our experience this time in the dining room! The Chilean sea bass was the absolute best meal I have ever eaten! - It was perfectly cooked, the truffle sauce was amazing & the little bit of whipped potatoes was perfect. Everyone raved about their meals & we all determined to return as many times as we were able! The service was terrific, from Sydney at the reception desk to Ian who seated us & Beau was a perfect waiter - attentive, knowledgeable and very accommodating! Great group! Thank you for making our evening such a wonderful and memorable one!Special Features:
- Great service and experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014We were celebrating our first anniversary, and the staff went out of their way to make it special for us. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean primeCwertlDined on 9/27/2014Very noisy. Food was good. Not spectacular. Good to try for restaurant week so moderately priced. Service was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 9/27/2014Time after time and week after week, we go to Ocean Prime and have never been disappointed. From the excellent service to the outstanding food preparation, it is one of the best places in all of Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Great potential but missed the markSMunroeDined on 9/26/2014We had reservations for our party of six. We were expected and our table was ready. Nice ambiance, nice menu and wine list. Our server was very capable at the outset and we got off to a good start. Over the course of the evening we noticed that groups that had arrived after us had already been served. We waited quite a while for our meal.When it finally arrived several of the fillets of beef were way under cooked and had to be sent back. On the second try one came back fine the other still under cooked. A steak is ordered medium well should not be blue in the middle. The food was quite good but the delay in service and the under cooked steaks put a damper on the evening. A high priced steak/seafood restaurant needs to deliver-no excuses.
- Restaurant WeekTFWThomVIPDined on 9/26/2014We enjoy Ocean Prime. Bit of a let down with the food this time, my scallops were undercooked. They made it right and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backPickyeaterDined on 9/25/2014We dined here during restaurant week and had a great meal and wonderful service. The restaurant menu was provided when we sat down unlike other places we had dined during restaurant week. My husband like it so well that he suggested coming back for his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 9/20/2014Could be a better place to go for entertainment and a great happy hour in the lounge.
- Couldn't have been better!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary at Ocean Prime. From the minute we arrived to the moment we left, everything about our visit was perfect. The staff was warm, welcoming, perfectly attentive, and each seemed to be genuinely caring about our experience at their restaurant. We particularly want to mention Carrie Belle, Thomas, and Colby and we want to thank them for making our anniversary one of the best dining experiences in our 43 years together. Also, we want to compliment the chef and his staff. Our meals were absolutely delightful in every way. In every respect, this was a terrific exerience for my wife and I. We will be returning very soon. Great happy hour with live music!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 8/29/2014One of the best places in Phoenix. You can't beat the service or the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale and nicestanjonesDined on 8/28/2014I wanted to find a place my wife never heard about or has been to that was going to be nice, kinda quiet and romantic... I found everything we were looking for. Great service staff as well!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaks & nice Happy HourCobra60g2Dined on 8/27/2014My wife and I went to Ocean Prime for an anniversary celebration. Upon arriving, we were informed that their Happy Hour was in progress in the bar area and if we wanted to go, they would hold our table. We decided to try it. $5 glasses of wine (good wine) and $5 & $8 appetizers (like Ahi Tuna tacos) were delicious. After happy hour (which ends at 7:00 pm), we went to our waiting table. They had spread rose petals on our table to help us celebrate. Nice touch! Our waiter and the food were excellent. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and was amazing. It was the best piece of meat I've had for a long time. When our dessert came, "Happy Anniversary" was written in chocolate on our plate. Great place for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 8/22/2014One of the top restaurants, and Happy Hours, in Phoenix. Took my wife there for her birthday and we dined in the lounge. It was an unforgettable experience!!!Special Features:
- STILL Our Favorite RestaurantMMckinleyVIPDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I love dining at Ocean Prime! We dined here on August 9th (probably our 11th or 12th visit) and everything was wonderful (food, service, ambience -- as always). We had the opportunity to treat special friends to dinner on August 21 and of course we chose Ocean Prime. It was hard to believe we were there for 3 hours because everything was exceptional (as always). Our friends were overwhelmed by the experience. A quick listing: It makes everyone feel special when the General Manager (Tony) greets guests upon entrance with a "Welcome Back, So Good To See You Again" / service was unparalleled - prompt but not pushy / awesome dishes - loved sharing the mushrooms and asparagus = excellent / delicious / very comfortable dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEnjoyeditDined on 8/16/2014We had the signature Scallops and Sea bass. Both were excellent. Thomas was helpful and fun.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 8/16/2014One of the best happy hours in Phoenix, not to mention the main restaurant. A must!!!!!Special Features:
- AnniversarytherockDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at Ocean Prime 15 Aug. We discovered your establishment during an internet search as we wanted a dining experience unlike we have ever had. Made online reservation and on being seated we found the table had red rose petals on the table cloth.The staff congratulated us as they came by and this really meant a lot. We had Swordfish and Sea Bass which was the by far the best we have ever had. The staff would be rated five star. Everything we anticipated and more was fulfilled at Ocean Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wines by the Glass & BottleBobrDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated my wife's Birthday, and our server who is a sommelier or wine steward complimented our bottle of wine selection. Having been here for dinner before, and bringing out of town guests all have enjoyed the food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Great Seafood in Phoenix/ScottsdaleFurloughed1VIPDined on 8/11/2014A great seafood restaurant in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Fabulous and fresh seafood with superb service. Even the Manager checked in with us. We used to go to Mastros Ocean Club but will not anymore!Special Features:
- Our FAVORITE RestaurantMMckinleyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ocean Prime has been our 'Favorite' place to dine for several years. Each time we visit it is always special. We always receive wonderful, cheerful greetings and 'salutations' when we enter the restaurant. The atmosphere is very special - especially when sitting in the booths. Service is prompt but NOT 'pushy'. We have our favorite dishes, but this time we tried a couple of different dishes -- along with our favorite (of course) = Chilean Sea Bass! Absolutely the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 8/9/2014A must if you want good food and greater service. The lounge is awesome with good music.Special Features:
- Loved Dallas Ocean Prime hate PHXFoodie44Dined on 8/8/2014Went to this restaurant in Dallas while on business. Was excited to take my wife to the one in Phoenix. First, absolutely no parking available (probably not restaurants fault). After 15 minutes of searching we found a valet. Of course the restaurant did not validate (definitely their fault). We can spend $30 on a movie at IPIC (great theater by the way) and get free valet on them, but not when we spend $180 on dinner (my wife had one inexpensive glass of wine). We were ironically seated at a table overlooking the filled parking lot. I had the filet and my wife the salmon. They were okay, but not great. Convinced to try the lobster Mac-n-cheese. Not good. Wondered why the server didn't ask why we only took two bites. Will not go back
- JohnVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great lounge to enjoy their Happy Hour prices. The restaurant is also first class, with exceptional service.Special Features:
- FANTASTICMeet2EatDined on 8/1/2014It was a last minute find fory wife's B-day dinner, you know we guys are always late at planning things, Anyways I googled seafood and found it and unlike most online pics this place exceeded the pleasant photos online. We came from Seattle 12 years ago and kinda gave up on finding GREAT SEAFOOD in AZ but this place delivered in food quality, polite and knowledgeable staff and ambiance. I would characterize Ocean Prime as a small promise with a Big Delivery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceDisappointedDined on 7/31/2014Ordered two dishes: Ahi tuna and chicken. Tuna: Flavour was not there. Bland. Chicken dish: tough and dry. I was quite surprised as our server recommended both dishes and made sure I new that the chicken was amazingly good..well it was not. Carrot cake: way bigger than implied by server. If I had known it was so big I never would have ordered it. It just seemed that our server would say whatever she thought she needed to say to sell the food. We will not ever return. The prices were way too high for the quality of the food. We do not mind paying for a good meal but this was far from it. (we did eat in the more casual lounge/bar area not the formal dining room as we felt that we may not have been dressed appropriately for the dining room.)
- Peoria AZ, CouplePeoriaDinerDined on 7/24/2014We've eaten at other Ocean Prime locations and found High Street to be a standout in appearance, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceAndiDined on 7/12/2014this was our first time at Ocean Prime. the service was fantastic, the food was great and it was the perfect romantic location for our celebration. We will definitely be back to this restaurant in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerkrazymoiDined on 7/12/2014We wanted a place which had live music but wasn't too loud and also fantastic food. We found it at Ocean Prime. The service was impeccable - we had Beau and he was always there but not obtrusive. He suggested a wine which I liked and gave us time to relax and enjoy the dining experience. The music in the dining area was the perfect accompaniment to dinner - not too loud or too soft and we were surprised to find a duo in the bar. After dinner I took my remaining glass of wine and we sat and listened to the entertainment and even got in a dance. Prices were not too high considering the level of service and quality of the food. This is my new favorite place to dine.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 7/12/2014Good for anything, especially Happy Hour!! However, if you want to eat dinner, suggest you go to the main dining room.Special Features:
- ExcellantcharlieVIPDined on 7/11/2014Cameron Mitchell never fails to excel. This restaurant is wonderful.Special Features:
- Lobster SpecialeatingoutDined on 7/11/2014Good value for the 3-course lobster dinner. Crab filling in lobster was a bit spicy. Lobster seemed like it had been frozen. Salad and lobster bisque were great. Chocolate cake was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableBillsbestfriendVIPDined on 7/10/2014We have ben to OP many times with our favorite at Happy Hour where we can get oysters & wine at reasonable cost. Nice staff & good service.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!HappydinerDined on 7/8/2014Ocean Prime is a favorite of ours beause we always know we will have quality food, a great wine selection and wonderful service. If I had to state a negative it would be that for my taste the music was a bit too loud. Loud music in the bar is ok but in the main dining area it should be soft background noise not something to talk over. Overall though it is a great place to dineSpecial Features:
- Disappointed, But Full.JenBDined on 7/5/2014We were able to get last minute reservations on Independance Day weekend-- we were shocked. When we arrived, the place was empty. The Hostess was attempting to be congenial but was totally inappropriate. She asked why any of us would want to visit Arizona--she told us she was raised there and hated it. Unfortunately, for our guests who love Arizona, one who is buying a home here and two of us that are transplants, it was one of those awkward moments as she prattled on and on. The server took forever to get us everything-- yet, the place was empty. This was maddening. The food was delicious and for that reason, I'll go back. I have to think that the service was poor because the restaurant was so slow and the team wasn't on their game.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first impression!HockeydudeDined on 7/3/2014It was very nice. Food and service was great. A little quiet for 2 people who love to people watch but that did allow us to focus on us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!CowlboyDined on 6/28/2014Very high quality food. Very nice presentation. Attentive staff made it a perfect dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthdat DinnermshrlhDined on 6/28/2014Great, relaxed feel and superior service! We will definitely return... The steaks were amazing and the deserts divine! My wife said it was the best birthday dinner in 20+ years! The service was well-timed and very friendly! Thank you for your attention to detail and such friendly service!.Special Features:
- The following 676 reviews are from the Ocean Prime - Phoenix reviews archive.