Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
124 South 15th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimephilly.com/
- Phone: 2155630163x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday- Saturday 5:00PM- 11:00PM
Sunday 4:00 PM-9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sonny Pache
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch, dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes and tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings and everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (205)romantic (185)fit for foodies (125)good for groups (105)notable wine list (96)vibrant bar scene (83)hot spot (75)neighborhood gem (42)late-night find (30)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (10)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Attention to DetailmacysdinerDined on 9/27/2014We were asked if our dinner was for a special occassion and we stated yes, our wedding anniversary. When we arrived at our table, it was covered with red rose pedals. We received a glass of champagne and wonderful chocolate dessert, all compliments of the resturaunt.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedChuckDined on 9/27/2014Went for a birthday celebration and the waiter and manager did give my guest a birthday salutation and even comped a piece of cake for desert. The food was good and prepared well, except for the creamed spinach which we were warned had bacon in it. We said bring on the bacon! I could not find one bit of bacon and the spinach seemed to be on the level of Birdseye. The cocktails were interesting, but the restaurant was very noisy and it was difficult to hear each other. The service was sparse, waiter didn't bring a drink when asked and was not very attentive. Then prices were on par with any other upscale steak house in the city, but there was no Pop to the place. An outback experience at a Ruth's Chris or Del Frisco's price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014King Salmon, Tuna tartre, creamed spinach and my husband's steak were all terrific!!!! Kerrie was or server and she was great explaining dishes to us and wine too. She was knowledgeable about the restaurant also. We will be back, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again an Excellent MealDessertFirstVIPDined on 9/26/2014This is the third time we've dined at Ocean Prime and by far was our most enjoyable meal. We had fantastic service from David and Crystal. We were seated with a view of the kitchen. The kitchen staff efforts, attention to detail and pride they put into each plate was obvious. Food was excellent. Desserts were great and provided a perfect ending to a fun meal.Special Features:
- Fair to midlandCityEaterDined on 9/25/2014The ambiance was cool... It gives u a feeling that only people with money dine here. Which is a plus if ur trying to impress a date. But the food did not live up to the price tag associated with it. Not did the portion sizes. I probably won't go back unless someone else is payingSpecial Features:
- Prime Time DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014We had a wonderful evening. Our server "Irish Mike" was outstanding, attending to all our needs. The occasion was a celebration of our friends' anniversary. From the rose petals on the table, to the Champagne toast and finally to a special anniversary desert, we couldn't be more pleased. We will definitely return and share this dining experience with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar - Okay FoodGAProvinceDiningDined on 9/24/2014The main attraction may well be the bar. Great staff, great drinks and attention to detail in the presentation. Nice scotch selections. The Seafood was only so-so. The tuna tartar appetizer was nicely served in a bowl with a soy based sauce in the bottom. However impossible to eat without drowning the tuna in soy. Had the Chilean Sea bass main course - absolutely mediocre. Nothing to make the fish stand out. My partner had the Pork Chop which he said was good. The one real highlight were the brussel sprouts - best presentation I have ever had of this hard to cook veggie. All in all - have a drink and then save a few bucks and walk around the corner to the oyster house if you are in the mood for fish.
- Excellent!!LeslieDined on 9/22/2014I can't decide whether the service or the food was better. Top notch. Treat someone or treat yourself. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayLivfree27Dined on 9/20/2014This place was beautiful and our waiter Dae was amazing!!!! He made my birthday experience one of the best and he made sure all my requests were met! The food was delicious and the ambiance was superb!! I will definitely return for my next special occasion event or simply for a Happy Hour!Special Features:
- Top notch service and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014This was our second visit to Ocean Prime. We requested Mike as our server, after having a great experience with him the first time we were there, and must say he is simply the BEST!! So friendly, great service and wonderful food reccomendations. Highly reccomend dining there with Mike as your server!Special Features:
- Great FoodKeenaDined on 9/19/2014This is the second time I've dined at Ocean Prime. The food was just as great as the first time. Service was great as well. I definitely recommend the Carrot Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!bananaDined on 9/19/2014Got a last minute reservation for Friday 7pm during restaurant week, so glad I jumped on it! The ambiance was really cool and the food was delicious. We ordered the lobster bisque and salad, and we both ordered the filet medium rare (cooked perfectly). I would highly recommend trying Ocean Prime during restaurant week and for special occasions as the menu is a tad bit pricey.Special Features:
- My new favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary at Ocean Prime. He loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTablefor1Dined on 9/19/2014I go out to dine alone a lot as I am a widow.Here I felt that I was welcome and the food was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing TimeDonay2210Dined on 9/18/2014My overall experience was great. My first time dining here, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Food was great. The waiter was great. I cannot ask for a better time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experiencedaisycakesDined on 9/18/2014We went for restaurant week, forgoing our old standby Del Friscos. This place has a much cooler, hipper vibe for sure. The restaurant was really busy for RW but we were seated quickly and our server Rob was really great. My only complaint about service was that the table next to its was celebrating an anniversary so it seemed like he was a little more attentive to them. They came in well after us and got their food first. Food was good. The signature salad was awesome but a touch overdressed. The filet was good and so were the crab cakes. The lobster macaroni and cheese was just meh...reminiscent of Kraft or Velveeta. Overall a good meal but nowhere near as good as Del Friscos.Special Features:
- Love itFoodieDined on 9/18/2014I enjoyed everything about this place! I went with hubby he was so impressed!Special Features:
- Snotty HostessesKTMCVVIPDined on 9/17/2014I went for restaurant week on 9/17. The hostess told me to button up my blazer because you can't wear camo inside the restaurant due to dress code. However, I was wearing a grey floral top - white/grey/pink. and a blazer. There were at least 3 hostesses staring at me accusing me of wearing a camouflage top. That was a minor annoyance, but our waiter did a wonderful job by escalating the situation to the manager. I ended up leaving a very happy customer. Just next time, I hope that the snotty hostess has been replaced or had her eyes checked!Special Features:
- Get the filet!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014The steak was great! Melt in your mouth, cuts like better GREATSpecial Features:
- Restaurant WeekDateNight065Dined on 9/17/2014Less than impressed with the lobster bisque however everything else I had was delicious. For the main course I had the filet and for dessert, the carrot cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gem in the rough...bigfoodieDined on 9/17/2014it's so nice and elegant and the service is fast and very prompt. the server was so nice an eager to help us with any questions we had about the menu. this is a place that I would recommend my friends too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service Good seatingDaveDined on 9/16/2014Great food, great service, great drinks. Go there and you will be wowedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodMomonDined on 9/16/2014This was my first time here, I choose to give this restaurant a chance during restaurant week. That was a great decision, food was excellent and service was great. I would definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDined on 9/16/2014the hostest almost had us not returning, however out waiter, service and the food over shadowed all!!!Special Features:
- It was GREAT!LSpillerDined on 9/16/2014The food was excellent, and the service was great. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014Ocean Prime was the setting for our monthly "Girls Night Out" dinner, when I say everything was perfect.... We will definitely return, plus the service was Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backMrsCavDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I went to Ocean Prime for an afterwork dinner... Nice way to unwind after a long day. The drinks, waiter, bartender, and food were all excellent. The carot cake was divine.Special Features:
- great restaurantcandygyrlDined on 9/15/2014Ocean prime has very good food& A wonderful atmosphere…… I've been here three times and each time everything was great… very nice restaurant overall!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not thrilledGdelg732Dined on 9/14/2014I went here last weekend for Restaurant Week and I ordered a Filet Mignon and it was horrible. It didn't taste good and it was overly cooked. The server spilled water all over my friend's dress. I do have to say that I liked the lobster soup they served and the dessert. However, for a "fancy" restaurant I would not go again. I don't think its worth the money.
- Great food!NannyDined on 9/14/2014Loved the food! Restaurant week menu was perfect. Only downside was bus person took the bread basket away when we finished our appetizers...we would have loved to have finished it all. So yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing anniversary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014This was me and my husband's first time going to Ocean Prime and we loved it! It was our 1 year anniversary and the ambiance was so romantic. The table was set up with rose petals & they gave us a complimentary glass of champagne! The service was excellent and the food was superb! I would completely recommend this restaurant to everyone and we will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Great Food. Moderate service.tonybDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful restaurant. Food was excellent. The only con was the service. It started off very good. After enjoying an excellent made martini, we ordered a very expensive bottle of wine. It was decanted however, our waiter didn't return to pour. We waited almost 20 minutes and decided since our entrees had arrived to pour the wine. We also ordered coffee to accompany our dessert orders however, our waiter forget to enter our coffee order. We finally did get our coffees well after our desserts were consumed. Great food, fair service.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experience!happy2eatDined on 9/13/2014I would highly recommend this place for a special occasion mostly because the prices are a little high. The restaurant itself is beautiful and cozy. The service was exceptional and the food was amazing! We started with black orchid cocktail that was out of this world. We then had the lobster bisque soup and our entree was scallops. Between the way the food was presented and the taste of everything we both were highly satisfied with our selections. The waitress was very knowlegable about the menu and very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but pathetic servicekaitlDined on 9/13/2014The service was just inexcusable. It took 30 minutes for them to take our order. After the first course came out, we made sure to tell our waiter that we were going to a show (our reservation was for 6, the show was 5 blocks away starting at 8). The dinner was delicious (thank goodness, otherwise the whole thing would have been a bust). We asked for the check, immediately put the credit card in the sleeve and then waited and waited for the waiter to pick up the sleeve to run the cards. Finally my husband brought the bill and cards to the server (at this point it was 7:45PM). We had to wait another 5 minutes for the credit card slips to sign. Unacceptable.Special Features:
- SIMPLY AMAZINGShaun302Dined on 9/12/2014GREAT FOOD, FAST, ELEGANT ... AMAZING ! I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurant!LauraDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonder evening, and David (our server) was outstanding! The lobster bisque was so creamy, the filet melted in your mouth, and the crab cakes were delicious! We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Great service, great drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014Our service was exceptional food was very good, drinks were great! I had the best drink ever - 'berries and bubbles' would recommend for any person that likes vodka martinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSF2010Dined on 9/10/2014My boyfriend and I went during restaurant week. It was such a great experience from the time we walked in until the time we left. No disappointments whatsoever. We couldn't ask for a better server that evening. We will definitely be returning very soon.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceMsLadyDinesVIPDined on 9/10/2014This was my second time dining at Ocean Prime and my first time dining there during Restaurant Week. Same great service, same great quality food, same lovely atmosphere as non RW dining. Although the RW menu is limited everything on there was fantastic. The only thing that wasn't had was the chicken so I can't speak on it. But between the five of us (aunts, cousin, mom & I) we all enjoyed our meals and experience immensely! Lobster bisque was amazing, salmon was perfectly delicious & the mocha chocolate chip ice cream w/ the almond cookie was to die! My cousin swore by the steak. They all swore by the carrot cake. I'll definitely dine there again! Likely going to happy hour w/ friends in a week or so. I don't drink but I'll enjoy an app!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014The food was delicious. I went during Restaurant week, so it was a bit busy. However, because our appetizer took longer than normal to come out, they took the initiative to comp two of our cocktails. I thought that was a really great gesture and good customer service. Our server was knowledgeable and extremely attentive and friendly, which was not easy as they were extremely busy. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.