Ocean Prime - Orlando
7339 W. Sandlake Road #420
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimeorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 781-4880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Mattson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano in our piano bar! The music begins at 6:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, seven days a week, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Orlando
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ocean Prime - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ocean Prime - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)romantic (95)fit for foodies (80)notable wine list (74)good for groups (74)vibrant bar scene (43)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (32)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great place, good food, gluten free menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014I wanted a special place for my wife's birthday. She loves seafood and has a gluten allergy. The server was very accomodating, they had a gluten free menu and the food was delicious. I will definetely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Open Table FindHardtopleaseVIPDined on 11/17/2014I picked this restaurant, for a business dinner, from the Open Table app. Could not have been more pleased. The wait staff were attentive and knowledgeable, the menu varied with a mixture of old favorites and new twists, and the food excellent. I will return as soon as possible,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always. I love the lounge area.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Great food. Great appetizers. Happy hour is phenomenal. The drinks are interesting-I love the one with the dry ice. Too cool. Filet is so great. Desserts are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!LaJewVIPDined on 11/6/2014Excellent service! The hostess was extremely hospitable and accommodating. The service was attentive, friendly, and professional. Steaks and sides were hot and well-seasoned. Very nice bar and live music added to the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Business meeting perfectionTarHeel74Dined on 11/6/2014Everything about Ocean Prime was above the norm. From selecting a table in a quiet area to the presentation of desserts, the overall experience was inviting and very well done. While not inexpensive, the value received was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR BEST RESTURANTBillDined on 11/5/2014Best Steaks EVER !!! GREAT SERVICE. (This sentence is to reach the 50 character in length minimum).Special Features:
- Good but priceynonicknameVIPDined on 11/1/2014Everything is top notch but there are other top notch [steak] places that get you more for your dollar. I'd only recommend OP [and only for the steaks, the salmon was plain] when they're having a promotion of sorts; like Magical dining. But, the lobster mashed taters are wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Ocean Prime is a good choice if you are going for ambiance over gastronomic delights. While the food is good, and portions substantial ... the menu and preparations seem to be a bit "old fashioned". It must be added though, that I am a pretty adventurous diner, and enjoy a lot of spice and excitement in my meals. Everything was classically and well prepared, just not especially memorable (to me). Still, a great "special night out" restaurant.Special Features:
- Great MealDaveVIPDined on 10/27/2014I really like this place. Went for our anniversary and they had rose petals on the table and brought us a couple glasses of champagne to start. Good steak, lobster, etc. and friendly service. The bubbling martini is very cool.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The food was excellent. Everything was great. We didn't care for the deviled eggs but we ate them, when the waitress asked we told her it wasn't the best and she took it off the receipt and we didn't even ask her to do so. Their service is excellent.Special Features:
- Ocean Prime reviewNeveeDined on 10/23/2014We throughly enjoyed our dining experience at Ocean Prime! Excellent service, the food was amazing and the dessert heavenly!! I don't know when we will be able to dine at OP again as we were on vacation in Orlando and live seven hours away. 😩 But hopefully we can find a way to dine there again!! 😃👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesome!NanekiDined on 10/22/2014The service was great. Steven, our server was on top of his game. We had a great experience and will make this one of our favs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent but...Bizdinner312Dined on 10/21/2014We were seated at a high top in the bar area without a choice perhaps because of reserving online. The waiter was somewhat casual and not in the short and tie outfit that served the rest of the restaurant. We had a great time and productive business meeting but I expected more from the service.
- Top Notch ServiceFrankVIPDined on 10/20/2014If top notch service with a perfect touch of "we're glad you're here" is something you seek, Ocean Prime is where you should be. Great food, great service, and lots of attention to detail for the little things. Yes, they really take (and keep) notes.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceluvgoodstuffDined on 10/19/2014Ocean Prime is one of the very BEST restaurants in Orlando! From the Berries and Bubbles cocktail that has a great presentation with the dry ice creating a fog to the sumptuous appetizers and salads to the melt-in-your-mouth steaks and wonderful seafood and, finally, to the yummy desserts (especially the peanut butter one), a foodie would think he/she landed in Heaven!!! The wine list is quite extensive and the variety of specialty cocktails is impressive. The staff is exceptionally cordial and helpful, especially Lori, who greets you as you enter with a warm smile and welcoming attitude and then wishes you a fond farewell as you leave. The restaurant is a MUST if you are in Orlando!!!Special Features:
- First time but not the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/19/2014One of the best meals I've had in Orlando. Service is very attentive and helpful. Delicious carrot cake without nuts was a welcome surprise. Follow up call the enxt day to make sure we enjoyed was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Sunday, 20th October 2014BillyHDined on 10/19/2014Seated in very private booth and waiter, George Travis, could not have been more helpful, efficient and friendly. The "Sunday Dinner' food was of an exceptional standard and well worth the price. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDeb85Dined on 10/19/2014The best place I've ever dined. Absolutely loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014It was a special occasion for the wife and I. It was our 20th anniversary and the staff did a wonderful job of making that date a special one. They took great care of us. Sat us in a very romantic area of the restaurant where we could clearly hear the live entertainer, who was really good by the way. The service was great and everyone in the place wished us a happy anniversary. Very well done.Special Features:
- The Best on the planet!!SatellitebeachDined on 10/17/2014From hostess to waiter they offer the best service.. The food is great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing 20th Wedding Anniversary!BarcoopDined on 10/15/2014From the moment we arrived and checked in we felt the red carpet effect and from our bartender Michael helping us celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary! The drinks, champagne, food and extra touches like the red rose petals on our tables made it so special for us! Our first time at Ocean Prime Orlando, we will be back again real soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceTryitDined on 10/15/2014Great restaurant. Great ambience, great service, great food! Our server was a real character and added positively to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a First ChoiceFrankVIPDined on 10/11/2014I've reviewed Ocean Prime many times. 5 Star Reviews are spot on. Ignore anything less, and expect the best. Ocean Prime won't deliver any less. The food, service, and the team overall are outstanding. They definitely know how to handle discerning guests who demand the best. I'm partial to the house ranch dressing (even on the House Salad). Desert: 1st Choice: Choc Peanut Butter Cup, 2nd: Baked Alaska (enough for 4 to share). It says a lot when an employee passing you in the parking lot, a ways from the door, wishes you a great evening. She didn't have to say anything, but it definitely made my night. I suppose I'll give props to Laurie at the Front, Joey our waiter, and Michael the General Manager. Hat's off for exceptional service.Special Features:
- Second to NoneFrankVIPDined on 9/30/2014There's plenty of places to get a steak and seafood. Only a few places actually have fresh (not frozen) seafood though. Experience is everything. Ocean Prime gets that by providing a easy upscale yet relaxing pace - with fresh food. If the food weren't so great, I'd say it's worth the price just for the atmosphere and service experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!j1n4lpDined on 9/28/2014Everything was fantastic - from the service to the food. Table next to us with kids watched a video with loud sound on their phone for about 2-3 minutes, which was not very pleasant, but it didn't take away from our overall experience, and it is something the restaurant can't control (but the parents should)! We will definitely be coming here again. The house salad is my favorite, the filet is the best, and the chocolate peanut butter pie is to die for!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding seafood restaurantPghDinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was exceptional and was beautifully presented. The wait staff was friendly and very attentive. We certainly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Loved my first experience at Ocean prime. The seating arrangements were irritating however. My husband and I were placed at a small table with a booth seat aginst the wall and anoth regular chair. I sat in the booth seat, I was uncomfortably close to the neighboring table where the guest felt it necessary to strike up converstaion with me. When I go to dinner with my husband for a relaxing/romantic evening, I prefer not to sit so closely to another table, especially close enough that they feel it necessary to chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining2goodVIPDined on 9/27/2014Magical Dining again came through as a great introduction to this restaurant. The three course dinner selections offered were very good.... A definite return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceWeBeGrubbinDined on 9/27/2014First timers, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We took advantage of the Magical Dining menu, which provided great dining options at an incredible value. We definitely did NOT leave hungry. We both had the steak, which was perfectly done and very tasty. Both starters (salad & french onion soup) and both deserts (carrot cake & chocolate peanut butter pie) were great. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable. Great food & great experience. We'd definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MCH85VIPDined on 9/26/2014We went to Ocean Prime on our last night in Orlando. We had just celebrated our anniversary so I put that in the special request and that it would be nice to have a quiet table. Boy did they come through. While I understand if they are super busy they would not have been able to do it, they seated us in the side dining room away from traffic, yet were very attentive. The food was fantastic with great presentation. For example, I ordered a shrimp cocktail and it came with just enough dry ice and water in the bowl under the shrimp to not only keep them icy cold, but also provide white mist cascading out of the bowl. The whole experience was great. We may have another celebration in Orlando with friends and we will definitely try to have our dinner at Ocean Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencedrskelleyDined on 9/24/2014We dined at Ocean Prime recently and the experience was awesome. Laura made us aware of a wine special that was being featured and recommended an outstanding wine. From the appetizer to the dessert, everything was wonderful. Service was always efficient and friendly. We are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Ask to sit in a certain section.redfemmDined on 9/23/2014Everything went great until a big party sat down next to us, then we were chopped liver on the priority list for our server. I would recommend asking to be seated in a section that could not seat a large party.Special Features:
- KatKatgirlorlandoDined on 9/23/2014Overall a beautiful restaurant and the food was delicious. Our daughter, who is very picky, cleaned her plate. So did we. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFrankVIPDined on 9/23/2014I've dined with Ocean Prime many times. On this occasion, I had brought my family, who are over 70 and rarely dines at Ocean Prime's caliber. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The Colossal Shrimp Saute has become my favorite appetizer. For a hungry group, order it and a Shrimp Cocktail (each app has 4 shrimp). It's the best of both worlds, especially when followed up with a Filet. One of my guests ordered Salmon and found it exceptional. If you like your beverage or food prepared a special way, don't hesitate to ask, they're about making dinner a stellar experience.Special Features:
- Excellent!KTGTDined on 9/22/2014This location was great. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and they made our night extra special! Sean was our server and he was extreme perfection!! He made us feel very welcomed and we connected when we both started talking our our kids. He made our anniversary one we will not forget! We are defiantly coming back! Table were a little closer than I would have liked and could hear the conversations next to us. However the experience was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014What am amazing experience this was. We enjoyed the resturant. The food was great and the see oxe was impecable. we will definitely go back thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiting when having reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I made a reservation for 8 o'clock & wasn't sitted until after 830. Several people walked in after me & were sitted before me.Special Features:
- Staff was greateponymousVIPDined on 9/20/2014The hostess greeted us and welcomed us into the establishment, and our waitress, Tina, was fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchedFloridadinerDined on 9/20/2014Every effort was made to see that our dining experience was top notch. The food was delicious with beautiful presentation. Tables were a little too close which made the noise level hard to hear and talk. The music by the restrooms was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentcelerationDined on 9/19/2014This was my second time coming to Ocean Prime in the past two weeks. We had to wait for a few minutes but Laurie was excellent and apologized for the wait. She also came to our table to check on us throughout the evening. My husband and I have a three month old baby so she put us at a table in a back corner where it was less noise and movement. We appreciated that and can't wait to come back!Special Features: