Ocean Prime - Denver
1465 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimedenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 825-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Sunday 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Blu Lounge: 4:00 PM - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eally Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar! The music begins at 6:30 p.m., Thursday and Friday, and at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, Monday - Friday, from 3:30 - 6:30 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
On Sunday evening, enjoy half-priced bottles of wine in our dining room as we offer over 200 selected* bottles from our collection. Cheers!
A word from Ocean Prime - Denver
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ocean Prime - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Ocean Prime - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (262)romantic (176)fit for foodies (155)notable wine list (141)good for groups (95)hot spot (85)vibrant bar scene (67)scenic view (64)neighborhood gem (44)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (20)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (4)Show More
- delicious and specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014My wife and I visited for our 12th anniversary, the staff was amazing, the food was delicious and the ambiance was perfect. They made it an evening to remember, topped off by complimentary champagne and dessert (on which they had happy anniversary written in chocolate drizzle around the edge of the plate).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have a dietary issue....They work hard to help!TerriODined on 11/18/2014One of our dining group has gluten and onion issues. This restaurant worked hard to accommodate our companion's choices. We get together once a month to eat and some places won't even take a reservation when they hear that she has special needs. All the other food was well prepared, presented and served. We felt like we were fed efficiently but not pushed. We'll definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRonJamesDined on 11/15/2014great place food was awesome service was superb ambience was great I had the blacKened sea bass and never had she left before and it was delicious we went there for my wife's birthday when they have two occasion you said birthday when we order dessert they wrote happy birthday on the plate exceptional service will be back again and if you don't go you regret itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food & Great ServiceChristineDined on 11/14/2014We arrived slightly before our reservation time of 9pm. We were seated promptly at a tiny table in a tight spot. After maybe a minute and a half our waiter told us a booth had opened up and asked if we would like to move (we had not requested this and I was very impressed!) We were seated at a comfortable booth where we my husband and I had extra space and could hear each other. I was delighted! Our server Val was wonderful! We had the calamari, lump crab cakes, salmon, parmesan truffle fries, and black truffle mac and cheese. Everything was extraordinary, but my favorite thing was the calamari. I've lived on the gulf coast for years and it was the best calamari I've ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish to beefBernieVIPDined on 11/14/2014Went for fish, but the bone-in filet looked tempting and was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Entrees!JessicaVIPDined on 11/14/2014As the name would suggest, they've got great seafood entrees here. Our table had the king salmon, striped bass, and teriyaki salmon - all of which were really yummy and prepared perfectly. We also started with the fondue and gobbled it up like savages. Already looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday dinner!LoveColoradoVIPDined on 11/14/2014I have wanted to try Ocean Prime for a long time, but heard it was expensive and noisy. Yes, it is expensive, but no more than any other upscale restaurant that serves quality food and offers a great dining experience. I called about the noise issue, and the host said she' make sure we were seated at a quieter table. She honored our request, and sat us upstairs in the veranda. From our table you could see the lights and action on Larimer. It was a very cold night, and being next to windows could have been drafty, but they have wonderful overhead heaters which kept us toasty. I had the striped Sea Bass, which was moist and flavorful. My husband had the king salmon, which had a wonderful crispy crust,but perfectly cooked inside. He also had a crab cake which was excellent. My house salad was underwhelming. They should make this a bit more tasty and fun. We also shared a twice baked potato, which was just ordinary. Our server was excellent and noticed it was my birthday. At the end of the meal I was told to order anything for dessert, on the house, and I had the Key Lime Pie, and we both had excellent French Press decaf to warm us up for the drive home. They also have a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great All-Around EveninglenseygDined on 11/9/2014Party of 3: Sunday eve. Dimly lit dining room, fairly busy for a Sunday, but private enough in our booth. Wait staff was knowledgeable about the menu as well as wine pairings. Our waiter was good, not great, but good. The food however, was simply amazing! Not one thing on our table that was not absolutely fabulous! Filet cooked perfectly, bearnaise sauce was out of this world, brussel sprouts could have been my dessert, lobster mashed potatoes are a must have, pork chop (HOLY PORK CHOP!), ravioli appetizer & lemon berry cheesecake for dessert!Special Features:
- Uniformly superbKnyteJemDined on 11/8/2014The food was exquisite and the service superior. Everything from appetizer to drinks to the large and delicious desserts met our high expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night To Remember...DawnVIPDined on 11/8/2014Celebrated our 2 year anniversary. I have never felt so spoiled. They greeted us with champagne and gave us desert. All of the staff was very nice and they made sure our night was a special as possible! The food was also delicious!Special Features:
- GLITWWDined on 11/7/2014Anniversary evening...... Staff made us feel special! Pretty pricey but excellent food and real drinks. Quality not spared....best lobster tails ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowFoodieDined on 11/7/2014One of the best steak dinners I've ever had. Everything from the may itself to the sides, and even the kids Mac and cheese was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive Business DinnerClientOutingsDined on 11/6/2014The smoking seafood appetizer had great flair to wow international guests and set the tone for a unique dining experience. Our service was impeccable and the food was delicious. The wine selection was up to par as well. The décor in the restaurant is also aesthetically pleasing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014The restaurant was beautiful and the service was great. We were disappointed with the quality of our steak. Mine was a rib eye and VERY fatty. The way it was prepared, you couldn't see the steak to cut out the fat, but then, for a $48.00 steak, you would think it would be of better quality. The price was fair for the type of restaurant, but everyone in my party was not impressed with the quality or taste of their meal. We were looking at possibly having our company's Christmas party there, but after that experience, we will keep looking.
- Outstanding!OkieDined on 10/31/2014We got a last minute reservation and couldn't have been happier. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One of the best filet's I have ever had and a I am very picky about my steaks. Served to perfection without any sauces and it was tender and so delicious! They had pomegranate sorbet and it was a perfect way to end the meal. Would come back here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- treesrarelyreviewDined on 10/31/2014I went here for lunch and a week later took 4 friends there for dinner. The lunch server was amazing - best ever. Dinner - server was stiff, efficient, earned his tip but I didn't care for his stiffness. Food great both times. They found us a quite table so we were able to have conversation, something increasingly rare in a resturant. Downstairs there were area for people who like it more lively. So many winners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014We ate here before a Comedy Works show. Great seafood (King Salmon and Chilean Sea Bass)Special Features:
- Featured Fare was a delightrhondaahrensDined on 10/29/2014The scallops and the risotto did not disappoint and a crowd favorite was the calamari appetizer. We loved our meals and were happy we walked from the Convention Center. Despite not having dessert we were all happy and stuffed when we left the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food Great Service but $$$LuvtodineoutVIPDined on 10/28/2014Erin our server was delightful. Also very friendly valets! The scallops were very good, my dining partners enjoyed the lobster, steak and Chilean Sea bass. The bread was warm and delicious. The sides were plentiful-we had the bruselll sprouts, corn (not very exciting) and the yummy scalloped potatoes. Great wine list by the glass. The only complaint-the hostess wanted to seat us in a terrible location -booth by all the traffic-and the restaurant was not half full. We asked for a table by the window and was given the option to do so. I find this with other restaurants-when dining with women they tend to try and seat women in the least favorable place.Special Features:
- RushedRoobyDined on 10/28/2014Dinner was rushed. This restaurant should be an experience in itself - the food, wine, service. Not get 'em in and get 'em out like a casual dining restaurant.Special Features:
- Top notchMamboKatDined on 10/26/2014Ocean Prime is the restaurant for a complete dining experience. Everyone was extremely attentive and friendly. Food to die for, each course was absolutely delicious! Top of my list for Denver's best restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and FoodMbezoniDined on 10/25/2014Our server Patrick was incredible!! Best waiter ever. Food can not be matched. The goat cheese Ravioli is incredible! Steaks and Jalapeno potatoes to die for.Special Features:
- Nice Birthday!!BrianDVIPDined on 10/25/2014Thanks you for the great service and great food! We will be back with Friends!!Special Features:
- Excellent mealVicfromukDined on 10/24/2014First time to restaurant my son had been before the meal was excellent we all had fillet steak all three cooked to perfection one of the best steaks I have ever eaten the bill a bit expensive but I suppose you get what you pay for the place was full I'm glad we booked with open table would use again top marks so easySpecial Features:
- Good location and great foodTheranmanDined on 10/24/2014Me and my girlfriend were in town visiting. The food had a good ambiance and we were seated upstairs and had a good view of the neighborhood. The food was outstanding and there was a good variety. The wait staff was very helpful and even offered suggestions on things to do in the area. Good food awesome staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionBC1234Dined on 10/20/2014We had a delightful time dinning at Ocean Prime this week. We were gathering with family and friends who had not seen each other for a while. Your restaurant venue, the round table and excellent service provided for an enjoyable evening. We will be back!Special Features:
- Special occasionFoodieintheburbsDined on 10/18/2014Had a lovely dinner at ocean prime...excellent food and service. Plan to bring whole family there and won't wait for another special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood, Steakhouse AmbianceReedelVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent seafood prepared perfectly with the ambiance and service expected in the finest steakhouse. The wedge salad was one of the best we've had. The jalapeno au gratin potatoes were delicious. The salmon with lobster gnocchi was outstanding and the crab cakes were very good, although the accompanying sweet corn cream slightly overpowered the succulent crab. The cocktail menu was creative and drinks well-prepared. The chocolate peanut-butter pie was sized for sharing and a perfect ending to the meal. Best decaf coffee I've had in ages! Service was impeccable from accommodating a special request for seating to attentive check-ins during the meal and ending with appropriate birthday attention. One of Denver's best dining options!Special Features:
- Awesome nightJmorriquaiDined on 10/17/2014This was walking distance from our hotel, when we arrived the place was packed, but we were seated right away, the service was awesome, our waitress was funny and very knowledgeable. Also the wine list was amazing. The food was delicious, you definitely paid for it, but both of our steaks were cooked to perfection but the sides, sauces and dessert was all awesome. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SeafoodPamSDined on 10/15/2014We all had the halibut lunch special and it was worth it! By far some of the best cook fish I have had in a long time. Perfect lunch portion.Special Features:
- Great service and incredible food!KrspilzDined on 10/12/2014My husband and i dined here for our first anniversary (he proposed here). When I made the reservation on open table I noted it was our anniversary. When we got there, they greeted us with complimentary glasses of champagne. The "Sunday dinner" was outstanding...great lobster bisque and delicious stuffed lobster. We had a crab cake appetizer which was wonderful. Everyone was so nice, wishing us a happy anniversary. They even comped the dessert! We had a table by the window with a great view of denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The service was impeccable. All the staff--from the manager to the bartenders to the waiters made us feel very welcome. Will definitely go there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceGlenDined on 10/11/2014I've been to this restaurant multiple times and it is always consistently good. From fish to steak, I'm never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great service and foodjagirlDined on 10/10/2014all great. server clair wonderful. super piano bar. great age mix. all around great.Special Features:
- Glad it is not my first visit to OPOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014We recently went to OP in Denver to celebrate and old friends visit and had a great view upstairs looking down to Larimer Street. As usual, the service was fantastic and we were well taken care of. The problem was the food freshness but if this was my first visit, I would not return. Our friend had a beautiful big steak and it was spot on as far as he was concerned. My wife had the Sea Bass an all-time favorite due to its buttery texture and rich flavor and she stated that it was quite fishy. I sampled and thought the same. I had a Salmon dish topped with Lobster and the lobster tasted like the gutter. The salmon was quite tasty. The bread is/was fantastic! The wait staff always attentive but not bothersome.Special Features:
- Great time at Oceans PrimePozzguyDined on 10/4/2014Service was professional, timely, and attentive to all. The food was perfect. We truly enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:
- Awesome nightnitewfriendsDined on 10/3/2014John our server really made our dining experience GREAT! We had a group of 6 and food, wine and conversation flowed! Would definitely come back again, and again! Thank you John for adding to the experience with your history trivia and conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Ocean Prime was without question one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed. Incredible steak and excellent wine list. The table I requested was honored and my lady was extremely happy with that... Thank you!Special Features:
- On top of their gameSimplyAmazingDined on 10/3/2014Waitstaff is always on top of their game ! Always attentive to your needs. The staff seems to operate and move through the room like a fine watch. They seem to anticipate the customers next thought ! Amazing service amazing food and amazing drinks. Flawless !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine ListOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014Dinnner with 4 on patio, great people watcing, outstanding food, great service, excellent wine list. Comfortable environmnet for relaxed conversation.Special Features: