Ocean Prime - Orlando
7339 W. Sandlake Road #420
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimeorlando.com/
- Phone: 4077814880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Mattson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano in our piano bar! The music begins at 6:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, seven days a week, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Orlando
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ocean Prime - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ocean Prime - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (86)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (57)notable wine list (57)vibrant bar scene (40)neighborhood gem (31)hot spot (25)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Everything was fantastic - from the service to the food. Table next to us with kids watched a video with loud sound on their phone for about 2-3 minutes, which was not very pleasant, but it didn't take away from our overall experience, and it is something the restaurant can't control (but the parents should)! We will definitely be coming here again. The house salad is my favorite, the filet is the best, and the chocolate peanut butter pie is to die for!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Loved my first experience at Ocean prime. The seating arrangements were irritating however. My husband and I were placed at a small table with a booth seat aginst the wall and anoth regular chair. I sat in the booth seat, I was uncomfortably close to the neighboring table where the guest felt it necessary to strike up converstaion with me. When I go to dinner with my husband for a relaxing/romantic evening, I prefer not to sit so closely to another table, especially close enough that they feel it necessary to chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining2goodDined on 9/27/2014Magical Dining again came through as a great introduction to this restaurant. The three course dinner selections offered were very good.... A definite return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceWeBeGrubbinDined on 9/27/2014First timers, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We took advantage of the Magical Dining menu, which provided great dining options at an incredible value. We definitely did NOT leave hungry. We both had the steak, which was perfectly done and very tasty. Both starters (salad & french onion soup) and both deserts (carrot cake & chocolate peanut butter pie) were great. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable. Great food & great experience. We'd definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencedrskelleyDined on 9/24/2014We dined at Ocean Prime recently and the experience was awesome. Laura made us aware of a wine special that was being featured and recommended an outstanding wine. From the appetizer to the dessert, everything was wonderful. Service was always efficient and friendly. We are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Ask to sit in a certain section.redfemmDined on 9/23/2014Everything went great until a big party sat down next to us, then we were chopped liver on the priority list for our server. I would recommend asking to be seated in a section that could not seat a large party.Special Features:
- KatKatgirlorlandoDined on 9/23/2014Overall a beautiful restaurant and the food was delicious. Our daughter, who is very picky, cleaned her plate. So did we. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KTGTDined on 9/22/2014This location was great. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and they made our night extra special! Sean was our server and he was extreme perfection!! He made us feel very welcomed and we connected when we both started talking our our kids. He made our anniversary one we will not forget! We are defiantly coming back! Table were a little closer than I would have liked and could hear the conversations next to us. However the experience was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014What am amazing experience this was. We enjoyed the resturant. The food was great and the see oxe was impecable. we will definitely go back thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiting when having reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I made a reservation for 8 o'clock & wasn't sitted until after 830. Several people walked in after me & were sitted before me.Special Features:
- Staff was greateponymousVIPDined on 9/20/2014The hostess greeted us and welcomed us into the establishment, and our waitress, Tina, was fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchedFloridadinerDined on 9/20/2014Every effort was made to see that our dining experience was top notch. The food was delicious with beautiful presentation. Tables were a little too close which made the noise level hard to hear and talk. The music by the restrooms was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentcelerationDined on 9/19/2014This was my second time coming to Ocean Prime in the past two weeks. We had to wait for a few minutes but Laurie was excellent and apologized for the wait. She also came to our table to check on us throughout the evening. My husband and I have a three month old baby so she put us at a table in a back corner where it was less noise and movement. We appreciated that and can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- DylanFanFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014Leave Disney World behind and journey to Ocean Prime for a real life great meal. Start with the speciialty cocktails at the bar which are beautiful and fun. The tuna tartare/avocado appetizer was out of this world and the main courses which my wife and I shared - Chilean sea bass and sea scallops - made the hour wait after our scheduled reservation time worthwhile. The staff is congenial and conscientious, and the music tasteful and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureColumbiaDined on 9/19/2014The live entertainment they hire is great. I enjoy reserving a booth in the lounge area. The service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperiencedavidVIPDined on 9/18/2014Ocean Prime never disappoints us. From the food quality and presentation to the exceptional service, you always feel special eating here. The staff are very accomodating and attentive throughout the dinner service and willing to take special requests for your food preparation. The ambience is very sheek and elegant so it works for either a business meeting or romantic dinner out. Recommend this location highly!Special Features:
- Lovely AmbiancemysterygalDined on 9/18/2014This restaurant has a lovely ambiance and lively bar scene. The prices are overly high for the food, though, in our opinion. We've had better elsewhere. Best part was the house salad and onion soup. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- A real treatpaulaprekDined on 9/18/2014I was here with a large group and thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so that I wanted to bring my husband back. Our visit was equally as good...the food, the ambiance and the service unequaled. Magical Dining made this visit possible, hopefully we'll be able to do it again before the end of the month. My filet was as good as some more expensive venues.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerDaveVIPDined on 9/17/2014Food was great. Service was ok but maybe could have been a little bit snappier. Was packed on a Wednesday night at 8:00. Overall one of my favored higher end places in Orlando.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jason was awesome!!!!!!celerationDined on 9/14/2014Natasha was the birthday girl and came in town to celebrate. I live in the area and made the reservations for her birthday. I had never dined at Ocean Prime before but Natasha was very happy with everything and she spoke about how everyone in Orlando is so nice everywhere she went and was impressed with the service we were given by Jason. He had a great personality but was not over bearing at all. He took pictures of our group and offered the best service I have received thus far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but....5coursecriticDined on 9/14/2014the service was slow and our server not proficient. We had been here before for a fantastic meal and service. We waited 25 minutes for bread. Then we waited 20 more minutes for salads and soups. Our entrees arrived 30 minutes after the appetizers. We figured maybe our waitress was new and didn't know her job, because it was unfathomable to us why it took us 2 hours and 10 minutes to have dinner. On a more positive note, the gentleman who served us our coffee was great.Special Features:
- Our food was amazinglindaochscDined on 9/14/2014The service was only outdone by the food! What a great deal during Magical Dining Month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fooddining2divadezDined on 9/13/2014Didnt start out wonderful made a reservation an 30 mins after the reservation we where finally seated.. lori made it worth the wait she was funny an joking an got us 2 drinks for the wait.. she really made the service worth waiting for an the food.. was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We arrived a little early and had drinks at the bar. We were seated and were served promptly, although never rushed. The service and food were exceptional. I would recommend this restaurant highly for special occasions or for a really memorable night out.Special Features:
- Magical Dining Special1newbie98Dined on 9/13/2014Wore shorts, polo & sandals & felt underdressed. Got French onion soup, 6 oz filet (with mash potatoes) & peanut butter chocolate dessert. Wife got cool looking dry ice cocktail. I got $3.25 lemonade = 1/2 size as chick-fil-a freshly squeezed. Food was excellent. French onion could've been meal by itself. Service was ok, not great. Bill was over $100 cause of 4 drinks (2 alcoholic & 2 lemonades). Good place to go but probably wouldn't go without some kind of discount. Wife's carrot cake dessert was smaller than I expected but looked really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Ocean PrimeJAgostDined on 9/12/2014Excellent experience! Wonderful service and extensive menu. Would definitely return for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Orlando Magical Dinning MonthPabloDined on 9/12/2014Ocean Prime is one of the many restaurants participating in the Orlando Magical Dinning month event. I tried for the first time on a Friday evening and enjoyed the atmosphere and food. I had a good time. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatherineDined on 9/12/2014Macie was greAt. Best of all, the manger who greeted and seated us was the BEST in all the restaurants we've been to for the OMD deal...or the O'Town offering, period. Blond-haired and wearing black, she offered a good bye to our group upon leaving. Can you spell H O S P I T A L I T Y? Very well done!,Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsTime2dineDined on 9/12/2014Staff was attentive and took care to be sure we celebrated our friend's birthdays. Wine list was superb and the quality of food is the best around! Thank you Chef Jeremy and wait staff Steve for a wonderful dinner experience! The music from the bar area was an added bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service was slowEspeDined on 9/10/2014Went to have a dinner with a couple of friends during Magical Dining Month for Orlando. The meal was very good for Magical Dining, not too large of a portion and a really good deal. I do with the service was faster though. Our server was very slow and not very attentive to our table. We noticed many tables left when they had been seated after us. Nice place but wouldn't want to pay full price to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Business DinnerMurphsMomDined on 9/9/2014Had 18 business dinner guests (many who did not know each other) who left as friends after this wonderful night. The service was impeccable (fun, friendly and professional) and the food was amazing. Couldn't choose a better place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerIckyDined on 9/8/2014Decided to do a first date with Magical Dinning, both seem to accompany each other hand in hand. Great experience look forward to going againSpecial Features:
- Simply PerfectionFrankVIPDined on 9/8/2014It's very refreshing to know there's a place where standards are not just valued but seen as an opportunity to go for greater highs. September is Magical Dining Month, where restaurants offer a special menu with a deeply discounted offering. Sometimes service and quality are discounted too, but not at Ocean Prime. I believe their menu for Magical Dining is a step above the rest and in a class of it's own. The offering is simply perfect, on all accounts. Ocean Prime isn't your average upscale restaurant. The staff take pride in delivering the best experiences. It's one of the few I've never sent food back, and there's never been a staff member who hasn't gone above and beyond. Enough about the top notch service, the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperienceBDLDDined on 9/7/2014We dined here for a special occasion and had a wonderful experience. All of us had filet and enjoyed our meals. The service was outstanding and the warmth of the staff enhanced the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantSharonda904Dined on 9/6/2014I dine all over the world and this is my favorite restaurant. I've never had a bad experience here. Food awesome, service awesome, great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining Experience!TryingnewplacesDined on 9/6/2014The atmosphere was very pleasant. The food was very good. The wine was awesome. But what truly made this a 5 star experience was the incredible customer service. Ocean Prime is my new favorite place.Special Features:
- Orlando magical diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We attended for a night out, without the kids. The service was impeccable and the food was great. I tried the salmon and it was outstanding!Special Features:
- Met with SmilesColumbiaDined on 9/5/2014Always met with smiles and have Super Live Music. Each of my visits hold special memories. The staff understands true hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightmikecDined on 9/5/2014Great dinner, Great Service, our 2nd visit with friend and all four left with a great experience. Peter C/ provided outstanding service. TksSpecial Features:
- Opportunities to improveNuke1VIPDined on 9/3/2014This was our second visit and we still had the same experience as the first - the tempo was slow and the actual delivery of food was prolonged. We even attempted to order the entire meal as once to avoid the long gaps but to no avail. The steak was heavily salted/seasoned which was over powering for a fine piece of meat. If your intent is to spend your entire evening at a restaurant, Ocean Prime may be a good choice.Special Features: