Ocean Prime - Orlando
7339 W. Sandlake Road #420
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimeorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 781-4880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Mattson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano in our piano bar! The music begins at 6:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, seven days a week, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Orlando
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ocean Prime - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ocean Prime - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)romantic (95)fit for foodies (80)notable wine list (75)good for groups (75)vibrant bar scene (43)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (32)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Timejonesgolf04Dined on 8/15/2014This was our first time going and we will be back, everything about Ocean Prime from the food to the staff was more then great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Prime Spot for Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014We came to Ocean Prime to celebrate my husbands birthday. When we walked through the doors, we saw an amazing wine case that went from floor to ceiling- absolutely beautiful! From the minute I sat down, our waiter, Zack knew all about my food allergies (since I had booked on here) and he and the chef were more than accommodating with helping me pick something I could eat. All 7 people at the table truly enjoyed their dinner. I got the scallops which were moist and buttery (even though there was no butter in them!) My husband got the NY Strip. He said it was exquisitely cooked (med rare)and prepared perfectly. We also got the asparagus which was perfect - not mushy or overcooked. Our waiter Zack, was awesome! Overall, an amazing dinner!Special Features:
- Ocean primeSJdateDined on 8/11/2014It was amazing night, server mark was very knowledgeable. The ambience was great for a romantic night out! Definitely recommending friends to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hostess!MermaidDined on 8/9/2014We were greeted with a great smile! The hostess went out of her way to accommodate our seating preference! Our server was very attentive., without hovering. The Chilean sea bass was cooked to perfection. It was a nice size portion. But, just a wee bit salty . The scallops were flavorful , but a little under cooked. However, quite enjoyable and seared nicely on the outside. The wedge salad portion was very large, easily shared by two and quite tasty. The wines were overpriced. A twenty dollar bottle of wine was priced at twenty dollars a glass. The bread was served piping hot, crusty on the outside and melted in your mouth on the inside. A vocalist was strumming guitar, very relaxing. Overall, a pleasant and tasty dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJAK1Dined on 8/9/2014Great food and fantastic service. The staff made wonderful accommodations for a gluten free request. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service and FoodChristineDined on 8/9/2014It's a shame I don't remember our server's name, because he was top notch and made the entire experience just THAT much better. My entire group of 4 selected seafood entrees, some salads, soup and appetizers (try the calamari!). ALL of the food was phenomenal, and our server knew the ins and outs of the menu offerings and had great recommendations and thoughts to add. Ambiance is perfect for a special occasion meal, and the bar area seemed like a great place to grab some cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!yummy2eatDined on 7/31/2014Friendly attentive service, great food and music! We ate there on a Thursday evening around 8:30pm. The restaurant was not overly crowded but was a welcome respite after crowds at Universal. Very enjoyable evening. Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- The following 1114 reviews are from the Ocean Prime - Orlando reviews archive.
- Outstanding!!LowcountryM3Dined on 7/29/2014Fantastic!! My wife and I had a wonderful meal and the food and service could not have been better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We dined for my Husbands Birthday and the food was delicious. They also surprised my Husband with a complimentary dessert which was out of this world.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New "Supper Club"Looking4ClassyActDined on 7/17/2014Took a friend for a special birthday dinner. We had been discussing old fashioned supper clubs and how nice it was to go to a place with that kind of class. Host/Hostess Station started off well. Wait staff in white dinner jackets, right on target. Dress code.....NONE. The guy at the next table was wearing shorts, a tee shirt and a baseball cap. You'd do well to have a dress code that at least asked for men to wear jackets. I know you're in a touristy area, but to pay your prices, I'd like more ambiance and I bet your average tourist wouldn't mind either. Orlando deserves a good supper club and you have all the material to make it just that. Also, you could use a piano player (playing softly) during dinner hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timers from WisconsinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014It was a great first time experience. From entering the restaurant to the waitress explaining everything to the food it was outstanding. Thanks to all of you for making this a wonderful time for my wife and myself. WE WILL BE BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fantasticpickydinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014We have been going to Ocean Prime since it opened and I believe we had the best meal ever. Service was very good, although a little slow getting started. But the menu needed some updates and we really enjoyed the new salmon preparation. We also had them prepare the calamari sauted instead of fried and it was delicious. Very happy with everything on this trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBradDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I went to Ocean Prime for her birthday. Our waiter, Robert, was friendly and attentive. He saw to all of our needs. The Chilean Sea Bass is awesome. I always get it when I come eat here. It's not a place for the budget conscious diner so if you're concerned with the bill this isn't the place for you. We will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOrlando1VIPDined on 6/28/2014We went back to Ocean Prime and it was the great experience to which we were accustomed. Food and service was great. The tuna tartare appetizer was delicious as always. Salmon special was great as was the halibut. The service was attentive without feeling rushed! Great night out!Special Features:
- AmazingTide2k1Dined on 6/21/2014The steaks here are great, cooked right and flavorful. The service is what takes this place to another level. From the moment we arrived until we left, the staff was so friendly and helpful. It was like being treated like royalty. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing birthday dinnerssand18Dined on 6/16/2014Everyone and everything was amazing here. Each person that came by the special and romantic table we were seated at wished my boyfriend happy birthday which is so thoughtful. The cocktails were unique and impressive, & I've never seen a bigger wines by the glass list. The food was delicious but really the service and ambiance of the restaurant made the experience a top 5 ever. I wish we lived closer so we could make this a regular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceMATGDined on 6/15/2014My husband brought me here for Mother's day and it was oustanding. Our waiter Diego was very attentive and professional. I would reccommed this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotEricA35VIPDined on 6/14/2014a gem on Restaurant Row. Unique menu items. Beautiful interior décor but inviting. Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place to spoil yourselfourmaninnassauDined on 6/7/2014We arrived early and where seated immediately with options of the restaurant or the bar area. Service is personal, our Maîtres was Lori and she settled us in, our waiting staff where Zach and Michelle, they were both attentive and knowledgeable even though it was only Zach's 4th night. The menu was varied with excellent choices right through from appetizers to deserts, a special shout for the baked Alaska it is large but well worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeslieVIPDined on 6/6/2014The food and service were excellent. My daughter had the scallops with the risotto and I had the halibut with the lobster gnocchi. Both were very tasty. We also had the house salad, which was big enough to share, and had just enough dressing on it. I would definitely recommend Ocean Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDavidUKVIPDined on 6/4/2014We went with friends who have never been before. I asked the question early on. Do you think this is better than Seasons 52?, yes was the response. By the end of the meal, no was the response. They went from positive to negative within 45 minutes and that was down to poor service. It's a pity really, because, we have been ourselves before a few times and found it good, it has a way to go to beat Seasons 52 though, and that's our go to restaurant whenever we are back in town.Special Features:
- Fantastic!LesiDined on 5/24/2014A good friend of mine took us here to celebrate new steps in our careers and I have to say this was the most enjoyable restaurant I have ever been to! I have been to places I thought were elegant but this blew them out of the water. We were extremely well taken care of by our servers and talking with them was very easy. There are no words that can describe the food and drink. I'm definitely not a picky eater, but I know good food when I see it. We had some very smooth wines and spirits, a crisp wedge salad split between us, the best tuna tartare in existence, and halibut and steak for our entrees. For dessert we had the chocolate peanut butter pie. I had to force myself to eat it slowly since I was so full! 5/5 stars well deserved!Special Features:
- Great Fishtommie33Dined on 5/24/2014The fish was great everyone enjoyed theirs. The meats were a tad off that night, 4 stars. The shrimp cocktails and desert was wonderful. The service was exceptional, 5 star +.Special Features:
- Ocean Prime - Night out in OrlandoMargDined on 5/21/2014My husband and I choose Ocean Prime due to the reviews it got. Outstanding food, we had truffle mac & cheese, deviled eggs with caviar, crab legs, shrimp, and cocktails. Everything was outstanding. I thought it was strange it is in a strip mall, but after I went inside and ate I don't care it is in a strip mall at all. So wonderful. There was a singer playing his guitar and he played a few songs we requested which made the night extra special. I would recommend this restaurant highly!Special Features:
- Bad Servicejay1sttimeDined on 5/21/2014This was our first visit to Ocean Prime and it started out great. The first server we had was great and then he had to leave and passed us to another server and the problems began. She never gave us her name and she basically ignored us. I had to ask for the food the first waiter took and submitted. The waitress Was rude and disrespectful. I didn't leave a tip! Instead I gave it to the musician got a huge tip! As for the food, it was by far the best sea bass I ever had. My wife had the scallops and shrimp and crab cakes. Delicious! If the waitress wasn't so bad, I would give them 5 stars. Thanks Ms. Whoever u are for ruining a perfectly fine evening. It was my wife's birthday and I wanted to take her some place nice. She didn't enjoy it.Special Features:
- Overpriced when trying to look coolTattoosnotwelcomeDined on 5/18/2014Lobster bisque sucked! And they were out of their famouse Ahi Tuna appetizer!!! We went for the tuna and left with mediocre service, no tuna app, and a lobster bisque with no lobster... $190 later we had one potatoe, a 6oz steak, corn "lobster" bisque, soggy asparagus, and 5 oz of king crab legs. The clientele was pretentious, the server was unwelcoming (we had exposed tattoos) and despite the money spent (we ordered all at once so she knew it was a large bill) we still left a 30% tip! We never complained but it wasn't worth the money... Sorry a tattooed couple rode in with a Bentley... We have just as much money to spend and shouldn't be treated differently.Special Features:
- Excellent spot for Date NightdatenightspecialDined on 5/16/2014From the confirmation call the day our reservation, a warm and friendly reception from the valet and hostesses, our experience was excellent from the start. The hostess encouraged us to enjoy a cocktail in the lounge ahead of being seated, which gave us an opportunity to enjoy the live music. Dirty martinis from the bar were exceptional, and this continued once we were seated. Upon being seated in the dining room, we were greeted by out waiter, Ben Miller. He offered us a warm and authentic greeting and provided an outstanding level of service and attentiveness, without being overbearing. Timing of service was excellent, offering us the perfect amount of time for conversation between courses. Food was superb. O/P will be date night regular.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/15/2014This place never disappoints. We spilled our wine and the manager came over and refilled our glasses to replace what was lost despite the expensive cost. Food is always sensational.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/15/2014This was a wonderful experience! I took my husband here for his 27th birthday and it was prefect! Romantic and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive from Delrayluv2eatfinefoodDined on 5/11/2014Everything you want for a fine dining experience. There were families, business persons and couples. The meal can be as expensive or reasonable as you want to make it - so many choices. We were there to have a romantic Mother's Day dinner and Ocean Prime did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expected more ...GolfVinGuyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Had never been to this location of Ocean Prime before so expectations were set based upon other locations of Ocean Prime and comments from others. The food was good. Serving size was minimal for the price but quality met expectations. Expected a wider selection of seafood given name and other comments. Was a little disappointed that side were already paired with dishes and when asked if switches could be made it was not encouraged. Result was choosing 3rd choice entree to get sides that were acceptable. Other might like the sides of the other choices but this diner did not favor them. For the price, you can do better, but it was nice and the other diners in the party enjoyed there meals. Know better what to expect on return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressivenickie407Dined on 5/10/2014First time dining here. Nothing but great things to say about Ocean Prime. Service, food and atmosphere was excellent. They made our anniversary dinner a very special one. We were greeted with a champagne toast. Very nice touch!! Tried the Sea Bass and Scallop Signature Dishes. Excellent. They also did something special for our awesomely delicious dessert. Will definitely return and would recommend dining here to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!royalprince06Dined on 5/10/2014I went for my anniversary dinner and it lived up to the hype! We had a private booth and live entertainment. The food was amazing, the drinks were on point and the Crème Brulee was the best I've ever tasted! The service was great. I highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion! Great Experience!Special Features:
- Missed the Chilean Sea Bass...ChrisVIPDined on 5/7/2014Came back for the Chilean Sea Bass with the truffle glaze with a crab cake app and they were as wonderful as I remember except for one thing: price! The cost has risen on the Chilean without any notable changes by over $10/plate (in two jumps). A fish plate exceeding $40 is rare in Orlando and while Ocean Prime is still one of my favorite dining establishments, they better get their food costs under control or else they might price themselves out of the medium end of the fine dining target demographic. Otherwise another wonderful meal, I'm a tough reviewer.Special Features:
- Fantastic placeJohnPMDined on 5/4/2014This is a great place to go for a special evening. We had a big appetizer with oysters, king crab legs, and shrimp. It was a Sunday so they had a "Sunday family dinner" special that was a really good deal, we had the house salad (could be a meal by itself), my wife had the stuffed Maine lobster and I had the filet. Both were great but the lobster was something special so I would recommend that. Dessert was included but we had to take it home, we were stuffed to the gills. Fantastic service also, hostess and servers were very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Super!SteveVIPDined on 5/4/2014Started with the tuna tartar - excellent, and just the right amount of ginger. Wonderful selection of fish, and our party of 3 enjoyed all the selections we made. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMC143VIPDined on 5/3/2014Our experience at Ocean Prime was, in a word, amazing. They made our anniversary so incredibly special, intimate, and romantic. From the orchid petals to the cocktails to the music, the entire experience was one that we will never forget. And the food was divine -- their Chilean Sea Bass is truly the best we've ever had.Special Features:
- The "Wow" factor is thereFishgolfmanDined on 5/2/2014When you arrive you know this is going to be a special evening dining with friends. The parking attendant greeted us with professionalism and the resturant staff was ready with our table upon entering. The table was exactly as I had requested. The wait staff was knowledgable of the menu and very helpful in our choices. The food was very well prepared and the presentation outstanding. Over all this was a wonderful dining expirence that I highly recommend to anyone seeking a very nice and enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencelady424Dined on 4/29/2014Was a great dining experience for a special occasion or even a nice dinner out. Would highly recommend it. Service was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPgL2013VIPDined on 4/28/2014Loved this restaurant in Tampa and its just as good in Orlando. Bar area is gorgeous!Special Features: