Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
124 South 15th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimephilly.com/
- Phone: 2155630163x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday- Saturday 5:00PM- 11:00PM
Sunday 4:00 PM-9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sonny Pache
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch, dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes and tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings and everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
267 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (189)romantic (175)fit for foodies (113)good for groups (90)notable wine list (87)vibrant bar scene (75)hot spot (66)neighborhood gem (38)late-night find (30)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Get the filet!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014The steak was great! Melt in your mouth, cuts like better GREATSpecial Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Less than impressed with the lobster bisque however everything else I had was delicious. For the main course I had the filet and for dessert, the carrot cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service Good seatingDaveDined on 9/16/2014Great food, great service, great drinks. Go there and you will be wowedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014the hostest almost had us not returning, however out waiter, service and the food over shadowed all!!!Special Features:
- It was GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014The food was excellent, and the service was great. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014Ocean Prime was the setting for our monthly "Girls Night Out" dinner, when I say everything was perfect.... We will definitely return, plus the service was Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backMrsCavDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I went to Ocean Prime for an afterwork dinner... Nice way to unwind after a long day. The drinks, waiter, bartender, and food were all excellent. The carot cake was divine.Special Features:
- Not thrilledGdelg732Dined on 9/14/2014I went here last weekend for Restaurant Week and I ordered a Filet Mignon and it was horrible. It didn't taste good and it was overly cooked. The server spilled water all over my friend's dress. I do have to say that I liked the lobster soup they served and the dessert. However, for a "fancy" restaurant I would not go again. I don't think its worth the money.
- Great food!NannyDined on 9/14/2014Loved the food! Restaurant week menu was perfect. Only downside was bus person took the bread basket away when we finished our appetizers...we would have loved to have finished it all. So yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing anniversary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014This was me and my husband's first time going to Ocean Prime and we loved it! It was our 1 year anniversary and the ambiance was so romantic. The table was set up with rose petals & they gave us a complimentary glass of champagne! The service was excellent and the food was superb! I would completely recommend this restaurant to everyone and we will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Great Food. Moderate service.tonybDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful restaurant. Food was excellent. The only con was the service. It started off very good. After enjoying an excellent made martini, we ordered a very expensive bottle of wine. It was decanted however, our waiter didn't return to pour. We waited almost 20 minutes and decided since our entrees had arrived to pour the wine. We also ordered coffee to accompany our dessert orders however, our waiter forget to enter our coffee order. We finally did get our coffees well after our desserts were consumed. Great food, fair service.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experience!happy2eatDined on 9/13/2014I would highly recommend this place for a special occasion mostly because the prices are a little high. The restaurant itself is beautiful and cozy. The service was exceptional and the food was amazing! We started with black orchid cocktail that was out of this world. We then had the lobster bisque soup and our entree was scallops. Between the way the food was presented and the taste of everything we both were highly satisfied with our selections. The waitress was very knowlegable about the menu and very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but pathetic servicekaitlDined on 9/13/2014The service was just inexcusable. It took 30 minutes for them to take our order. After the first course came out, we made sure to tell our waiter that we were going to a show (our reservation was for 6, the show was 5 blocks away starting at 8). The dinner was delicious (thank goodness, otherwise the whole thing would have been a bust). We asked for the check, immediately put the credit card in the sleeve and then waited and waited for the waiter to pick up the sleeve to run the cards. Finally my husband brought the bill and cards to the server (at this point it was 7:45PM). We had to wait another 5 minutes for the credit card slips to sign. Unacceptable.Special Features:
- SIMPLY AMAZINGShaun302Dined on 9/12/2014GREAT FOOD, FAST, ELEGANT ... AMAZING ! I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurant!LauraDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonder evening, and David (our server) was outstanding! The lobster bisque was so creamy, the filet melted in your mouth, and the crab cakes were delicious! We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSF2010Dined on 9/10/2014My boyfriend and I went during restaurant week. It was such a great experience from the time we walked in until the time we left. No disappointments whatsoever. We couldn't ask for a better server that evening. We will definitely be returning very soon.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceMsLadyDinesVIPDined on 9/10/2014This was my second time dining at Ocean Prime and my first time dining there during Restaurant Week. Same great service, same great quality food, same lovely atmosphere as non RW dining. Although the RW menu is limited everything on there was fantastic. The only thing that wasn't had was the chicken so I can't speak on it. But between the five of us (aunts, cousin, mom & I) we all enjoyed our meals and experience immensely! Lobster bisque was amazing, salmon was perfectly delicious & the mocha chocolate chip ice cream w/ the almond cookie was to die! My cousin swore by the steak. They all swore by the carrot cake. I'll definitely dine there again! Likely going to happy hour w/ friends in a week or so. I don't drink but I'll enjoy an app!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014The food was delicious. I went during Restaurant week, so it was a bit busy. However, because our appetizer took longer than normal to come out, they took the initiative to comp two of our cocktails. I thought that was a really great gesture and good customer service. Our server was knowledgeable and extremely attentive and friendly, which was not easy as they were extremely busy. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- katrinkaVIPDined on 9/10/2014This was one of the best meals I've had in a long time --The food was excellent, the service was attentive, and the atmosphere was lovely. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- sadly disappointed...Susie706Dined on 9/10/2014Went for restaurant week. Saw nothing but great reviews and was excited about going. Love the atmosphere. I would go back for happy hour, but not for dinner. Service was excellent, but slow. Very noisy. Bread was tasty. Ordered crab cakes. They looked lovely on they plate but had a succatash sauce that was just too over powering to go on a crab cake. absolutely no taste...none! Manager came over and offered new order, which I took to go. Tried to eat it next day, sauce was on side but overuse of old bay. filet mignon was good. Very expensive, for regular menu. The happy hour drinks and calamari were very good. when we got our check, a comment card was already filled out with "outstanding"boldly written across the whole card.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperinceRosebud66Dined on 9/9/2014My first time ever eating at O.P. The food was empicable. I enjoy the food from beginning to end. Great service atmosphere was great. Overall experience was great!!! I will certainly be dinning there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceAngyDined on 9/9/2014Went for resturant week, the section was great and the portions were plenty. Waitress was wonderful and attentive. Great for dinner with friends or for a nice date night. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to complain aboutborndivaDined on 9/9/2014Always on point! Never any complaints from myself, family, or friends. ☆☆☆☆☆Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY ENJOYES THE EXPERIENCE.STRAWBERRY302Dined on 9/8/2014MY BOYFRIEND AND MYSELF HAVE BEEN TO A LOT OF FANCY UPSCALE RESTAURANTS OVER THE YEARS. YOUR ESTABLISHMENT BY FAR, HAS BEEN THE BEST!!! MY BOYFIEND IS STILL TALKING ABOUT IT. 2 THUMBS UPSpecial Features:
- First time and not the lastlove2dineVIPDined on 9/8/2014This truly was a great first time and defiantely will not be my last. The food was excellent and the service was very good. Can't wait to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster101VIPDined on 9/7/2014Delicious Restaurant Week Dinners. We had salmon, filet and crab cakes.....good portions and a wonderful evening. Love going to Ocean Prime. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dininghereisamustluvthisplaceDined on 9/7/2014This service was great. Our waiter was so pleasant and calm. The atmosphere was nice. My friends and I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightJustTJDined on 9/7/2014Went out for dinner for a friends birthday and everything was amazing. We have a friend with a severe seafood allergy and the staff was so great to take care of her special request. Overall just a great night with great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Ocean Prime is a treat!!! Excellent food and the service was fabulous!Special Features:
- Great steaks!!!!!ejcr1961Dined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful time there. Will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SGoldVIPDined on 9/6/2014We visited the restaurant to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary. Unfortunately, even though I stopped by the day before to tell the girls at the front desk of our special occasion, we were seated in a corner framed by the wine rack (not a really bad concern but it did make me feel a bit hemmed in. I should have asked for another table but although my wife had a view of the main room and it's interesting décor, I was looking at the open kitchen with the distraction of all the wait-staff going back and forth. Our waiter was helpful and fairly attentive. I just felt just a little put off by the experience and that it somehow detracted from the full enjoyment of the meal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014First time there, Bartendress was very friendly and helpful. Waiter was extremely knoweledgeable and very helpful. Food was excellent. Parking sucks downtown.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, ambience not so sure?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014Our server Drew was excellent. the food was good, however I did nt like the seating we had. But maybe if we go again we can a diff table for a new perspective. a robust crowd, and lively. prob not great for a romantic quite evening...but great with a group a friends. we will go back again...Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014This restaurant has excellent service! Great for date night or just meeting with friends. Lovely ambiance, beautiful scenery, delicious food all on top of great service. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!AlmostEmptyNesters2Dined on 9/4/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. The food was absolutely delish, and our server was awesome. The presentation of the crabmeat cocktail appetizer was pretty awesome. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- 2 out of 3 timesChaseVIPDined on 9/2/2014The service was consistently good the three times I've been. The food was a real challenge. Steak was not of the quality I expect and overdone. Sea Bass was over cooked. :-(
- HarveDined on 8/30/2014Food Fantastic, Service Excellent. Very Courteous, Knowledgeable & Professional. Michael(our waiter) made great suggestions.Special Features:
- tlongDined on 8/27/2014excellent food and service nice environment interesting diverse menu nice bar area that is nicely separated from dining so able to have lively bar scene without impacting diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Date NightArthurKDined on 8/26/2014I had noted that it was our 41st anniversary when reserving. We found rose pedals on the table, were wished anniversary greetings at least four times by managers and waitstaff, and were even treated with champagne and a sorbet and fruit desert served on a special plate with a candle and wishes at the end. Even had we not received this "special" treatment, we would both have rated Ocean Prime as a 5-Star venue in all three categories. Even the Valet services was warm, courteous, and friendly. Kudos to all who made our evening special. We will return.Special Features:
- Steak is AMAZING!ElaiDined on 8/25/2014The Kansas City steak was absolutely amazing. Juicy & tastes great. The service was great. Expensive restaurant though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.