Ocean Prime - Indianapolis
8555 N. River Road
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oceanprimeindy.com/
- Phone: 3175690975x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Shawn O'Brien
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ocean Prime features a stunning private dining room, The Prime Room, accommodating up to 40 Guests. Our terrace is also available for private events, and the full restaurant is available for luncheon events. Please call 317.569.0975 for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Schultz 3175690975x
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano music in our Blu Lounge beginning at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
A word from Ocean Prime - Indianapolis
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ocean Prime - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Ocean Prime - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (197)romantic (139)notable wine list (109)fit for foodies (102)great for outdoor dining (61)good for groups (53)vibrant bar scene (45)hot spot (36)neighborhood gem (33)late-night find (18)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)Show More
- good as it getsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We live to come to Ocean Prime for any occasion. The staff is great and Rob is one of the best in the business. He paid attention to every detail that was needed. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014awesome food and quick efficient service. we love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Atmosphere for dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We were impressed with friendliness of the staff and waiters/waitress. It seemed that a different waiter delivered different food items to consume and we liked that we could get into a conversation with each. They did not seem rushed and gave the time to converse with us. Three of our party had steak and said it was great. I had the Salmon and it was one of the best I have ever had. And the carrot cake was plentiful and delicious. I have to say something about the bread. The waiter brought us two baskets of it and each time it was warm. We are on a mission to go through the alphabet and visit every eating establishment that begins with the letters A-Z. Ocean-Prime was our "O" and what a great pick. We shall return again.Special Features:
- DeliciousjanfamVIPDined on 9/26/2014Although we waited 45 minutes for our reserved table, the food was excellent. We enjoyed the beef fillet and salmon. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left with no desire to return...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014So, why wouldn't we want to return when we had great food, good wine and a wonderful server? Our dinner was disrupted 3 times as bussers bumped into our seated guest as they were maneuvering between tables. We spoke to the manager and his response was that the tables were close together. We said that is true, but one would assume that the bussers could at least apologize when they bump a seated guest or more space be provided between tables. This manager left the impression that he could care less. The irony was that we had dinner the evening before at a university banquet hall with 650 guests and we were never in harm of being knocked out of our chair.
- Enjoyable eveningkarshirey20Dined on 9/26/2014We visited Ocean Prime as part of the Northside Nights promotion. Our family enjoys time together at a higher end, fine dining establishment. 2 of 3 in our party ordered from the selected menu, the 3rd off the normal offerings. All 3 meals were divine and we will definitely be back. The service was top notch and rates very high on our list. The prices were very much what you expect at an upscale place, perhaps a little lower actually as it is away from downtown. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Ocean Prime is an excellent restaurant..the staff is great --the food was excellant--they made our visit outstanding--will definitely to backSpecial Features:
- We'll be back!dgirlDined on 9/25/2014We came to Ocean Prime on the Northside Nights program and had a terrific time! The restaurant (and bathrooms) is gorgeous, the service, outstanding, and the food was delicious. We even asked for specific temperatures of our proteins and they all came out exactly as ordered. We will definitely be back for the standard menu. It's worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The food was excellent, but the tables were too close to one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014We went on Northside Nights - menu had a good choice and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super!MarthanneDined on 9/23/2014Great food, service and ambience. A wonderful Northside Nights experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightJerryVelDined on 9/22/2014Ocean Prime was a wonderful way to celebrate an anniversary. The service was excellent. Our waiter was attentive without being too pushy - rare find. The manager also stopped by - which is a nice touch. The food was hot and delicious. I would highly recommend Ocean Prime.Special Features:
- Prime is right!PurduefanDined on 9/22/2014This was truly one of the best dining experiences we've ever had in Indy area. The food selections were varied, the special drink menu appealing, the service and ambiance outstanding. Our food arrived as ordered and was delicious. Although a bit pricey by Indy standards, this is an outstanding special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Indianapolis' Best SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014This was our first time at Ocean Prime and we can not wait to go back. Our dinner was perfect. While the food was exceptional, the best in Indianapolis, much of the experience was because of our server Mona Lisa. She made everyone feel comfortable, anticipated every need & guided us through the incredible menu. The steaks are incredible as they melt in your mouth. The seafood done to perfection. This has to be the best restaurant of all time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been bettersweettoothDined on 9/20/2014We arrived on time, but they were running behind, so we had to wait an additional 20 minutes. The staff was very apologetic, but they also seated a couple that had arrived after we did prior to seating us because the other couple made a fuss about the wait. I was very disappointed with the way it was handled. My husband and I both ordered the filet mignon and both of us felt that the meat was chewy. Definitely not the quality we were expecting. I absolutely loved the carrot cake, though. It was moist and and very sweet, a little too sweet for my husband, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. All in all, not the best experience, but not so bad that I wouldn't attempt to dine there again some other time.
- Very Good Food at Reasonable PricesMikePDined on 9/20/2014This was our first time to visit this establishment. The food selection was very good, and the food itself was prepared exactly as we desired. The waiter we had was terrific. Our only disappointment - the wine was terribly overpriced.Special Features:
- Not as usualElijDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I had been here before and loved the food. We invited our special friends to dinner and thought it would be the perfect place. Unfortunately as soon as we arrived my husband was called out. I stayed and had a wonderful dinner with our friends. My husband returned a few hours later and decided to order the salmon. Much to his surprise the salmon was very undercooked, inedible. He didn't want to say anything at the time as he didn't want to make a fuss in front of our friends. Needless to say, he was disappointed. Hopefully, it was a one time thing.Special Features:
- SunDevilDined on 9/20/2014This was our first visit to Ocean Prime based on a recommendation from a friend. We were not disappointed. We were warmly greeted when we arrived and our table was ready within five minutes of the scheduled reservation. We waited in the bar and enjoyed a very nice, well made cocktail. The dinner menu was somewhat limited but offered many options on the entrees. The food was well prepared, quantities were more than sufficient, and the wine list offered many good options. We settled on a Pinot Noir to pare with seafood entrees. The wait staff was attentive and had a great understanding of the menu and the wine list. We would recommend Ocean Prime and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northside NightsMarkJDined on 9/20/2014We dined at Ocean Prime during the Northside nights dining event. Our waiter gave us excellent service. We had drinks in the bar prior to dinner and the service was great as well. Our food was prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- DisappointingLatinStallionDined on 9/20/2014Birthday reservation for 7:30 pm, We arrived at 7:45. I called to say we'd be late. We waited until 8:45, only being given cold popcorn and water. they offered seating in the noisy bar, but we reserved a table. Two servers, one offered bread, while the other, Nick, took our order for drinks appetizers, soup, and entrees. The lobster bisque was very bland. The fried calamari was perfect: one of the best we have ever had, highlight of our night. Fish was very disappointing, salmon was good but rest of the plate was too salty. The sea bass was tasteless. black truffle Mac and cheese was all salt. The dressert was free, ten layer catrot cake, it was way too sweet. they only know salty, sweet or bland. Our server nick was very good though.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time visiting and did so based off North Side Nights. I would say the salmon I had was the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal / Surprisingly LoudDODineDined on 9/19/2014The meal was very, very good. The seafood was very fresh and excellently prepared. The pacing was relaxed but attentive. The atmosphere was not quite what I was expecting. I thought it would be a little more intimate and quiet. We were seated in the main dining room right next to the door to the bar. The door was opened and closed dozens of times throughout our meal and members of the service staff had several conversations at the door standing right at our table. There was a baby crying at the table next to us which the waiter apologized for even though it was obviously not the restaurant's fault. A busboy ran through the dining room at one point and the music was louder classic rock. It seemed chaotic, not relaxed. Overall - meh.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceSmartPakerLissaDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed our food and our wait staff!! Would definitely recommend to others and we will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerIndyDiner2Dined on 9/19/2014We tried Ocean Prime as part of the Northside Nights experience. This gives us a chance to try fine dining establishments and this one was wonderful. We were greeted promptly and wished "happy anniversary" as I had noted that when making the reservation. We were asked if we wanted to sit outside as it was a lovely evening so we did. Our server (Michelle) was outstanding. She also wished us a happy anniversary. The drinks and dinner were delicious. The northside nights menu gives you just the right portions. Loved the onion soup and the filet was done perfectly. We had coffee as we enjoyed the five layer carrot cake (which also was the right size). Enjoyed our evening very much and would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyDined on 9/18/2014This is our third time going to Ocean Prime for our anniversary and once it again it did not disappoint! We both experienced a different entrée this time around - the Teriyaki Salmon with the sticky rice. It was EXCELLENT! We will definitely be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met every expectationChristieDined on 9/18/2014We had heard great things about this place. Took advantage of Northside Nights to try it out. Service, food, ambience all were wonderful. I had crabcakes and would get them again. Excellent experience!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSharonDined on 9/17/2014We had a very delightful evening celebrating our anniversary. The staff was excellent in recognizing it was a special occasion for us. Definitely on our list to visit again soon.Special Features:
- VERY EXPENSIVE!!!DDDFJDDined on 9/16/2014When you celebrate a special occasion, like a 50th birthday, you would think that a class act like Ocean Prime would do SOMETHING to recognize it. We made it known that we were dining to celebrate this occasion. After spending $200 on dinner for TWO, the very LEAST OP could have done was present a free dessert, drink or appetizer but NOTHING. To spend this kind of money on dinner is a rare occasion for most & I will not return to OP if I want to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale DiningFoodie03VIPDined on 9/15/2014I enjoy myself every time I go to Ocean Prime. The wait staff is friendly and engaging and the food is always good. I love the atmosphere - very romantic. I would always recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious and the ambiance was incredible! The only issue with the service was continued to put ice in water glasses when the cup was full of ice could barely get water from it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceJulybaker67Dined on 9/12/2014My husband chose this restaurant for his birthday dinner. The service was outstanding and the food excellent. We would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Not worth the money.fisherskatDined on 9/6/2014We love great food but our experience just wasn't worth the price. The house salad was over dressed. Too bad because it would have been outstanding otherwise.Special Features:
- Had to send my steak backOscarStyleDined on 9/6/2014This is the 4th time I've been to Ocean Prime. The first 3 times I had no complaints. I ordered seafood the first 3 times though. This time I ordered steak, and it was way overcooked. I had to send it back, so my date ate her dinner without me. They returned my steak, and it was cooked fine, but my date had basically already finished her meal. The manager did not comp the steak either, which from my experience generally happens when you have to send a dish a back. Very cool spot, food and service bit suspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!recre8Dined on 9/6/2014The food and service were great! Great menu selection and drinks from the bar were top notch. A friend told me they did not enjoy the restaurant but I found it to be awesome! I would highly recommend it to anyone. :)Special Features:
- Great!turbothrustDined on 8/30/2014I have been here several times and am never disappointed! Thank you again!Special Features:
- Perfect Choice!MarcosDined on 8/25/2014We had our anniversary dinner here and it was amazing! We've been to many of the high-end restaurants in the city, but the overall service and food were the best we've had, period! We were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary", and taken to a quiet area with a large booth. Perfect for the occasion. The service provided by "Darren" was exceptional. He was knowledgeable about the menu, friendly, and attentive. He was there when we needed him, and not there when we were having conversation. Bottom line, he was great!!! The food was phenomenal! We had steaks, and they were perfectly cooked; a little char on top, but nice and pink in the middle. The sides were great as well! To top it off, the desert was amazing!! Bottom line, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Ocean Prime TimeMarnoDined on 8/25/2014From the moment you walk in you realize this will be special. And then the waiter describes the menu and you really know you're in for a treat. Great food, great staff, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!EnjoyingTheGoodLifeDined on 8/22/2014You don't always find a restaurant that is good a preparing both seafood and meat, but Ocean Prime has mastered it! Our party of four had a varied selection from the menu and everything was excellent. The service was impeccable. This is my second visit to Ocean Prime, and is rising quickly to the top of my favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 8/21/2014Everything ordered was delicious. Great service. Service was great. Wine list was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinersalaheartDined on 8/20/2014This was our second visit to Ocean Prime to celebrate a our anniversary, our 41st this year. Both experiences were wonderful in entirety, and we will most definitely plan to return in the future, most likely for other special occasions!Special Features: