Ocean Prime - Indianapolis
8555 N. River Road
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oceanprimeindy.com/
- Phone: 3175690975x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Shawn O'Brien
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ocean Prime features a stunning private dining room, The Prime Room, accommodating up to 40 Guests. Our terrace is also available for private events, and the full restaurant is available for luncheon events. Please call 317.569.0975 for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Schultz 3175690975x
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano music in our Blu Lounge beginning at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
A word from Ocean Prime - Indianapolis
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ocean Prime - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Ocean Prime - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)romantic (126)notable wine list (99)fit for foodies (93)great for outdoor dining (60)good for groups (49)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (33)neighborhood gem (27)late-night find (17)scenic view (10)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time visiting and did so based off North Side Nights. I would say the salmon I had was the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal / Surprisingly LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014The meal was very, very good. The seafood was very fresh and excellently prepared. The pacing was relaxed but attentive. The atmosphere was not quite what I was expecting. I thought it would be a little more intimate and quiet. We were seated in the main dining room right next to the door to the bar. The door was opened and closed dozens of times throughout our meal and members of the service staff had several conversations at the door standing right at our table. There was a baby crying at the table next to us which the waiter apologized for even though it was obviously not the restaurant's fault. A busboy ran through the dining room at one point and the music was louder classic rock. It seemed chaotic, not relaxed. Overall - meh.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceSmartPakerLissaDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed our food and our wait staff!! Would definitely recommend to others and we will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerIndyDiner2Dined on 9/19/2014We tried Ocean Prime as part of the Northside Nights experience. This gives us a chance to try fine dining establishments and this one was wonderful. We were greeted promptly and wished "happy anniversary" as I had noted that when making the reservation. We were asked if we wanted to sit outside as it was a lovely evening so we did. Our server (Michelle) was outstanding. She also wished us a happy anniversary. The drinks and dinner were delicious. The northside nights menu gives you just the right portions. Loved the onion soup and the filet was done perfectly. We had coffee as we enjoyed the five layer carrot cake (which also was the right size). Enjoyed our evening very much and would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met every expectationChristieDined on 9/18/2014We had heard great things about this place. Took advantage of Northside Nights to try it out. Service, food, ambience all were wonderful. I had crabcakes and would get them again. Excellent experience!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSharonDined on 9/17/2014We had a very delightful evening celebrating our anniversary. The staff was excellent in recognizing it was a special occasion for us. Definitely on our list to visit again soon.Special Features:
- VERY EXPENSIVE!!!DDDFJDDined on 9/16/2014When you celebrate a special occasion, like a 50th birthday, you would think that a class act like Ocean Prime would do SOMETHING to recognize it. We made it known that we were dining to celebrate this occasion. After spending $200 on dinner for TWO, the very LEAST OP could have done was present a free dessert, drink or appetizer but NOTHING. To spend this kind of money on dinner is a rare occasion for most & I will not return to OP if I want to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale DiningFoodie03Dined on 9/15/2014I enjoy myself every time I go to Ocean Prime. The wait staff is friendly and engaging and the food is always good. I love the atmosphere - very romantic. I would always recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious and the ambiance was incredible! The only issue with the service was continued to put ice in water glasses when the cup was full of ice could barely get water from it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceJulybaker67Dined on 9/12/2014My husband chose this restaurant for his birthday dinner. The service was outstanding and the food excellent. We would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Not worth the money.fisherskatDined on 9/6/2014We love great food but our experience just wasn't worth the price. The house salad was over dressed. Too bad because it would have been outstanding otherwise.Special Features:
- Had to send my steak backOscarStyleDined on 9/6/2014This is the 4th time I've been to Ocean Prime. The first 3 times I had no complaints. I ordered seafood the first 3 times though. This time I ordered steak, and it was way overcooked. I had to send it back, so my date ate her dinner without me. They returned my steak, and it was cooked fine, but my date had basically already finished her meal. The manager did not comp the steak either, which from my experience generally happens when you have to send a dish a back. Very cool spot, food and service bit suspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!recre8Dined on 9/6/2014The food and service were great! Great menu selection and drinks from the bar were top notch. A friend told me they did not enjoy the restaurant but I found it to be awesome! I would highly recommend it to anyone. :)Special Features:
- Great!turbothrustDined on 8/30/2014I have been here several times and am never disappointed! Thank you again!Special Features:
- Perfect Choice!MarcosDined on 8/25/2014We had our anniversary dinner here and it was amazing! We've been to many of the high-end restaurants in the city, but the overall service and food were the best we've had, period! We were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary", and taken to a quiet area with a large booth. Perfect for the occasion. The service provided by "Darren" was exceptional. He was knowledgeable about the menu, friendly, and attentive. He was there when we needed him, and not there when we were having conversation. Bottom line, he was great!!! The food was phenomenal! We had steaks, and they were perfectly cooked; a little char on top, but nice and pink in the middle. The sides were great as well! To top it off, the desert was amazing!! Bottom line, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Ocean Prime TimeMarnoDined on 8/25/2014From the moment you walk in you realize this will be special. And then the waiter describes the menu and you really know you're in for a treat. Great food, great staff, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!EnjoyingTheGoodLifeDined on 8/22/2014You don't always find a restaurant that is good a preparing both seafood and meat, but Ocean Prime has mastered it! Our party of four had a varied selection from the menu and everything was excellent. The service was impeccable. This is my second visit to Ocean Prime, and is rising quickly to the top of my favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 8/21/2014Everything ordered was delicious. Great service. Service was great. Wine list was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinersalaheartDined on 8/20/2014This was our second visit to Ocean Prime to celebrate a our anniversary, our 41st this year. Both experiences were wonderful in entirety, and we will most definitely plan to return in the future, most likely for other special occasions!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceurkiddingVIPDined on 8/17/2014We waited over 15 minutes for our waitress to appear - although we were provided almost immediately with water and a basket of bread. Our waitress mixed up our salad order. We ordered the lobster special and had to ask for crackers for the claws. We never did receive appropriate forks. She did stop back to inquire about our food etc., but actually did not stop long enough for us to make any comment.
- Our nightClemsDined on 8/16/2014They were great but too expensive for us. Also we were given free desert bc they thought our food took too long but them when I actually looked at our receipt it was free but then we were charged for another item we didn't order. Disappointing!Special Features:
- heartlandsamDined on 8/16/2014Our server, Darren, was terrific. Would request him on next visit. Food excellent, tho I thought my blackened snapper was a bit bland.Special Features:
- Anniversary with live musicMeg11Dined on 8/15/2014We came in Friday night for dessert and sat in the lounge for dinner. We didn't know there was live music so that was a nice surprise. Our server was very attentive. Great host-server communication because we were immediately give 2 glasses of champagne at our table. The food was amazing! We ordered oysters on the half shell to start, then had teriyaki salmon, and sea scallops. Later he treated us to dessert for another anniversary surprise! We were too full so he boxed it up for us. Overall we had a great time. This was our first time but we will be back! Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience first timeMayorDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time and our experience was notable but not likely a place we would return. Great food and atmosphere but very expensive.Special Features:
- One of twoDatenight2Dined on 8/15/2014Lovely restaurant. Tim, our waiter was the first " professional" waiter we have experienced since we have been dining our way across Indy. He knew the ingredients, and preparation, of all the dishes we inquired about while suggesting slight changes to accommodate dietary needs. His wine suggestions were spot on. The food was Wonderful and prepared to perfection. Husband voted it the best restaurant in Indianapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow start..fabulous finishRFCarmelVIPDined on 8/14/2014Had high expectations when I made week in advance reservations announcing we would be celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary. Upon arrival, nice welcome but request for outdoor patio seating was denied due to lingering guests! Being starved, we accepted booth in bar--big mistake! Server was too busy and we were ignored for nearly 10 minutes! Got up to leave and told hostess we were extremely disappointed.. She immediately summoned manager WILLIAM, who took control and turned around the entire evening by getting us seated on the patio and making DARREN our server! From then on, service was impeccable and food extremely delicious. GM ALEX stopped by to insure our satisfaction as well. All's well that ends well. We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Beautiful RestaurantAkjohnsonVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food was great. The food was hot and the dessert was just awesome. The peanut butter dessert is a must try. The service was a bit slow for the head waiter. We had to ask for drink refills twice. He would often forget items we had asked for. (i.e. sweetner...glass of ice...wine glass)Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodDined on 8/9/2014We both ordered different fish (halibut and Chilean sea bass)...they has same seasoning (tasted like Old Bay). So fish tasted same despite different entrees. Menu makes it sound like there are aidwa (lobster gnocchi)....they r "garnish" as the waiter warned. He was not joking. There were 2 tiny pieces of gnocchi. The lobster bisque was mediocre. My dirty martini tasted watered-down....fish was $40+ Each. Not the quality/uniqueness of fine dining we expect.Special Features:
- rickDined on 8/8/2014We have switched our anniversary dinner to Ocean Prime for the secound year now and its likely to become our tradition. Sullivan's is still a fine restaurant but Ocean Prime has taken over as our first choice. Wish we could enjoy dining there more often. Jeromey and the entire staff were very enjoyable with just the right amount of attention!The food items were all imaginative and impressive as well as delicious. Thnaks ! Rick and Becky Smith Fortville INSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OCfoodGirlDined on 8/7/2014We were visiting Indy and found this place on Open Table. We were very happy with our experience. They have a very nice outside bar and eating area. High & low tables. They even have some cozy couches. The inside dining area seemed a bit stuffy so we opted for the outdoor patio. A little more relaxed atmosphere. We tried the filet mignon and the salmon. Everything was cooked to perfection. They had a nice gluten free menu and the waiter was very helpful. Their wine list was good too! We would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectNothanksDined on 8/7/2014And would have been perfect, but our server had too many tables assigned to her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmm goodBpeggDined on 8/6/2014From entering to leaving 5 stars across the board. Our server jermey was knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. The Kansas City strip was perfectly cooked and you can taste the dry age. Try the tuna appetizer, calamari, appetizer, and the blackened snapper. All in all, it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special night out!Lindsey0588Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great evening here to celebrate our anniversary. We were greeted with flutes of champagne and were congratulated by everyone who came to our table. They did a great job of making it feel special. All the food was great, but we especially loved the desert. We had peanut butter pie, and it was amazing! It was large enough to split, and very rich. We ordered Chilean Sea Bass and Scallops for our entrees, and we were very pleased with their freshness and flavor. We would definitely come back to Ocean Prime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, foodGTPCDined on 8/2/2014Always have great service here, from the greeters,the bar, and wait staff. We particularly enjoy the bar service from Shelby and Maggie who are professional, friendly, and remember customers. The truffle popcorn is addicting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Online reservationAlongRoadDined on 8/1/2014It was so efficient to make our reservation online. We got seated right away with our choice of bar or dining area. The waiter called me by my name, and we felt so special the whole night. It was a great way to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnapperbirthdayDined on 7/31/2014The blacken snapper and side of ratatouille were great. If you decanter your wine, let the waiter serve it. I made quite a mess. The martinis could have had something to do with itSpecial Features:
- Overall a good experiencefeedingmyfaceDined on 7/26/2014Was seated in the Prime Room. The room was full. Very noisy...not a quiet spot in there. The waiter didn't speak clearly and was difficult to understand. Food Excellent.Special Features:
- a classicPapaBearDined on 7/26/2014Very enjoyable meal; by far the best seafood in Indianapolis. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slighty disappointing. . .VegasFriendsDined on 7/26/2014We recently visited Ocean Prime and while the service was exceptional, the food was disappointing for the price. Definitely recommend the crab cake appetizer, which was outstanding, and the house salad is a superb combination of greens, fruit, nuts and a house-made dressing. Our main courses were disappointing, as the terryaki salmon was prepared well, but not outstanding flavors as you might expect. The Chilean Sea Bass (which was recommended by the server and highlighted here), required a knife to cut as it was overcooked, and even my wife felt the flavor was definitely "missing something." Didn't live up to our expectations as a seafood desitnation. . .Special Features:
- Incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014I have eaten at Ocean Prime about four times now and it is always a fabulous experience. The Sea Bass and Crabcakes were so fresh and tasty. I will definitely be back here again.Special Features: