Ocean Prime - Orlando
7339 W. Sandlake Road #420
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimeorlando.com/
- Phone: 4077814880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Mattson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano in our piano bar! The music begins at 6:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, seven days a week, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Orlando
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ocean Prime - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ocean Prime - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (76)fit for foodies (60)notable wine list (48)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (22)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Jason was awesome!!!!!!celerationDined on 9/14/2014Natasha was the birthday girl and came in town to celebrate. I live in the area and made the reservations for her birthday. I had never dined at Ocean Prime before but Natasha was very happy with everything and she spoke about how everyone in Orlando is so nice everywhere she went and was impressed with the service we were given by Jason. He had a great personality but was not over bearing at all. He took pictures of our group and offered the best service I have received thus far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but....5coursecriticDined on 9/14/2014the service was slow and our server not proficient. We had been here before for a fantastic meal and service. We waited 25 minutes for bread. Then we waited 20 more minutes for salads and soups. Our entrees arrived 30 minutes after the appetizers. We figured maybe our waitress was new and didn't know her job, because it was unfathomable to us why it took us 2 hours and 10 minutes to have dinner. On a more positive note, the gentleman who served us our coffee was great.Special Features:
- Our food was amazinglindaochscDined on 9/14/2014The service was only outdone by the food! What a great deal during Magical Dining Month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fooddining2divadezDined on 9/13/2014Didnt start out wonderful made a reservation an 30 mins after the reservation we where finally seated.. lori made it worth the wait she was funny an joking an got us 2 drinks for the wait.. she really made the service worth waiting for an the food.. was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We arrived a little early and had drinks at the bar. We were seated and were served promptly, although never rushed. The service and food were exceptional. I would recommend this restaurant highly for special occasions or for a really memorable night out.Special Features:
- Magical Dining SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Wore shorts, polo & sandals & felt underdressed. Got French onion soup, 6 oz filet (with mash potatoes) & peanut butter chocolate dessert. Wife got cool looking dry ice cocktail. I got $3.25 lemonade = 1/2 size as chick-fil-a freshly squeezed. Food was excellent. French onion could've been meal by itself. Service was ok, not great. Bill was over $100 cause of 4 drinks (2 alcoholic & 2 lemonades). Good place to go but probably wouldn't go without some kind of discount. Wife's carrot cake dessert was smaller than I expected but looked really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Ocean PrimeJAgostDined on 9/12/2014Excellent experience! Wonderful service and extensive menu. Would definitely return for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Orlando Magical Dinning MonthPabloDined on 9/12/2014Ocean Prime is one of the many restaurants participating in the Orlando Magical Dinning month event. I tried for the first time on a Friday evening and enjoyed the atmosphere and food. I had a good time. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatherineDined on 9/12/2014Macie was greAt. Best of all, the manger who greeted and seated us was the BEST in all the restaurants we've been to for the OMD deal...or the O'Town offering, period. Blond-haired and wearing black, she offered a good bye to our group upon leaving. Can you spell H O S P I T A L I T Y? Very well done!,Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsTime2dineDined on 9/12/2014Staff was attentive and took care to be sure we celebrated our friend's birthdays. Wine list was superb and the quality of food is the best around! Thank you Chef Jeremy and wait staff Steve for a wonderful dinner experience! The music from the bar area was an added bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service was slowEspeDined on 9/10/2014Went to have a dinner with a couple of friends during Magical Dining Month for Orlando. The meal was very good for Magical Dining, not too large of a portion and a really good deal. I do with the service was faster though. Our server was very slow and not very attentive to our table. We noticed many tables left when they had been seated after us. Nice place but wouldn't want to pay full price to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Business DinnerMurphsMomDined on 9/9/2014Had 18 business dinner guests (many who did not know each other) who left as friends after this wonderful night. The service was impeccable (fun, friendly and professional) and the food was amazing. Couldn't choose a better place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerIckyDined on 9/8/2014Decided to do a first date with Magical Dinning, both seem to accompany each other hand in hand. Great experience look forward to going againSpecial Features:
- Simply PerfectionFrankVIPDined on 9/8/2014It's very refreshing to know there's a place where standards are not just valued but seen as an opportunity to go for greater highs. September is Magical Dining Month, where restaurants offer a special menu with a deeply discounted offering. Sometimes service and quality are discounted too, but not at Ocean Prime. I believe their menu for Magical Dining is a step above the rest and in a class of it's own. The offering is simply perfect, on all accounts. Ocean Prime isn't your average upscale restaurant. The staff take pride in delivering the best experiences. It's one of the few I've never sent food back, and there's never been a staff member who hasn't gone above and beyond. Enough about the top notch service, the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperienceBDLDDined on 9/7/2014We dined here for a special occasion and had a wonderful experience. All of us had filet and enjoyed our meals. The service was outstanding and the warmth of the staff enhanced the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantSharonda904Dined on 9/6/2014I dine all over the world and this is my favorite restaurant. I've never had a bad experience here. Food awesome, service awesome, great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining Experience!TryingnewplacesDined on 9/6/2014The atmosphere was very pleasant. The food was very good. The wine was awesome. But what truly made this a 5 star experience was the incredible customer service. Ocean Prime is my new favorite place.Special Features:
- Orlando magical diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We attended for a night out, without the kids. The service was impeccable and the food was great. I tried the salmon and it was outstanding!Special Features:
- Met with SmilesColumbiaDined on 9/5/2014Always met with smiles and have Super Live Music. Each of my visits hold special memories. The staff understands true hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightmikecDined on 9/5/2014Great dinner, Great Service, our 2nd visit with friend and all four left with a great experience. Peter C/ provided outstanding service. TksSpecial Features:
- Opportunities to improveNuke1VIPDined on 9/3/2014This was our second visit and we still had the same experience as the first - the tempo was slow and the actual delivery of food was prolonged. We even attempted to order the entire meal as once to avoid the long gaps but to no avail. The steak was heavily salted/seasoned which was over powering for a fine piece of meat. If your intent is to spend your entire evening at a restaurant, Ocean Prime may be a good choice.Special Features:
- So sad! Service and food lacking!!FlytVIPDined on 9/2/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant for many years, but wow did we have a surprise this time?! Service was really lacking and our server appeared to be new and quite abrupt and also very arrogant. Did not make us feel welcome and seemed to belittle our selections!! My wife had a quite expensive Sea Bass dish and the portion was extremely small with a very small portion of whipped potatoes on the plate. She left hungry! We don't mind paying the high prices for an excellent meal and great service but Ocean Prime has gone from being our favorite restaurant, to an expensive smug destination, mostly because of our weak server and lack of attention to portion control. Most disappointed!
- A prime place to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Our entire party enjoyed the food the wine and very good service. A great atmosphere, quiet, and pleasant. Reasonably priced, and worth every penny. I would consider it a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- barbVIPDined on 8/31/2014My new favorite for special occasions. Everything was excellent--but the food was even better than that.Special Features:
- Fantastic romantic anniversay dinlollipop0349Dined on 8/30/2014Second time we celebrated our anniversary here. 46 years now! First time was fantastic - this time twice as much. Bdays and anniversaries get comp champagne and $10.00 off. The entire meal was perfect but the peanut/chocolate pie was heavenly decadent.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014Loved this restaurant! The prix fixe was delicious and a great value! Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Quality food and serviceMaryVIPDined on 8/27/2014Outstanding food - nice restaurant - beautiful inside. Great to come for business or pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not2pickyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Unfortunately this visit wasn't quite up to our expectations as on previous visits we're blown away with the food and service. This visit fell short. My wife is lactose intolerant and on previous visits her food selections were dairy free, yet more flavorful than this time e.g the chopped salad was bland, the glazed carrots lacked any glaze..etc. We shared a filet which was excellent, along with the calamari appetizer. The server disappeared after the entrees were dropped so didn't ascertain our satisfaction, clear table, offer coffee, etc.Special Features:
- TishTishDined on 8/23/2014Had not been to the restaurant for awhile. It was as expected. A good choice to bring our out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Dr Phillips SeafoodSpaceCoastFoodieDined on 8/22/2014Food and service exceeded all expectations set by on-line reviews. The Blackened Snapper was "Perfect", best ever. The service was "First Class", very swanky. We will be back, next time in Orlando, with out of town family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatSonbuddyluvs2eatDined on 8/22/2014What a memorable and special evening to celebrate my 50th birthday! Service was superb and the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great Timejonesgolf04Dined on 8/15/2014This was our first time going and we will be back, everything about Ocean Prime from the food to the staff was more then great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Prime Spot for Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014We came to Ocean Prime to celebrate my husbands birthday. When we walked through the doors, we saw an amazing wine case that went from floor to ceiling- absolutely beautiful! From the minute I sat down, our waiter, Zack knew all about my food allergies (since I had booked on here) and he and the chef were more than accommodating with helping me pick something I could eat. All 7 people at the table truly enjoyed their dinner. I got the scallops which were moist and buttery (even though there was no butter in them!) My husband got the NY Strip. He said it was exquisitely cooked (med rare)and prepared perfectly. We also got the asparagus which was perfect - not mushy or overcooked. Our waiter Zack, was awesome! Overall, an amazing dinner!Special Features:
- Ocean primeSJdateDined on 8/11/2014It was amazing night, server mark was very knowledgeable. The ambience was great for a romantic night out! Definitely recommending friends to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hostess!MermaidDined on 8/9/2014We were greeted with a great smile! The hostess went out of her way to accommodate our seating preference! Our server was very attentive., without hovering. The Chilean sea bass was cooked to perfection. It was a nice size portion. But, just a wee bit salty . The scallops were flavorful , but a little under cooked. However, quite enjoyable and seared nicely on the outside. The wedge salad portion was very large, easily shared by two and quite tasty. The wines were overpriced. A twenty dollar bottle of wine was priced at twenty dollars a glass. The bread was served piping hot, crusty on the outside and melted in your mouth on the inside. A vocalist was strumming guitar, very relaxing. Overall, a pleasant and tasty dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJAK1Dined on 8/9/2014Great food and fantastic service. The staff made wonderful accommodations for a gluten free request. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service and FoodChristineDined on 8/9/2014It's a shame I don't remember our server's name, because he was top notch and made the entire experience just THAT much better. My entire group of 4 selected seafood entrees, some salads, soup and appetizers (try the calamari!). ALL of the food was phenomenal, and our server knew the ins and outs of the menu offerings and had great recommendations and thoughts to add. Ambiance is perfect for a special occasion meal, and the bar area seemed like a great place to grab some cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!yummy2eatDined on 7/31/2014Friendly attentive service, great food and music! We ate there on a Thursday evening around 8:30pm. The restaurant was not overly crowded but was a welcome respite after crowds at Universal. Very enjoyable evening. Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!LowcountryM3Dined on 7/29/2014Fantastic!! My wife and I had a wonderful meal and the food and service could not have been better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We dined for my Husbands Birthday and the food was delicious. They also surprised my Husband with a complimentary dessert which was out of this world.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.