Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
124 South 15th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimephilly.com/
- Phone: (215) 563-0163
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday- Saturday 5:00PM- 11:00PM
Sunday 4:00 PM-9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mitch Brumels
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch, dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes and tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings and everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (199)romantic (172)fit for foodies (130)good for groups (98)notable wine list (92)vibrant bar scene (82)hot spot (81)neighborhood gem (45)late-night find (23)great for lunch (16)scenic view (10)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- One of the best meals ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014My husband and I agree that dinner at Ocean Prime was one of the best dining experiences we have had in quite some time. The warm crusty bread and the perfectly mixed cocktails were the first indication that this was going to be a great meal. We loved the chilled crab meat cocktail (huge jumbo lump) which was divine with the Crab Louis style dipping sauce and the unusual presentation. We have ordered lobster tails in countless restaurants but have never had it served so succulent and tender-EVER! The Chilean Sea Bass with the whipped potatoes with the champagne truffle sauce were cooked and seasoned to perfection. The chocolate cake was a great ending to our perfect meal. That was no ordinary chocolate cake. . . And of course the service was friendly, efficient and we loved the refined atmosphere. Five out of five stars for this dinner. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMaryAnnVIPDined on 11/17/2014I may have been expecting a lot from Ocean Prime based upon reviews and the point level of prices. The food is good, but other high end steakhouses are better.
- Center City GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2014We were so excited to hear the news that Ocean Prime was opening for lunch. We came in on Monday and had a tremendous experience. The food, service, hospitality were second to none. Dining room managers Pat and Lindsey took great care of us. We cannot wait to return. We love Ocean Prime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place and even better foodJavierDined on 11/15/2014I've been here several times and it just gets better and better. The Atmosphere Is nice, the waiters are good and the service is exceptional. But the thing that keeps me coming back is how good the food is! The teriyaki salmon is absolutely phenomenal and is a must try. I would definitely refer Ocean Prime to anyone who's thinking about trying a new restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dining expereince.MissyDined on 11/15/2014My dining party and I really enjoyed our first experience at Ocean Prime. We got a booth which gave us a view of the entire restaurant. The entire dining experience from cocktails to dessert was wonderful. I highly recommend the restaurant and will go back.Special Features:
- Very enjoybable experiencepeacetoallVIPDined on 11/15/2014You know you will get good to great food and that the service will be good, but I don't think it can wow you like a place such as Barclay Prime could. The servers like to tell you how much they care, but they weren't that coordinated. Overall, we had no complaints and had an enjoyable experience but didn't leave with the "have to back there right away" feeling.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent steak, bland menuAndrewDined on 11/14/2014If you're going to spend 45 bucks on a steak, there are better places to go. If your work is picking up the tab, have at it.Special Features:
- Wonderful servicesronaVIPDined on 11/13/2014The food on our visit was very good but the chef has a very heavy hand with hot pepper. My veal chop was too peppery to eat and was also more rare than I had requested. The excellent waiter took it back to the kitchen and the chef fixed it so that it was delicious and just as I like it. Kudos to them both for the service. My husband's fish was delicious although also more peppery than he would have liked. The carrot cake and pumpkin ice cream were delicious! The prices are high but Philadelphia seems to be expensive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2014Large, high ceiling, open room. Classy and formal, not warm or cozy. Excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Bill & AnnaBillAnnaDined on 11/8/2014Bar was great. Dinner was great. Service was great. But sometimes you can't pick who you dine next to. LOUD!!!! Sorry had a much nicer time last time we where there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEWSteveDined on 11/8/2014this was the first time we ate here and the experience was very good the waiter was informative and friendly as well as responsive The food was very good My wife ate fish and loved it and I ate Steak and loved itSpecial Features:
- Great spot to celebrateTreat2eatDined on 11/7/2014Went here to celebrate my anniversary. The service and food was impeccable. The black orchid DaRick was outstanding as was the desserts. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fine Dining At Its BestTomSVIPDined on 11/7/2014While there has been some criticism of this restaurant by "professional food critics" because it is part of a multi restaurant operation, my wife and I found the food, ambiance, service, and creativity to be equal to the best restaurants in New York, Chicago, and Las Vegas. We spent time with Executive Chef Mitchell Brumels, who explained the philosophy behind the restaurant. The actual meal lived up to his explanation. Our goat cheese ravoli and ahi tuna tartare appetizers were first class. My yellowfin tuna entree and my wife's pork porterhouse entree were spot on. The lobster mash potatoes were delicious and the chocolate mousse cake was a great way to end the meal. Cudos to our server, Crystal, who made the evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dining!cakes314Dined on 11/3/2014My friend and I really enjoyed our dining experience. I ordered the sea scallops with risotto and my friend ordered steak. We were both really pleased with the preparation and presentation of our meals. We also enjoyed the tuna app and the lobster bisque. For sides, we ordered the lobster mashed potatoes and the brussel sprouts. Wee did not enjoy the brussel sprouts. The way they are prepared has a strong "smokey" flavor which seemed to overpower everything else. We sent them back and the restaurant did not hassle. Overall, great experience and will go back.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceGayleJMDined on 11/2/2014Excellent food whether you prefer seafood or steaks. The appitizer crab cake could easily be the best I have ever had. Very impressive wine list. Excellent experience. The only reason I did not give 5 stars to service was because our extremely professional server was just a little too attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Everything about this restaurant screams perfection. Nothing was out if place, service was exquisite, and the food was magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerJCZRaciteDined on 10/29/2014We had a very knowledgable server. My husband and I enjoyed the best steak we've ever had. The beer recommended by our server was a great compliment to the dish. I loved the Black Orchid drink and the scallops were perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerTheGobbler45Dined on 10/25/2014I surprised my wife with a night out for her Birthday and I chose Ocean Prime for our dinner location. We arrived 30 minutes early for our reservation and the place was packed, the hostess staff was accommodating and was able to get us a table ten minutes prior to our reservation, I let the restaurant know in advance that it was a special occasion and they had confetti on the table and gave us a complimentary desert. We both ordered steak which was excellent and split a baked potato which was sub par. All in all a great experience I would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Mamaof2Dined on 10/25/2014Went here for my husbands birthday. As soon as I walked in I knew I was going to like this place. The ambiance was great. Our waiter was awesome & the food was excellent. I'll definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningHutchwickDined on 10/25/2014Early reservations and we were seated in front of the kitchen window. Did not think that we would like that location but watching the Sous and Exec Chefs work was fun. Michael was our waiter and was entertaining and informative. It was our anniversary and were seated with two flutes of champagne. Shared the Calamari. I'm a squid critic but this was the best rendition of calamari that we've ever had. Tender and flavorful. My wife had the Yellow Fin and I had a KC Strip. I don't think that my wife will ever have a better tuna. The strip was good, well aged, but I'm thinking that the rib eye would have been the best choice. The brussel sprouts were tasty but a little tough. Maybe a three minute steam to tenderize before the sautee.Special Features:
- A place for celebratingRomanticfoodieDined on 10/18/2014A must for special occasions. Excellent food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwankyOneIrshRosDined on 10/18/2014This was a fantastic. Elegant, swanky, classy....everything you would want to make you feel special. I absolutely loved it and would go again and recommend it to all my friends!Special Features:
- Best Service in the CityDonotOwnaKitchenVIPDined on 10/18/2014This place really stands out and is way above Del Frisco's and all of the other steak and fish restaurants. We eat out a lot and pay particular attention to how well an eatery is managed. Ocean Prime is incredibly well managed and it shows. The staff remembers our names and what we like to eat and drink. They go above and beyond with the managers Lindsay and Lydia always coming by the table and thank us for coming in. The staff turn over is very low and again it shows in how they know the menus and how they serve their customers. Food is excellent, along with a great bar and wine selection.Special Features:
- Incredible as usual.cbtampaDined on 10/17/2014Beautiful dining room. Wait staff attentive. Food exceptional, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new Favsongbyrd0022Dined on 10/15/2014I love, love, LOVE this restaurant! The service was amazing and the food was absolutely delicious. I cant wait to go back. Very romantic as well. 10 stars :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COSTS AN ARM AND A LEGBOBBIEDined on 10/15/2014THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD AND THE SERVICE JUST FINE, BUT THE PRICES ARE RIDICULOUSLY HIGH. I HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE AND WOULD LIKE TO GO AGAIN, BUT NOT AT THESE PRICES.Special Features:
- Icing On The CakeTwinsDined on 10/15/2014Celebrated a 40th wedding anniversary of close family members! Showed as a wonderful time. Great attention to the celebrants and made the milestone celebration that more special!! The food was delicious, the service was excellent and just an overall exceptional dining experience. Thanks to all :-)Special Features:
- Nice2dineDined on 10/15/2014The food was great , But service wasn't so good ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean PrimeGonzalezDined on 10/12/2014All in All the only thing I would have preferred was a table for two instead of the booth that sits five. I would go there again.Special Features:
- Good, let down by poor servicenathieDined on 10/11/2014Great ambience, lively atmosphere and the food was pretty good. However price was expensive compared to similar restaurants in the area. Service was poor, slow and not attentive. We waited almost an hour between appetizers and entrees with no sign of our server in between.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went out for a date night here. We don't get out often so when we do we like nice places. My husbands medium rare steak came out well done and hard. My lobster tails had been sitting under the heat lamp and were rubbery and cold. We sent everything back and it came out ok the 2nd time. The service was friendly and good however. We would not go back though.
- Not crazy about the steakUrDocVIPDined on 10/11/2014Underwhelmed by what was advertised as their best cut and aged it was not flavorful. They are usually cooked in butter which I asked them to hold for personal reasons. Maybe their style would have improved the taste but I would prefer other top steak koses to return to .Special Features:
- SnobbishlovetoeatDined on 10/11/2014The food at this establishment was excellent!!! How ever I thought it was a bit snobbish! My server Jerome was excellent. It was my first time here. I definitely would go back again....Special Features:
- great steak and serviceEdmoDined on 10/10/2014great steak, service, and atmosphere. One of my favorite, if not the best steaks in Philadelphia. Great service, excellent decor, and high quality food. I've dine her several times and have never been disappointed (or left hungry). Great specialty cocktails as well. You can't go wrong with the shrimp cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our AnniversaryMarkitaDined on 10/10/2014Ocean Prime was an amazing experience for my husband and I on our 4th year wedding anniversary. The staff when out of there was to make us feel special. We will definitely dine there again and again! Best restaurant we've been to on our anniversary thus far!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees were superbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent food, perfectly prepared. Dessert was a little ho-hum, not at the perfect temperature, and had small pieces of paper imbedded in it (Baked Alaskan). However, the main entrée was absolutely excellent and I would go back for that alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StashaDined on 10/9/2014The service was outstanding. Food was incredible overall I would go back and recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak House + SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/8/2014Phiily is becoming a city of steak houses. This is one of the latest in an old bank behind the Avenue of the Arts. Everything was good and high-powered. Great if you are on an expense account. Would return.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceMcIntoshsDined on 10/5/2014My hubby & I have dined at other Ocean Primes throughout the country. So we were pleased to have one open close to home. The service is always Great! Even when there's only the two of us dining, we are given a waiter/tress & an assistant. The food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food...Great AmbiancemeatisgoodDined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed a lovely evening at Ocean Prime with family. The only downside was that we were not seated for our 8pm reservation until about 8:30pm. Other than that, the service was excellent and the food was delicious. I recommend their calamari as an appetizer and you can't go wrong with their chilean sea bass. The truffle mac and cheese was also divine. We can't wait to return to this restaurant.Special Features: