Ocean Prime - Denver
1465 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimedenver.com/
- Phone: 3038253663x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Sunday 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Blu Lounge: 4:00 PM - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eally Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar! The music begins at 6:30 p.m., Thursday and Friday, and at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, Monday - Friday, from 3:30 - 6:30 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
On Sunday evening, enjoy half-priced bottles of wine in our dining room as we offer over 200 selected* bottles from our collection. Cheers!
A word from Ocean Prime - Denver
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ocean Prime - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Ocean Prime - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (260)romantic (176)fit for foodies (146)notable wine list (131)good for groups (91)hot spot (78)scenic view (61)vibrant bar scene (55)neighborhood gem (50)great for outdoor dining (30)great for lunch (23)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Amazing SeafoodPamSDined on 10/15/2014We all had the halibut lunch special and it was worth it! By far some of the best cook fish I have had in a long time. Perfect lunch portion.Special Features:
- Great service and incredible food!KrspilzDined on 10/12/2014My husband and i dined here for our first anniversary (he proposed here). When I made the reservation on open table I noted it was our anniversary. When we got there, they greeted us with complimentary glasses of champagne. The "Sunday dinner" was outstanding...great lobster bisque and delicious stuffed lobster. We had a crab cake appetizer which was wonderful. Everyone was so nice, wishing us a happy anniversary. They even comped the dessert! We had a table by the window with a great view of denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The service was impeccable. All the staff--from the manager to the bartenders to the waiters made us feel very welcome. Will definitely go there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceGlenDined on 10/11/2014I've been to this restaurant multiple times and it is always consistently good. From fish to steak, I'm never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great service and foodjagirlDined on 10/10/2014all great. server clair wonderful. super piano bar. great age mix. all around great.Special Features:
- Great time at Oceans PrimePozzguyDined on 10/4/2014Service was professional, timely, and attentive to all. The food was perfect. We truly enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:
- Awesome nightnitewfriendsDined on 10/3/2014John our server really made our dining experience GREAT! We had a group of 6 and food, wine and conversation flowed! Would definitely come back again, and again! Thank you John for adding to the experience with your history trivia and conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Ocean Prime was without question one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed. Incredible steak and excellent wine list. The table I requested was honored and my lady was extremely happy with that... Thank you!Special Features:
- On top of their gameSimplyAmazingDined on 10/3/2014Waitstaff is always on top of their game ! Always attentive to your needs. The staff seems to operate and move through the room like a fine watch. They seem to anticipate the customers next thought ! Amazing service amazing food and amazing drinks. Flawless !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine ListOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014Dinnner with 4 on patio, great people watcing, outstanding food, great service, excellent wine list. Comfortable environmnet for relaxed conversation.Special Features:
- Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/29/2014We have been to Ocean Prime many times and it never disappoints. Very easy spot to get in and out of for a professional lunch. Really like the complimentary valet service (of course always tip anyway). Service was excellent and window seats upstairs are hard to beat. We had the blackened salmon special and it was wonderful. On weekends, it's tough to get in, so need to make reservations early. Grab a drink at the bar and then head upstairs to dinner. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great TimeKimYumFoodDined on 9/27/2014The food was amazing and the staff was extremely attentive and catered to our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love ocean prime!!!!!!Tony4uDined on 9/22/2014The food is ALWAYS excellent. The staff (Alex and Omar) were outstanding!!!!! The chef has exquisite taste and we love every dish!!!! The people at the door were outstanding.... The manager was outstanding!!!!!! Can't say enough good things about Ocean Prime....we recommend it to all of our friends!!!!!!Special Features:
- Amazing!foodloverDined on 9/21/2014The food was amazing, and the staff was very kind and knowledgeable. It was our first visit, but we had an incredible time. We had appetizers, raw bar, as well as entrees and side dishes. Amazing food!Special Features:
- Awesome! But will not be the sameSeanBDined on 9/21/2014We have gone here a few times now and love the food. But what made it an amazing experience was our waiter Dennis. The sad part is he is moving to the ocean prime in SoCal. We have had a couple other waiters but we're nowhere near how Dennis is treated us. Try the sea bass and jalapeño Au gratin , it's amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Dinner DealDenverJudgeDined on 9/21/2014I took my brother and sister-in-law to a Sunday meal on their 30th anniversary. Our bottle of wine was half-price, there was a 3-course prix fixe dinner at $40, and the house threw in some complimentary champagne. This is a very good value. The waiter politely but persistently tried to persuade us to venture off the prix fixe selections. The half stuffed lobster was tasty. I plan to return to Ocean Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceres49Dined on 9/19/2014We had a great experience for our anniversary. The staff were very welcoming from the start of the evening and Paul our waiter was excellent. The food was outstanding and the signature sea bass was to die for. We had theater tickets for later and Paul made sure we received our food in time to make our show.Special Features:
- Great eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Ocean Prime has a good selection to their menu. Food was really good and it didn't take long for our order to arrive at our table. Our serviceperson Ben was excellent.Special Features:
- A Great Place for a Business DinnerMikemoDined on 9/17/2014I took my top client for a business dinner to OP. The overall experience was great. The food choices and food served was outstanding. The service was impeckable.Special Features:
- AnniversarySuth179Dined on 9/15/2014Meal was great. Servers where attentive and made our anniversary specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentcoloradomomDined on 9/14/2014Another lovely dinner on the patio at Ocean Prime. This was a pre-theater dinner and we had plenty of time to enjoy our meal before heading off to our show. Service was a little spotty, sometimes our waitperson was around our table a lot, and then lots of time would go by and we wouldn't see her at all. Ahu tuna tartare is amazing, as is the goat cheese ravioli and the signature salad. They had a Sunday dinner special for $39 - 1st course, stuffed lobster and dessert. Great deal and it was amazing. Scallops were delicious and the lobster tail was sweet, tender and cooked perfectly. Chocolate peanut butter mousse = amazing!! Our second time in the last couple of months and we will be back!!Special Features:
- VickiVickiDined on 9/12/2014It was a very busy restaurant - the waiters/waitresses did a good job keeping focused on service while every table was full. It was too noisy to hear across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentYummDined on 9/10/2014Our second visit to this venue,I was a bit concerned about bringing a client,when I saw how busy it was,but I think they did an excellent job. We were kindly greeted at the door by 2 nice hostess. The server,Claire,did a great job communicating with us about specials,timing on food and she accommodated all our requests.Food was awesome,very good flavor balance,well presented,served properly hot/cold,good quality. Well done Chef. Can't wait to come back.This is what makes a good restaurant experience and a memory.thxSpecial Features:
- Wonderful meal every time!TimBDined on 9/10/2014We have now taken family and friends to Ocean Prime twice in the past month and the food is maybe the best we have found in Denver! Great service, great view of Larimer and outstanding food all the way through.Special Features:
- Not Wow'dOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Disappointed with the service, and not Wow'd for the price of the food.
- Disappointed.JKMDDined on 9/9/2014I am a foodie and was really looking forward to this restaurant but left very disappointed. The bread at the beginning of the meal was so hard I thought I was going to break a tooth. I got the halibut and it was bland. The drinks were watered down. I won't be going back there.
- Best steak everpretorious118Dined on 9/6/2014I will never be able to appreciate another steak after eating at Ocean Prime. The filet mignon was perfectly crusted and salty on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside. It was to die for. The Lobster Mashed Potatoes are heavenly. Great wine list and the servers are knowledgeable. Great staff, they are personable and kind without being intrusive. You are made to feel truly appreciated from the second you walk in the door to the moment you leave. New favorite in Denver.Special Features:
- Great experienceDebbieDined on 9/6/2014We have been to Ocean Prime before and enjoyed it. However, this time we celebrated our anniversary and the staff at Ocean Prime treated us like royalty!! Everyone wish us Happy Anniversary and we were treated to a glass of champagne and dessert. Thank you so much to everyone at Ocean Prime for making this a very special dinner for us. We would highly recommend Ocean Prime for dinner or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- familyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Had to ask for window seat after calling ahead for one. We went at 5:30 and they were hesitant in giving us the window table despite there being five open. A steak was suggested by the waitress and it came to us overdone. We sent it back and when they returned it was cooked better, but it was very chewy. Ordered the filet instead but still not up to par compared to other high end steak places. We have visited this restaurant several times and have good experiences in the past, but this visit was a disappointment.
- Ocean prime great resturantSidney1958Dined on 9/6/2014Just want to say that our experience at Ocean prime was excellent. My steak and scallops were cooked to perfection. My husband had the seabass and he said it was great. We choose Ocean Prime for our 34th. Anniversery a recomandation from our children and was not disappointed, our waiter was Great. We will be back.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Went for 5 year anniversary, waited for 1 hour, saw tables sit, eat and leave before we got food. They boxed our food for us cuz we said we had to leave. Comped it but still charged us for our appetizer and salad. Pretty sad.Special Features:
- Always greatRonJDined on 9/5/2014This is one of if not my only favorite restaurants of all time. The quality of the food is always fantastic from the main course down to the bread and sides. Seriously!Special Features:
- ExcellentBobMDined on 9/4/2014Went there for my girlfriend's birthday. It was outstanding. They treated us very well and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good choiceKimalahDined on 8/31/2014Food was excellent and well presented. Service was not so good. OK in the beginning and then very slow. They have lots of employees around by not very good attention. Shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes for dessert and another for the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall greatCorayDined on 8/31/2014The food was outstanding and the menu has something for everyone. Val our waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerCarrieDined on 8/30/2014If you go, be prepared to spend some $$$. That being said, you will be sure to get your money's worth. The place was beautiful, the service was on point, and the food was amazing. We will be back for future special occasions.Special Features:
- Thank You!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Our server Patrick made it an experience to remember. The three ladies that I brought with me had not experienced such an excellent restaurant. The cost being a factor. The only complaint, was that the table was too small for everything that we ordered. We will do it again, just not for a while. The bubbles & berries drink was a major hit. Thanks again for a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFood4snobbieDined on 8/30/2014We ordered off the restaurant week menu. Both of us had their house salads, which were very good. I had the salmon and my husband had the filet. Both were excellent. Can't wait to come back again. We were seated next to the window so were able to overlook larimer street. That was kind of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkoDined on 8/29/2014Always a great dining experience. Tables on the veranda give an entertaining look at Larimer Square.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerLittletonRKDined on 8/29/2014We did the restaurant menu. While the portions were small, the food was all cooked well. Be sure to try the bubbles and berries cocktail!Special Features: