Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
124 South 15th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimephilly.com/
- Phone: 2155630163x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday- Saturday 5:00PM- 11:00PM
Sunday 4:00 PM-9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sonny Pache
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch, dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes and tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings and everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)romantic (141)fit for foodies (94)notable wine list (79)good for groups (74)vibrant bar scene (61)hot spot (49)neighborhood gem (33)late-night find (20)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014excellent food and service nice environment interesting diverse menu nice bar area that is nicely separated from dining so able to have lively bar scene without impacting diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014I had noted that it was our 41st anniversary when reserving. We found rose pedals on the table, were wished anniversary greetings at least four times by managers and waitstaff, and were even treated with champagne and a sorbet and fruit desert served on a special plate with a candle and wishes at the end. Even had we not received this "special" treatment, we would both have rated Ocean Prime as a 5-Star venue in all three categories. Even the Valet services was warm, courteous, and friendly. Kudos to all who made our evening special. We will return.Special Features:
- Steak is AMAZING!ElaiDined on 8/25/2014The Kansas City steak was absolutely amazing. Juicy & tastes great. The service was great. Expensive restaurant though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectniceVIPDined on 8/23/2014Service is beyond. If you ask you receive. Good food with a service experience to match. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful time!RomanticPopPopDined on 8/23/2014Took my lovely wife out for our 29th. anniversary. Notified them of our celebration and they didn't miss the mark! Service was wonderful! The manager and assistant manager came to our table and wished us a "Happy Anniversary", the rose pedals on our table were special (especially since I ordered flowers to center our table!!) The food was cooked to perfection! Everything was great! I would definitely recommend it to our family and friends! Good job, keep up the good work!Special Features:
- suekrnDined on 8/22/2014Excellent dining experience! Have already recommended Ocean Prime to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in ClassNothardtopleazDined on 8/20/2014Food excellent...waiter...James very good....bartender Evan...the best in town!!!!!Special Features:
- excellent68foodyDined on 8/19/2014calamari was superb as was the lobster tails and crab-cake......had good service.....wine list could do with more international wines, there is room for a Soave from Italy and better quality Sauv Blancs from New Zealand.....there were no wines represented from either South Africa, Australia or Chile......room for 1 or 2 from each country!Special Features:
- Anniversary to rememberlove2eatDined on 8/19/2014We celebrated our 2nd anniversary at Ocean Prime. This was our fourth time here and it seems to get better each time. We were greeted with a table covered in rose petals and 2 flutes of chilled champagne. Every dish we ordered was delicious from the appetizer to the desert. Our desert had Happy Anniversary written on the plate in chocolate with a lit candle on the side. Our server Lauren was wonderful. Can't say enough about this place.Special Features:
- Superb restaurantSilverScotDined on 8/19/2014We were warmly greeted and told our table was ready but if we wished we could go to the bar for a cocktail. We were glad we did! The bar person, Jen, was extremely personable and we had some great cocktails. The Black Iris is of particular note. When we were seated the wait staff were very attentive to our needs. The food was excellent. Our party had four different entrees and the plate . presentation for each was very good. I had noted in my reservation that one of our party was celebrating a birthday. The table was strewn with "Happy Birthday" sprinkles and the dessert he ordered was presented with a candle and "Happy Birthday" piped in chocolate on the plate. I highly recommend Ocean Prime!Special Features:
- Outstanding FOOD & SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Everything was over the top. From the decor to the food to the service and drink. I give Kerrie (short w/ blonde hair) a 10 on a scale from 1-10, 10 being outstanding. Since it was our first time at Ocean Prime she made it a memorable one. Everything she recommend was delicious. I would definitely return. My favorite was the blueberry bubble drink-yummy!!!!Special Features:
- Great all Around!NewZagats2VIPDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed the cobb seafood salad and the calamari a little different with the soy sauce, but the ravioli were amazing!! :-) So was the service!! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014The menu at Ocean Prime is a bit confusing. From the restaurant's name, you would think that it serves the best seafood but I think the word Prime really points to the focus on steaks. The seafood was just ok. Nothing to rave about but nothing bad either. I had the "Prime Feature" which was four medium-sized scallops with a 1/4 cup of risotto. My wife had the pork porterhouse which was huge but lacked any significant flavor. All in all, just ok.
- Ocean PrimeAmessageDined on 8/11/2014My experience was pleasant at Ocean Prime. The food was good, not outstanding but good nonetheless. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu, our food came out relatively fast. I would return. The Salmon Teriyaki was very good, could have used a little more sauce. The drinks were a little weak and juiced up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food was amazing but the real highlight was our server crystal. She was knowledgable about the menu, made great wine suggestions, and was just such a pleasure. We will surely be back to see her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Everything was cool just a lil but to much noise from mob wives tapingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to going back!PhillygalDined on 8/8/2014Went to Ocean Prime to celebrate my birthday with my husband and everything about our dining experience makes me want to come back again. From the moment we entered to the time we left the entire staff was so attentive. The food was delicious and the Chef was nice enough to work with my food allergy. The crab cake and both the Yellowfin Tuna and Lobster tails were great choices. My only regret was not asking to be seated away from the bar as there was a football game on and it did get a little loud; but not enough to spoil this really nice dining experience. Looking forward to dining at Ocean Prime again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service..LloydDined on 8/7/2014... and as expected, a bit expensive. Nothing really negative to say except that when I say pricey I am specifically thinking of the Halibut that my wife had, described as halibut and lobster with gnocchi. The small bits of lobster were a joke. I'm sure you could have fit the lobster meat in a 1 oz. shot glass. The halibut piece wasn't too small, but less than servings seen at other fine seafood restaurants, and for $44 USD with no other accompaniment such as a veg, that's a bit pricey. Otherwise the service was great and the food very good. We also had the scallops. As an additional note, we were listening to the server tell us that they had shore-gazisms... took us a second to figure out she was talking about oysters. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningPJMAYDined on 8/4/2014This was our first visit to Ocean Prime and certainly won’t be our last visit. From the valet drivers, to the warm and inviting welcome we received upon our walking into the restaurant…this place ranked #1 in our minds. Our waitress, Crystal, was amazing and the food was superb....Special Features:
- Excellent FoodMikkelmbcDined on 8/2/2014I took my wife for her 40th birthday and had a great time. The wait staff is knowledgeable and helpful. The Loster Bisque and the surf and turf appetizers are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food with perfect servicePhillymanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Just terrific! The seafood was fresh and wonderfully prepared. The steak was delicious and just perfect!. The service was efficient and unobtrusive. Everyone involved seemed to sincerely care that we enjoyed the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aetrn5VIPDined on 8/1/2014This was our 3rd time dining here. We highly recommend the Calamari appetizer, the scallops or crab cake as an appetizer, and the baked Alaska for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyOUTSTANDINGVIPDined on 7/30/2014The sound level was way too high for a high end seafood and steak house. The noise volume was a huge turn off for fine dining. It was so loud that the server and I could hardly hear each other without shouting. I understand that it's only overly loud during happy hour so be aware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingjustmarried0730Dined on 7/30/2014Everything was great that evening. We came in for a special occasion and was treated very well. Several of the employees acknowledge our special occasion throughout the evening. The food was amazing and is the best restaurant we have been to in awhile. Jerome was our waiter for the evening and did not disappoint. We had the tomato salad, steak, chicken, twice baked potato, corn and mushrooms. Can't wait to go back. Will definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Food not great and very pricey.Drtodd777VIPDined on 7/29/2014Will stick with the palm. Very bland halibut. Soggy Brussels sprouts
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/26/2014Our experience at Ocean Prime was, as usual, wonderful!! We have dined in many upscale restaurants in Philadelphia and sometimes feel the hosts are a bit snooty, but not here. Ocean Prime hosts greet you with a warm smile and truly seem happy to see you. The bartenders are amazing. I swear they have made me the best martini's I've ever had. Thanks again to Jerome for his impeccable service. He truly is fantastic! We can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TONY AND WIFETONYDined on 7/26/2014HEARD ABOUT IT FROM FRIENDS TRY IT OUT WE LOVED THE ATMOSPHERE THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AND OUR SERVERS WERE GREAT AND FRIENDLY. WE WILL GO BACKSpecial Features:
- Very Nice RestaurantMAC5VIPDined on 7/26/2014The ambience, food and service was top notch! They offer valet parking which is very convenient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014We had dinner at Ocean Prime for my birthday and found the food to be absolutely amazing. Our service from the waiter was also top-notch. However we were put off by the guy at the Hostess station. He was very abrasive and told me that my dress did not fit with their dress code. He said that I needed to wear a shawl in order to have dinner at the restaurant. I was offended, but wore the shawl because I was excited to try this restaurant. I was perturbed when I saw that the dress code was not uniformly applied as many other women guests appeared with similar apparel. My advice to management is to lighten up. It was 10 pm on a Friday night, not Sunday brunch. I think the hostess staff could also use a refresher in customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy SpendyMiMiDined on 7/25/2014Our dining experience was great fun as we celebrated a special occasion (college graduation). We pretty much ordered one of everything on the menu starting with cocktails. The specialty drink with the smoke and berries was awesome. The calamari was fantastic but the crab cake, not so much. Three of our party of four ordered steaks and I had the Pork Porterhouse which left a lot to be desired. It was a thick impressive cut, but very tough. We all agreed we've had much better selections at Ruth Chris for the steaks and Butcher & Singer for the pork chop. If ambience is your pleasure this spot is cool and trendy. However, beware, it was grossly overpriced and not as tasty as other upscale dining establishments. Unsure if I'd return.Special Features:
- JennahDined on 7/24/2014Great dinner! Would def return to dine again..My server was friendly and very attentive :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeGreatTimeDined on 7/21/2014I had a great time there. Out waiter was cool, knew the menu well & picked some good drinks & food for us to try. The food was great & I'll be back soon, maybe even once a week. I had the crab cakes & spinach dip. Ima book my bday party there for my whole staff @ #BrokeBoyzInc BrokeBoyzInc/InstagramSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experienceonlythebest4usDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I dined here for my birthday. I had visited before with my girl friend but the ambiance was perfect for a special occasion. The food, drinks and service was spectacular. We have decided to make this a regular date spot. We definitely will recommend to others we know enjoy a quality dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and Elegant Restaurantlove2eatDined on 7/19/2014Don't think that because the Restaruant is called "Ocean Prime" that it's a steak house. Yes they have steak. But the other selections on the menu are amazing! This place has everything from seafood, salads, sides, and a great choice of appetizers. The ambience is what I loved about this.The service is why I gave it 5 stars. The waiters had impeccable manners and were very professional in their jobs (it felt like they were your very own private butlers). The food is also 5 star worthy.I had the sea bass which melted in your mouth! From what I could see, this place had a very nice private room for parties and spacious seating all around. With a reservation, we were seated right away (on a Saturday night). All around- excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- ScenicMaryLVIPDined on 7/19/2014The space at Ocean Prime is very arresting visually--high ceilings, deep colors, lovely decor--very nice indeed. Unusual soundtrack--a mix of popular tunes and classic folk rock. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately in a quiet upstairs booth. Service was friendly, and offered many suggestions. House salad was great, fresh and well-dressed. Shrimp cocktail was OK, although the dry-ice presentation was a bit over the top. Filets were solidly good, and cooked as ordered. Creamed spinach with bacon was the only off note--a little too salty, and the sauce didn't hold. Otherwise good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2014Great restaurant for a special night out. The menu has both great seafood and steak entrees to suit most tastes. The service is courteous, knowledgeable and helped make the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious, overpriced underservedTorranceDined on 7/16/2014First a table lamp fell apart and knocked over my wife's wine. The oysters were underwhelming, overpriced. The White Truffle, Caviar Deviled Eggs sounded interesting, but the truffle was a little overdone while the caviar required a magnifying glass to find the egg or two on each. The Cobia special I ordered was very good as was the Blackened Snapper my wife ordered. The water glass in which a fuit fly landed was removed, but there was no offer of coffee or desert for this disruption of our experience. At a diner I wouldn't quibble over these inconveniences, but at this price point I expect a little more. Overall we had a good time and the food was good, but I think the lack of attention to detail doesn't justify the hefty bill.
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Dinner was amazing, I took an out of town client and my boss, both were very impressed. Loved the Bubble and Berries drink and my boss loved the Carrot Cake! I will definitly be back again.Special Features:
- Disapointing birthday dinnernewtophillyDined on 7/16/2014It was my 60th birthday. I wanted a special spot. So, I made a reservation at Ocean Prime. You will not find me back. The restaurant was noisy, and the service hurried. The waiter spilled water down my partners shirt and over the table. Food was ok, but not exceptional, and the sides were cold. On the reservation, I noted that it was my birthday. The server did nothing to make me feel special.Special Features:
- A gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014My wife and I were in Philadelphia for a businees trip and we could not decide where to go for dinner on our last night. Read a few Yelp reviews on local steak houses and we decided to go with Ocean Prime. Our decision was great and the restaurant was fantastic. Highly recommend the place.Special Features: